Roaring 20ies/Speakeasy/Gangster & Crime Stories [Open to all]

Started by Nico, April 29, 2015, 09:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted iN Tux

Just tossing out there that I'm currently working on a 2nd PC - yeah, yeah, I went there - who is going to be a short-order cook by day and a novice gigolo by night. Oh! And I'd like to claim Yon González from Grand Hotel as my model.

Cheers,
Tony

Madriv

Madriv

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Madmartigan on May 10, 2015, 10:24:04 AM

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo. My plotting opportunities have doubled.

Your excitement makes me giggle.

Nico

Yep, two characters per writer. We want to avoid people making too many characters at once and then they are either not written, neglected or writers just exhaust themselves.

Madriv

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on May 10, 2015, 10:24:45 AMYour excitement makes me giggle.

Sometimes I inadvertently howl when I get excited.  ;)

Quote from: Nicholas on May 10, 2015, 10:25:47 AM
Yep, two characters per writer. We want to avoid people making too many characters at once and then they are either not written, neglected or writers just exhaust themselves.

Very accurate points, all.

Vael the Destroyer

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Madmartigan on May 10, 2015, 10:31:49 AM
Like a coyote.  ;)

I always knew you were a wild animal, Mad. But if we're being honest, I'd rather someone who growls like a bear.

Madriv

Nico

Quote from: Madmartigan on May 10, 2015, 10:26:53 AM

Very accurate points, all.
Exactly. We just believe that it would be a shame if someone puts effort into their characters (maybe even does research), and then exhaustion happens. Should be fun, after all, and not some chore.

MaverickKane

Big thanks goes out to everyone who has already sent in sheets and joined in the game. We are still recruiting and have added several threads since the start.

justme4386

Hey guys... putting this down on my "to make up my mind about" list.

I'd definitely be interested in making a young, black girl from down south, looking to make it on Broadway and ending...

Though I really need to consider my current story load. Maybe if one of my games slows/dies... Maybe if I can't help it...
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Nico

Quote from: justme4386 on May 14, 2015, 04:25:13 AM
Hey guys... putting this down on my "to make up my mind about" list.

I'd definitely be interested in making a young, black girl from down south, looking to make it on Broadway and ending...

Though I really need to consider my current story load. Maybe if one of my games slows/dies... Maybe if I can't help it...
Hello!

If you decide to join, you'd need another faceclaim. This one already is taken!

justme4386

Oops, didn't realize... it's about the only one I have in my "to play" pile that looks kind of 20s.

Thanks for the heads up though.
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Nico

Quote from: justme4386 on May 14, 2015, 08:30:43 AM
Oops, didn't realize... it's about the only one I have in my "to play" pile that looks kind of 20s.

Thanks for the heads up though.
No problem. :-) I'm certain that there is some good stuff on Pinterest or tumblr.

Bloodied Porcelain

There are also a number of us who are sort of junkies for the 20s (like me) stuff, so if you need help finding something, let me know. :) I'd be happy to help when I have the chance.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Nico

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 14, 2015, 08:35:53 AM
There are also a number of us who are sort of junkies for the 20s (like me) stuff, so if you need help finding something, let me know. :) I'd be happy to help when I have the chance.
Haha yes, that too!  XD

Also, I'd suggest Googling shows like "the Sopranos", "Boardwalk Empire", "Cotton Club", etc. Maybe you find a female faceclaim there. :-)

Heartsink

justme4386

You know guys and gals,

as fun as this would probably be with this great group assmbled, I think I will have to pass for a number of reasons:

• I already got a considerable load of games going and more may just be too much
  • I realized I don't know enough about the period, so I'd have to do heavy duty research, which I don't have time for.
  • I am not sure if my style of play in terms of post length, wordings and such will fit.
So thanks for the support on the faceclaim (#2 might have worked, though I was starting to move towards playing an Italian immigrant with "connections" - Claudia Cardinale or Audrey Hepburn style).

Maybe once I have time again and feel like I need to try something new and different, I will give it a second shot.

Love,
Me

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Nico

Quote from: justme4386 on May 14, 2015, 09:36:16 AM
You know guys and gals,

as fun as this would probably be with this great group assmbled, I think I will have to pass for a number of reasons:

• I already got a considerable load of games going and more may just be too much
  • I realized I don't know enough about the period, so I'd have to do heavy duty research, which I don't have time for.
  • I am not sure if my style of play in terms of post length, wordings and such will fit.
So thanks for the support on the faceclaim (#2 might have worked, though I was starting to move towards playing an Italian immigrant with "connections" - Claudia Cardinale or Audrey Hepburn style).

Maybe once I have time again and feel like I need to try something new and different, I will give it a second shot.

Love,
Me
Whenever you want to! :-) I doubt that we're closing recruitment anytime soon. There always will be room for new characters.

Vael the Destroyer

So, would it be possible for there to be a male character who dresses as a female in the game? Name would be unisex. He'd wear makeup, shave, and look the part so heads wouldn't turn though deep down he's comfortable with being a man he just likes to dress like a female. Thought I'd ask. :)

MaverickKane

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on May 14, 2015, 09:52:10 PM
So, would it be possible for there to be a male character who dresses as a female in the game? Name would be unisex. He'd wear makeup, shave, and look the part so heads wouldn't turn though deep down he's comfortable with being a man he just likes to dress like a female. Thought I'd ask. :)

I'll talk it over with Nic and we will get back to you soon as we can.

Vael the Destroyer