[Scion: Hero] Recruitment Closed

Started by ererruz, February 11, 2016, 10:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ererruz

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 13, 2016, 06:24:53 AM
Hmm. I had thought of way of getting when he received his Visitation, but it might not gel with your linked destiny.

What I was thinking is he spent about 6 months to a year operating in South East Asia, crossing paths several times with a Nazi counterpart (maybe a corrupted Scion, or something similar) called Skorzeny. The two of them ended up facing off in an Atlantean ruin deep in the jungles of Burma. While fighting over a silver dagger (the Nazi wanted it badly, so that was reason enough to keep it out of his hands), they triggered some kind of stasis trap, that froze them in time for decades, until the modern day. The trap was thousands of years old, and was failing over time, the stasis sphere slowly collapsing. This meant that Skorzeny was released perhaps a year earlier than Ramirez, and hence has disappeared. He still wants the dagger, and to rebuild the Reich of course, and Ramirez still wants his head. Having a nemesis always adds something to a game :)

As for his link to the others, and their shared destiny ... Prophecy?

BTW, I'd like to suggest another house rule I've used in my own games that I don't think you have in yours. Let ePerception add to missile damage in the same way that eStrength does to melee (muscle powered missile weapons like spears or throwing knives could use one or the other, but not both). That way those who like the idea of the Gun Kata can have their ability to shine as much as the one with the big sword :)

It sounds like an interesting story, but... it just won't fit in here. The Fate bond is an important part of the plot and I'd really want to keep it. If it's the nemesis that you're interested in, don't worry. We can easily introduce a nemesis like that in game -- or maybe make him somehow involved in the deal with the statuette, so Ramirez has a reason to hate him from the very start. Instead of Skorzeny being the Skorzeny, make him into a descendent of his, a neo-fascist or neo-nazi of some sort.

As for the house rule - yes, definitely adapting that. Gun users tend to be useless in Demigod and up, and we don't want that. I'd however limit this to projectile weapons like guns, with spears etc. still using Strength.

Quote from: Phaia on February 13, 2016, 07:52:48 AM
@ererrus- Couple of questions.
How long ago did you want to have our visitations? Should we have a history after the visit?
Reason I asked is my character- Selena- was a Vice Detective in the New Orleans PD. If the Visitation has been a while [at least 6 months] then she has left the department and works as a Private Detective.
Do you mind if a character owns a bar/club? well actaully it is owned by her father- Baron Samedi- through a half dozen companies but currently she basically claims it and runs it and may even have her name on the deed. [perhaps unknown to her]

I do have a suggestion for everyone. Since our characters are linked I was thinking maybe a theme of sorts in the visitation. I was gonna have it be raining and maybe in the bayou for Selena so my suggestion would be water somehow links out visitations.

Phaia

Not long ago. I'm debating how long exactly, but you're pretty much just started out -- maybe two weeks or so?

If you want to actually run the bar and have the people working there at her disposal, I'd require you to take Followers 1 or 2 -- but you'd have complete control over all these people there. If it's just a place to stay and relax, then sure, no problem, it's free. It might even serve you and your Band as a base of operations of sorts.

I do love the idea of a common theme in all Visitations. Just a little thing but it'll perfectly emphasize the Fate bond.

Question to everyone: what Epic Attributes and Purviews are you all taking/considering? It could be good to have a diverse bunch (which is not to say that you have to have all the Purviews covered).

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: ererruz on February 13, 2016, 08:14:51 AM

Question to everyone: what Epic Attributes and Purviews are you all taking/considering? It could be good to have a diverse bunch (which is not to say that you have to have all the Purviews covered).

I've got Dex, Charisma, Manip, Appearance and Wits, all with a single dot/knack.

Chaos, Illusion, Mystery (probably going to change this to Artistry now that I've seen it), Darkness and Sky.

Phaia

With 10 dots to start Selena will have about 5-6 epics...though I plan to go with Intel, Perception, charisma [her fathers] and maybe stamina. Purviews are Darkness, death, Pyshcopomp and ..Mystery [was considering magic as well but if someone else wants it great]. She would be big on understanding things, investations, intel knacks, death senses and mystery.

Oh, do you mind if we buy more knacks above the free ones with our bouns points?

Phaia

edit-- @ererruz did you have a theme in mind for the visitation I can alter to fit as needed. Anyone have suggestions besides water?

ererruz

You can have more than one person with Magic -- it's cool and useful, especially considering the theme of the game :) Plus, it has a lot of different spells so later on it's easy to diversify and no two Magic users are alike.

Go ahead, you can buy Knacks with bonus points.

