The Company [MOVED]

Started by Hawk, July 08, 2017, 11:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codexa

Zordom

*wandering around E, title catches my eye*

This looks very cool! Are there still spots available, if so may I join?

Vlexia

Quote from: Zordom on July 14, 2017, 12:36:48 PM

Yeah the GM wants a semi-large game so please make a character.

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

Amarlo

Welcome new comers! Yes, there's plenty of room. I hope you'll be joining us  ;D

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Kokaine

Name: Nathalia Rocha
Nickname: Rocky; Thalia or Lia (if she knows you well)
Nationality: Brazilian (originally), English as of her last identification.
Age: You don't want to know. Looks to be in her early 30's.
Race: Thunderbird
Appearance:
Height - 5'9"
Weight - No.
Hair - Dark Brown
Eyes - Dark Brown | White

Typically described as striking rather than pretty or beautiful, Nathalia possesses a native dignity and force of presence that makes sure she is noticed when she walks into a room. Her build is deceptive in that it gives little to no hint to the true strength she wields and to look upon her still form would betray no trace of the fluid grace that is her trademark. Her motions are rarely rushed, even when pressed for urgency, but rather are controlled and precise even at her most casual. Nearly obsessive about hygiene and the particular order and neatness around her, Thalia is always well put together and her usual choices as far as attire rarely stray to anything truly impractical apart from the heeled boots she favors. Her usual color scheme is some arrangement of black and white though she has been known to go for high contrast colors to mix in with this on occasion. She is also a big fan of jewelry and is usually seen wearing at least one high quality piece somewhere on her person--tailored to the situation of course.

She has a number of tattoos, mostly script and tribal, in various places that she adds to periodically. In certain light an iridescent pattern of feathers becomes visible on her back, the pattern can appear to ripple and shift and is quite sensitive to touch.

Personality: Despite her presence, charm is decidedly not one of Nathalia's strong suits. She has a tendency toward bluntness and despite being an excellent cook doesn't know how to sugar coat anything. She is well spoken but tends to get to the point so as not to waste words, where gestures and facial expressions alone will do she will employ them. She is practical to the point of ruthlessness, exceedingly patient, a neat freak, and holds only to her own personal moral code. She is a creature well aware of her limitations and as much as they frustrate and even infuriate her at times, she acknowledges them fully. She is a capable team player for the most part but she does not care to be questioned and does not take kindly to challenges where she feels she holds authority. Also, given how sensitive she is to touch, those who tend to ignore personal boundaries or touch casually do so at their own risk. There is a softer side to Nathalia but, well, good luck getting to it.

History: Though she was birthed in the land that is now modern day Brazil, once she was old enough and strong enough Nathalia's travels would take her north. It was not a matter of curiosity or wanderlust, her kind tends to prefer to stick to a claimed territory after all, but rather due to a personal grudge that would see her tracking and pursuing her own father. As a woman traveling alone she quickly learned that it was easiest to stick to the open wilderness, though she did occasionally offer her services as a mercenary and bounty hunter of sorts in exchange for information about her father. Mercenary work was rather plentiful in an environment where a stroke of luck could make or break a man and she had plenty to occupy and fill in the gaps of her pursuit. It didn't hurt that each hunt helped to hone her skills.

It was during this time that she met her mate, Augustus. Actually it was during a job--one in which she would actually fail to achieve her objective since it involved killing the Augustus himself. She left him alive and absorbed the blow of that particular failure, calling it a gift of sorts. She left with the intent to never see him again but Augustus was a stubborn and foolish man it seemed. It would take some time but eventually he seized his chance and coaxed the griffin into becoming his wife.

