Warhammer 40k (Small Group 4-5 Players - Interest Check)

Started by Spero, July 20, 2017, 11:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spero

Evening! I'm looking for 3 or 4 to join me for a small group roleplay either over discord, google docs, or site PMs. I am looking for detailed and literate roleplayers that enjoy a bit of fluff in their post. I can normally post between 2-5 paragraphs so people that can match me would be great!

While Smut is possible (maybe the space marines in this AU are not gelded), but it will not be the focus of the stories. I would like to capture the grim dark feeling of the world with fear and intense roleplay with a plot that all the players can enjoy.

I was thinking the plot could focus around my Inquisitor and her Death Watch Kill team. I would also be open for the idea of another Inquisitor. For people that want to play female characters that would like to join, maybe a Sister of Battle or a  Sanctioned  Psyker though these spots will be limited. Like I said I would like to only have 3 or 4 (max 5) people for a small group RP.

There will be a plot, as for what the plot may be I would like to find players and have us talk about it as a group so everyone has input.

Group Type: Slow Post (Maybe Post Order)
RP Type: Long Post/Detailed
--Plot/Mission Based
Story/Smut:  70:30
GM: Possible
Rolls: No (Free form RP)
Spots Available: 4-5 (More might open up as the RP grows)

Spots

Inquisitor One: Eri'Oni
Inquisitor Two: Solistair

Space Marine One: ThatFantasticBard
Space Marine Two: Tremerette
Space Marine Three:

Sister of Battle or  Sanctioned  Psyker: zedarkpenguin
RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful
CRAVING!: Dark Fantasy & Warhammer 40k Roleplay! Please PM if you want to RP~

ThatFantasticBard

This sounds like it could be really fun! I'm admittedly not super familiar with the Warhammer 40k universe, but I've been wanting to get in to it for a while. I'd be interested in playing a Space Marine, if that's alright with you.

Spero

Quote from: ThatFantasticBard on July 21, 2017, 01:16:05 AM
This sounds like it could be really fun! I'm admittedly not super familiar with the Warhammer 40k universe, but I've been wanting to get into it for a while. I'd be interested in playing a Space Marine, if that's alright with you.

Sounds good, feel free to post an idea of the character you would want to play!
RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful

Solistair

Hey, definitely interested as I am big WH40K fan. Like to play a fellow male Inquisitor, will get character draft proposal up soon.

Solistair

Inquisitor Malek Alturius

Allegiance: Ordo Xenos of the Imperium
Appearance:

Standing 6 foot tall this Inquisitor has been built to his peak physical abilities by the Progenium, with a scarred body that speaks of his tenure serving in the Inquisition. He dons
customised battlearmour
from the famed forges of Mars itself.

Personality:

Notable for being a fanatically devoted Inquisitor in his duty of cleansing the stars Malek can narrow sighted when it comes to devising ways to achieving mission goals. Despite that Malek is a man respected for being a realist. Grim and calculating he is valued for his dedication and his skill in rooting xeno threats both subtle and direct. His experience lends to his attitude towards things, often being conservative in approach and strategy.

History:

Raised within the cold confines of the renowned Scholar Progenium the first lesson the Drill Abbots taught Malek was that his sole purpose in life was to fight in the name of the Emperor across the cosmos of the dark age of the 41st Millenium.

Honing his physical, mental and spiritual self for over a decade as a Progena Malek was groomed to become the ideal servant of the Imperium. When coming of age he was chosen by the Inquisition and soon transported through the galaxy to the holy world of Terra, the birthplace of Mankind. Here he underwent further training, more rigorous and specialized than what he endured in the Porgenium, for the purpose of preparing him for his mentor.

After entering service as an Acolyte, Malek found himself encountering one of the most dangerous threats to the Imperium; the Xenos.  Operating at the very frontier of Imperium space Malek fought the threat of xeno encroachment, combating the subtle yet nefarious influence of xenos upon human governments and society. Yet as the darkness of war crept closer to home Malek fought alongside regiments of the Imperial Guard and even the demigod warriors that were the Space Marines, specifically engaging the growing power that was the Tau Empire and their evil, misguided concept of the Greater Good.

Eventually earning the position of a fullfledged Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos Malek vowed with strong conviction to the Emperor that he would purge the stars of the xeno scum in his name. Known for diving into the frontlines to directly engage xenos Inquisitor Malek has developed an arsenal of deadly, strictly human-only weaponry that he utilises without hesitation and has assembled a company of Tempestus Scions, Throne Agents and Acolytes that accompanies him on his never ending crusade of righteous wrath and violence.