One thing I forgot. I'd like everyone to start with 1 dot of their Pantheon-specific Purview -- just another way to make you a diverse bunch and capitalise the fact that you're all from different pantheons. Unless you're really against the idea?

Cataclysmic Archangel

Jottunblob is really pretty useless to my character.  If you want me to take it, I can... but the way I'm seeing mine (I know, I've been pretty vague) is that he's a bit of a thief, as well as a tattoo artist.  Conman.  Jackass-of-all-trades, etc.  Really a chip off the old Loki.    I don't see him being eager to blood himself to pump up a buddy, even if it's his favorite pet.  Which I don't see him caring for, either.

ererruz

Quote from: Arcannyx on February 13, 2016, 09:00:05 AM
Jottunblob is really pretty useless to my character.  If you want me to take it, I can... but the way I'm seeing mine (I know, I've been pretty vague) is that he's a bit of a thief, as well as a tattoo artist.  Conman.  Jackass-of-all-trades, etc.  Really a chip off the old Loki.    I don't see him being eager to blood himself to pump up a buddy, even if it's his favorite pet.  Which I don't see him caring for, either.

We're using the JSR Jotunblut version (linked in the first post) so it's less about buffing mortals or beasts, and more about buffing yourself and tapping into your giant heritage. Which might still not quite fit what you're going for (although might be interesting at later levels to have an option to become a giant warmachine when needed)

Cataclysmic Archangel

Didn't realize that everything was being switched out.  That's a pretty big document to start looking for individual changes. :(

ererruz

Quote from: Arcannyx on February 13, 2016, 09:16:25 AM
Didn't realize that everything was being switched out.  That's a pretty big document to start looking for individual changes. :(

Sorry for the confusion! Most Purviews didn't change much. They mostly added new abilities or expanded or better balanced the existing ones.

Lockepick

As a bit of an update, I'm leaning towards a Scion of Hermes. He was a safecracker part of a crew, sort of treated like a small fry, and looking to be something larger.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: ererruz on February 13, 2016, 09:18:53 AM
Sorry for the confusion! Most Purviews didn't change much. They mostly added new abilities or expanded or better balanced the existing ones.

So in that case, we'll be looking at Jotunblut, Illusion, Chaos, Darkness, and Sky.  Artistry 1 was fun, but beyond that not all that useful, so not that big a deal.

Question: Would something as passive as Jotunblut need to be wired into a birthright?  EVERYTHING has to be, right?

ererruz

Quote from: Arcannyx on February 13, 2016, 09:20:38 AM
So in that case, we'll be looking at Jotunblut, Illusion, Chaos, Darkness, and Sky.  Artistry 1 was fun, but beyond that not all that useful, so not that big a deal.

Question: Would something as passive as Jotunblut need to be wired into a birthright?  EVERYTHING has to be, right?

No. Pantheon-specific Purviews need no relics to use.

(I love Artistry -- but as with most powers it only comes into its own later on. I mean, it's a Purview that at demigod level and higher lets you craft your own relics... I mean, how cool is that?)

Cataclysmic Archangel

I only looked at it really briefly.  What I saw was that, for Jacob's very specific artistic talent, I'm not sure if it would be useful.

I'm a bit stuck, trying to build a mortal, and assign powers that fits... Or build a Scion, and have him uncomfortable with the powers that goes with. 

I might drop Sky for Artistry.  Chaos and Darkness are too perfect for him and Loki to give up.  Sky was just kind of me picturing him needing a quick escape.  Off a rooftop somewhere.

ererruz

Quote from: Arcannyx on February 13, 2016, 09:29:53 AM
I only looked at it really briefly.  What I saw was that, for Jacob's very specific artistic talent, I'm not sure if it would be useful.

I'm a bit stuck, trying to build a mortal, and assign powers that fits... Or build a Scion, and have him uncomfortable with the powers that goes with. 

I might drop Sky for Artistry.  Chaos and Darkness are too perfect for him and Loki to give up.  Sky was just kind of me picturing him needing a quick escape.  Off a rooftop somewhere.

I'd go with Artistry myself, if only because it's rare and seems to fit in the concept of a tattoo artist. You can always use Epic Dexterity for escaping (Lightning Runner knack) -- especially if you combine it with Illusion that you'll have.

Phaia

I was wondering how many were planing on having mystery as a purview. I do not see us needing more then one character with it. I do have a  concept for my character having mystery but that can easy be altered if someone else really wanst that purview.

Phaia

Marie Reynolds

Oh just dropping an update here. I have decided to go with a child of Bastet and she was born during the time that there was a God exchange program and Bastet worked as a Geisha during this period. The Onee-san That trained  Bastet stayed in the child's life to work as a guide and when the time is right facilitate the visitation to the child. Also the character will own a Danso- Kei Cafe. I hope to have more out either  Today or tomorrow.