Nathalia found happiness in the arms of her mate but she never relinquished her quest to track down her father. Perhaps she'd have been smart to but she'd made a vow and breaking it would simply not do. Old fashioned thought gave way to more modern attitudes and Nathalia began to establish herself a little more visibly, making use of the contacts she had made throughout her years traveling to close in on her father's whereabouts. It wasn't until the later years of the gold rush that she managed to get close to the man, closing in so tightly that he manipulated Augustus' own brother into killing him--to get his hands on the fortune her mate had begun amassing due to sound investments--to throw her off. And it worked, sort of. Her mate did not die but rather became something else... something unnatural and evil.

When he came to her no longer a man, she wept, but as with before she could not kill him. It was a mistake. One she regrets to this day.

Nathalia possess the skull of Augustus' killer--for the man she loved is no longer alive--his brother Julius, to this very day. She still doesn't yet have her father's but she has not forgotten her vow and she has most certainly learned from her past mistakes. Something that is reflected in her work. Needing a change of scenery, Nathalia moved to the east coast of the US in the last decade where the resumed search for her father brought her into direct contact with an entity she had met only once before--The Company. Though quite adept at gathering her own intel through various means and used to working for herself--she owns a private security firm--the Company managed to make her an offer she could not refuse. Now she puts her skills to work for them to keep with her end of the deal.

Powers: All those associated with her race, no added enhancements.

Shape shifting - Ideally she'd turn into a giant bird of prey but, unfortunately, that form has been out of use for quite some time due to the need to protect her secret. She can turn into a normal sized bird of prey, however, as well as manage partial changes... though usually that just makes her look odd so she only does it for a good reason.

Superhuman senses (particularly sight, hearing, & touch) & physiology (speed, reflexes, agility, healing).

Weather manipulation - she's had a long time to fine tune her abilities and can use it in a wide range of ways.

Omnilingualism - extends to all manner of beasts as well.

Note on abilities - Nathalia has to eat flesh to maintain her strength. Dead meat doesn't help much. The longer she goes without feeding, the weaker she gets. Starvation won't kill her, it will just suck. A lot. Also, she is a shifter but not a were, if she scratches you, you will just bleed.. there's no infection.

Weapons: She usually doesn't carry but if it comes up, her weapon of choice is: a bow (and the arrows of course). She can use many types but her favorite is an old school long bow.
Position: Consultant (refuses to be categorized, but tends to be more of an in field analyst as she likes dealing with intel.)
Equipment: One sick ass smartphone, tricked out with the works. Surveillance gadgets and techie shit.

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Amarlo

@Wigglebiscuit - When I peeked at your character sheet I was reminded of a couple images I had within my stash! So now I must share them with you. x3

Creepy and Bloody

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Vlexia

Quote from: Amarlo on July 14, 2017, 09:54:08 PM
@Wigglebiscuit - When I peeked at your character sheet I was reminded of a couple images I had within my stash! So now I must share them with you. x3

Creepy and Bloody

That one on the left is extremely amazing/terrifying.

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

Devilyn Sydhe

This game is greatly tempting me to try joining a game again.  I've got this vampiric sadist with an affinity for small blades churning in my mind.  I was considering him having been a former military interrogator who enjoyed his job a little too much until the day he was bitten and left for dead and now hates anything that goes bump in the night that isn't him.

Hawk

Quote from: wigglebiscuit on July 14, 2017, 10:11:24 AM
Frankenstein’s Fuckbeast

Inspirational Pic
WARNING! GORE!

Name: Angel

Nickname: none

Nationality: United States

Age: (At death). Varies. Angel was built from the parts of six different women. Her brain was that of a 16 year-old girl. She lived for two decades after that, dying many, many times in the process. When the Company found her, she was nothing more than a heart-shaped rock (see below).

Race: Ghoul

[floatRIGHT][/float]Appearance: Angel is a girl of very bad habits. She chain-smokes menthols. She drinks cheap whisky by the pint. Despite this, despite eating junk food all the time, despite never working out, despite a distaste for bathing and personal hygiene, despite literally being assembled from corpses, Angel is gorgeous. Her skin isn’t pallid, it’s alabaster. Her breasts are firm. Her ass is taut. Breath always smells like rosewater. The faint scent of jasmine clings to her, enticing, hinting at forbidden things, and she hates it.

