Whirring Steam, Spinning Gears (Steampunk fun!) EX for stuff >.>

Started by GloomCookie, November 18, 2011, 04:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrostShifter

Quote from: Fenrir on November 22, 2011, 12:03:37 PM
How would you like an excavation or survey scout?  For when you come across "new" places to investigate?  She would be well versed in history, tracking/scouting, and weapons.  Just an idea if you're still looking  ::)
I'm already using a scout/medic in another thread. Give me a moment and i'll see what i can think of.

Capone

Personally, since the other thread is non-Adult, I don't think there's much problem in using a duplicate character. Hell, I may have to end up using duplicate characters soon enough. There's only so much creativity one can have.

Other ideas, however, could be things like historians, biologists, astronomers, or even sociologists just looking to explore the greater world out there. Or even treasure hunters a la Indiana Jones.

FrostShifter

Capone you genuis! I know who I'll create! lol Treasure hunter!

I'm just like to create characters, mostly. But depending on if the other thread starts to go anywhere, I may use Julia. I just didn't want to use her twice at the same time. I'll either get bored quicker or most likely, confuse threads. lol

FrostShifter

Name: Zylphia

Role: treasure hunter (can also double as a scout)

Skills: Handy with most weapons, thieving skills, agile, flexible, speedy, diplomatic, can usually worm her way out of a bad situation.

Likes: men, women, adreline rushes, and of course, treasure

Dislikes: lies from friends and spiders

Kinks/Limits: see my o/o's

Personality: She gets along with most people, is protective of those she considers friends and family, seems coy but really isn't, and tends to chew on knuckles when bored or nervous.

History:
She left home when she was younger to travel with a group of friends, but one of their hunts ended in disaster, leaving a slight limp in her left hip that doesn't usually trouble her unless the weather is really cold. The only reason she survived at all was she managed to drag herself to the nearest house. They brought her to Canyon Junction so she could be healed. She is just recently back up and running, so she is still a little distant due to the loss of her friends and weary of her limp. She knew of Vira, but didn't know her well. She would sit outside, basking in the sun while she was healing and watch her. It put a smile on her face. Zylphia hopes to find the crazy girl and befriend her.

Capone

For future reference, FrostShifter, you should wait until getting a character approved before posting an introduction in the main thread.

FrostShifter

GloomCookie

*sticks Zylphia near the boiler* There.  Now we'll have more than enough steam!

Approved *stamps it and makes it all official and stuff*
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

coolhands

Name: Allan Brassbridge
Role: explorer/archaeologist
Skills:  Allan is a skilled with a sword, and has considerable knowledge of history, and old relics he finds.  He has a decent knowledge of the immediate area. 

Dislikes: Traps, large crowds, and ticks (an unnatural fear really.  No one has ever figured out why)

Kinks/Limits: Nothing out of the ordinary

Personality: Allan is a kind and clever adventurer, who sometimes tends to let his excitement get ahead of good sense when there is history to be uncovered.  He is very loyal to friends, and very dedicated to learning all he can about people and technology from along time ago.  Always ready for high adventure and mystery.  His major down fall is that he is terrible with his money,  and has had a few problems with gambling in the past.

Bio: Allan Brassbridge was born in what was left of a very small town.  It consisted of only a few families trying to get by.  He lived with his parents and his only surviving grandfather in a small home.  It was his grandfather that taught him how to read, using the few books that he still had in his possession, and Allan became a avid reader.

The rest of his free time he spent out exploring the rundown buildings all around town, learning whatever he could from things that people had left behind.  As he got older he traveled farther and farther from home, it had become his dream to see the world and discover important lost artifacts from a time that had long been lost.

When he was old enough, he left home and began to travel, taking in each new sight and place that he went.  After a while he began to compose an extensive map and notes about the places he went and the things he found.  He plans to one day compile all his collected experiences into a book, so that others may learn about the world as he is able to see it.  He picked up his fencing skills along the way, and after on particularly long walk after being stranded in the middle of no where (which is an entirely different story) arrived in Canyon Junction, not quite by choice but maybe by fate.

