Three Word Game

Started by lucretia, September 11, 2011, 03:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucretia

This is one of my absolute favorite games to play, and I thought this would be a perfect place to start it. The rules are as follows:

The first person chooses three words, any three words they would like. The person who plays after creates a three sentence or three line poem/prose/whatever using the three words in any order they would like. The words must not change tense, so if the word "attics" is in the three words, you are not allowed to substitute "attic" for it instead. Three sentences/lines only, no more, no less. One word per sentence/line.

Afterward, the second person chooses three words for the next person to create from.

It is a fun, interesting little game to see what someone else comes up with from random thoughts. As an example, I will choose the first three words, write my own passage to it, and choose three words for the next person.

There's obviously no right or wrong, and I love seeing what people come up with since the words I choose often create a picture for me as well. Though this game is wonderful fun when touched with a bit of sexy fun, with it being public, the answers should remain PG-13. I hope you enjoy playing as much as I do!

--

Words: dancing, lathe, focused (The words can be verbs, nouns, adjectives, etc. of any tense. Choosing a wider array can make a more difficult challenge.)

My "answer":

I was so focused on the task at hand I barely looked up at the entrance of whirling music and tapping steps. My dancing sister twirled and sang, and I sighed in jealousy at the talent and beauty I would never have. Otherwise talented hands drew a steady stroke with my lathe against the wood, working itself into her rhythm with a curious ease and I smiled at delicate curls of wood swirled up, their color and shape almost matched the bounce of her long, blonde locks.

New words: stooped, elegant, corrosive
"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." --Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Ons &Offs

Belle33

I'll give this a shot..

The celebrity stooped to avoid the paparazzi

Her elegant gown covered in gems, shinning brightly

A stark contrast to the corrosive marriage she was desperate to escape. 

(is that about right?)

silver, aching, please

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

lucretia

Absolutely. :) Thanks so much for giving it a go.

She whispered in almost intoxicating cadence, the word making the shape of her mouth pout and sweeten, "Please?" The silver glint in her eye was wicked and I sighed, knowing I had no choice but to concede. I handed over the last of the brownies, aching as I did, muttering, "You owe me big."

grave, care, floozy
"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." --Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Ons &Offs

Mordred

Once upon a time, there was this barbarian who found himself in quite a grave situation. It seemed the mysterious creature he met under the bright silvery moon had but one care as she whispered her dark, enchanting spell upon his soul. Sadly, it turned out this enchanting floozy was only interested in altering the very blood that kept him alive.

doodle, chaotic, pinball
*See Pillory*

elone

The bar erupted into a melee when the biker was thrown into the pinball machine. Beer bottles were flying along with fists as a totally chaotic situation ensued. As for me, I just sat at my table and continued to doodle as always.

chicken, envious, hatrack
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Mordred

I grabbed my fork and knife, ready to dig into my chicken dinner. Much to my surprise, the little critter jumped up from the plate, spouting on about being envious of my soon to be fed belly. I was having none of this nonsense as I flung the stubborn fowl at a nearby hatrack!

spectacle, tiramisu, universe
*See Pillory*

Anesa

After falling off the mechanical bull, my skirt flying up over my arse revealing my "Holstein print" undies, I had totally made a spectacle of myself.  I flagged down a taxi outside the club and asked the cab driver to take me to "Willy's Cafe" just a few miles away, thinking I could order up a tiramisu to somehow make myself feel better.  His desserts were only the best in the whole universe!

skedaddle, dimples, canvas

(I hope I did this right!) 

Mordred

(I'm wondering the same thing.. :P.. about my own.. but it seems we're all doing it correctly.. I think! :)..)

As the little raindrops made their way down through the atmosphere, one decided to skedaddle from the group, being the little renegade that he was. Down he sped, aiming for what he spied as the most adorable set of dimples imaginable. Ah but sadly, just as he was about to plop himself into a heavenly indentation, a canvas umbrella was suddenly opened, blocking his path.

kerfuffle, wafer, porcupine
*See Pillory*

Anesa

After seeing all the flashing lights and skirmishing neighbors, I headed on down to the end of my block to see what the kerfuffle was all about.  I had just about finished my dinner when I heard the sirens going off, so I grabbed my last wafer and started toward all the commotion.  There in the midst of people gathered was a frazzled porcupine, it's quills all ruffled and angered, ready to nab anyone who dared to get closer!

buffoonery, midnight, corsage

Mordred

There is a magical instant as dusk starts to settle over the land, when the woodfolk emerge from the trees, to wreak their buffoonery under the darkening sky. The dream of these imps is to remain under the stars as midnight approaches. Sadly, however, the beautiful little girl with the bright pink corsage always comes skipping along, sending the skittish creatures back into their hidden realm.

thimble, rivulet, playfullness
*See Pillory*

Anesa

The cowgirl had been riding her horse Clyde for several long days over the dusty prairie and she was desperate for just a thimble of anything cool and wet to soothe her parched, lips.  Up ahead, there awaited a rivulet, it's blue waters churning quickly over large rocks and small pebbles.  Clyde was apparently happy to see the brook, his prancing playfulness giving the cowgirl a soft giggle as they both frolicked in the icy water.

jammed, tributary,  falsehood

Mordred

Okay, so this morning I jammed my thumb as I slammed the front door. I was in a hurry to make my last tributary to our kind dictator, on my way to work. What, you think this is some elaborate falsehood?

