Xavier's Institute For Higher Learning ~ CLOSED!

Started by persephone325, August 01, 2016, 11:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Quote from: Bibliophilia on August 04, 2016, 07:00:34 AM
I'm just gonna drop the vampire thing.  I like the idea of playing Jubes normally, and...well...clearly my memories from the cartoon did not reflect her true powers.  Girl is scary powerful.

Persephone, as far as type, I believe Jubilee would be a First of Family, right?  I mean, as far as I know she doesn't have any mutant family members, and her powers did manifest around puberty.

That's fine! :-)

Yes. I believe she's the first in her family.

Quote from: Lockepick on August 04, 2016, 11:48:59 AM
Quick Question: How long ago was the 'attack' that's mentioned in the first post? I was intending to use that as a polarizing/catalyst for my dude, and wanted to ensure the time-line was right.

Intimate Ink is right. The game will start a few months after the attack. I believe it will be in September, as almost all schools begin new years in that month. I'm thinking that the attack probably happened around the end of May/nearing the end of the school year. Magneto and his crew were so nice as to not disturb the flow of the schedules, weren't they? lol

Quote from: Lockepick on August 04, 2016, 02:16:37 PM
Some other idle questions: What's a 'normal' class load, in regard to numbers of classes? And would it be weird for a non-psionic type to go to a Mental Resilience class?

It's all about player preference here. Pick the classes you think seem interesting, or that your character would like. If you want someone to take nearly every class, then that's your choice! Though with Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced classes, it would be wise to just choose one of the three. Otherwise it can be confusing. ^^ So, if you want to have your character take the Mental Resilience class, that's fine with me. It's more a class of learning how to protect yourself from psychic attacks. So anyone can take it. :-)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

yugi006

Black Howling

Working on fixing up my second character for the game. Should have the little trouble maker sent in to Sephy soonish.

Lockepick

Sorry, I apologize for all the needling questions -- I just want to make sure what I'm writing makes sense -- Are we saying the school is out for the summer? Or do classes extend all year round?

I realized I was writing up about being in a class for the last few months, but if we're starting in the beginning of the year... that wouldn't be accurate! Which is fine -- I can work with either, I just wanted to ensure it was logical.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on August 04, 2016, 04:11:19 PM
When will the game start?

I can't give an exact date right now. I have several people who have messaged me with questions, and they're still working on their sheets. Maybe by the end of the weekend? Though don't quote me on that.

Quote from: Black Howling on August 04, 2016, 04:13:35 PM
Working on fixing up my second character for the game. Should have the little trouble maker sent in to Sephy soonish.

Oohh! I wonder who it could be...

Quote from: Lockepick on August 04, 2016, 06:10:12 PM
Sorry, I apologize for all the needling questions -- I just want to make sure what I'm writing makes sense -- Are we saying the school is out for the summer? Or do classes extend all year round?

I realized I was writing up about being in a class for the last few months, but if we're starting in the beginning of the year... that wouldn't be accurate! Which is fine -- I can work with either, I just wanted to ensure it was logical.

No need to apologize! Think of it like Hogwarts. The kids stay at the school throughout the year, there's a summer break when they can go home if they wish, and then classes start up again in the new year. Though most students stay at the school because not a lot of them have a place to go. There's no classes in the summer, though.

EDIT: Also, I haven't forgotten anyone who has sent me a PM! I've just had a busy day today for some reason. I'll be getting back to you ASAP! ^^
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Bibliophilia

DinaFlower

Could I make someone like deadpool? As he was an X man for a short amount of time. And in his own mind he is always an X man. I wanted to make someone who has his power. But without the skin thing. She would not have the same personality. Though she would be borderline insane.

Black Howling

Quote from: DinaFlower on August 04, 2016, 07:31:00 PM
Could I make someone like deadpool? As he was an X man for a short amount of time. And in his own mind he is always an X man. I wanted to make someone who has his power. But without the skin thing. She would not have the same personality. Though she would be borderline insane.

Not Sephy here, but I believe we have an actual female deadpool clone in the works already, and that might be a bit of crossover.

Bibliophilia

Has anyone claimed Angel?

DinaFlower

Quote from: Black Howling on August 04, 2016, 07:34:05 PM
Not Sephy here, but I believe we have an actual female deadpool clone in the works already, and that might be a bit of crossover.

