Whirring Steam, Spinning Gears (Steampunk fun!) EX for stuff >.>

Started by GloomCookie, November 18, 2011, 04:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

"Welcome to Canyon Junction!  Population of maybe 5,000 on a good day.  Yup, nice place to live, and... stuff.  Aww hell who am I kidding?  This place sucks.  You know it, I know it.  That's why we're gonna build a steam flyer!  Yup!  Got me one all built and perty.  Just need a crew!  And... well, lots of parts cuz I'm still not done.  But I got most of it!  Hey!  Come back!  Don't walk away!  Aweh... no one wants to escape with me."

Meet Vira

Vira is um... energetic.  And a little strange, even for Canyon Junction.  She wants so badly to build a steam flyer and escape across the Divide and become an air captain.  Trouble is, she's about as scatterbrained as a clock with all its pieces on the floor.  That's why she wants a crew, to join her on the adventure and help her realize the dream.  Or something like that.  Tomorrow she may be back to trying out the best way to launch tomatoes across town.  So what's the word?  You in?  Or will you be watching from the pier, taking bets on how high the flyer gets before catching fire or breaking in two?
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

KnightNelson20

Capone

You know I'm in, just need time to think of a character.

Would you compare it to Fallout or Borderlands in terms of post-apocalyptic wasteland settings?

GloomCookie

*pokes... something with a dead stick.*  Oh um... maybe uh... both?  Ish?  Junk lying around... bodies lying around... bad peeps running around... *swats at a bird trying to eat her again*
Carnivorous aminals?
My DeviantArt

Box

Le'Kinks (As a quick reference, that is!)
On/Off Thread
Solo ideas/Some Group ideas
And: A bunny (/(o.o))

KnightNelson20

Name: Axel
Role:Mechanic
Skills: Can build almost anything with enough time. Pretty decent fighter as well thought would prefer to stay out of trouble
Likes/Dislikes: Likes: tools, relaxing, drinking, gambling, having fun, and has a crush on Vira (though he wouldn't tell her straight up) Dislikes: work not being completed, failing, his work being disrespected, useless people, and boredom
Kinks/Limits: Likes putting his tools where they don't belong.
Personality: Fun loving and normally a happy person. Determined and focused when need be. Kind but strong hearted. Always finds a reason to laugh and always expects the best to happen. Will do anything for his friends. Kind of a perv at times but always jokes it off.
Bio: Axels father was a mechanic. Some would say the best Canyon Junction ever had. He taught everything he knew to Axel. But 3 years ago he was killed. His father was hired to make something by some rather shady people within the junction. And it didn't work. So they killed him. Axel fled and hid in a different part of the junction so not to be killed as well. From that day on he vowed that nothing he ever made would fail.

He met Vira here. Her scatterbrained corkiness made Axel smile. Something he hadn't done in a long time. He couldn't help but become drawn to her. When she told him of her dream to be a Airship Captain he wanted to help. He decided he would build the best airship around. Just for her. He couldn't tell her how he felt as to him it was just to weak. And he was happy being with her as they were. For now at least. He just wanted to make her dreams come true. And prove himself to be a better mechanic than his father.

GloomCookie

*rummages around Axel's workshop and finds a rather odd looking device* Axel?  What's this thing?  *turns it on, eeps when it suddenly begins vibrating and bouncing around, smashes it with a wrench* YOU SAW IT!  It attacked me!

BTW, Axel is approved yayness.
My DeviantArt

KnightNelson20

*laughs and shakes my head* Vira you are always entertaining.

Im glad I was accepted. I was excited for this rp so I just made a cs up. ^.^ We will have fun!!!!

Mycroft

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1035925/1boy-absurdres-barnaby_brooks_jr-belt-blonde_hair-
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1038506/1boy-barnaby_brooks_jr-belt-blonde_hair-boots-cabb
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1037483/1boy-barnaby_brooks_jr-blonde_hair-glasses-green_e
Name: Basiato "Squirrel" Wittner
Role: Messenger / Munitions Expert
Skills: Combat and weapons expert, Acrobat, Contortionist
Likes/Dislikes:
Likes: Adrenaline Junkie: He enjoys performing psychotic stunts and thrill seeking. Hedonist: His addictions are not solely limited to his feats of daring, he loves all manner of vices from sex to drugs to alcohol. Gambling. Falling. Dislikes: Times of tedium

Kinks/Limits: He is a lover of beauty in all its forms. He woos most anyone, but is entirely genuine in his affections.