HairyHeretic

It sounds like an interesting story, but... it just won't fit in here. The Fate bond is an important part of the plot and I'd really want to keep it. If it's the nemesis that you're interested in, don't worry. We can easily introduce a nemesis like that in game -- or maybe make him somehow involved in the deal with the statuette, so Ramirez has a reason to hate him from the very start. Instead of Skorzeny being the Skorzeny, make him into a descendent of his, a neo-fascist or neo-nazi of some sort.

Okay. I should be able to keep most of the background intact and just move the date up. Maybe it's some neo-Nazi organisation, The Eternal Reich, that are still hiding in the shadows, trying to do what their predecessors couldn't. Maybe they're secretly controlled by something bigger and nastier.

And just as an FYI, the Skorzeny in question :)

As for the house rule - yes, definitely adapting that. Gun users tend to be useless in Demigod and up, and we don't want that. I'd however limit this to projectile weapons like guns, with spears etc. still using Strength.

Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts on it.

Purviews I'm thinking Water, Magic, Death, Illusion, maybe Psychopomp and Prophecy, though I might leave those last couple to start with .. the same as his Father. For the epics, probably more mental than physical, though I imagine I'll want one or two physical ones for general use / survival. It kinda depends how the character comes together. Dex and Stamina are always useful for general purposes. For the others, probably Manipulation, Wits and Intelligence.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 13, 2016, 10:05:24 AM

Purviews I'm thinking Water, Magic, Death, Illusion, maybe Psychopomp and Prophecy, though I might leave those last couple to start with .. the same as his Father. For the epics, probably more mental than physical, though I imagine I'll want one or two physical ones for general use / survival. It kinda depends how the character comes together. Dex and Stamina are always useful for general purposes. For the others, probably Manipulation, Wits and Intelligence.

Sounds like HH and I will have SOME overlap, both in powers and very vague concept.  I can flip to something else as needed.

HairyHeretic

Illusion seems to be the only purview cross over. I wouldn't worry too much about the epics though. We'd probably end up selecting different knacks, so I think power cross over would be fairly minimal. I'd likely be looking at Social Chameleon, Takes One to Know One and the language mastery Int whose name escapes me right now.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ererruz

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 13, 2016, 10:16:08 AM
Illusion seems to be the only purview cross over. I wouldn't worry too much about the epics though. We'd probably end up selecting different knacks, so I think power cross over would be fairly minimal. I'd likely be looking at Social Chameleon, Takes One to Know One and the language mastery Int whose name escapes me right now.

It is called Language Mastery actually XD

I wouldn't worry about Epic Attributes overlap. As long as each of you chooses different Knacks that's fine.

Seems we have a whole team of tricksters though. Not exactly what I'd had in mind, but interesting nonetheless.

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 13, 2016, 09:41:17 AM
Oh just dropping an update here. I have decided to go with a child of Bastet and she was born during the time that there was a God exchange program and Bastet worked as a Geisha during this period. The Onee-san That trained  Bastet stayed in the child's life to work as a guide and when the time is right facilitate the visitation to the child. Also the character will own a Danso- Kei Cafe. I hope to have more out either  Today or tomorrow.

What do you mean by "God exchange program"?

Marie Reynolds

It states in Bastet's History that she was apart of a God Exchange program and because of it spent time in Japan as Geisha.

ererruz

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 13, 2016, 10:19:38 AM
It states in Bastet's History that she was apart of a God Exchange program and because of it spent time in Japan as Geisha.

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. Interesting.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: ererruz on February 13, 2016, 10:17:50 AM
    It is called Language Mastery actually XD

I wouldn't worry about Epic Attributes overlap. As long as each of you chooses different Knacks that's fine.

Seems we have a whole team of tricksters though. Not exactly what I'd had in mind, but interesting nonetheless.

What do you mean by "God exchange program"?

Yeah, Takes One to Know One was totally one of the knacks I had listed.

Ironically, I went for a trickster this time because in the last game I started in (not that it had anything to do with Scion or otherwise), he was a bruiser.  So I wanted something different.  If we are ending up with a lot of rogue types, I'll switch over to something more martial.  I just don't really have any ideas in that direction.  yet.

Rudimentary sheet, but here's what I have.
    Name: Jacob Isaac Stone
    Calling: Ink Fanatic
    Nature: Trickster
    Sexual orientation: Straight
    Pantheon:Aesir (Norse)
    God: Loki
    Nationality:American
    Date of birth: Nov. 15

Motivation: Himself
    Deific goal:

Height: 5’11”
    Weight: 160
    Hair colour: Brown
    Eye colour: Blue
    Distinguishing features: Tats.  Duh.
    Appearance: http://www.tattoo-models.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Tattoo-Ideas-for-Men-71.jpg
    Face claim: http://www.tattoo-models.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Tattoo-Ideas-for-Men-71.jpg

Personality: Out for himself.  Cynical, sarcastic, and pretty much a jackass.