(hope he is acceptable, i am open to any changes or ideas anyone may have.  I have a picture for him but am having a hard time figuring out how to post it)

KnightNelson20

I work every weekend. so pls expect slow post from me. i hope it doesnt cause any problems.

GloomCookie

No problem.  Don't expect a response from me until late tonight because I'm about to leave my parents' place and head home, and go to work when I get there @_@
My DeviantArt

Fenrir

Name: Topaz
Role: Scientist/Inventor
Skills:   Logic, creating anything with the right things around her, reading, writing, and mathematics.

Likes: Inventing, logic, mechanical objects, reading, science, making surprises for those she cares about.
Dislikes: Irrational people, broken things, when she cannot make something work, assumptions,  and when people argue with facts.
Kinks/Limits: Wants and Won'ts in my signature should suffice. 

Personality: Topaz is an intellectual that bases her whole life on logic and she will not do anything without a detailed reason behind it.  She does not relate well to people and usually puts them off because of her tendency to be cold.  She has trouble expressing emotions because she understands they are simply caused by chemicals in the brain and to her there is no significance in forming relationships with people.

Bio:  Born to two scientist in the canyon junction it was only logical for Topaz to follow in their foot steps though how they managed to love each other always remained a mystery to the curious young girl.  She cared for her parents, of course, but it was only natural for her to form an attachment for the two beings that raised and loved for her but she could only return so much affection.  She studied every book they brought home and soon became more interested in inventing then science.  She started fiddling around with things she found and creating knickknacks for her parents.  When she was sixteen she created her first friend, that was really more of a companion that a friend.  Tick, a simple bird like creation that was only really capable of looking cute and getting tools she asked for.  After Tick she found a strange fascination with birds and flight and she invented a set of wings that were beautiful and could extend and flap but proved to be only for show.  They caused her a lot of funny looks but it made since to have them around.  She could prove at any moment what kind of inventor she was.  Topaz spent the next few years ignoring most people and keeping her head in books and her hands in grease until she started hearing whispers of a woman that had a half built flying contraption.  Her attraction to flying had always been illogical to Topaz so she chose not to think about it... but the whispers kept coming and she knew the only way to stop thinking about joining the expedition was to go prove the machine the woman was building to be false and incapable of flight.  Birds had wings so they could fly, humans had feet to walk.  That was just how it was and that was how it was going to stay.  Topaz never remembered the hope that bloomed in her chest at night as she dreamed of flying in the morning when she awoke.

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)

Laughing Hyena

Mind room for one more? Hmm? Hmm? Any room for the not at all evil looking hyena?? I swear I won't bite unless you ask... Cmon just a taste!?

PS - Seriously!? No navigator/helmsman?! Are you mad!?

PPS - Nevermind, someone jumped on it. Curse my eagerness.

GloomCookie

*Has a little 'meeting' in her cabin with all the female crew... including Topaz.  Nudity required.*

Hehe welcome aboard Topaz.
My DeviantArt

Fenrir

Yay!  *Topaz puts her clothes back on and jumps around in excitement*

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)

Capone

Is the floor in Linna's room the only thing made of see-through glass, or can Henry see from where he is?

Wargtass

Oops, totally forgot about that...  :o

Hope I didn't punch glass...
O/O

GloomCookie

I wanna know why everyone has a fucking key >.< jebus, everyone's just waltzing in.  Keep this up and I might as well have my cabin on the deck so that I can have a bit of privacy!
My DeviantArt

Capone

Henry's not going to step into the room, but the walls being glass or regular metal stuff will determine his actions.

Wargtass

Well, Clarice have been appointed barbarian, she might as well pound down the door without knocking. Gators never knock, they kick! ^^
O/O

Mycroft

A gentleman always knocks... prior to vomiting quietly in the potted plant in the hallway.
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. - George S. Patton

GloomCookie

My DeviantArt

Wargtass

O/O

Capone

Alright, I'm just going to assume at least the "back wall" of the captain's cabin is glass, then.

Mycroft

Quote from: Linna on November 29, 2011, 11:16:25 PM
Did I get a crew or half the regulars at the jailhouse?

... the drunk tank doesn't count as the "jailhouse".
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. - George S. Patton