Sands of Kidnapping (Slight Humor) *Filled*

Started by Sairin, February 03, 2012, 03:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sairin

A century long war between the Krytons and Shakou brews heavily deep in the deserts of Mijua. For generations these two empires have clashed to control Mijua and finally the Krytons are on the edge of success. The intelligent Kryton king won countless battle after battle strategically against the Shakou's nervous and shy king. Where the Kryton king was born a natural leader, the Shakou king was far from it. Very. Extremely. Extraordinarily. Painfully sad to watch. Far from it.
Through grinning lips, the Kryton king stood over his prized army. Soon Mijua would be his, and the Shakous his slaves. This was the century old goal that passed down from generation to generation and it would be he that would most likely end this war. Gazing over his beautiful daughter, the only other thing the king cared for, he smiled knowing her future would be great.
However, as the king did this, a certain duo stood in disguise among the thousands of soldiers. The prince of the Shakou knew it was crazy, but it was his only chance as long as his father was on the throne.
Pulling his best friend aside days before, the prince held up Kryton armor and raised his eyebrows with a cheeky grin. It was a simple concept. Disguise as Kryton soldiers, march into the castle and steal the princess. It was perfect as she would single handedly turn the war in the Shakou's favor. Knowing the idea was absolutely insane, the friend agreed quickly.
With amazing luck the duo was able to gain access into the castle. Blindly making their way to the royal chambers, while running into a few set backs, they made it to their destination just as the full moon held high in the night sky. Stealthily knocking out and hiding the bodies of a few guards, the two slipped into the princess's room where they found her getting ready for a bath by laying towels out. Before a single cry could escape her lips the prince grasped her in his arms and covered her mouth as his friend made an escape route out the window. Tearing her clothes slightly and placing a bag over her head, the duo made it to appear as if she was a common whore as they made their way out of the city and back to home.
It wasn't until sometime later that the prince dismounted his desert stallion, tossing the woman to the ground with a cheerful grin did she spit out her gag to say, "I'm the princess's servant girl you moron." With a drop in his gut, the prince didn't wish to believe this true. Re-gagging the woman with the thought that she was simply lying, the two continued on their way.
The Kryton princess stood furiously in her room for hours as her father repeatedly told her that her servant was taken and there was nothing that could be done about it. To the princess however, her servant was like a sister and a deep settled hatred filled her. Alive or dead, the princess would find her servant and with it the heads of the perpetrators on a silver platter.
Binding her breasts and tying her hair high, the princess disguised herself as a man and marched out of the castle in search of her servant. And with such action, the Shakou prince is pleased to find the Kryton princess falling directly into his lap not long after.

I envision this role play to be slightly Humorous but also to have its serious moments.

Parts would be the prince of Shakou, his best friend, the princess of Kryton and her servant.

Added- Princess of Shakou and body guard to the princess of Kryton.
The princess of Shakou is a notorious flirt and rebelious young woman. Going against the rules of a feminine role on most occasions, she follows her brother into action rather than staying home most of the time where she should be. Although the prince does not invite or allow his sister to follow him, she will sneak out of the Shakou palace to find him and when she does he cannot turn her away for if something was to happen to her it would be the prince that would be in trouble. The princess is the "favored" of the children within the Shakou family, but she holds no heir to the throne.

The body guard to the princess of Kryton catches the princess by the arm as she is about to sneak out of the city. He makes an attempt to persuade her to return, but knowing it is futile decides to go with her. The body guard will put his life before the princess of Kryton without a second thought.

Positions:
Prince of Shakou: Jecht
Princess of Shakou: Sairin
Friend of the prince: eiselmann

Pincess of Kryton's: TheHangedMan
Body guard to the princess: Aoife
Maid of the princess: BellaVita

Character Template
Name:
Position:
Appearance:

For the most part I'd like to see characters be developed as we go~ so unless you guys think the template should involve some other parts I think that is sufficient haha.

My Character:
Name: Sabina Mikkelsen
Position: Princess of Shakou
Appearance:

eiselmann

Interesting...I'd make a better best friend than prince.

An yeah I can see where theres room for a lot of humour can imagine the prince and princess NOT being a couple (ultimately) but each finding attraction (once the mocking stops) with the person below their station.