Family:
    Friends and allies:
    Rivals and enemies:
    Background:
    Visitation:

Hobbies:
    Fears and phobias:
    ONs and OFFs: Rough sex.  He likes a vocal woman, a little bit of begging, to show he’s ‘the man’.  Bondage.  Roleplay.  Flirting.  Brats.
    Legend: 2
    Legend points: 4
    Willpower: 6

Experience (spent):
    Experience (unspent):
    Experience (total):

Virtues:

Courage  1
    Endurance  2
    Expression  4
    Loyalty

ATTRIBUTES

Strength  3
    Dexterity  4
    Stamina  3

Charisma  4
    Manipulation  4
    Appearance  3

Perception  3
    Intelligence  2
    Wits  3

ABILITIES

Academics  1
    Animal Ken  0
    Art  4 (Tattoos)
    Athletics  2
    Awareness  1
    Brawl*  2
    Command  0
    Control  2 (Motorcycle)

Craft  0
    Empathy*  2
    Fortitude  1
    Integrity  0
    Investigation  1
    Larceny  3
    Marksmanship  2
    Medicine  0

Melee  1
    Occult*  0
    Politics  1
    Presence  2
    Science  0
    Stealth*  4
    Survival  1
    Thrown  2

EPIC ATTRIBUTES
    Epic Dexterity:  1
    Epic Charisma:  1
    Epic Manipulation:  1
    Epic Appearance:  1
    Epic Wits:  1
    • Takes One to Know One – pg 132
    • Cat’s Grace – pg 127
    • Benefit of the Doubt – pg 130
    • Come Hither – pg 133
    • Center of Attention – pg 132

• Rabbit Reflexes – pg 136

PURVIEWS
    Chaos:  1
    Illusion:  1
    Darkness:  1
    Artistry:  1
    Jotunblut:  1
    • Eye of the Storm – pg 140
    • Night Eyes – pg 140
    • The Subtle Knife – Rag pg 39
    • Fundamentals – Compendium pg 149

BIRTHRIGHTS

• Eyes of Night – Darkness
      Created out of ancient lenses of obsidian and now made to look like a pair of completely reflective mirror shades, somehow when Jacob wears these he can see better than without them, no matter the situation.
    • Tarnhelm – improved armor
      pg 167.  A heavy leather jacket and a helmet that has been exquisitely painted up, the two pieces match, looking like a whirl of shadows, skulls and flames.
    [li]’Old School - Artistry
    A long needle made of silver, worked with all sorts of weird runes along the length of it.[/li][/list]
    [li]Lucky Coin - Chaos
    An old, rare coin that Jacob got from a ‘client’, that has always brought him good luck, even in the worst circumstances.[/li][/list]

Attacks:

Clinch; Accuracy:, Damage: B, Speed: ; Piercing
    Unarmed, Heavy; Accuracy:, Dmg B, Parry DV: , Speed
    Unarmed, Light; Accuracy:, Dmg B, Parry DV: , Speed

Join Battle:
    Soak: B/L
    Health levels: -0/-1/-1/-2/-2/-4/Incapacitated
    Dodge DV: ; Parry DV:
    Movement: ; Dash: ; Climb/Swim Speed:
    Vertical Jump: ; Horizontal Jump:
    Weight capacity:

Marie Reynolds

No problem. I found it interesting  as well and gave me a good cornerstone to start building my Character's story on.

ererruz

Ah, this made me realise: please, list what you used your bonus points on so it's easier for me to check, ok? :)

A couple of things, Arcannyx: it seems to me that you have no Relic which gives you access to Illusion Purview. I find the fact that Loyalty misses a number highly amusing considering Jacob''s a Scion of Loki XD I suppose the asterisk denotes favoured abilities? If so, Larceny and Politics are missing an asterisk. Also, the link to the picture isn't working for me. Error 403.

Oh, and HairyHeretic - I got the reference ;-)

Phaia

Quote from: ererruz on February 13, 2016, 10:17:50 AM

hmm not fully, Selena is a former detective in the Nawleans PD [New Orleans for you non local types]

If she has the bar/club it would be in New Orleans. I would want to check with everyone else first about taking that as a 'base' since it could come with baggage from her run ins with corrupt police. IT would be a Jazz club on the first floor and maybe on the second a strip club...third would be the living space. Yes Jazz and strip together it fits the Baron he likes to party after all. She may change it.

Phaia