Inquisitor Malek Alturius's agenda is simple. Fear The Alien. Hate The Alien. Kill The Alien.

Jason Hunter

Hey Eri Oni.

I know you have an idea for the direction you want to take this game. I was wondering if you would be interested in a a tau player? Possibly an Ethereal looking to form an alliance over the rising Tyranid hoard that had moved into a sector of space which they both have planets in?

Just trying to get your thoughts before putting in my interest :)

Spero

Quote from: Jason Hunter on July 21, 2017, 04:45:01 AM
Hey Eri Oni.

I know you have an idea for the direction you want to take this game. I was wondering if you would be interested in a a tau player? Possibly an Ethereal looking to form an alliance over the rising Tyranid hoard that had moved into a sector of space which they both have planets in?

Just trying to get your thoughts before putting in my interest :)

I don't think it would fit in this game saddly. Maybe later on we could work something out though!

Spero

Quote from: Solistair on July 21, 2017, 03:17:51 AM
Inquisitor Malek Alturius

Allegiance: Ordo Xenos of the Imperium
Appearance:

Standing 6 foot tall this Inquisitor has been built to his peak physical abilities by the Progenium, with a scarred body that speaks of his tenure serving in the Inquisition. He dons
customised battlearmour
from the famed forges of Mars itself.

Personality:

Notable for being a fanatically devoted Inquisitor in his duty of cleansing the stars Malek can narrow sighted when it comes to devising ways to achieving mission goals. Despite that Malek is a man respected for being a realist. Grim and calculating he is valued for his dedication and his skill in rooting xeno threats both subtle and direct. His experience lends to his attitude towards things, often being conservative in approach and strategy.

History:

Raised within the cold confines of the renowned Scholar Progenium the first lesson the Drill Abbots taught Malek was that his sole purpose in life was to fight in the name of the Emperor across the cosmos of the dark age of the 41st Millenium.

Honing his physical, mental and spiritual self for over a decade as a Progena Malek was groomed to become the ideal servant of the Imperium. When coming of age he was chosen by the Inquisition and soon transported through the galaxy to the holy world of Terra, the birthplace of Mankind. Here he underwent further training, more rigorous and specialized than what he endured in the Porgenium, for the purpose of preparing him for his mentor.

After entering service as an Acolyte, Malek found himself encountering one of the most dangerous threats to the Imperium; the Xenos.  Operating at the very frontier of Imperium space Malek fought the threat of xeno encroachment, combating the subtle yet nefarious influence of xenos upon human governments and society. Yet as the darkness of war crept closer to home Malek fought alongside regiments of the Imperial Guard and even the demigod warriors that were the Space Marines, specifically engaging the growing power that was the Tau Empire and their evil, misguided concept of the Greater Good.

Eventually earning the position of a fullfledged Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos Malek vowed with strong conviction to the Emperor that he would purge the stars of the xeno scum in his name. Known for diving into the frontlines to directly engage xenos Inquisitor Malek has developed an arsenal of deadly, strictly human-only weaponry that he utilises without hesitation and has assembled a company of Tempestus Scions, Throne Agents and Acolytes that accompanies him on his never ending crusade of righteous wrath and violence.

Inquisitor Malek Alturius's agenda is simple. Fear The Alien. Hate The Alien. Kill The Alien.

Looks good! Once we get one or two more people I will pull us all into a PM to talk about it more and start plotting what we want to see and do.

Tremerette

I have a few ideas, I would be most keen on google docs, then pm and I'll admit I just never got into discord.

This is freeform? I mean the Default Starting level for a newly admitted deathwatch marine and a new inquisitor are the same xp in Deathwatch/Dark Heresy 1st though goes much further on the Inquiditor side... I am guessing not but wanted to check.

I could happily play a spacemarine. I can think of a bunch of non marine Inquisitorial retinue characters as well.

Spero

Quote from: Tremerette on July 21, 2017, 05:14:52 PM
I have a few ideas, I would be most keen on google docs, then pm and I'll admit I just never got into discord.

This is freeform? I mean the Default Starting level for a newly admitted deathwatch marine and a new inquisitor are the same xp in Deathwatch/Dark Heresy 1st though goes much further on the Inquiditor side... I am guessing not but wanted to check.

I could happily play a spacemarine. I can think of a bunch of non marine Inquisitorial retinue characters as well.

It's going to be a freeform, no rolls. Feel free to post up your character idea (or two if you want) and I would love to look them over.

zedarkpenguin

I'll throw up a note of interest while I write a profile or two.