The more I think about the more I like, my mind is already working on a character....so I'm up for it will post a bio once you have the format you want posted

260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Sairin

Okay updated a template~ haha. pretty easy

eiselmann

Character Template
Name: Petrous Tor Mande
Position:Best friend of the Shakou Prince, Born the fourth son of the Lord of the Northern Reach . Royal Bodyguard. ...Often called the Shadow of the Prince or the Second Sword, he will blindly follow the Prince and then question the Princes wisdom when ever things don't quite run according to plan.
Appearance

Let me know if this  needs adjusting
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

Sairin

Nope it looks good~ The position is yours ^^

Jecht

I saw you said in the other topic that you had a group RP. I'd be willing to play the Prince if it's open. 
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Sairin

Sure~ just drop the template in here and the spot is yours. We'll just need a female and then we're all set

Jecht

Name: Alexander Mikkelsen (I can change his last name
Position:Prince of Shakou.
Appearance:
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Sairin

It's good~ just a lovely lady now. She can choose the last spot as I like both female parts.

BellaVita

I'd like to play the servant girl. :D I can make up a sheet and post it soon.

((Edited with CS:))

Character Template

Name: Daphne Armond
Position: Servant to the princess
Appearance:

Aoife

Could I come on board as the Princess? I can see some really fun scenarios here :)

Name: Victoria Kryton
Position: Kryton Princess, Marshal of the Second Army, Champion of the King and Lady of the Far Reaches
Appearance: http://www.freewallpapershd.net/dir/wallpaper-original/wallpapers/the-woman-arab-warrior-4592.jpg

(Sorry, the picture is too big to post here :P)

Sairin

Alright~ I've added two more spots then. Looking for one guy to take the body guard for the princess of Kryton and then we can continue~ I'm going to be gone for a couple of days, however, but if a guy picks the last spot then I'll begin the thread shortly after my return~

TheHangedOne

I'd be interested in the role of Princess' bodyguard, if it's still available. Will have a character sheet up later today.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Aoife

TheHangedOne

Sure, though I do have some questions for Sairin, now that I'm throwing ideas around for my character. Namely, is their any pit fighting/gladiatorial combat of any sort? Or just blood sports in general.

One of the ideas I keep coming around to is the idea that my character would have been a pit fighter/gladiator that was chosen to serve the princess as her bodyguard because of a long winning streak, and his martial prowess. And of course, he has plenty of reasons to be loyal and serve well, because living in the pits is even worse than being a commoner (as I see it being that gladiators/pit fighters would be more like slaves).

Of course, if their aren't any blood sports, that kind of makes this idea null and void. Which means I'd probably do someone with a military background.
Check out my poet tree!

Aoife

Only thing is, Princess is a little bit too much like Dad, especially in the tactical know-how/lead from the front yo kill all the inferior Shakou dogs sense.  Less pampering, more painting walls with various body parts.  She is NOT happy that one of her very few confidants has been taken, and she is willing to murder the hell out of whoever took her.

Perhaps it would be less blood sports, and more absolutely brutal military training. Recruits are pitted against each other Spartan style, with only the best surviving to serve in combat (part of the reason the army is so strong). Personal selection of an exceedingly promising recruit?

TheHangedOne

Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe he was top of his 'class', so to speak? because I figure she wouldn't settle for just any rank and file soldier, gotta go with the best.

Seems like the idea I had for my character, personality wise, will sync up well with the princess. "Kill 'em all, and don't ask questions".  He'll probably use a halberd, or maybe a bladed staff.
Check out my poet tree!

Jecht

I'm excited about this. I'm enjoying reading these ideas. Alexander will have fun with this.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Aoife

Quote from: TheHangedMan on February 08, 2012, 11:35:30 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe he was top of his 'class', so to speak? because I figure she wouldn't settle for just any rank and file soldier, gotta go with the best.

Seems like the idea I had for my character, personality wise, will sync up well with the princess. "Kill 'em all, and don't ask questions".  He'll probably use a halberd, or maybe a bladed staff.

It's rare to see someone use a spear, the most tactically useful weapon in any fight on open ground, ever (seriously, old medieval texts on combat recommend running from an enemy with a spear if you yourself don't have one). Consider VERY strong support for that idea!