Personality: He lives in the moment, as if he were trying to burn out spectacularly. With a fearlessness that is born of desperation, he is like a shark, always on the move. A uniquely dangerous individual in battle, he is a playful sadist with extremely poor impulse control. Not one for diplomatic issues, he is uniquely suited to aerial combat.

Bio: The legend of Wittner began almost twenty years ago, when a younger messenger boy began to carve out a name for himself. Regardless of the danger or the distance, he was always successful in his mission, given the nickname, the man who could outrun death. With his travels ranging far and wide, the mercenary parcel deliverer garnered a reputation for other exploits less savory.

It's said he has left over forty-three children spread in his wake amongst the wastelands, and three corpses for every child. A magpie by nature, he has amassed a collection of bizarre weapons and devices that allow him to survive against impressive odds. If the pay is right, there is no better explorer to have on your side...

Assuming he can keep sober.
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. - George S. Patton

GloomCookie

*Comes out of the liquor cabinet shortly after lots of loud crashes* Uhm... Mr. Squirrel?  I think I killed the alcohol...

Squirrel is approved.
My DeviantArt

Capone

Name: Henry Habbilton
[b[Age:[/b] 31
Role: Tinkerer
Skills: A tendency to dabble with machines, quickly learning how to use them, how they function, and fixing them up...or, that's the idea, at least

Likes/Dislikes: He likes the ladies, easy going people, imaginative adventurers, and the sky. He dislikes broody types, serious sorts, conservative clothing on a woman and anyone who adventures for profit.

Kinks/Limits: Nothing out of the ordinary

Personality: Henry is absolutely terrible at censoring himself. He speaks his mind often, though fortunately his mind is often on happy things. He shows no hostility towards others unless they are willing to hurt others for their own gain. He's a lecher, but harmless.

Bio: Henry's father was a mechanic and his mother was a singer. This resulted in a very confused life, where he was torn between entertaining people and making them happy and working with machines. As he grew up, however, he was too foul-mouthed and crude to entertain and he was too clumsy and short of attention span to be a mechanic.

The only thing Henry was good at was getting into trouble. Whether he was out tipping the live stock over or falling into deep unexplored caves, Henry was always up to no good and often enough dragging others along with him. It came to the point that he was kicked from his home, which was fine by him. He wished his parents a good-bye and went off into the wilderness, where he's stumbled upon so many new locations, tried out machines both ancient and new, and even fixed some up (on occasion). He tends to have better luck fixing and repairing weapons, but he'd prefer to avoid that sort of profession as it attracts unsavory sorts.

A few years ago he arrived at Canyon Junction and has been living there since. Mostly trying to figure out where to go from there, he makes some money with bits of tinkering, weapons repair and other such small tasks. It doesn't make much, but pays the bills. It also pays for the occasional brothel visit, though he never has enough to afford the younger, high quality ladies.

(Sorry the sketch is of low quality. I wanted to make this character myself, and my scanner is too old to work with Windows 7. A photo was the least troublesome way to get it onto my computer).

GloomCookie

But... don't we already have a mechanical person guy thing?  *points at Axel* Besides he kinda looks like an elf... no offense *gets beaten up by an elf* oi...
My DeviantArt

Capone

My mentality is he's not really a mechanic. He doesn't really figure out how things work, just twists a few screws and sees what happens. He's more useful for learning how to control machinery, so if you stumble upon a fallen aircraft in the wilderness he'll be able to pilot it after taking some time with it.

KnightNelson20

I dont see a problem with it. If Henry can tell me how it works. Be sure I'll make it better Vira. How can I become the greatest mechanic ever without an assistant to try stuff for me. *gives the famous Axel thumbs up and smiles* But maybe you should have another skill as well to be more useful, maybe you are a good navigator or something. That would be great to have. We don't have one of those yet.