Personality: Angel is not a nice person, but neither is she an asshole. She’s just in a bad mood. You would be too, if you were stitched together from the corpses of half a dozen people. (Why, oh why, did her creator see fit to use the brain of a 16 year-old girl. Do you have any idea what it is like to deal with those hormones for twenty years?)

Angel is a bullet fired from a gun. As much as she hates herself, she hates misogynists even more. She resents male authority, but isn’t a man-hater in general.

Angel isn’t smart, cunning, maybe, but not smart. She tends to be lazy. She sleeps. A lot. She still gets girl-crushes (she has the mind of a sixteen year-old), but at other times she will become reclusive, hostile, and even downright psychotic (she is made from the corpses of six women, after all).

History: Julia Frankenstein was the victim of childhood rape. This event altered the course of her life. During school, she was a recluse. Afterward, she became a prosecutor who specialized in going after sexual predators...only to watch rich asshole after entitled athlete get off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist.
In her spare time, Frankenstein was a social worker. The sheer numbers of abused women in a supposedly developed country overwhelm her. She was just spitting in the wind, and she knew it. Frankenstein had to do more. She had to make them pay.
She quit her job, and began studying dark magic. It took three decades, her wealth, and her soul, but in the end, she made the perfect weapon. She was her Angel, the angel of death.

The Company almost destroyed her. But some analyst suggested that they just motivate her and point her in the right direction, she might be of some use. After all, she is generally willing to take on the most dangerous assignments. She routinely dies, or suffers horrific damage. It’s okay, just feed her more pizza. Eventually, those parts she left behind will grow back.

Powers: (see below)

Weapons: (see below)

Position: Mechanic (meat tank? villain fucker?)

Equipment: Angel prefers to fight ‘bare-handed’, though that is a bit of a misnomer. Her creator imbued her with several enhancements.

Hands of Obsidian: Notice those black nails? No, it isn’t polish, or lack of bloodflow. They were cut from the blackest obsidian in the darkest pits of hell. She can tear through flesh like butter. And she does, just to see what is inside.

Bane of Man: “Wanna bang? Sure, we can bang. But I should warn you that my pussy muscles are fekking Olympic. I can make you feel things beyond your wildest wet dreams. But you better deliver. I swear by the ghost of Jim Morrison if you leave me hanging, I’ll bite your dick off.” Yes, vagina dentata.

Heart of Stone: Not really a piece of equipment. Angel’s heart is literally made of stone. Demonic stone carved with forbidden runes and all that. The only way to truly kill her is to crush her Heart of Stone. Otherwise, she’s just mostly dead. When the Company found Angel, she was just a stone. The rest of her had been burned to ash by cult of inbred hillbillies. (She still wants to have another go at those fuckers.)

Note: I think, if Angel gets picked, one of the side-goals of every mission should be for her to die in the most graphic and hilarious way possible.

Accepted! Love the concept!

Quote from: Kokaine on July 14, 2017, 09:32:01 PM
WIP

Name: Nathalia Rocha
Nickname: Rocky; Thalia or Lia (if she knows you well)
Nationality: Brazilian (originally), English as of her last identification.
Age: You don't want to know. Looks to be in her early 30's.
Race: Thunderbird
Appearance:

Height - 5'9"
Weight - No.
Hair - Dark Brown
Eyes - Dark Brown | White

Typically described as striking rather than simply pretty or beautiful, Nathalia possesses a native dignity and force of presence that makes sure she is noticed when she walks into a room. Her build is deceptive in that it gives little to no hint to the true strength she wields and to look upon her still form would betray no trace of the fluid grace that is her trademark. Her motions are rarely rushed, even when pressed for urgency, but rather are controlled and precise even at her most casual. Nearly obsessive about hygiene and the particular order and neatness around her, Thalia is always well put together and her usual choices as far as attire rarely stray to anything truly impractical apart from the heeled boots she favors. Her usual color scheme is some arrangement of black and white though she has been known to go for high contrast colors to mix in with this on occasion. She is also a big fan of jewelry and is usually seen wearing at least one high quality piece somewhere on her person--tailored to the situation of course.