Maybe he was a simple prodigy.  The Princess was surveying her troops (Marshal of the Second Army), and noted the character doing what he does best (making other combatants regret being combatants in the first place).  Feeling cheeky, stepped into the ring, fought him down hard (with a good degree of difficulty), got herself smacked around pretty bad, and offered him a spot as a bodyguard for being willing to kill any enemy, regardless of station. In combat, pretty evenly matched, with a number of running bets by the rank and file on the outcome of any fight between the two. They tend to train exclusively because others tend to get killed in training sessions. Given that she's the King's Champion, it's not too surprising that her bodyguard is a horrendously good combatant in his own right.

Victoria fights with a combination of a weighted longsword and a sword-breaker (short sword designed to strip an enemy's weapon). Primarily uses agility, raw physicality, and the environment to win fights.

TheHangedOne

I know exactly what you mean! The spear never gets the credit it deserves. Being a bit obsessed with medieval weaponry myself, everybody seems to think that a spear can be defeated by getting in close to them... wrong. That's when you just adjust your grip, and effectively shorten the length of the spear.

Hell, their's a reason the "Spearwall" tactic was widely used and to great effect. You know, as long as the other side doesn't have a lot of crossbowmen/archers.  :-\

And thus, Edgar (Whose name actually means "blessed spear") shall be a gifted pole-arm user. Might also have him be skilled at throwing javelins, so, you know, he can kill those guys that run away from him really fast-like.  >:)
Check out my poet tree!

Aoife

Works perfectly.  Could be especially funny if the other 'side' (and I say this lightly, as we're all in this together to have fun) have actually heard of these two by various horrendously horrid epithets, and get word of what exactly is on their heels.

As for spears, the trick isn't adjusting length so much as simply keeping the enemy at range.  Rush a guy with a spear and expect to get poked in your soft and squishy bits, especially if it's not a pike (probably the only type of spear you ever could rush).

TheHangedOne

Epithets? Hmm. Edgar the Impaler, or would that be too trite?  And true enough, the great part of a pole-arm is its length.
Check out my poet tree!

Aoife

Well, it might be a 'little' over the top.  Think of it as something enemy troops would actually say (not generally very nice).

I'd probably end up being something like 'Kryton Whore' or 'King's Dog'.  We should let the others get creative with it ;)

TheHangedOne

Hmm. I think I'll work on getting a picture and sheet up, and then leave his epithet to others to create., based on it.  :-) "king's Dog" seems pretty fitting, implying she is a bitch.
Check out my poet tree!

Aoife

Pretty much.  Enemy soldiers tend not to be very nice towards individuals that are responsible for whole swathes of death over their homeland.

I'm kind of thinking for Kryton to be largely Arabic themed in architectural style and military look, alongside a greek/roman system of military organization/merit-based society.  If one proves themselves better suited for a role, they are granted it, and formal challenges are very common (and binding).  Personal skill with weapons is considered a virtue of nobility, and while not essential for military service (tactics and command are the important qualities), it is nonetheless looked on very favorably.  Men and women are largely equal, although male lines of inheritance and male 'heads of household' are the norm.  Women are given freedom to carry out their own pursuits and interests, but are never given true power over any individual fields.  Likewise, both husbands and wives are given the rights of refusal for partnerships, as merit in the partner is assessed almost entirely on skill and personal ability rather than physical characteristics.  The logic is that strong parents create strong children, and there is a large drive towards pairing the most able with each other. Divorce is uncommon, but not unheard of, normally based on an inability to produce children. Marriage is considered to be entirely for the purpose of producing children, and otherwise individuals remain unmarried (it is considered strange for a married couple to avoid producing as many children as possible).

The three most common fields for Kryton citizens are the military, the sciences, and education.  There is a large societal drive (and consummate pressure) to ascent through talent.  Non-productive citizens are left to fend for themselves or be supported by relatives, and are widely discriminated against (including physical and mental disabilities).  The religion of Kryton is largely based around the principle that the gods give every man a body and a mind, and it is their duty to forge their 'materials' into a form more pleasing to the God's eyes.