GloomCookie

Yup yup!  We need a pilot/navigator and a cook.  Definitely a cook cuz I'm hungry. *gnaws on a twig* Ok Henry will be our pilot person guy thing and he can assist Henry from time to time, if that's ok with Capone.  If not, I'll keel haul you!  arr!
My DeviantArt

KnightNelson20

*laughs* Vira I think you just called me Henry and Henry Henry. *laughs more* And when did you become a pirate!!??

Capone

The Navigator part works, and I'll adjust that when a character sheet thread is created.

GloomCookie

We still need a cook.  These biscuits won't make themselves!  *watches biscuits pop out of the oven...* nevermind?  On no wait, I'm high again *flops over*
My DeviantArt

Wargtass

Chef eh? Let me break up this sausage fest for you. (Picture coming up)

Name: Clarice
Role: Chef ("Ah 'm nodda cook!")
Skills: Could just about hunt down, kill and cook anything. She's hunted down, killed and cooked a rock once, if local folklore is to be believed. She also speak gator, apparantly.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes: food, drink, cooking, hunting, if you have time siddin 'round like dis you could'n helped me in da kitchen! Dislikes: You'na off you ass yet? Ah do declare it to all in da close vicinity, if you dun get in here right now Ah will use mah here cleaver on ya!

Kinks/Limits: "Getting stuffed where it shouldn't, perhaps samplin that dear Vira... Keep it outside mah kitchen tho, or help me gawd!"

Personality: Serious. Very much so. And Southern. Not one dish that doesn't include "cayunne or tabascee" in her recipe-book. She shares her dishes temperament and and spice. Some (more specifically those who have seen one) have likened her to an alligator, lying in wait and waiting for a slip up from her victim, suddenly errupting from the water to drag you down in a fierce death roll. Upon such a vivid description, even those who have no idea what an alligator is could agree that she certainly share its attributes.

Bio: It was not all good and well being born in the bayous in them southern parts of the world. For one they have a habit of sacrificing their first born to the gators. Doesn't make any sense, and perhaps that was what the gator thought as well. It must've, because it didn't eat Clarice. Her parents went down well and good though. Perhaps it just thought she deserved better, or reminded it of those first days as a tiny gator hitching rides in mom's mouth.

To grow up as a gator when you are actually a human can be hard. You certainly lack the jaw muscles to apply the same sort of pressure, but that didn't stop her from trying. She was even wooing a great looking gator over in the lagoon. Her "Dad" knew where to draw the line though. He knew to tell the young girl that she actually wasn't a gator, but a human, like them squishy types in their crazy boats and whatnot.

She decided to try out being a human. She swam to the nearest village, beat up most of its inhabitants in her nude before stealing away with some clothes. It took some time before she realized pants doesn't go on the head, but in the end she got the hang of it. Travelling the human world she learned to cook before she learned to speak, and when she learned to speak a kind of alligator accent still lingered. It didn't take long before she was considered the greatest hunter and chef in the land.

She never knew that one could fly like birds until she came across Vira. Canyon Junction was a strange place, no bayous anywhere around, she wanted to leave as badly as this nut. And if they had to fly to do it, then so be it.
O/O

GloomCookie

My DeviantArt

Capone

Just a note that I invited a compatriot into the game, don't know if she'll want to or not, but figured I'd give time for her to respond.

FrostShifter

I've actually got a steampunk Pilot if you could still use one. Though i have yet to name her. Give me a little bit and I will post the bio.

Fenrir

How would you like an excavation or survey scout?  For when you come across "new" places to investigate?  She would be well versed in history, tracking/scouting, and weapons.  Just an idea if you're still looking  ::)

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)

coolhands

is there room for another, what positions need to be filled

GloomCookie

We could use an explorer person thing.  Yay.  We gots peeps interested! *happy dance happy dance* um, just take a guess at what we need and have at it ^^
My DeviantArt

FrostShifter

Quote from: Fenrir on November 22, 2011, 12:03:37 PM
How would you like an excavation or survey scout?  For when you come across "new" places to investigate?  She would be well versed in history, tracking/scouting, and weapons.  Just an idea if you're still looking  ::)
I'm already using a scout/medic in another thread. Give me a moment and i'll see what i can think of.

Capone

Personally, since the other thread is non-Adult, I don't think there's much problem in using a duplicate character. Hell, I may have to end up using duplicate characters soon enough. There's only so much creativity one can have.

