D&D/TTRPG Exclusive Adult's Only Club- Interest Check (Closed)

Started by MasterEric6, September 16, 2021, 06:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterEric6

This is an interest check involving a unique idea that I've not seen before.

Just outside of a major urban city exists an exclusive club catering only to it's wealthy members. These members all enjoy a singular interest with that interest being table top rpg's. These games can of course be played almost anywhere including within our wealthy members own palatial homes. So what then is the allure of this exclusive club? What allows it to command the sort of price usually reserved for high end country clubs? That draws in enough interest that the club is able to pick whom they allow in. What is the secret?

Although the former warehouse the club resides within is a nice enough building from the outside, with it's neighboring buildings containing other respectable businesses, it's the interior that begins to really show where the money goes. Inside everything is high end but that is not what draws them in. No that would be the game they actually play within. Well anyone bright enough to read and comprehend a rule book well possessing the will to do so can play these sorts of games. All those other games don't compare to what the club offers.

Each member within a gaming group will expect the sort of production quality usually reserved for professional television. The environment from the room itself to it's furniture and decorations changing depending on the game being played as well as the group's choices and the unfolding of the story. Music and lighting being handled by professionals who know their craft. Custom art, maps, note's and other items being commissioned by outside artists to fit within game.

At the head of the table would sit the GM/DM who is in this case a paid professional. Paid to focus on only a few groups and nothing else. In other words this is not a hobby at this level for him/her. They would have access to all the tools and supplies any DM/GM could ever dream of possessing. From dungeon tiles to miniatures all is available in house or to purchase for them if needed. If it doesn't exist or it's hard to find then the club is willing to pay to have it custom made.

Everyone is dressed up in character for each bi-weekly session. This includes the members themselves although here they are pampered like all other areas. All the staff including those behind the scenes have to abide by this costuming requirement as they are sometimes pulled into the game as needed by the GM/DM. Fashion designers help create their costume designs which are sent out to only the best people. Here cost is no expense with each outfit unique and custom tailored.

Behind the scenes a manager oversees everything making sure everything is up to the clubs standards. Making sure everyone from the kitchen staff to the DM/GM are doing the very best work. At the prices the members are paying they have high expectations and it's the managers job to make sure those expectations are met. Those who fail to meet these high standards are fired. There are plenty of other nerdy individuals who would be willing to quit a low paying and boring job to indulge in one of their favorite hobbies for a living.

All of this paints a nice picture but it's only part of the success of this club and that is...

...Sex sells. It's always been true and never truer then behind closed doors. The often overworked and nerdy members of this club mostly didn't enjoy a great sex life before they gained their wealth. For the members it's the sexual aspect's of the club that really hook them.

First among these is the servers that bring out the drinks during the game and meals before and/or after. All of them are chosen for their attractiveness and are like everyone else in costume. The servers though are not just there to be eye candy while caring trays of food or drink. No they are there to join in when needed by the GM/DM. They are already in costume after all and expected to make the role-play all the more realistic. If that means sitting on a lap as a flirty barmaid then that's what happens. If a half-orc needs to be tied up and whipped for information then that is their job. Dancer, prostitute, slave or defeated opponent. They are there to do whatever is needed using much more then their words. On the other hand perhaps it's our player who is captured or perhaps seduced they are there for that as well.

Not all the touching, groping, spanking or outright sex need happen at the game table for our players either, although it often does. Breaks are often taken as members use private rooms. Nor does the sex have to stop at the available and willing help. If players show an interest in each other then it's acceptable, even encouraged for them to explore that interest.

So well I've seen lot's of TTRPG based games I've seen none that focus on the group playing those games. Well the TTRPG would be played out within this potential RP the real focus would be on the players around the table.

This RP would need several players, a GM/DM to run the table top RP, several staff members and a manager to run the club.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Armphid

This is an interesting idea!  I would like to see where it goes.
[tr][td]
My ONs/OFFs and Other Info

One-on-One Ideas/Interests

Group Ideas/Interests[/td][td]     [/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Thufir Hawat

Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Muse

I'm kind of playing with this idea and wanted to share some thoughts.  (not pushing for any of this stuff.)   

I hope I'm not offending anyone by saying it would be fun if RL genders and character genders matched up for a change.   (now I'm thinking about deleting that sentence for fear that someone will take it seriously...) 

Anyways, there's gamer archetypes in IRL and on this sight and it might be fun if we matched them.  (Again, please don't think I'm pushing for this.  Just speculating.  *Blushes*)

I could imagine if some of Elliquiy's awesome freeform gamers played the staff, and if system gamers played the players.  We could express some RL interactions in play. 

Alternatively a full 180.  Freeform gamers play the players and system gamers play the staff.  (I might feel a bit awkward that way, though.  I can poke fun at myself in my RP.  if I were poking fun at a freeform gamer by playing one I'd worry about giving offense.)

