New Republic City || Unity & Prosperty - Korra/Avatar Inspired - Recruiting!

Started by la dame en noir, May 26, 2016, 09:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Hi Karma! I'll be joining with good ol' Harold, slightly tweaked though! He'll still be the hard smoking, hard drinking, two fisted fighter he was in your game though!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Angie

I spent half an hour searching, just trying to make sure Republic City had a part of the police force that was NOT the metalbenders. You would not believe how goddamn buried that tidbit is (and the answer is yes, the metalbenders are Republic City's SWAT and they do have other guys). It took me three hours-THREE HOURS!-just to do it right, because damnit, I have a reputation to uphold as an awesome character crafter. *grumble grumble*

Vergil1989

Sheesh, and I thought I got devoted to a role and the research required for it lol.  It's still nice to see you Anjie, I'm eager to see what you got.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

arthenwel

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 15, 2016, 11:02:43 PM
I spent half an hour searching, just trying to make sure Republic City had a part of the police force that was NOT the metalbenders. You would not believe how goddamn buried that tidbit is (and the answer is yes, the metalbenders are Republic City's SWAT and they do have other guys). It took me three hours-THREE HOURS!-just to do it right, because damnit, I have a reputation to uphold as an awesome character crafter. *grumble grumble*
But Mako was part of the police force right? He's a firebender. So it would make sense that you make a policeman that wasn't a bender right?
Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

On's/Off's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185686.0
A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

Angie

I still wanted to find confirmation, just something saying "Yeah go ahead". The Task Force tends to get a lot of the focus because, well, they are the 'Not Fucking Around' crew.

arthenwel

Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Wispyr

Are you still looking for Air Benders & Non-Benders specifically?

la dame en noir

Quote from: Wispyr on July 02, 2016, 03:36:53 AM
Are you still looking for Air Benders & Non-Benders specifically?
Yes! Though, if you have another idea, I'm all for it! :3
A&A | FxF |

Wispyr

Hrmmmm... I'll ponder some things. See what I can come up with. I've been watching this for awhile, may as well let the muse run with it and see where it takes me.

la dame en noir

Quote from: Wispyr on July 02, 2016, 06:01:10 PM
Hrmmmm... I'll ponder some things. See what I can come up with. I've been watching this for awhile, may as well let the muse run with it and see where it takes me.
Yes! take your time. Its a slow paced game, so no rush! :3
A&A | FxF |

akirakaneda

Quote from: la dame en noir on July 01, 2016, 06:25:26 PM
Still looking for new players! :3

Uhmm ... I'm lucky then, a fire/lightning bender may have a chance to be accepted?

arthenwel

Player: arthenwel
Name: Ashkhan Aerie
Sexuality: Straight

Bender: Yes
Power: Awakened Airbender

Connections: Connection through the underground informants,  customers(information)
Skills: Acupuncture, chi-blocking, Dian Xue
Personality: He is a very cheerful person and loves to listen and chat with anyone around. He is engaging and tends to run along tangents as he speaks and winds up having to catch himself. That or the people say they have to leave. At work, he is extremely attentive to his customers lest he make a mistake. He came across his skills in acupuncture at a young age and has diligently practiced in order to help others. However, despite coming off as a savior, he won't help people unless there is some gain. His talks give him knowledge and information. Information that he can sell or even trade. His customers bring him gold that he can put in his pocket. If it doesn't help him, he won't do it. His mentality is, 'I made it the hard way and no one gave me a hand out. You can help yourself too.' Some may call him harsh for it, but that's life and their either one of those too weak to achieve or one of those that have the luxury to judge him. Either way, he wouldn't care. He would rather think of himself as practical. When it comes to the underground fights, he is constantly sizing everyone else and judging the location of meridian points in people's bodies. He is always in fight mode and assessing everyone.

Background: Ashkhan was born in the slums. His parents weren't benders. So, there were alot of jobs that were unavailable to them because of that.  More jobs were given to the benders, because it was more practical to have benders, rather than non-benders. They always worked menial jobs until they were fired or replaced. They lived in a makeshift shack that was in an alley. Even from a young age, he recognized the looks of disgust that came from those that lived a better life than them. Yet, his father never let it get to him. When Ashkhan was 6, he asked his father how he could put up with the unfairness of it and his father's words remained with him. "Unfairness is the way of life. There are those born with money and those born without. Each person decides what they do with the life their given. I could give up and just wait to die, but then my fate would be my fault. I could give up, but that would be my fault. Yet, I could keep trying until I make a better life. I could keep going even through the pain and can you guess who's responsible for that fate? Me, son. I am the only one that determines my fate. No one else. They look down on me because they don't see what they were raised with. They judge me based on what they've lived with. They don't understand my struggle. That means that they are stupid." The last was most likely meant to be amusing, but Ashkhan took every word at face value.

