Elliquiy Security, part I, possibly...

Started by Vekseid, December 01, 2008, 04:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

I have made a rather extensive blog post about security. It only touches upon Elliquiy proper, but I want to know if anyone finds it interesting, and if so, if it is worth continuing the discussion as a series.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. Thank you : )

Vekseid

...and no, for those worried, Elliquiy's security has not been breached, nor has anyone made a serious attempt to in our time on-line. We get the usual botnet hammering that every server receives, and the occasional curious George who tests a few links in the fence so to speak - mostly people poking around for pages that don't exist - but nothing major.

Paradox

I'm still working through the blog; however, from the amount of time and effort and technical gobbeldy-gook you put into that blog alone, I'm sure you're on top of things in terms of Elliquian security.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

KG

It's an interesting read - and as a computer science major, I have to say worth knowing more about.  I won't pretend to be an expert on network security, although I know a little, but I enjoyed reading about the perils of server abuse, and I even learned a thing or two.
I for one would read another of these blog posts, Vek.  And I thank you for your openness concerning Elliquiy's security.  A far cry from the paranoia I've seen in some places.

Atlus

Quote from: KG on December 01, 2008, 08:40:09 PM
It's an interesting read - and as a computer science major, I have to say worth knowing more about.  I won't pretend to be an expert on network security, although I know a little, but I enjoyed reading about the perils of server abuse, and I even learned a thing or two.
Ditto. Very informative. It's nice to know that that much thought has been put into the security of E and I'd love to see more articles in the future.
How profound such profanity can be.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

adventurer

Vekseid,

thank you very much for these security considerations. though I am no IT expert I know that proactive and complex resilience is a very important topic.

Its even beyond technological technical and juridical dimensions.

Its about clarity of purpose, intention about mission, vision and values of the community.

I learn lots from you about network security. Thank you for creating this feedback forum!
"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21715.0

Odos

Interesting to see how things have moved on. Many years ago when I was still in IT, one of my jobs was to try and break security on educational systems. Thing was back then most of the hackers I was working against were not interested in stealing data, just in making the system crash and burn. Tell me have things moved over to mainly data theft now or do you still get attacks who's sole purpose is to bring the system down ?

Oh and to reply to your question, Yes I find it interesting and think you should continue the discussion as a series.
"I am sorry I have no vices for you to exploit"

OnO's Plus Old Mans Ramblings