I was imagining what roll I would take in a game like this.  *points to where the DM is sitting.*  Normally that's my seat at the table.  Normally, though, the DM is a player in the game.  A paid DM is here to work.  If they tried to join in having fun with the staff, they wouldn't be doing what they were getting paid for. 

I also thought about how there's usually more guys than gals in a system game.  (That's changing over the years, of course, which I quite appreciate.  Last tabletop I ran was at a gal friend's apartment and her best friend was  player too.)  Fun archetype to run with, though.  I mean, a gal at this gaming table is simultaneously playing D&D with the boys and going to the burlesque with the boys.  Not every gal is comfortable with that. 

A gal who would take that roll and run with it would be so awesome.  Bisexual gal, sassy with her friends around the table, playing with the staff just like they did. 

And then I thought.  "What if this girl takes a shine to the DM?"  What if, one day, she has the DM play an NPC who has sex with the staff, because she thought he should have some fun, and then after the game she gave him her number.  :)

Maybe other people have some fun thoughts to share? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

MasterEric6

Quote from: Muse on September 17, 2021, 04:45:36 PM
I'm kind of playing with this idea and wanted to share some thoughts.  (not pushing for any of this stuff.)   

I hope I'm not offending anyone by saying it would be fun if RL genders and character genders matched up for a change.   (now I'm thinking about deleting that sentence for fear that someone will take it seriously...) 

Anyways, there's gamer archetypes in IRL and on this sight and it might be fun if we matched them.  (Again, please don't think I'm pushing for this.  Just speculating.  *Blushes*)

I could imagine if some of Elliquiy's awesome freeform gamers played the staff, and if system gamers played the players.  We could express some RL interactions in play. 

Alternatively a full 180.  Freeform gamers play the players and system gamers play the staff.  (I might feel a bit awkward that way, though.  I can poke fun at myself in my RP.  if I were poking fun at a freeform gamer by playing one I'd worry about giving offense.)

I was imagining what roll I would take in a game like this.  *points to where the DM is sitting.*  Normally that's my seat at the table.  Normally, though, the DM is a player in the game.  A paid DM is here to work.  If they tried to join in having fun with the staff, they wouldn't be doing what they were getting paid for. 

I also thought about how there's usually more guys than gals in a system game.  (That's changing over the years, of course, which I quite appreciate.  Last tabletop I ran was at a gal friend's apartment and her best friend was  player too.)  Fun archetype to run with, though.  I mean, a gal at this gaming table is simultaneously playing D&D with the boys and going to the burlesque with the boys.  Not every gal is comfortable with that. 

A gal who would take that roll and run with it would be so awesome.  Bisexual gal, sassy with her friends around the table, playing with the staff just like they did. 

And then I thought.  "What if this girl takes a shine to the DM?"  What if, one day, she has the DM play an NPC who has sex with the staff, because she thought he should have some fun, and then after the game she gave him her number.  :)

Maybe other people have some fun thoughts to share?

I agree in so far as that it would be more realistic for there to be more male members around the table then females. That being said it's not something I would push for. People can do what that want to do here.

That being said of those few interested any roles tickle your fancy here? If you want to state other details like gender all the better. Playing muliti roles is okay as well if you enjoy such things.

crabmouse

MasterEric6

Quote from: crabmouse on September 18, 2021, 06:11:11 PM
We would be role playing as people role playing?

That is correct unless you where one of the staff. That being said there is a ttrpg game going on it's just not the focus.

Darkleather

I think this has got a lot of potential.  Definitely interested

Chloe Milev

Seconded; interested in a male player with a female/transfemale character.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Isengrad

Interest planted for player. Maybe doubling up as some male staff if needed. This seems like a multithread idea as you would be mixing freeform with system play at times. And those that come on for freeform roleplay would be idle during the swaths of system banter. Though having them npcs at times could be a good way of involving them.

It would be a good idea to include two references, or more if you bring in other ttrpgs. I know the main in D&D or pathfinder, but it can run well as episodic with a rotating castas well

original artwork by karabiner

MasterEric6

Quote from: Isengrad on September 20, 2021, 05:59:32 AM
Interest planted for player. Maybe doubling up as some male staff if needed. This seems like a multithread idea as you would be mixing freeform with system play at times. And those that come on for freeform roleplay would be idle during the swaths of system banter. Though having them npcs at times could be a good way of involving them.

It would be a good idea to include two references, or more if you bring in other ttrpgs. I know the main in D&D or pathfinder, but it can run well as episodic with a rotating castas well

I think at minimum it will need a at the table thread and a behind the scenes thread. If more is needed will depend on the size of the group and how many staff rolls get filled.