Oh, that sucks =/. SHe was going to be an OC with Deadpools power. But Deadpool WAS an Xmen at one point. What story arc was that....

persephone325

I don't know.

Bibliophilia

-snickers at Dina.-  He actually has more than just the wings.  But...I'll admit to liking the fact that he's a bit more lowkey on the powers, since Jubes is so balls-to-the-wall.

Yay!  -goes on the hunt for a face claim...so many options!-

Lockepick

Hooray! Ezra is approved!

Derek Parker plays PC Ezra 'Streak' Bell

[b][color=blue]Derek Parker[/color][/b] plays PC [i]Ezra 'Streak' Bell[/i]
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

DinaFlower

Quote from: persephone325 on August 04, 2016, 08:03:30 PM
Howling is right. Someone has a Deadpool style clone in the works. Noodle! That's who asked about it.

Well sad face. I just wanted that regeneration for an OC. And he has the best. As he has been melted to a puddle and then was just like "I'm kay!" He was blown into tiny pieces and then was like "I'm kay!"

Bibliophilia

Charlie Hunnam reserved for Bibliophilia

Unless I missed something and he's already claimed, I think Charlie would make for an interesting take on Warren.

persephone325

Quote from: Bibliophilia on August 04, 2016, 08:12:21 PM
Charlie Hunnam reserved for Bibliophilia

Unless I missed something and he's already claimed, I think Charlie would make for an interesting take on Warren.

OK! He's reserved. As well as Angel.
I don't know.

Ambrose

Hi there guys if your still looking I am interested in partaking in this group roleplay and do our characters have to be part of the x men universe, or not?

Bibliophilia

Persephony, thanks for reserving him for me!

I was wondering if the teachers could list one of the clubs as a 'class taught'?  I thought, since Warren only teaches one class, maybe he could be the faculty advisor/coach of a couple of clubs.  Namely; fencing and archery.

persephone325

Quote from: Ambrose on August 04, 2016, 08:57:09 PM
Hi there guys if your still looking I am interested in partaking in this group roleplay and do our characters have to be part of the x men universe, or not?

Hello! We haven't started yet. ^^ X-Men characters only. Those that are classified as mutants.

Quote from: Bibliophilia on August 04, 2016, 09:03:16 PM
Persephony, thanks for reserving him for me!

I was wondering if the teachers could list one of the clubs as a 'class taught'?  I thought, since Warren only teaches one class, maybe he could be the faculty advisor/coach of a couple of clubs.  Namely; fencing and archery.

Of course! I couldn't figure out any other classes for him to teach, which is why he only has one. >.< Sorry! But yes! Teachers can totally be club advisers.
I don't know.

yugi006

Quote from: persephone325 on August 04, 2016, 06:52:27 PM
I can't give an exact date right now. I have several people who have messaged me with questions, and they're still working on their sheets. Maybe by the end of the weekend? Though don't quote me on that.

No worries. I probably won't be able to have a character by then but I'll start doing research and getting something started tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a decent amount done as I'll be busy Saturday.

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on August 04, 2016, 10:44:01 PM
No worries. I probably won't be able to have a character by then but I'll start doing research and getting something started tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a decent amount done as I'll be busy Saturday.

Sounds good! Even if you happen to not have the character done by the time we start, I don't think a few days would be detrimental. You won't miss much.
I don't know.

Amarlo

Still working on my sheet. ;D By the way, I'm playing Laura Kinney and if anyone has any interest in creation connections with her (Good or bad. ;) I love me some conflict.), don't hesitate to pm me! I am very plot friendly.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Black Howling

Quote from: persephone325 on August 04, 2016, 11:10:47 PM
Sounds good! Even if you happen to not have the character done by the time we start, I don't think a few days would be detrimental. You won't miss much.

Honestly, I never think coming in late is detrimental. Most people welcome new players.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Amarlo on August 04, 2016, 11:21:52 PM
Still working on my sheet. ;D By the way, I'm playing Laura Kinney and if anyone has any interest in creation connections with her (Good or bad. ;) I love me some conflict.), don't hesitate to pm me! I am very plot friendly.

Imma go get the Muramasa blade and create a connection with her! :D