(General ideas I'm spitting out)

TheHangedOne

I really love the ideas, especially that it's a meritocracy.  :-)
Name: Edgar Raubriter
Position: Bodyguard of Victoria Kryton
Appearance:
Other stuff: Edgar is highly skilled with most pole-arms, but prefers to use a halberd (and consequently, is the most skilled at its use) due to it being particularly good against both infantry and cavalry; even against other pole-arm wielders. He has a moderate talent at hurling javelins; his accuracy is only so-so, but his superb physical strength allows him to hurl the javelin incredible distances. he also is modestly (read: no more than average) skilled with using a dagger.

Edgar is very much a brute. He is large (at 6'2 and 260 lbs), muscular, somewhat slow, but makes up for it with an amazing constitution.  His tenacity is well known amongst his own side, where he is sometimes given the epithet "The Unbreakable".

He is a very stoic man, not prone to emotional outbursts, except in incredibly rare and specific circumstances. While not a genius by any means, he does possess a modicum of tactical skills.
Check out my poet tree!

Aoife

Well, over time any meritocracy tends to devolve, but in an idyllic sense, why not? Good idea about a minor description too, btw.

Other Stuff:

Victoria is a prime example of rising through merit, having ascended to the post of Marshal through raw tactical acumen and a vicious hand with both sword and the finer intricacies of politics.  While still rash and impulsive by her Father's standards, she commands a high degree of admiration from the man, especially after the Queen's death during the delivery of their only child.  Given that the King exists only so long as he is useful to the Krytoni, he groomed his daughter after the finest qualities of the Krytoni elite, and then gave her leave to complete her education with practical experience. Passing from tutor to tutor, she entered the Bloodied Sands as a recruit at the age of twelve, alongside all other potential recruits to the army.  Awarded no special treatment, she fought her way to distinction over the next five years, rising through the infantry, and later, officer ranks as she continued to distinguish herself in the service.  After the Battle of the Shanii Plains, where a poorly equipt and exhausted Kryton army thoroughly bested a superior numerical and fresh force, she was awarded her post as Marshal at the age of twenty-three.  The last two years have seen a brutal campaign of expansion, largely crushing the northern Shakou land holdings, and taking the primary agrarian lands of the Shakou - cutting off essential foodstuffs and eventually starving the Shakou empire into submission. Largely held in respect by her troops, she is nonetheless seen as a harsh taskmaster and altogether too willing to win at any, and all, costs.

Her sole sources of distraction lay in her maid and bodyguard, the only two direct luxuries she allowed herself.  Her maid has been a friend from the earliest time of her childhood, and the two grew up together from wrestling in the mud to deep conversations along the palace rooftops (much to the horror of the guards).  If anyone in the world can be counted as a confidant to the Princess, it would be her handmaiden. Her bodyguard was more of a forced choice, with her father outright ordering the girl to take a second if she was to be leading some many incursions from the front of the battle, rather than from the rear like a sensible commander. He has served her since her elevation to the lower echelons of the officer ranks, and was a personal pick on the part of the Princess. He has served with both dignity and consummate loyalty, and has been personally recognized for his service  with the privilege of attending to the Princess at all hours, a position only given to the closest confidantes of the Royal family. One of the running jokes among the infantry is that he is also one of the very few people able to reign the Princess in, offering enough tactical wisdom to turn what could be an exposed pursuit into a cautious and deadly united thrust into Shakou lands.  Given the propensity to follow her second's advice when it is sound, the two are considered a single command element.

BellaVita

I love where this is going. :D I think I'll add some things too.

Other stuff:

Daphne was born in the palace, and from a young age was taught to be a companion for the princess. Her mother also works in the palace, as a cook, and always brought Daphne up to be kind and courteous. However, even with all her training, she still is very stubborn and strong-willed. Never afraid to speak her mind, she will often give her opinion, even if it's not needed.

Victoria is more like a sister to Daphne, and always has been. They are practically inseparable, rarely going anywhere without the other. Even when they were younger, they received the same training and tutors. When they had to attend the parties and gatherings, Daphne was never considered a 'maid', but more like a friend. Often, she and Victoria would stand in the corner, making fun of some of the other girls, some even trying to make a pass at Victoria's bodyguard, Edgar. At first, Daphne didn't like Edgar, but after a while, he grew on her. She liked to tease him, mostly about his seriousness and one of her favorite games to play is "Let's make Edgar laugh", and she has only succeeded a few times.