Vapors, pigeon, conditioner
*See Pillory*

Belle33

She walked through the dense vapors clouding the street on the hottest day of the summer, happy to be nearing the doorstep after working a double shift.  A grin broke through the fog of her thoughts as she imagined him trying to recreate her mother's recipe for pigeon peas and rice.  It graduated to a full smile when she finally made it home to her beloved air conditioner and her handy husband, wondering to herself with a chuckle if those adjectives should be flipped around.......nah.

[totally legit... my mom cooked arroz con gandules (aka pigeon peas and rice) all the time when I was growing up...yummms!]

feather, elite, pinprick

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Mordred

I wonder if one was reduced to the size of a flake of dust, how amazing the act of climbing the fibers of a feather would be. Would it give the minute being a sense of belonging to the elite? Ah but with such a tiny stature, I fear the normally soft particles give a pinprick upon the palm.

supernova, vodka, grasshopper
*See Pillory*

Anesa

When I first looked up in the night sky and saw the image, I thought it might be a supernova, but thought perhaps it was just the after affects of the tonic I had been drinking earlier.  Vodka had it's way of making me see crazy things sometimes. Once, after having a few too many "Slow Screws", I saw a kangaroo on some animal channel on television and made some offhand remark about the "humongous damn grasshopper!"!  :D

chiseled,  duckling, syringing

Mordred

As the sculpture came to life, down it peered into the water's reflection, noticing it's chiseled perfection. This moment, however, was disturbed as a duckling came quacking in disbelief at the living stone. As if that wasn't bad enough, the moment became even more clouded by a couple of syringing druggies that decided to jump into the pond fully clothed.

basement, honeymoon, surfboard
*See Pillory*

Anesa

Having finished up her fall cleaning, she gathered the box of things labeled "Yard Sale" and headed down into the basement to store them until the time of the sale.  One of the items was an old shell collection that she had gathered at the beach while she and her husband were on their honeymoon several years ago.  She laughed when she looked over at the surfboard still leaning up against the far wall, remembering how many times her husband had "wiped out" trying to surf!

martyr, rhapsody, dishwasher

Mordred

The mad old composer was indeed a martyr for his craft. As he completed his final masterpiece, the maestro fell back in rhapsody, giggling manically as he pointed to a distant star, claiming it as his home world. Rumor has it he now works as a dishwasher at the local Denny's, going by the name Ernie.

skyscraper, shuttlecock, tadpole
*See Pillory*

Anesa

As she stood on the observation deck of the giant skyscraper, she peered down to the hustle and bustle of people on the busy street.  It was odd seeing a game of a badminton being played in the middle of the traffic, the neon shuttlecock being batted back and forth endlessly.  Each person looked no bigger than a tadpole as she watched from high above.

rambunctious, tutu, rattlesnake

Sybl

Camille was a little rambunctious today. She forgot to remove her tutu after ballet class. She went to get on her horse, which was more frightened than the rattlesnake and tried to get away.

pickles, poppycock, marshmallow

Mordred

Don't you just love it when pickles are sour?
Or do you say poppycock, preferring a flower?
In case that is true, then let me ask you,
How about a marshmallow doused in a flame shower?

gnome, dandruff, android
*See Pillory*

Anesa

Many would laugh and call him a gnome
Although he had no dandruff upon his dome
But neither an android
or one skanky humanoid
Would loan him a brush or a comb

famous, symphony, corset

Mordred

There once was a famous fish called Frank.
Who ran a finned symphony from his tank.
Squeezed in corset very tight,
Swimming with all his might,
When not composing, all he wanted was a wank.

fetish, archaeology, slinky
*See Pillory*

Sybl

My fetish to you may be beyond bazaar.
Certain aspects may be found in archaeology, believe it or not.
If you look at the toy slinky, you might think I am rather kinky. :P

caramel, wood, dirt

Mordred

There's a little trick involving caramel that I don't think this vampire will ever choose to test. Supposedly if jabbed with a shard of wood, which would normally usher in the start of my demise, the sweet little morsel acts as a gooey defense in some strange an unpredictable way. Honestly, though, I believe I'd rather dive into a plot of dirt for a decade or so before trying out that strange little myth.

chainmail, asteroid, horseradish
*See Pillory*