The Town of Elliquiy <Interest Check>

Started by NaughtyKitty, December 12, 2010, 08:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaughtyKitty

The Town of Elliquiy is a medium sized down on the coast of Oregon.  It isn't terribly far away from Portland (which is to the south)...giving the residents access to the facilities there.  Being where it is, there is plenty of rain in the summer with warm temperatures.....snow in the winter.  Life for the residents is mostly what you would expect.

Obviously there is more to the town that meets the eyes of an outside....and I'm curious if anyone would like to become a resident of our fair town. The plan is for this to be something of a free-form game....as real life would be.  Each player is responsible for their own story and how it mixes and mingles with the stories of the other residents.  Of course, there will be some ground rules in place as to the town itself and the sorts of people that live in it (normal laws still apply....we'll not have an axe murderer running around offing people).

People will have the ability to create their characters, pick a career, and pick a place to live.  They can be married or single....Heterosexual, Homosexual, Bisexual, Transexual....or any number of other things.  However, they must all be human.  No shapeshifters or aliens.  It's present day, America. 

There will be maps and listings of business....and some NPCs.  This will all be developed if and when we have a basis going for the town.

So is anyone interested in playing with me?

Edit:

The town OOC thread can be found here:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=92199.0

lorcan

NaughtyKitty

Glad to hear someone's interested!  Now we just need some more people and we can have a game!

Lisabeth

"Searchers of Horror haunt strange, far places..."
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

Saerrael

Quote from: NaughtyKitty on December 12, 2010, 08:14:06 PM
However, they must all be human.  No shapeshifters or aliens.  It's present day, America. 

Too bad that is included.. A lot of the E-personas are not human.
Interesting idea, though.

Josietta

I'd love to play something like this.

Question: Is this going to be a full on RP or a drop in play by post?

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

SinXAzgard21

This idea has been talked about but never posted, I'd be happy to give it a shot.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Haibane

I'm interested. I also get the impression from NaughtyKitty that the town of Elliquiy is not a place where players E-Personas will be written. It strikes me as a slice of life RP, when the player will create an RP character just like they would in any other group game on E and the town name is in fact not relevant. Is that right NK?

The game sounds nice and relaxing and easy-paced, something I need at the moment. I remember Caity ran a great game a long time ago called 'Naughty Neighbourhood' which was a similar premise I think. Average people in an average setting doing average things... only with a sexy twist.

So, yup, please count me in.

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: Haibane on December 13, 2010, 06:31:38 AM
I'm interested. I also get the impression from NaughtyKitty that the town of Elliquiy is not a place where players E-Personas will be written. It strikes me as a slice of life RP, when the player will create an RP character just like they would in any other group game on E and the town name is in fact not relevant. Is that right NK?

The game sounds nice and relaxing and easy-paced, something I need at the moment. I remember Caity ran a great game a long time ago called 'Naughty Neighbourhood' which was a similar premise I think. Average people in an average setting doing average things... only with a sexy twist.

So, yup, please count me in.

You have it, exactly.  This is not about our E-Personas.....but rather, we all create characters to play whom are residents of this town. Average people with average lives......with above average sex lives. :)

I'm really glad so many people are interested!

I guess this would be whatever the players want it to be.  As I said, it's up to the individual players to figure out their own storylines....much like real life.  :)

I figure that we can put up a thread in the group section and all post a character bio there.  Then from there we all can write threads together using a tag on the title....something like [ToE] or something similar.  I'm not really looking to a GM here...so please, let's all discuss how we want this to work.

Amelita

Sounds like fun :) If slow posting is not an issue, count me in!

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Cal1496

It's like Sims except with more sex!

So totally in...

Amelita

Quote from: Cal1496 on December 13, 2010, 07:32:23 PM
It's like Sims except with more sex!

So totally in...

haha that was so my first thought ^^

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

NaughtyKitty

So.....what category shall we play in, people?  Do we need to go all the way to Extreme?  Will our citizenry be quite that naughty?

Cal1496

If it goes to a vote, I say NC lol

And I know the thing isn't even started, but anybody willing to build up a between characters let me.  Can be something as simple as our characters knew each other in high school, or even could be they are married.  Just looking to start off somewhere rather than just have a guy of mine wonder around looking for a story.

NaughtyKitty

Oh....something else that I just thought of. 

When we've got this up and running and you need a bit of weather.....just go to www.weather.com and check the weather report for Portland for that day. 

So Cal.....why NC?

Cal1496

Because while I don't know if there will be any full non-con, I'm guessing there will certainly be situations of adultery and looked down upon age relationships (40 year old man, 18 year old girl).  That and the NC section of the site is a place where you can push almost any limits without worry of suddenly getting into something totally...Well extreme.

I personally am fine with Light and interested no matter what thread it goes, it's just NC is a safe place to hedge nearly all bets.

lorcan

Hmm NC might sound like the safe bet honestly.

Lisabeth

..... H.P. Lovecraft

Love And Submission

Is there any sort of police force in Elliquiy? Because those people....they have a rather intresting job...must walk in on some really strange things.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

NaughtyKitty

Yes....there would be a Town Sheriff....along with some Deputies. 

Someone can even be the Mayor if they want.  Town Doctor....Town Barber (Floyd?)/Salon......Pub Owner.....all sorts of things.....

Lisabeth

id love to play the bartender at one of the bars or clubs our characters might converge at. That could be fun.
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

Cal1496

I know I might be grasping at straws since Lisabeth said bartender, but Pub Owner is something I'd be interested in.  Could be different pub, or her character works at pub rather than owning...At the same time though Lisabeth if you want that go ahead and take it.  Your hat was in first.

Lisabeth

Quote from: Cal1496 on December 13, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I know I might be grasping at straws since Lisabeth said bartender, but Pub Owner is something I'd be interested in.  Could be different pub, or her character works at pub rather than owning...At the same time though Lisabeth if you want that go ahead and take it.  Your hat was in first.

No big deal to me. I can have my character working for yours. And hey we'd already be set up for conversation.
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

ivygrowth

I'd be interested, though don't know what sort of person I'd want to play, hmmm.  Maybe a bored housewife or a convenience store employee. 

GaGa88

I'd be interested in this, it looks fun. Just not sure what type of person I'd want to play, probably something like the proposed Sheriff's daughter though.
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.