I could entertain the idea of a Sanctioned Psyker, or possibly some manner of lesser bodyguard loyal to one of the inquisitors. I often have a preference for abhumans, but I'll see about either or.

Spero

Quote from: zedarkpenguin on July 22, 2017, 02:55:38 PM
I'll throw up a note of interest while I write a profile or two.

I could entertain the idea of a Sanctioned Psyker, or possibly some manner of lesser bodyguard loyal to one of the inquisitors. I often have a preference for abhumans, but I'll see about either or.

Sounds good! I think if we can get one more space marine we will be set to go.

zedarkpenguin

It's fairly small, seeing about making a small doodle for her if I can! hope this is okay.

Oracle Blue Rosa

Sex: Female
Species: Human(Homo Sapien)
Homeworld: Annaria IV(Feudal World)
Allegience: Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Ordo Xenos

Appearance: Rosa is a fairly meek individual in an faintly athletic frame. Standing a mere five feet tall, she trained first and foremost in the discipline of her will and scholastic learning in the Scholastica Psykana over physical aptitude. Her gaze is a fiery red, and vibrant orange hair sits in waves around her face and to her shoulders. Often clad in a blue robe reminiscent of her homeworld. Several small wires and cables run short lengths from the base of the back of her head connecting to a simple collar fixed into a large shawl worn over her shoulders.

Divination: Suffering is an unrelenting instructor.

History: Born upon the unremarkable world of Annaria IV to a well known and respected family of alchemists and medical doctors, for fourteen years, all Rosa knew of the greater Imperium was the sky-god's all-seeing and ever watchful gaze upon their world. Thus, when a terrifying ball of flame descended upon the horizon all most could have believed was some matter of retribution came for their homes.

The Orks, as ever would flood across the world guarded sparsely by a crude and hastily assembled defense regiment. Her small town would be ransacked in mere days, as civilians poured into the walled cities of noblemen that doted the forgotten little world. It would be here where she would first encounter the greenskins as they broke through the first defensive line, her family hid as they would sweep into the city. Emerging however, her family was discovered by a straggling Ork. Rosa's mother was torn apart by the beast before her own will would be made manifest, powerful energies shredding the greenskin in a mere instant before she would flee in the clutched arms of her father.

It would be two years, hiding and scavenging what they could before the Imperial Guard would take to the monumental task of reclaiming the small world. Rosa would be taken by the Blackships where she would be trained in the psychic capabilities she possesses. In spite of her youth however, she learned exceptionally quickly and was deemed capable of serving the Imperium without the crippling ritual of binding.

Raised in the world of mundane medicine, Rosa was perhaps not the most effective combatant, however her power was undeniable and at the age of 24 she would be deployed alongside an Imperial Guard regiment until her talents piqued the interest of an Inquisitor operating nearby.

Spero

Quote from: zedarkpenguin on July 22, 2017, 11:44:30 PM
It's fairly small, seeing about making a small doodle for her if I can! hope this is okay.

Oracle Blue Rosa

Species: Human(Homo Sapien)
Homeworld: Annaria IV(Feudal World)
Allegience: Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Ordo Xenos

Appearance: Rosa is a fairly meek individual in an faintly athletic frame. Standing a mere five feet tall, she trained first and foremost in the discipline of her will and scholastic learning in the Scholastica Psykana over physical aptitude. Her gaze is a fiery red, and vibrant orange hair sits in waves around her face and to her shoulders. Often clad in a blue robe reminiscent of her homeworld. Several small wires and cables run short lengths from the base of the back of her head connecting to a simple collar fixed into a large shawl worn over her shoulders.

Divination: Suffering is an unrelenting instructor.

History: Born upon the unremarkable world of Annaria IV to a well known and respected family of alchemists and medical doctors, for fourteen years, all Rosa knew of the greater Imperium was the sky-god's all-seeing and ever watchful gaze upon their world. Thus, when a terrifying ball of flame descended upon the horizon all most could have believed was some matter of retribution came for their homes.

The Orks, as ever would flood across the world guarded sparsely by a crude and hastily assembled defense regiment. Her small town would be ransacked in mere days, as civilians poured into the walled cities of noblemen that doted the forgotten little world. It would be here where she would first encounter the greenskins as they broke through the first defensive line, her family hid as they would sweep into the city. Emerging however, her family was discovered by a straggling Ork. Rosa's mother was torn apart by the beast before her own will would be made manifest, powerful energies shredding the greenskin in a mere instant before she would flee in the clutched arms of her father.

