New forum game - Putting the Pieces Together?

Started by Enmuro, July 12, 2011, 12:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enmuro

Im looking for feedback on whether a musing I had today could make for a fun forum game. Its all very rough and vague at the moment so if you have ideas or thoughts I'd be happy to hear em!

The current concept is that the first post in the game thread has three random pictures in it. It's then up to subsequent posters to submit new pics into the mix (they would probably be submitted manually). The goal is that people construct some scenario that ties the three random disjointed images together. Regardless of who "wins" hopefully a bunch of really creative ideas would come out of the game. (Another idea could be to introduce random restrictions along with random pictures to increase creativity - restrictions like "idea must involve a rainy day", or "two of the items pictured must in actuality by smaller than a breadbox ," the skies the limit :) )

So what do you think? (demo game image below, sadly not kinky at all )

Oh, and the images are constantly randomized, or at least they should be according to the magical web monkey on my shoulder who tells me these things. Try to refresh the page and see what happens (you might have to refresh a couple times). For this sneak peek I only picked a small SFW set of comp images and divided them into 3 subcategories (objects, people & places). Apologies again for it looking so rough.