Jecht

I'm still with Team Shakou. I'm thinking Alexander will be like the prince in Prince of peria (the game not the god awful movie). Arrogant but charming. Not the brightest but street smart.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

BellaVita

Quote from: Jecht on February 08, 2012, 05:32:42 PM
I'm still with Team Shakou. I'm thinking Alexander will be like the prince in Prince of peria (the game not the god awful movie). Arrogant but charming. Not the brightest but street smart.

Just be prepared for one sassy-mouthed prisoner!

Jecht

Quote from: BellaVita on February 08, 2012, 05:53:27 PM

Just be prepared for one sassy-mouthed prisoner!
Haha be prepared for a lot of "Well, Excuuuuuse me Princess!" and other sarcastic lines. I can already tell this will be extremely fun.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

BellaVita

Indeed. I wonder if there will be romance? Hmm.. I can already see some good pairings in my head, XD

Aoife

Same ^^  There's a large amount of possibility for some very interesting interactions here.

I can tell already that the Victoria x Alexander pairing is going to be particularly... rocky.  Poor Edgar has probably been relegated to friend/servant, but those things change now and again.  As for the Prince's bodyguard, we haven't heard much from him since early on :P

eiselmann

Still around just catching up on all the posts while I've been at work ...looks like we have some very interesting character's to play with..I think we can royally mess with them

My ons and offs link

BellaVita

Haha, yes! Victoria/Alexander would be interesting, for sure. Lots of possibilities..

Jecht

Man I am so psyched for this! The possibilities for romance and humor will be so much fun. Alexander flirting with a servant girl and his sister ruining everything. They are supposed to hate each other but before they realize who the others are will be great.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Aoife

Either way, I feel really bad for Alexander with Victoria on his heels ;)

BellaVita

Sairin

Quote from: TheHangedMan on February 08, 2012, 11:12:02 AM
Sure, though I do have some questions for Sairin, now that I'm throwing ideas around for my character. Namely, is their any pit fighting/gladiatorial combat of any sort? Or just blood sports in general.

One of the ideas I keep coming around to is the idea that my character would have been a pit fighter/gladiator that was chosen to serve the princess as her bodyguard because of a long winning streak, and his martial prowess. And of course, he has plenty of reasons to be loyal and serve well, because living in the pits is even worse than being a commoner (as I see it being that gladiators/pit fighters would be more like slaves).

Of course, if their aren't any blood sports, that kind of makes this idea null and void. Which means I'd probably do someone with a military background.

I agree with what Aoife said, but I think you've come to the decision either way~ 

Haha this is a nice read to come back to and you all have gotten me excited. Since my character is flexible, I'll start right away! I imagined that the Shakou prince and his friend are with the servant now while the Kryton princess and her body guard are not far off on their heels. Currently, all are (except for myself) in the desert but are shortly reaching the Shakou's main palace. Does this sound reasonable?~

I'll provide a link shortly after I make the first post~

TheHangedOne

Sounds about right to me.

By the way, would we be using camels, or on foot? Just how big are these countries, in terms of square mileage? Or is that just a detail we can flub over?
Check out my poet tree!

Sairin

Quote from: TheHangedMan on February 09, 2012, 07:42:39 PM
Sounds about right to me.

By the way, would we be using camels, or on foot? Just how big are these countries, in terms of square mileage? Or is that just a detail we can flub over?

The Shakous are currently on desert horses~ you may travel by foot, camel, elephant, or desert horse. Although camels are best suited for the desert.

I did not think of how large the countries are but they are a decent size. I'm thinking it has been a few days or so since the kidnapping of the servant~

BellaVita

Do you a link to the thread, or will we be posting in here?

Sairin

Quote from: BellaVita on February 09, 2012, 08:32:31 PM
Do you a link to the thread, or will we be posting in here?