It would be two years, hiding and scavenging what they could before the Imperial Guard would take to the monumental task of reclaiming the small world. Rosa would be taken by the Blackships where she would be trained in the psychic capabilities she possesses. In spite of her youth however, she learned exceptionally quickly and was deemed capable of serving the Imperium without the crippling ritual of binding.

Raised in the world of mundane medicine, Rosa was perhaps not the most effective combatant, however her power was undeniable and at the age of 24 she would be deployed alongside an Imperial Guard regiment until her talents piqued the interest of an Inquisitor operating nearby.

Looks good so far.

Tremerette

Name: Brother Apothecary Ak'sho

Allegiance: Salamanders, Deathwatch, Ally to the Ordo Xenos, Extended Secondment to the Inquisitor as his mission.

Appearance: Seven foot one inches tall with dark skin (but within human norms, because 40k can have not white, not abhuman or mutant people too GW....*grumbles*) the apothecary is a confident figure as he goes about his duties clad in Mark IV "Maximus" Armour. Ak'sho's armour bares the heraldry of the Salamanders and the Deatwatch as well as the the Canis Helix, on it's right greeve is depicted a Salamander surrounded by human and xenos corpses fighting a genestealer. He is further equipped with a narthecium, reductor, diagnosticator, combi-flamer, bolt pistol, chainsword, combat knife, frag and krak grenades, repair cement auspex and combi tool.
Ak'sho also has a suit of carapace armour, chameleoline cloak, grapnel and grav chute for stealth missions.

Personality: Gregarius, being a Salamander he is far more used to dealing with mortals than the average member of the Adeptus Astrates.

History: Ak'sho is a veteran of several campaigns with his parent Chapter the Salamanders, of particular note was a period supporting a demi company assisting Rogue Trader Tarz in the purging of a Hrud infestation, the Battle of Galt IV against the Dragon Warriors and the defense of the Argus III refugee camps against the Blood Axe Kommandos of Waaagh Warboss Stompsmasha. He has spent the last decade on a tour of duty with the Deathwatch with several kill teams seeing notable action against the Genestealler Cult uprising of Lorgus II, the Psychneun infestation of the Talmor system and fighting alongside the Storm Guard in the Purging of the Xorn.

Lirliel

"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Spero

Lirliel

Name: Brother Adalhard

Sex: Male

Species: Adeptus Astartes

Allegiance: The Imperium, Black Templars, Seconded to the Ordos Xenos

Appearance:
To most outsiders to the ranks of the Adeptus Astartes, Adalhard would look like nothing more than another of their ilk. Standing at 6'8 outside his ceramite power armour and standing at 7'1 inside it, he is an imposing figure. But to those raised in the ranks of the warriors of Dorn, or those of other brother chapters, they would see the way he walked, the way his body moved in combat. It was clear to all that viewed him that he was a sword wielder first and foremost, moving with the supernatural grace of his brethren. His physical appearance is still that of a young man, his eyes a cool deep blue, set deep within a pale face. The thing most remember about him, is that there are no scars upon his face, nor his body if seen without his power armour.

In battle he often wears his old master's armour, a mark V heresy armour, a stark reminder to the son of Dorn, that once the galaxy burned with the ambition of foul men. The sword he carries though is a blade he forged himself together with a veteran Iron Hand within the bowels of the Watch Fortress, Judicii, is a blade that within the hand of an ordinary man would be barely raisable, though Adalhard carries it in one hand. The blade itself is devoid of much decoration, save an Imperial Aquilla and the weapon's name acid-etched into it's blade. For the last forty years of his secondment to the Deathwatch the weapon has been Adalhard's companion.

Personality:
Dour, as a son of Dorn there is little that excites the Astartes warrior, save combat. It is where he truly himself, allowing himself a measure of joy as he kills for the Emperor of Mankind. His disliking of psykers still exists and he often dislikes being around them, though during his time among the Ordo Xenos he has grudgingly allowed himself to count them as equals.

History:
Before he received his name Adalhard was a young tribesman on a world filled with lush forests and hidden glades, he was a hunter there and was chosen by his tribe to go to the gathering of blades. There the boys from many different tribes were forced to fight, often to wounding but those last that were left after all the others had gone were given four swords and told to kill the other. Two of them hesitated and fell quickly, the next minute was a lesson in efficiency taught by the young tribesman who slew the last one still standing.