She has a number of tattoos, mostly script and tribal, in various places that she adds to periodically. In certain light an iridescent pattern of feathers becomes visible on her back, the pattern can appear to ripple and shift and is quite sensitive to touch.

Personality: Despite her presence, charm is decidedly not one of Nathalia's strong suits. In fact the huntress known to foes as Rocky suits her moniker quite well. Bold and direct, often times to the point of coming off harsh and blunt, she is not one to allow herself to be cowed. She chooses her words carefully for the purpose of making herself clear and understood but make no mistake, she will say and do whatever she feels she must to make her point. Of course, she's also prone to skipping all the chatter and simply acting in pursuit of results if talk seems pointless but such decisions are not made without the proper considerations. It is perhaps a boon then that the woman has a strong sense of honor, though her moral code is entirely her own. When she gives her word, something that is never done casually, she sticks by it no matter how uncomfortable and she will never ask another to do anything that she herself would not do. Not even fear is an excuse there.

Particular to the point of near OCD, patient, and thorough, Nathalia can come off as cold and haughty. However, those that get to know her will find that she is a sensual creature whose passions run surprisingly close to the surface. She can be indulged and does possess a much warmer and even playful side. Her pride and seeming need for distance are nothing more than defense mechanisms in place to try and insulate her from attachments but where she does form bonds they are close knit and enduring. She feels deeply and truly even if she prefers not to acknowledge these things and her ruthless practicality actually stems from this rather than pure logic as she would have others believe. She is a creature well aware of her limitations and as much as they frustrate and even infuriate her at times, she acknowledges them fully. She is a capable team player for the most part but she does not care to be questioned and does not take kindly to challenges where she feels she holds authority.

History: WIP...

Though she was birthed in the land that is now modern day Brazil, once she was old enough and strong enough Nathalia's travels would take her north. As a woman traveling alone she quickly learned that it was easiest to stick to the open wilderness, though she did occasionally offer her services as a mercenary and bounty hunter of sorts in exchange for information about her father. Mercenary work was rather plentiful in an environment where a stroke of luck could make or break a man and she had plenty to occupy her and keep her in place. It was during this time that she met her mate, Augustus. It would take some time but eventually Augustus seized his chance and coaxed the griffin into becoming his wife.

Nathalia found happiness in the arms of her mate but she never relinquished her quest to track down her father. Perhaps she'd have been smart to but she'd made a vow and breaking it would simply not do. Old fashioned thought gave way to more modern attitudes and Nathalia began to establish herself a little more visibly, making use of the contacts she had made throughout her years traveling to close in on her father's whereabouts. It wasn't until the later years of the gold rush that she managed to get close to the man, closing in so tightly that he manipulated Augustus' own brother into killing him--to get his hands on the fortune her mate had begun amassing due to sound investments--to throw her off. And it worked, the loss of her mate throwing her into a grief stricken rampage that she feared she would never shake.

Then again, she does possess the skull of Augustus' killer, his brother Julius, to this very day. She still doesn't yet have her father's but she has not forgotten her vow--even if it must take a back seat these days--and she has most certainly learned from her past mistakes. Something that is reflected in her work. Needing a change of scenery, Nathalia moved to the East coast in the last decade where the resumed search for her father brought her into direct contact with an entity she had met only once before--The Company.

Powers: All those associated with her race, no added enhancements.

Shape shifting - Ideally she'd turn into a giant bird of prey but, unfortunately, that form has been out of use for quite some time due to the need to protect her secret. She can turn into a normal sized bird of prey, however, as well as managed partial changes... though usually that just makes her look odd.

