Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Sazh was probably the strongest character narrative-wise, but eventually he just kind of got shoved into total comic relief. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oreo

I can't argue that. ; ) I just wish there had been a way to make him strong. If anyone that has played with him knows the secret, let me know.

My thanks to RPGuy for teaching me how to make Hope awesome.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Inkidu

Quote from: Oreo on March 19, 2015, 03:57:51 PM
I can't argue that. ; ) I just wish there had been a way to make him strong. If anyone that has played with him knows the secret, let me know.

My thanks to RPGuy for teaching me how to make Hope awesome.
Yeah, what was up with the Upgrade system. Upgrade a weapon 90 times, next weapon still better! WTH?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

GanonDwarf

I was making good progress if 13 before in froze mid cutscene and I lost a lot of progress. :( I did like Sazh a lot, but I also liked Vanille a lot so what do I know? XD
My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Oreo

That is why they have different kinds of characters (in all games), so there is someone that everyone can like. To this day hubby hates Hope. I haven't a clue why.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Inkidu

Quote from: Oreo on March 19, 2015, 04:36:26 PM
That is why they have different kinds of characters (in all games), so there is someone that everyone can like. To this day hubby hates Hope. I haven't a clue why.
Yeah, but I hated them all. Every single one except Sazh. :P

Though I only played 40 hours, so I didn't get past the tutorial.

GanonDwarf

I'm not huge on Hope myself. But I didn't get that far so I imagine he must have grown up somewhere through the story. Maybe after I beat Hyrule Warriors (And by beat I mean get tired of grinding) I'll give 13 another try.
My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Oreo

Quote from: dwarfvader on March 19, 2015, 04:51:32 PM
I'm not huge on Hope myself. But I didn't get that far so I imagine he must have grown up somewhere through the story. Maybe after I beat Hyrule Warriors (And by beat I mean get tired of grinding) I'll give 13 another try.

He is grown up in XIII-2, though not a playable character. I didn't care for him either until RPGuy showed me his strengths. ;D I'm currently in Chapter 7 and he is kickass.

Galick

Been playing a ton of Bravely Default lately. Anyone who hasn't played it yet deserves to give it a try! Have to highly recommend The World Ends With You as well - easily the best DS game I've -ever- played, and ranks up there as one of the best games I've played. Easily in the top ten.

Galactic Druid

One more day till payday, but as a bonus, Episode 2 of Tales from the Borderlands came out, giving me something to enjoy tonight!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Ebb

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 16, 2015, 03:41:36 PM
So I just finished "Ori and the Blind Forest". They've got a deal with Microsoft, so it's only available on PC and Xbone at the moment, unfortunately, but if you can play it, I can't recommend it enough. Great art, great music, surprisingly great challenge for a game that looks so pretty, too.

+1

I'm far from finishing it, but so far it seems to be a perfect blend of Castlevania and your favorite Miyazaki film.

SinXAzgard21

So I'm reading through some comments here and there on reviews of FFXV, and people are actually saying that they haven't experienced great moments in a FF series in a long time, until they played through the demo and summoned Ramuh.  A lot of people are seeming to see this as what a lot of FF fans have been waiting for.  I honestly don't think SE is going to fuck this up.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Revelation

They probably can't afford to fuck it up, either. FFXV has been in the pipeline for a long time. I imagine they've spend a lot of money to get it out in its current state.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 20, 2015, 01:23:32 AM
So I'm reading through some comments here and there on reviews of FFXV, and people are actually saying that they haven't experienced great moments in a FF series in a long time, until they played through the demo and summoned Ramuh.  A lot of people are seeming to see this as what a lot of FF fans have been waiting for.  I honestly don't think SE is going to fuck this up.
I could say something about not counting domestic fowl before they hatch, but honestly I want it to do well. I want it to be a return to great Final Fantasy, but I'm afraid for me it's too little too late. I just will not allow myself to get suckered in by another Final Fantasy game.

Galactic Druid

So... Turns out payday is also tax return day! Thinking of getting caught up on my backlog, but definitely giving type-0 a shot now.

Just need to decide on PS4 or Xbone version...

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on March 20, 2015, 06:08:08 AM
I could say something about not counting domestic fowl before they hatch, but honestly I want it to do well. I want it to be a return to great Final Fantasy, but I'm afraid for me it's too little too late. I just will not allow myself to get suckered in by another Final Fantasy game.

I know that feeling but after playing the demo, I have little doubt that it is going to fuck up.  Also Type-0 is pretty good, not huge open world but the game is rather focused.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 20, 2015, 12:34:46 PM
I know that feeling but after playing the demo, I have little doubt that it is going to fuck up.  Also Type-0 is pretty good, not huge open world but the game is rather focused.
I don't want to be a stickler, but you're making it sound like it is going to be a screw up.

You have little doubt, but it's indicating that XV is going to be nothing but a F-up.

Galactic Druid

Are you playing on the PS4, Six? Basically, I'm trying to find out if the game has any touchpad controls. That's the deciding factor between versions for me.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on March 20, 2015, 12:59:14 PM
I don't want to be a stickler, but you're making it sound like it is going to be a screw up.

You have little doubt, but it's indicating that XV is going to be nothing but a F-up.

Read it how you want, I'm not going to sit here and play with words.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 20, 2015, 01:44:15 PM
Are you playing on the PS4, Six? Basically, I'm trying to find out if the game has any touchpad controls. That's the deciding factor between versions for me.

You don't use the touch pad for Type-0, in fifteen you use it for one thing I can't remember off the top of my head.

Zeth

I am currently playing Watchdogs on the Xbox One. So far he story i pulling me in, but I have not finished it.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 20, 2015, 01:56:51 PM
You don't use the touch pad for Type-0, in fifteen you use it for one thing I can't remember off the top of my head.

I honestly hate that thing so much it's a deal breaker for me. Having to do swipes on it in infamous for actions that could have been a button (like opening a door) was such an annoyance. I can tolerate it for things like map or menu navigation, but that's about it.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 20, 2015, 03:56:37 PM
I honestly hate that thing so much it's a deal breaker for me. Having to do swipes on it in infamous for actions that could have been a button (like opening a door) was such an annoyance. I can tolerate it for things like map or menu navigation, but that's about it.

No, it isn't part of combat.  I think it actually brings up a menu and that is it so far. 

Eranil Morathim

So, like I said before, I started playing FFX again. Now that I can, allI've been doing is playing blitzball. I've got a pretty strong team to, except fo one defenseman. It's kind of funny, aside from that one guy my lowest level player is like 15, and Jassu is level 9 or 10.

Inkidu

I'm going to start a Sims 3 legacy game, which me luck. :3