Other ideas, however, could be things like historians, biologists, astronomers, or even sociologists just looking to explore the greater world out there. Or even treasure hunters a la Indiana Jones.

FrostShifter

Capone you genuis! I know who I'll create! lol Treasure hunter!

I'm just like to create characters, mostly. But depending on if the other thread starts to go anywhere, I may use Julia. I just didn't want to use her twice at the same time. I'll either get bored quicker or most likely, confuse threads. lol

FrostShifter

Name: Zylphia

Role: treasure hunter (can also double as a scout)

Skills: Handy with most weapons, thieving skills, agile, flexible, speedy, diplomatic, can usually worm her way out of a bad situation.

Likes: men, women, adreline rushes, and of course, treasure

Dislikes: lies from friends and spiders

Kinks/Limits: see my o/o's

Personality: She gets along with most people, is protective of those she considers friends and family, seems coy but really isn't, and tends to chew on knuckles when bored or nervous.

History:
She left home when she was younger to travel with a group of friends, but one of their hunts ended in disaster, leaving a slight limp in her left hip that doesn't usually trouble her unless the weather is really cold. The only reason she survived at all was she managed to drag herself to the nearest house. They brought her to Canyon Junction so she could be healed. She is just recently back up and running, so she is still a little distant due to the loss of her friends and weary of her limp. She knew of Vira, but didn't know her well. She would sit outside, basking in the sun while she was healing and watch her. It put a smile on her face. Zylphia hopes to find the crazy girl and befriend her.

Capone

For future reference, FrostShifter, you should wait until getting a character approved before posting an introduction in the main thread.

FrostShifter

GloomCookie

*sticks Zylphia near the boiler* There.  Now we'll have more than enough steam!

Approved *stamps it and makes it all official and stuff*
My DeviantArt

coolhands

Name: Allan Brassbridge
Role: explorer/archaeologist
Skills:  Allan is a skilled with a sword, and has considerable knowledge of history, and old relics he finds.  He has a decent knowledge of the immediate area. 

Dislikes: Traps, large crowds, and ticks (an unnatural fear really.  No one has ever figured out why)

Kinks/Limits: Nothing out of the ordinary

Personality: Allan is a kind and clever adventurer, who sometimes tends to let his excitement get ahead of good sense when there is history to be uncovered.  He is very loyal to friends, and very dedicated to learning all he can about people and technology from along time ago.  Always ready for high adventure and mystery.  His major down fall is that he is terrible with his money,  and has had a few problems with gambling in the past.

Bio: Allan Brassbridge was born in what was left of a very small town.  It consisted of only a few families trying to get by.  He lived with his parents and his only surviving grandfather in a small home.  It was his grandfather that taught him how to read, using the few books that he still had in his possession, and Allan became a avid reader.

The rest of his free time he spent out exploring the rundown buildings all around town, learning whatever he could from things that people had left behind.  As he got older he traveled farther and farther from home, it had become his dream to see the world and discover important lost artifacts from a time that had long been lost.

When he was old enough, he left home and began to travel, taking in each new sight and place that he went.  After a while he began to compose an extensive map and notes about the places he went and the things he found.  He plans to one day compile all his collected experiences into a book, so that others may learn about the world as he is able to see it.  He picked up his fencing skills along the way, and after on particularly long walk after being stranded in the middle of no where (which is an entirely different story) arrived in Canyon Junction, not quite by choice but maybe by fate.

(hope he is acceptable, i am open to any changes or ideas anyone may have.  I have a picture for him but am having a hard time figuring out how to post it)

KnightNelson20

I work every weekend. so pls expect slow post from me. i hope it doesnt cause any problems.

GloomCookie

No problem.  Don't expect a response from me until late tonight because I'm about to leave my parents' place and head home, and go to work when I get there @_@
My DeviantArt

Fenrir

Name: Topaz
Role: Scientist/Inventor
Skills:   Logic, creating anything with the right things around her, reading, writing, and mathematics.

Likes: Inventing, logic, mechanical objects, reading, science, making surprises for those she cares about.
Dislikes: Irrational people, broken things, when she cannot make something work, assumptions,  and when people argue with facts.
Kinks/Limits: Wants and Won'ts in my signature should suffice. 

