News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

If someone can answer this, I'll give them a cookie.

Started by Psycho Serenity, May 28, 2012, 02:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycho Serenity

If Pinocchio said that at this very moment his nose would grow, would it?
Life won't ever be perfect, there will always be hurt...

So stand up and make a difference, provide light in a dark life.

You never know just how far the rays will reach.

Oniya

Actually, his nose would splinter into a million pieces from the effort of trying to grow and not grow at the exact same time.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Psycho Serenity

Quote from: Oniya on May 28, 2012, 03:04:15 PM
Actually, his nose would splinter into a million pieces from the effort of trying to grow and not grow at the exact same time.

Sounds good to me. A friend of mine suggested it would grow, but grow back inside of his head. XD
Life won't ever be perfect, there will always be hurt...

So stand up and make a difference, provide light in a dark life.

You never know just how far the rays will reach.

Inkidu

The cricket would probably bitch slap him for tempting fate. >,>
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

dutchprof

Of course it would.

There is no rule that the nose can only grow upon lying.

If the nose would not grow, P would be lying, and therefore the rule implies that the nose grows; contradiction.
But in actuality, the nose grows and P speaks the truth. I see no contradiction here.

It is logic that must punish P for saying such a foolish, reckless thing.

AllieCat

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

jake one

MasterMischief

Wouldn't it depend on wether or not Pinocchio knows it will or not?  I guess I always assumed that it only grew when Pinocchio knew he was lying.  The magic was punishment for doing something bad.  Could he have been used to discover things impossible to know?

Irolon

Is there an interval between uttering the lie and the lie taking effect, as it were? If there is, then the nose would grow, because he stated it would grow 'right now'.

Remiel

Quote from: MasterMischief on June 10, 2012, 08:24:55 PM
Wouldn't it depend on wether or not Pinocchio knows it will or not?  I guess I always assumed that it only grew when Pinocchio knew he was lying.  The magic was punishment for doing something bad.  Could he have been used to discover things impossible to know?

That could lead to interesting scientific discoveries.  For example, scientists could instruct Pinocchio to say: "Time travel is, and always will be, impossible."  And then record the results.

MasterMischief

Quote from: Remiel on June 11, 2012, 08:15:24 PM
That could lead to interesting scientific discoveries.  For example, scientists could instruct Pinocchio to say: "Time travel is, and always will be, impossible."  And then record the results.

Not to mention legal proceedings.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Psycho Serenity on May 28, 2012, 02:44:31 PM
If Pinocchio said that at this very moment his nose would grow, would it?

It would not.  The reason behind this is to completely make him look like an ass for trying to show off.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Aidonsious

Coooookie!!!!!!!!!!

And I believe the answer is no...because by him informing us of a action of how his nose will grow when he tells a lie would be telling the truth about the fact so would create it into a factual truth over a fictitious lie...

COOOOKIE!!!!

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17