Superhuman senses (particularly sight, hearing, & touch) & physiology (speed, reflexes, agility, healing).

Weather manipulation - she's had a long time to fine tune her abilities and can use it in a wide range of ways.

Note on abilities - Nathalia has to eat flesh to maintain her strength. Dead meat doesn't help much. The longer she goes without feeding, the weaker she gets. Starvation won't kill her, it will just suck. A lot.

Weapons: She usually doesn't carry but if it comes up, her weapon of choice is a great sword.
Position: Consultant (refuses to be categorized, but tends to be more of an in field analyst as she likes dealing with intel.)
Equipment: One sick ass smartphone, tricked out with the works. Surveillance gadgets and techie shit.

Like what I see so far!

Quote from: KalebHyde on July 15, 2017, 01:11:44 PM
This game is greatly tempting me to try joining a game again.  I've got this vampiric sadist with an affinity for small blades churning in my mind.  I was considering him having been a former military interrogator who enjoyed his job a little too much until the day he was bitten and left for dead and now hates anything that goes bump in the night that isn't him.

Good concept. Eager to see the sheet.

Quote from: Codexa on July 14, 2017, 12:23:40 PM
*Peeks In*

Really cool concept!!!

Thank you!

Quote from: Zordom on July 14, 2017, 12:36:48 PM

Yes there still is!

Also, for everyone IC should be up tonight. If not tonight, then most definitely tomorrow night.

Sorry for the delay; spent time with the family the other day and they live off the grid so no internet!
“The wild hawk stood with the down on his beak
And stared with his foot on the prey.”

O/O
Ideas

Zordom

Name: Zachary Steele
Nickname: Zach
Nationality: American

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Personality: Laid back, a bit immature at times, but he  understands when something serious requires his attention

History: Zachary Steele led a pretty comfortable life. The average day consisted of waking up next to the woman he loved, heading to his modest, mostly boring, shift as a police officer, then returning home after running errands in town. Besides earning a promotion, Zachary thought that nothing could make his life better.

His easy lifestyle was drastically changed one day, however, when what he thought to be common thugs approached him with an offer. They told him that they were participating in activities that they would prefer to keep hidden, and to keep them that way, they needed a mole on the police force. Despite nasty threats, he turned them down.

Some time elapsed and Zachary nearly forgot about those that approached him that day, until he returned to his house after a tiring shift, only to find his wife had been brutally murdered. A taunting note near her body stated where the murderers were, should he chose to reconsider their proposition. Filled with sorrow and rage, Zachary loaded up with any weapons he could find, and travelled to the place the note described. In his anger, he failed to realize what he was walking into was obviously a trap, and he was gunned down by those who killed his wife.

After coming to and listening to The Company’s offer, he said he would gladly carry out their wishes, provided that they allow him to first exact vengeance on those who killed his wife.

Powers: Cryomancy - Zachary is able to produce ice in his hands, and can drastically lower the temperature of objects in his vicinity. He is unable to freeze living matter, though.

Weapons: Ice weapons - Whatever he feels like creating at the moment.

Desert Eagle - Zachary carries around a desert eagle in case his ice isn’t enough

Position: Mechanic

Equipment: High-tech watch given to him by The Company

Kokaine

Alrighty, the birdie should be all finished now.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Amarlo

So far we have: (Both accepted and currently submitted)

Manager (GM): 1
Consultants: 3
Operators: 2
Mechanics: 2
Analysts: 0

Of which are:

Females : 5
Males: 3

It would appear we are in need of more male characters! As well as more Analysts, although I honestly think those sorts of roles can be well served by npcs too. :P  ::) But that's just my opinion.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

c0i9z

I'd be surprised if there were a lot of applications for Analyst. I'd be a bit surprised if there was even one. It doesn't seem like it'd be a very active role.