After that he was taken aboard a thunderhawk and began his training as a warrior among the Astartes, for many years he competed with others, training as hard as he could, taking little sustenance and fighting hard. He caught the eye of Ionnas, a still young initiate who had begun his second century of war among the brothers of the Black Templars, raised to neophyte status Adalhard finally received his name. If anything though, the training got harder, during their time between combat zones Ionnas would drill him hard, teaching him the way of the sword. A century passed this way as Adalhard grew as a warrior, becoming a skilled fighter and standing together with his master through many dangers.

Though the life of a knight of Dorn is not without it's dangers and Ionnas met his end on the desert plains of Tetis 4, fighting an orkish Waagh the pair followed their Champion into combat, right into the jaws of the enemy warboss. A terrible fight ensued and those knights that stood in a circle were cut off from their brothers, a fighting end they would make it. Over the course of three days the Orks ground into them until only fourteen were left, Ionnas nursed a sucking chest wound inflicted by a barbed spear. Still the Emperor's champion stood among them, exalting their willingness to make such a glorious end. Then the last push began, led by the warboss himself. A monster of an Ork, its body enhanced with mechanical claws and roaring at the knights of Dorn.

Adalhard was forced outside himself, fighting by instinct as he slew, there was a break in the fighting though and Adalhard watched as Ionnas slew three Orks with a single riposte before being stabbed by eight more. His master shuddered as he was slain, priming a grenade and with the Emperor's name on his lips, killing a few more. Driven into somewhere between despair and rage for his death Adalhard rushed to him. Taking the chainsword from his master's dead hand and cutting through the shafts of spears, standing near his corpse as he defended it with his life. Then salvation came, in the colors of Dorn the angels of Death arrived. Golden warriors descended on their heads as they drove deep into the enemy lines.

After the battle ended Adalhard sat on his knees, clutching his master's sword as he sat beside the cold dead corpse. Approached by an Imperial Fist apothecary he was checked and given a bill of clean health, three among the fourteen to survive, but only one to survive it unscathed. His castellan was next and raised him to his master's former rank, granted him the armour of a knight of Dorn. And for twenty years Adalhard was a sword-arm of Dorn. Though he never took a neophyte himself, the pain of the loss of his master still too deep.

For this he was sentenced to the Deathwatch, if he would not raise another Knight, then he would be forced to use his skills in exile. And now, for many years, the Astartes warrior has been among brothers of other chapters. Longing to return to the Crusade, though knowing that he is still doing the Emperor's work here.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Spero

Zethina
Species: Human, Psyker
Homeworld: Void Born
Allegiance: The Imperium, Ordo Xenos

Appearance & Personality:

Zethina is a beautiful woman, but being a Biomancer it is to be expected. Even worse, she knows she is and as the only saying goes knowledge is power. She uses her looks like others use any other tools at their disposal. Where it is to lure people into saying things they normally would not or distracting the eye from the limp in her left leg. Drawing one's attention away from the fact she favors her right leg more than her left.

A soft and gentle face framed by long silver hair only seems to make her bright green eyes seem unnatural. With pale skin that feels as soft as silk and damn near flawless. Though under the robes of her order, her body is far from. Upon her left leg is a scar that runs from knee to ankle. Her right shoulder scared by a what looks like a very large burn that covers both the front and back. The rest of her body littered with cuts, stabs, bullet and other odd and end scars.

To the public, the woman seems almost emotionless. Always calm and a bit disapproving of everything she sets her eyes on. But it is those eyes that betray her both in feelings and in age. Such old eyes, with a fire that has yet to be directed. Eyes that speak volumes of what she has seen and through.

History:

Born aboard a rouge trader, Zethina was picked up by the black ships at the young age of five. It was there she was brought to Holy Terra to undergo her trials and training to become an Imperial Psyker. 

The young Biomancer would never have a chance at an easy life, at the age of fifteen she would be put into the fleet where five years later her base would fall to Xenos attack. Not sure who to blame, the wounded Psyker put up for trial, and was to be put down for her failers. That was until the Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus, the one that was to sentence her, saw to better use the tool that was being handed to him rather than to discard it.

It was then, at the ripe age of 20, Zethina would become the personal Sanction Pyker of this Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus. And as they say, the road to becoming an Inquisitor is a long and hard one.

She would suffer under his hand for nearly 20 years, doing any and all the man would ask of her. From simple secretary work to acting as his personal body guard...to other activities that have been long stricken from her files.

It was a long and hard work, but finally, she would be given the opportunity to earn her Rosette, an opportunity she would take and run with. Never once looking back.