Personality: Topaz is an intellectual that bases her whole life on logic and she will not do anything without a detailed reason behind it.  She does not relate well to people and usually puts them off because of her tendency to be cold.  She has trouble expressing emotions because she understands they are simply caused by chemicals in the brain and to her there is no significance in forming relationships with people.

Bio:  Born to two scientist in the canyon junction it was only logical for Topaz to follow in their foot steps though how they managed to love each other always remained a mystery to the curious young girl.  She cared for her parents, of course, but it was only natural for her to form an attachment for the two beings that raised and loved for her but she could only return so much affection.  She studied every book they brought home and soon became more interested in inventing then science.  She started fiddling around with things she found and creating knickknacks for her parents.  When she was sixteen she created her first friend, that was really more of a companion that a friend.  Tick, a simple bird like creation that was only really capable of looking cute and getting tools she asked for.  After Tick she found a strange fascination with birds and flight and she invented a set of wings that were beautiful and could extend and flap but proved to be only for show.  They caused her a lot of funny looks but it made since to have them around.  She could prove at any moment what kind of inventor she was.  Topaz spent the next few years ignoring most people and keeping her head in books and her hands in grease until she started hearing whispers of a woman that had a half built flying contraption.  Her attraction to flying had always been illogical to Topaz so she chose not to think about it... but the whispers kept coming and she knew the only way to stop thinking about joining the expedition was to go prove the machine the woman was building to be false and incapable of flight.  Birds had wings so they could fly, humans had feet to walk.  That was just how it was and that was how it was going to stay.  Topaz never remembered the hope that bloomed in her chest at night as she dreamed of flying in the morning when she awoke.

Laughing Hyena

Mind room for one more? Hmm? Hmm? Any room for the not at all evil looking hyena?? I swear I won't bite unless you ask... Cmon just a taste!?

PS - Seriously!? No navigator/helmsman?! Are you mad!?

PPS - Nevermind, someone jumped on it. Curse my eagerness.

GloomCookie

*Has a little 'meeting' in her cabin with all the female crew... including Topaz.  Nudity required.*

Hehe welcome aboard Topaz.
My DeviantArt

Fenrir

Yay!  *Topaz puts her clothes back on and jumps around in excitement*

Capone

Is the floor in Linna's room the only thing made of see-through glass, or can Henry see from where he is?

Wargtass

Oops, totally forgot about that...  :o

Hope I didn't punch glass...
O/O

GloomCookie

I wanna know why everyone has a fucking key >.< jebus, everyone's just waltzing in.  Keep this up and I might as well have my cabin on the deck so that I can have a bit of privacy!
My DeviantArt

Capone

Henry's not going to step into the room, but the walls being glass or regular metal stuff will determine his actions.

Wargtass

Well, Clarice have been appointed barbarian, she might as well pound down the door without knocking. Gators never knock, they kick! ^^
O/O

Mycroft

A gentleman always knocks... prior to vomiting quietly in the potted plant in the hallway.
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. - George S. Patton

GloomCookie

My DeviantArt

Wargtass

O/O

Capone

Alright, I'm just going to assume at least the "back wall" of the captain's cabin is glass, then.

Mycroft

Quote from: Linna on November 29, 2011, 11:16:25 PM
Did I get a crew or half the regulars at the jailhouse?

... the drunk tank doesn't count as the "jailhouse".

GloomCookie

Quote from: Mycroft on November 29, 2011, 11:26:08 PM
... the drunk tank doesn't count as the "jailhouse".

Bullshit it doesn't!

Quote from: Capone on November 29, 2011, 11:23:32 PM
Alright, I'm just going to assume at least the "back wall" of the captain's cabin is glass, then.

I guess I dunno
My DeviantArt

Fenrir

Perhaps it would be a good idea to create a ooc character thread- so the interest thread doesn't get bogged down and bother those looking for group role plays?  Just a suggestion thought   ;D

GloomCookie

Quote from: Fenrir on November 29, 2011, 11:33:52 PM
Perhaps it would be a good idea to create a ooc character thread- so the interest thread doesn't get bogged down and bother those looking for group role plays?  Just a suggestion thought   ;D

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=125653.0
My DeviantArt