Kokaine

Nathalia can serve as an analyst if needed. Just hope that doesn't mean a lot of sitting around bored playing with rubics cubes and troll dolls. Pissed off birdie is no bueno.

My O/Os

Hawk

Quote from: Zordom on July 16, 2017, 01:53:20 AM
Name: Zachary Steele
Nickname: Zach
Nationality: American

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Personality: Laid back, a bit immature at times, but he  understands when something serious requires his attention

History: Zachary Steele led a pretty comfortable life. The average day consisted of waking up next to the woman he loved, heading to his modest, mostly boring, shift as a police officer, then returning home after running errands in town. Besides earning a promotion, Zachary thought that nothing could make his life better.

His easy lifestyle was drastically changed one day, however, when what he thought to be common thugs approached him with an offer. They told him that they were participating in activities that they would prefer to keep hidden, and to keep them that way, they needed a mole on the police force. Despite nasty threats, he turned them down.

Some time elapsed and Zachary nearly forgot about those that approached him that day, until he returned to his house after a tiring shift, only to find his wife had been brutally murdered. A taunting note near her body stated where the murderers were, should he chose to reconsider their proposition. Filled with sorrow and rage, Zachary loaded up with any weapons he could find, and travelled to the place the note described. In his anger, he failed to realize what he was walking into was obviously a trap, and he was gunned down by those who killed his wife.

After coming to and listening to The Company’s offer, he said he would gladly carry out their wishes, provided that they allow him to first exact vengeance on those who killed his wife.

Powers: Cryomancy - Zachary is able to produce ice in his hands, and can drastically lower the temperature of objects in his vicinity. He is unable to freeze living matter, though.

Weapons: Ice weapons - Whatever he feels like creating at the moment.

Desert Eagle - Zachary carries around a desert eagle in case his ice isn’t enough

Position: Mechanic

Equipment: High-tech watch given to him by The Company

Accepted!

Quote from: Amarlo on July 16, 2017, 04:21:17 PM
So far we have: (Both accepted and currently submitted)

Manager (GM): 1
Consultants: 3
Operators: 2
Mechanics: 2
Analysts: 0

Of which are:

Females : 5
Males: 3

It would appear we are in need of more male characters! As well as more Analysts, although I honestly think those sorts of roles can be well served by npcs too. :P  ::) But that's just my opinion.

If no one takes an analyst position I'll NPC them. I plan to NPC quite a few characters anyways.

Quote from: c0i9z on July 16, 2017, 04:41:18 PM
I'd be surprised if there were a lot of applications for Analyst. I'd be a bit surprised if there was even one. It doesn't seem like it'd be a very active role.

Originally I had the analysts played by second and third characters but it's whatev's. Not direly needed.

Quote from: Kokaine on July 16, 2017, 04:44:16 PM
Nathalia can serve as an analyst if needed. Just hope that doesn't mean a lot of sitting around bored playing with rubics cubes and troll dolls. Pissed off birdie is no bueno.

The positions (mechanic, operator, analyst, etc) are merely a broad definition of what a character is capable of doing. I imagine a lot will be filling multiple roles.

Expect the new threads up in just a moment!

O/O
Ideas

Hawk

O/O
Ideas

Hawk

Okay the character dump/ooc/info thread has been created in the extreme section here. If you have any questions please direct them towards that thread.

O/O
Ideas

firepyre

I may have a male analyst concept for you, if I can find the time. What sort of posting frequency were you thinking?

Thinking of possibly playing a man who hung himself on the tree of knowledge, like Odin. Whether it worked or not, well, hanging is usually lethal. Whoops.

Juggtacular

I've got an idea for a psionic who died very young, like 17-18. However I'm not sure if I want him to be from modern times, or ancient times like gladiatorial era Rome(he'd have been taken from Egypt).

Kokaine

More males would definitely be good :)

My O/Os