What do you watch on TV nowadays?

Started by redryder, October 23, 2010, 01:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

Here is my list of shows I watch depending on when the shows air during the seasons. I have many more but some are canceled shows or old shows.

Hollywood Treasures
Pawn Stars
Burn Notice
In Plain Sight
Covert Affairs
Ugly Betty re-runs
The Walking Dead
The Closer
Sons of Anarchy
Secret Diary of A Call Girl
Royal Pains
Drop Dead Diva
Cold Case
Spartacus: Blood and Sand
Spartacus: Gods of the Arena - I will watch it when it comes out in January
True Blood
Moonlight re-runs
Degrassi: Next Generation
Law and Order: Special Victims Unit
Strange Sex
Deadly Women
Wicked Attraction
Facing Evil
Adventure Time
Coupling
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Callie Del Noire

Hmm..

Let's see. Law & Order: LA, Law & Order: UK, Luther (thank you BBC America), Stargate Universe, CSI (All of them) mostly.

Ryven

The Walking Dead
The Tudors
Spartacus: Blood and Sand
Archer
Top Chef
Food Network Challenge
Most shows on Food Network
Anything to do with Religion or the Universe on History
Sci-fi 'Original' movies (just for the b rated factor of them)
Robot Chicken
Family Guy
South Park
America's Next Top Model >.>
UFC Fights (hot men rolling around in a ring getting sweating and holding each other)

Elina

The Amazing Race
Survivor
Top Chef
Project Runway
Chuck
Fringe
Glee

Envious

If it's not on Sci fi, I don't watch it.

Bayushi

Quote from: Envious on December 02, 2010, 03:37:41 PMIf it's not on Sci fi, I don't watch it.

You mean Sy Fy? Ugh. That channel went WAAAAY down hill with their programming. Most everything shown is pure crap, or not Science Fiction. Last time I saw anything that qualified as Science Fiction on Sy Fy was one of the two WWE shows. :P

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Akiko on December 03, 2010, 02:12:11 AM
You mean Sy Fy? Ugh. That channel went WAAAAY down hill with their programming. Most everything shown is pure crap, or not Science Fiction. Last time I saw anything that qualified as Science Fiction on Sy Fy was one of the two WWE shows. :P

Hello? Stargate Universe? Warehouse 13 and Eureka! :D

The reason for the name change was so they could copyright the name and to 'get out of momma's basement' outlook.

Of course my little sin is The Closer on TNT.

("Did I just hear you talk about Mary Jane and Hippies? How old are you?" "I've seen SIX chiefs and counting." Got to love Provenza. )

Oniya

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 08, 2010, 09:50:34 AM
The reason for the name change was so they could copyright the name and to 'get out of momma's basement' outlook.

They'd do better on that if they'd stop making crappy B-movies.  The phrase 'A SyFy Original Movie', or its predecessor generally means 'standard creature invasion movie with overdone CGI'.  Small group of people in isolated setting encounters aggressive and potentially humanity-destroying creature(s).  Most of the group is slaughtered in a variety of ways.  At the last minute, the most sympathetic character (and occasionally, their love-interest) comes up with an insanely ridiculous way of defeating the creature(s).  Sometimes, this is at the expense of the love-interest.  At the end, there is a hint that the defeat of the creature(s) wasn't entirely complete, paving the way for [insert name here] 2: The Return.

The three shows you've mentioned are diamonds in the dross - and I'm speaking as a life-long science fiction fan. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Well I figure that Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis were good. Sanctuary is sorta/kinda good. I'm kind of twitchy about the outlook that some studio execs had with the name change 'de-nerdifying' the channel. I liked the first 2 seasons of the Battlestar Galactica series, as well as what I've seen of Caprica.

I totally hate the reality TV and wrestling on the channel.

Bayushi

I've long since given up on Sci Fi.

Their programming wasn't great to begin with, but better than a sharp stick in the eye. Now, however, their programming really can't get any worse.

Sure, the occasional SG-1 is nice. I don't know if they even show Trek re-runs anymore. Eureka bores the ever-living hell out of me, and I'm not a fan of the new BSG.

So the channel has wrestling and crappy B-movies. Great. Just another channel to ignore, like most of the trash on television.

Lah

As of lately... I don't watch all that much TV. But when I do, I tend to watch kiddie cartoons  ;D. Stuff like... Phineas and Ferb, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Avatar the Last Airbender, Dexter's Laboratory, Spongebob Squarepants (I can't believe how long that show has been going now...). Looking forward to the return of Ren & Stimpy to the Nicktoons network on Saturdays.

I have a guilty pleasure in watching Wife Swap or Trading Spouses. I feel a whole lot better about my family whenever I see those shows. I also find the recent trend in Hoarding shows to be disturbingly interesting. I also like stuff on the Travel Channel, shows like Bizarre Foods, Man vs. Food and Ghost Adventures. My whole family watches Glee. We used to watch House, but it's been kinda going down hill after the third season...

Then in the late evenings I occasionally watch Futurama (if I can ever happen to catch it on Comedy), King of the Hill and Family Guy. And if I get lucky on Saturdays I sometimes stumble upon reruns of Cowboy Bebop at like 3 AM. That's about the only anime I'll watch on TV and one of the few dubs I can stand.

