DC Universe: Sandbox [Freeform Superhero] (Recruiting)

Started by Totoro, October 12, 2018, 12:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totoro

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on October 13, 2018, 09:21:54 AM
I am very interested in this!

For characters I'd play I'm interested in the following

Nightwing

Starfire

Superman

I could go with either three of these depending on what character limit you think is ideal Sun.

I think three characters maximum, with only one being allowed from global tier.

I will say Superman is the character I will be most particular about characterization wise. Been debating having him as an NPC but really not settled.

You're welcome to Starfire and/or Nightwing for sure.

I think with that and the quantity of interest in under 24 hours I'm more than happy to say I'm confident the game will go ahead and to feel free to work on character sheets and submit them.

Norsegod1839

If you want we can side bar talk about Superman? Though I certainly can understand having him as an NPC I think there's a way to do him that could be an interesting take but not.... OP so that he takes care of everything on his own.

Nightwing and Starfire are much easier. I would probably play Starfire as a lesbian female as well for those looking for such a thing.

Totoro

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on October 13, 2018, 09:28:42 AM
If you want we can side bar talk about Superman? Though I certainly can understand having him as an NPC I think there's a way to do him that could be an interesting take but not.... OP so that he takes care of everything on his own.

Nightwing and Starfire are much easier. I would probably play Starfire as a lesbian female as well for those looking for such a thing.

You're welcome to PM me RE: Superman if you'd like, happy to listen to a take on him. Really though it's not actually him being OP I'm concerned about. There are plenty of characters available that I would consider at least on that level.

And yes, those two are freely welcome although Nightwing may require some consultation between you and our potential Batman player.

Norsegod1839

Sounds good! I always seem to be late to your games in the batman claim :) Though no hard feelings!

Totoro

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on October 13, 2018, 09:53:00 AM
Sounds good! I always seem to be late to your games in the batman claim :) Though no hard feelings!

He is frequently among the first claimed, I think. At least the bat family exist.

Edit: Added a sample CS to the first post in this thread.

Norsegod1839

With Nightwing Star and a Beast Boy I wouldn't be against a Teen Titans of some sorts being formed. That is if our resident Beast Boy is interested.

Sun do you want us to wait to start Pm'ing you CS's?

Totoro

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on October 13, 2018, 10:11:59 AM
With Nightwing Star and a Beast Boy I wouldn't be against a Teen Titans of some sorts being formed. That is if our resident Beast Boy is interested.

Sun do you want us to wait to start Pm'ing you CS's?

Sounds cool.

Teams don't have to have their original members for the record, people playing lesser known characters can join them up to teams.

Welcome to start PM'ing CS's.

Norsegod1839

Cool I should have the two for you today. Will side bar you about Superman.

Also if anyone else wants to join the Teen Titans or have that be a part of their history let me know.

Totoro

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on October 13, 2018, 10:17:39 AM
Cool I should have the two for you today. Will side bar you about Superman.

Also if anyone else wants to join the Teen Titans or have that be a part of their history let me know.

Make sure to tag me into any discussions about the Titans so I can help figure out how they fit into the setting. I plan on building things like the timeline and adding to the worldbuilding thread with information on teams that exist once players have started to form them, so that people get an input on the world.

Norsegod1839

I'll ask publicly in the forum. Who would like to have been or currently be a Teen Titan existing in this universe. If there's enough interest I can send a PM out linking Sun to it and we can discuss from there.

azzmeister89

I'm planning to have a more grown up beast boy character who has grown up from the titans and is now making his own way as "Changling" (his name from Doom Patrol) but he will certainly be fond of his time within the team

Norsegod1839

That certainly works! Maybe we have the team have disbanded a few years ago Sun?

Totoro

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on October 13, 2018, 10:43:06 AM
That certainly works! Maybe we have the team have disbanded a few years ago Sun?

I'm cool with that. We can say the initial team disbanded a little while back and it still leaves potential for a 'New Titans' or 'Titans Reformed' arc to take place in the game with the team either coming back together or starting again with new members.

Norsegod1839

I could see both Star & Nightwing interested in reforming the team with a new roster. Perhaps an influx of Young Hero's or something along those lines.

Life in Color

Bah.

Can you dogear Zatanna and Miss Martian for me?

Prolly gonna go Katy Perry for Zee.

I'll have sheets to you this weekend.

Norsegod1839

Katy Perry for Z! Some solid FC. I saw Natalie Dormer once as a potential Z and I thought that was pretty solid to. I think Katty blows that one out of the water though.

Totoro

Quote from: Life in Color on October 13, 2018, 12:17:49 PM
Bah.

Can you dogear Zatanna and Miss Martian for me?

Prolly gonna go Katy Perry for Zee.

I'll have sheets to you this weekend.

Gotcha, no problem. J'onn will be an NPC so we can figure out how that works out.

No big rush on the sheets really.

Edit: OOC and Characters threads can be found here if anyone wants to check out other characters as they get approved. For this one I'll be posting the CS's myself, hope that's fine with everyone. They can be edited/deleted at your request.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=294730.0
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=294729.0

yaracyrrah

Permission to submit a Wonder Woman?

ETA: At what point in her timeline would you like her?  I'm not a canon scholar so I'd prefer a relatively simple backstory.

Totoro

Quote from: yaracyrrah on October 13, 2018, 03:36:20 PM
Permission to submit a Wonder Woman?

ETA: At what point in her timeline would you like her?  I'm not a canon scholar so I'd prefer a relatively simple backstory.

Permission granted.

Being a canon scholar is certainly not required here. It is entirely up to you where she is at in her time line. This is its own universe. Superman is going to be 48 and very experienced but that does not mean she needs to be. Whatever version of the character you want to write.

Aethyrium

They're not on the list, so I want to confirm its okay. It sounds like BarbaraGordon & I are going to play Hawk and Dove, if that sounds fine.

Totoro

Quote from: Aethyrium on October 13, 2018, 11:11:22 PM
They're not on the list, so I want to confirm its okay. It sounds like BarbaraGordon & I are going to play Hawk and Dove, if that sounds fine.

Confirmed as okay.

They are briefly mentioned here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=294729.msg14449743#msg14449743

But I'm sure minor changes (I'm going to guess possibly changing the word brothers to sisters?) should be fine.

Kadigan

They were sisters for a short period of time. With all the timey wimey DC has going on..

Totoro

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on October 14, 2018, 06:44:33 AM
They were sisters for a short period of time. With all the timey wimey DC has going on..

Sisters is no issue at all. I'll double check with Juggtacular before I change his CS but it's all good. Looking forward to seeing them.

indarkestknight

EvieFrye