I am working on it now and will post it here as soon as I have it completed~

BellaVita

Quote from: Sairin on February 09, 2012, 08:39:22 PM
I am working on it now and will post it here as soon as I have it completed~

Awesome! I can't wait :D

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Aoife

Sairin

You can write your OOC's in parenthesis in the Role Play~ I'll have this bookmarked still though if you'd choose to place it here

Aoife

I'm loving the idea of a splinter faction.  I hadn't actually thought about siblings for Vitoria, but given the whole drive towards reproduction between married couples, it'd make sense that there would be a large gaggle of children in and around the royal household.

My main thought consists that Victoria is the eldest, followed by a brother near her own age (year or two difference).  This brother is actually in line to inherit, being the first male member of the family.  Deeply and sullenly against his Sister's success and pull with their Father, in spite of his eventual legal ascension to the royal throne, he is seeking her death as a traitor, manufacturing evidence of troop plans and various logistical snarls that could be used to clai she was working to hand the Krytoni battle plans over to the enemy, as well as set up significant losses to Shakou forces. Overall, he seeks the affection from his Father that he resents his sister for possessing, as he would need to deeply discredit her enough to cause his Father himself to demand her capture and summary execution.

Seeing his chance, with her gone from the capital unannounced and moving deeply into Shakou territory, he presented the forged evidence and claimed that even now she was working her master-blow against the Krytoni throne, in a misguided sense of an anti-imperial mindset and the sovereignty of the Shakou state.  Despite their Father's immediate discredit of the motivations, he would eventually be forced by councilors seeded by her Brother to acknowledge the evidence, and at the very least demand her incarceration. Despite reservations, the weight of evidence eventually demands her execution, and he reluctantly signs the edict into effect and cedes the Throne to her brother, citing his deep reservations and heavy heart as time enough to step down. Wasting no time, her brother moves quickly to eliminate any contradictory evidence from the other party, and dispatches a deeply loyal, and passionately zealous unit of Krytoni Adders (internal police) to find and eliminate the 'rogue' Princess.

How it develops from here has all sorts of possibilities.

BellaVita

I like it, Aoife. Perhaps they take the group and end up overpowering them, leading them further into the desert? Maybe drop them off in a town that is small and not well known? The group would then have time to fight, connect, perhaps even try to trust? :)

Aoife

Alternatively, miss haughty might just have a bit of a conflict of loyalties on finding out her people are trying to kill her off. 'Proper' chase scene time and/or shared life-threatening situations to form impromptu bonds?

eiselmann

Sounds good  archers have massive range advantage and because of who they are half the group will be welcoming.(the other half won't leave their princess)..getting captured may be the best way forward being escorted inot the middle of the desert to die will also be a very bonding experience no doubt. (and there are lots of things of value in a desert if you know what you're looking for--or if your people left it there)

Would prefer to have Sairin's imput before we really settle on a course of action ...but its all sounded very workable

My ons and offs link

Aoife

Sorry eiselmann, but I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say.  Is it possible for you to clarify a little?

Sairin

Quote from: Aoife on February 11, 2012, 09:16:49 PM
I'm loving the idea of a splinter faction.  I hadn't actually thought about siblings for Vitoria, but given the whole drive towards reproduction between married couples, it'd make sense that there would be a large gaggle of children in and around the royal household.

My main thought consists that Victoria is the eldest, followed by a brother near her own age (year or two difference).  This brother is actually in line to inherit, being the first male member of the family.  Deeply and sullenly against his Sister's success and pull with their Father, in spite of his eventual legal ascension to the royal throne, he is seeking her death as a traitor, manufacturing evidence of troop plans and various logistical snarls that could be used to clai she was working to hand the Krytoni battle plans over to the enemy, as well as set up significant losses to Shakou forces. Overall, he seeks the affection from his Father that he resents his sister for possessing, as he would need to deeply discredit her enough to cause his Father himself to demand her capture and summary execution.