Drusilla

I don't watch a whole lot of tv.  I mainly read a lot, but the shows that I do make sure to watch are The Walking Dead, Being Human (BBC), Torchwood (BBC), and Doctor Who, when I get the chance.  I noticed that Scy Fy is going to be coming out with an Americanized version of Being Human.  Looking forward to it, though the guy they have playing the vampire is no where NEAR as hot as the guy the BBC has playing him.  Yum...
"It is easy to go down into Hell; night and day the gates of dark death stand wide; but to climb back up again, to retrace one's steps to open air, there lies the problem, the difficult task." - Virgil: The Aeneid

Maartje18F

i watch some dutch shows..
also, i like crime scene investigation, house & grey's anatomy

Callie Del Noire

well the lovely folks at SyFy have killed off Stargate Universe.  Now we're stuck with one less show.. but hey..they got wrestling

Callie Del Noire

Added Sherlock to the viewing list. Very nice take on the classic detective.

JustLisa

I am totally into sy-fi and fantasy at the minute...so...

True Blood
The Vampire Diaries
Supernatural
Doctor Who
Smallville
Being Human
Primevil
Family Guy
Ugly Betty
Misfits <<~~~~Loving this! Bunch of ASBO teenagers with superpowers. :D
Who I am and what I show you I am are two very different things.
My Ons and Offs >>> https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=117473.0

Empress Leo

I watch way too much TV. I love me some Spongebob, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Ed, Edd and Eddy, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Adventure Time with Finn and Jake, Regular Show, Metalocoypse, and too much more. I love TV!
"The key to leadership is yelling."

Ons & Offs

HunterBlackLuna

Recently started sharing a Netflix with one of my roomates and my mom and dad upgraded their cable to the million channel variety, so I've had a lot more opportunity to go after TV series and stuff than I might have had in years past. Something I've been Netflixing very heavily is the new Battlestar Galactica. It's possibly the best drama I've ever seen on film; Edward James Olmos is brilliant, and there's no real weaknesses in the characters or casts.

The Military channel is fun. They should call it the World War 2 channel: it's what History used to be before it because the Partially Sensationalist Ghost Hunting, Monster Hunting, 2012 Network Olololololololol, which is cool with me.

Also watch a lot of politics with the family, mostly MSNBC because of our political leanings. Rachel Maddow annoys me with her manner of speak/lecturing, however, no matter how much I might agree with her, and I can't stand more than small doses. I'm not a fan of having things repeated to me. Rachel Maddow repeats things. She repeats things in the same manner over and over like someone filling space on their term paper. I'm not a fan... etc

My Dad loves Judge Judy and I kind of like it too. He also watches a Springer-esque show, but the host is a lot more proactive and aggressive... the name escapes me. But that sort of thing is big with him when there's nothing else on. He also loves Doctor Who so much, he's got every DVD ever made of it ever. It's ok, but I'm not a massive fan.

Maiz

After a year of absolutely no TV (thanks dorms), I'm starting to ease back into TV. What I'm looking forward for next year is season 5 of Madmen, season 2 of Boardwalk Empire, and the premieres of A Game of Thrones and Legend of Korra. :D Oh and I love Adventure Time with Finn and Jake. It's so weird.

Kimbersqk

I really do not like watching TV much at all. Shows are going way downhill... I do like NCIS and Criminal Minds.
Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.
It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon half way around the world. - Chaos Theory from Butterfly Effect

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries
Kimber doing what she loves. Signing C'est La Vie by B*Witched

Marguerite

I plan to also watch Shameless which is premiering this coming Sunday.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

jackedupdaniels

I have always been a couch potato.  Growing up  had tons of surgeries and some of them were on my head, they had to build the area around my brain so they didn't know what I could do so i was basically in front of the TV for a lot of my childhood. And because of that I have had a very strong fondness for 90s kid shows (Yes i'm a 90s kid) So blocks like TGIF, Snick, and Saturday morning cartoons were IT.  As I got older i was saddened to see shows like Rugrats, Boy Meets World, and Garfield & friends replaced with spongebob, TGIF just disappeared and stuff like Family guy all took over TV. 

Then I got into sitcoms like FRIENDS, SEINFELD, and SCRUBS and really got into SCRUBS and that became my main show that I watched and just could never find anything else that really caught my eye.  Then this past year I decided I"ll DVR every new sitcom/drama that I saw advertise and actually are watching a few since my beloved Scrubs was taken off the air. 

So besides syndicated stuff and pro wrestling, I watch Pretty Little Liars, GREEK and Vampire Diaries

(Deep dark secret time)

And I get slack from my sister constantly for this but I also am into Soap Operas.  One reason I like them is because I hate only watching one episode a week, with Soaps i get a new episode daily.  Plus I watch Days of Our Lives, General Hospital and One Life to live so they all are written differently and all have different plots, sure their might be the dumb baby maternity tests, and junk like that but I can just fast forward through that, and I watch the storylines that I do like. 

AtlasEros

Quote from: Marguerite on January 07, 2011, 09:29:15 PM
I plan to also watch Shameless which is premiering this coming Sunday.
Me too, This has been a good week for TV.

Another show I started watching was Auction Kings.  It is a lot like Pawn Stars.
O/O

Sinful Intention

TV Shows I watch

Chuck - My current favorite.

The cape - Just started watching with the premier, jury is still out.

Family Guy

American Dad

The Simpsons

Modern Family

Always Sunny in Philadelphia

The League

Saturday Night Live

The Office

30 Rock

Outsourced

Community

And recently I've been watching old Gi Joe and Transformers cartoons on "The Hub"

Mithlomwen

Eureka

Warehouse 13

Ghost Hunters

Ghost Adventures

Say Yes to the Dress

NCIS

Man vs. Food

There might be a few shows here and there that I watch, but those are the main ones. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...