When Ashkhan was 9, his father was working on a construction job, after finally proving his worth. He was hauling materials around when a freak accident happened. The details were never fully discovered, but somehow, the frame of the building collapsed and fell, some of it fell on top of the boy's father, dislocating his shoulder and breaking his leg. Thanks to the company's policy, they received a visit from the local doctor. The doctor was a bit unusual, in that he used needles to poke the man's skin. Ashkhan watched the man work wide-eyed as he watched a wonder unfold. He watched his father's body relax and then watched as the pain disappeared from his face. The doctor also gave him some medicine and reset his shoulder and bone. About a month after, his father was healed and working in about a month. That was when Ashkhan desired to learn acupuncture. It was something even a non-bender could do.

When Ashkhan was 14, he found the doctor who had healed his dad and apprenticed under him. The next few years were spent learning about medicine, meridian points, energy channels, what each one did and how it would affect the body. His world revolved completely around medicine and the art of healing. While he studied, he lived with his father and practiced all he knew on him, in order to keep him healthy for work. He never tried anything unless he was sure that it would help. Not that there weren't a few mishaps, but nothing major. By the time he was 19 he was helping the doctor work on patients, which put some money in his pocket. However, not long after, his father died, leaving him to take care of his mother and find a way to make enough money to support them. Her job as a maid, just wasn't cutting it and the money he made assisting the doctor wasn't enough to cover the hole that losing his father had caused. He had no experience in any other field and no one would pay him as well as the doctor to be their assistants. Not to mention it would take several months minimum for enough patients to come in to sustain them. There was only one sure-fire way to earn enough money quick enough to sustain them. Underground fighting. Even losers were compensated. It wouldn't be much, but if he fought enough, it would be enough to feed them. Not to mention, he could always sell what little information that he had or even work as a healer. Thus began his foray into the underground world. When he began, his fighting was similar to that of a schoolkid. As time progressed he found he could use his fingers and knuckles to hit the meridian points and stop his opponent. This worked well in theory, but practice proved difficult as he didn't know how to defend or attack to hit the points in the first place.

After he turned 20, he found a teacher that would teach him an art called Dian Xue, which was an art designed to both heal or destroy a person using the meridian points and energy channels. His teacher had apparently learned from someone called Tai Li. Not that he really cared. If it helped him win fights, he would gladly learn. Over the next few years, he learned the martial art. During that time, his mother's health declined, despite all he did to help her and she finally fell asleep never to wake again. For weeks he pushed all emotions aside and focused on learning as a way to cope with the loss before it caught up to him and showed itself in his fights. He was extremely aggressive. Taking his anger and sorrow out on his opponent, usually leaving them on Death's doors. Although, he also left the arena bloody and beaten himself. By the time he was 23 he calmed down and took a more rational approach to his fights, no longer having any anger to make him aggressive. He lost alot of the support he had gotten, because his fights weren't as 'entertaining' anymore. Yet, that didn't mean he wasn't making money. In fact, he had made enough to start his own acupuncture clinic and no longer had to fight to survive, but he continued to do it on the side for extra money and to keep his feet in the underground network for any information that might prove useful. It was sometime after he opened his clinic that his air-bending awoke. Just like everything else, he practiced this until he had at least a modest amount of control while he tried to figure out what to do with it. He was by no means going to join the airbending colony, or whatever they called themselves. To do so would mean giving up everything he had gained. No thank you. He just had to find some way to make it useful.

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Thin, but toned. His hands are long and delicate looking, but strong. His brown hair was nearly always pulled back into a ponytail and hung to the middle of his back. He has a few scars from mishaps in fights. One was across his right shoulder, going from an inch over the back of his shoulder to two inches down the front. Another scar was just a few inches from his chin along the left side of his jaw and was only an inch long. The last was across his left elbow that was going down diagonally towards the inside of his arm and was two inches long.

Pets: None at present
Hobbies: Doesn't believe he has time for any hobbies

O/O's: Same as player
Theme Song: Not really my kind of thing, but it was the closest I could get.