Seeing his chance, with her gone from the capital unannounced and moving deeply into Shakou territory, he presented the forged evidence and claimed that even now she was working her master-blow against the Krytoni throne, in a misguided sense of an anti-imperial mindset and the sovereignty of the Shakou state.  Despite their Father's immediate discredit of the motivations, he would eventually be forced by councilors seeded by her Brother to acknowledge the evidence, and at the very least demand her incarceration. Despite reservations, the weight of evidence eventually demands her execution, and he reluctantly signs the edict into effect and cedes the Throne to her brother, citing his deep reservations and heavy heart as time enough to step down. Wasting no time, her brother moves quickly to eliminate any contradictory evidence from the other party, and dispatches a deeply loyal, and passionately zealous unit of Krytoni Adders (internal police) to find and eliminate the 'rogue' Princess.

How it develops from here has all sorts of possibilities.

I like this idea and would roll with it~

eiselmann

Quote from: Aoife on February 11, 2012, 10:49:18 PM
Sorry eiselmann, but I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say.  Is it possible for you to clarify a little?

Ah sorry mis read what you wrote ...you wrote Krytoni Adders...I saw archers....and archers have some massive advantages esp when they are allowed to close in on a group which would be the case if Krytoni troops suddenly showed up.

as for this bit (and there are lots of things of value in a desert if you know what you're looking for--or if your people left it there)

Basically the Shakou would have a very good knowledge of the desert and its almost certain they know where to find water and also where to find supplies(weapons food etc) infact desert or not armies in retreat often have supplies stockpiled in known locations to aid retreating troops

hope that clarifies.

My ons and offs link

TheHangedOne

And of course, the loyal body guard is going to want to have some very strong "words" with this prince, when he gets back, if you know what I mean.  >:)

Loving these ideas, by the way, especially the name of the internal security force. Sadly, I have nothing to contribute yet.

Edit:

Ooh, idea. What happens if the Shakou send some men out to see what's going on? Presumably, this exchange is noticeable, even if they can't make out too many details. They could show up just about at the same time as the Adder, and create a diversion that allows the group to escape. If we want to make it so that both sides are pretty much outcasts from their nations (I Imagine Edgar would be branded a traitor alongside the princess), maybe we could say that the guards that show up are worried that Maude, Alexander, and Sabina are defecting or working out some kind of deal  with Victoria... because, you know, they're on the losing side of the war.

Also, I ramble a lot. Apologies.
Check out my poet tree!

Sairin

This is all sounding good to me~ I'm not in much position to move at the moment though xD

BellaVita

lol Sairin! I just love this RP! It's going so well.. :D

Sairin

Jecht

I'm sorry I haven't posted lately. Been busy with stuff. Ill be reading up and posting in the next couple hours.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Sairin

Aoife

Jecht, seems a little odd from a character perspective.

You do know she's got your sister at swordpoint, right?  A woman that is well known for martial skill and a distinct lack of mercy.

BellaVita

I think now would be the perfect time for Sairin to initiate the ambush..

Jecht

I know but he isn't exactly the brightest and he is hoping they are bluffing or they don't realize he's bluffing
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Aoife

Well, I'm not killing any player characters, that's just ridiculous.  I was just commenting on how odd it seemed.

My action, were this to be 'IC' would be to stab the Princess through the leg and start her bleeding to death. Not mortal, but certainly enough to become mortal if left untreated - forcing the two gents back behind their city walls to get their sister some major medical attention, rather than stand and fight and waste time.  OOC, that's just cruel, given the nature of fun and humor hanging above everything.  It'd be hard to have a lot of sprightly fun with a character who's been critically wounded.

Then again, maybe Victoria just needs a good deal of softening from being such a total hardass all the time.

Jecht

Regardless, it was a bluff and he was hoping to get them to fall for it. Do what you want I didn't think it was that big of a deal.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Aoife

Fair enough, followed out the logic chain.  Thank heavens for le old plot devices!

Sairin

One of you can introduce the ambush. If none of you do, I'll write it in my next post~

eiselmann

HI All just got home from a 16hour day at work...fun...unfortunately I'm off to sleep and then back to work...I won't be able to post for another 20 hours or so..rather than hold things up just have my character follow Alexander(he is after all the shadow of the prince) he'll also most likely ride as close to Sabrina as possible(if you want to know where to place him if our wee group flees)

My ons and offs link

Sairin

BellaVita

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Jecht

Should someone just post? I'm not sure who is needing to post.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

BellaVita

Sairin

I will speak with her soon if she doesn't post~