So far it's looking like there is interest in players/club members. Is anyone else interested in the staff roles? In particular we would need those sexy servers. I'm most interested in helming the manager role. We would also need someone to take the DM/GM role.

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: MasterEric6 on September 20, 2021, 07:50:43 AM
We would also need someone to take the DM/GM role.
...and run a pre-written adventure, for the authentic experience ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

MasterEric6

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on September 20, 2021, 09:31:21 AM
...and run a pre-written adventure, for the authentic experience ;D!

So I've been away from ttrpg's for almost two decades and only recently returned so forgive my ignorance here. Are pre-written adventures the campaign books you buy from the company?

Darkleather

So far it's looking like there is interest in players/club members. Is anyone else interested in the staff roles? In particular we would need those sexy servers. I'm most interested in helming the manager role. We would also need someone to take the DM/GM role.

I was thinking of playing a staff member

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: MasterEric6 on September 20, 2021, 09:37:54 AM
So I've been away from ttrpg's for almost two decades and only recently returned so forgive my ignorance here. Are pre-written adventures the campaign books you buy from the company?
Yes, that's what I meant...if you're using "campaign book" to mean "a book listing the events to unfold in a potential campaing, including maps, NPC stats and other aids, so the GM could run it more easily".

The way I use it - there isn't a single way to use RPG terms, since some terms actually mean different things in different systems - modules, pre-written (or "canned" :P) adventures and so on are basically a shorter version of pre-written campaigns/adventure paths, which would include several (more or less separate adventures).
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Chloe Milev

Yeah, there are whole campaigns spread across six books that take characters from level 1 to 17, for example.  Or there are standalone adventures/encounters that could last just one play session, either to insert into an ongoing campaign, or as a freestanding episode, like a television show.

That is one option to consider: if most players are participating in an ongoing campaign arc, or if each session is a freestanding episode so anyone can drop in or out without background.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

MasterEric6

Quote from: Chloe Milev on September 20, 2021, 01:45:31 PM
Yeah, there are whole campaigns spread across six books that take characters from level 1 to 17, for example.  Or there are standalone adventures/encounters that could last just one play session, either to insert into an ongoing campaign, or as a freestanding episode, like a television show.

That is one option to consider: if most players are participating in an ongoing campaign arc, or if each session is a freestanding episode so anyone can drop in or out without background.

I knew they where a thing I just didn't know what they where called. I've almost no experience with them myself. When I used to play, when I was young, I couldn't have afforded them. That being said if whomever takes the DM/GM role wants to use them it's fine with me. Just under the "Story" the DM/GM should be weaving their own tale. Anything less wouldn't be up to the clubs standards.

Muse

I think at minimum it will need a at the table thread and a behind the scenes thread. If more is needed will depend on the size of the group and how many staff rolls get filled.

Do you want the game within the game to be actually played?  :)  That would be a whole lot to juggle but it would be really epic if we could pull it off.  Think about it, our "Players" gathered around the table, rolling the dice we actually roll to subdue the amazon princess.  Then one of the really fit waitresses is called up to play the princess.  The DM takes her aside and gives her some information that will move the plot with instructions to only give it to the players (and their characters) if they make her orgasm.   :) 

Isengrad

Alot to juggle, but can be relatively seamless. Strangely enough it would make it easier to ask dm questions because you can (in game) drop out of one character and ask the dm a question.

original artwork by karabiner

MasterEric6

Quote from: Muse on September 21, 2021, 02:08:16 AM
Do you want the game within the game to be actually played?  :)  That would be a whole lot to juggle but it would be really epic if we could pull it off.  Think about it, our "Players" gathered around the table, rolling the dice we actually roll to subdue the amazon princess.  Then one of the really fit waitresses is called up to play the princess.  The DM takes her aside and gives her some information that will move the plot with instructions to only give it to the players (and their characters) if they make her orgasm.   :)

You've got exactly the right idea of it.

Chloe Milev

I roll for Sleight of Hand to see if my player can cheat on their attack roll.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

MasterEric6

Quote from: Chloe Milev on September 21, 2021, 08:24:09 AM
I roll for Sleight of Hand to see if my player can cheat on their attack roll.

Funny but it does bring up a good point about player drama. Obviously if the player got caught cheating the club would have to do something about it. But what?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: MasterEric6 on September 21, 2021, 08:44:37 AM
Funny but it does bring up a good point about player drama. Obviously if the player got caught cheating the club would have to do something about it. But what?

A punishment game for the cheater? Like bound into a torture rack and spanked by female staff members while the person bound must be able to concentrate and read a script without breaking the sentences/moan in pain. Or tamer like put a hairy man into wax-based hair removal. Or that for the duration of one combat they receive a mild but painful electric shock whenever they take dmg.