News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pathfinder City (Interest check)

Started by Rune, August 07, 2010, 07:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rune

I just got the Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide, so I am psyked for some Pathfinder Fun.

Instead of creating an adventurering party, I would like to create a city. The players will take the role of people in the city. We can have Slavers and Slave, Princes and Princesses, Knight as Assassins. Adventurous Ship Captains and Soldier's of the King's Army.

Since every good story needs a threat, we can also have a large Barbarian Kingdom that is threatening the city. That way if people want to play more savage characters, then that option will also be available.

I also intent on including new magic more suited for exotic gaming. Things like slave collars of obedience, transformation magic, etc. can all be possible. If you have any ideas, let me know.

Everyone will be starting at first level, Experience will be gained at a rate of 10xp per post (not including one liners) I may give bonus XP as I see fit.

Please comment on these ideas so far, and let me know if you are interested.

RubySlippers

Ooooooooooooooh yea.

Not sure what I'll play though but 1st Level Starting Pathfinder Game I'm all for it. Just the xp seems a bit low but might I suggest add in some for using skills in your class under duress and spells as an add on a young rogue robbing a well-off merchant using her skills should be earning extra xp IMHO or the wizard casting a spell doing something should get a little something. And I'm sure combat will earn xp for being in fights if not it would not encourage people to be active heroic sorts.

Geeklet

While I haven't had a chance to take a look at the new stuff yet, I could very well be interested in playing this.

Rune

As far as xp 10 per post is a little low. But there will be bonuses for quality of posts as well as accomplshing things in game.

If you have an idea for a character I need.

Name
Race
Occupation
Class
Plus any special notes, ie are you under a curse, etc.

Marie Reynolds

Rune

Starting at first level, but rapidly increasing depending on how well your background is presented. How well your character fits in the setting, and how well you rleplay. Those that post simple one line posts will take longer to advance. Also, getting involved in plots instead of simply having a grope session will also speed up advancement.,

Marie Reynolds

Name:Alice Newin
Race: Human
Occupation: Cover profession Tailor actually job Spy for The crown
Class:Lurk (if this class is not okay let me know ill go bard then)
Plus any special notes, ie are you under a curse, etc.
Discovered by one of the kingdoms spies while the spy out on a scouting mission for new talent.(will be adding more as more ideas come just figured id give a brief overview to see if this will be okay before i go off and poor my heart and soul into the character)

Rune

I am not familar with the 'Lurk'. Is that one of the new varients for rogue or bard? (Since I just got the advanced rules, I am still a little unfamilar with them.)

Aside from that, the concept sounds interesting. Hold on to see if we get much more interest in the game. I would like to have a few players so I won't have to npc 'everyone'' that you interact with.

Marie Reynolds

it is a psionic rogue hybrid class kind of like psionic warrior  but with a bit more class features then psionic warrior

Rune

Where are the stats so I can read up on it? Is it in the Advanced Guide?

Ixy

Yeah, okay.  I'm posting so that I can follow this thread easier.  I hope that it shapes up, and will PM or post an idea later today.

Katina Tarask

Marie: This is a Pathfinder game, not a 3.5 game.

Rune: Lurk is a 3.5 class from Complete Psionic.

I'm considering a halfling Alchemist.  Guess what her career is. :P

I hope there will be some flexibility with alchemic fun, at least something along the lines of, "Roll Craft: Alchemy to make an aphrodisiac."

Rune

Katrina - Love potions, polymorph potions, potions of suggestion... lots of opportunity there for fun.

Halfling erotic 'fun' isn't really my cup o' tea, but we can see if we can find you a partner.

Marie - Instead of a 'Lurk' how about a inquisitor with the religious overtones filed off. I haven't reviewed the new feats close enough yet, but there may be one that that will give a psionic feel to your magic.

Quote from: Katina Tarask on August 07, 2010, 11:41:38 AM
Marie: This is a Pathfinder game, not a 3.5 game.

Rune: Lurk is a 3.5 class from Complete Psionic.

I'm considering a halfling Alchemist.  Guess what her career is. :P

I hope there will be some flexibility with alchemic fun, at least something along the lines of, "Roll Craft: Alchemy to make an aphrodisiac."

RubySlippers

Name: Lisbeth
http://fantasti.cc/user/noyesno/images/image/890071
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Plus any special notes, ie are you under a curse, etc.:

Geeklet

Contemplating a Female Human Artificer. Bit of an odd duck that has more of a steampunk appearance than traditional fantasy.

Rune

Since it  looks like we have mostly females signing up, there is no way I will be able to please all of you. Would anyone like to help as a co-dm?

Katina Tarask

Quote from: Rune on August 07, 2010, 02:08:00 PM
Since it  looks like we have mostly females signing up, there is no way I will be able to please all of you. Would anyone like to help as a co-dm?
I do believe most of us roleplay bi anyways, so that shouldn't be a big deal.  I do, Ixy does, Ruby... well, just look at her avie.  And I should think most of the guys running female characters would be happy to go both ways.  Having an (almost) all-female party shouldn't be any more problematic than a mixed party.

Ixy

Yeah, speaking of which, I'd love to write with you again.  *gets all glassy eyed for a minute and wanders away*

Katina Tarask

Oh, yes.  Senna was left in quite a state.  Then again, there are worse fates than being left in limbo in an eternal state of "almost there."

Ixy

I hate that.  Maybe with a whole city to create in fiction, and the new lease on life I've gotten lately, we won't be interrupted by outside forces this time?

Katina Tarask

Hopefully not.  Then again, I recently graduated and plan on joining the military, so in the coming months, there will be some significant outside forces that at least slow things down for me.  I probably won't be able to ship out until at least April, though.

JerichoMyers

I'm confused and interested, but could come one give me an idea about what Pathfinder is?

Katina Tarask

Quote from: JerichoMyers on August 07, 2010, 03:32:37 PM
I'm confused and interested, but could come one give me an idea about what Pathfinder is?
Do you play Dungeons and Dragons?  Same deal.  It's a game system.

Rune

Pathfinder is very, very simplar to dnd 3.5. A couple things were refined. Character classes were tweaked, etc. If you don't have the rules, I can help walk you through any changes. Basic character concepts remain the same tho.

Ixy

Don't be nervous about learning Pathfinder.  It's easy to play, and there are free resources online to help you make a character.

People on this site will gladly help you with rules and characters if you'd like. 

To take a look at the rules, check out d20pfsrd.com