Sudden Crashes

Started by Sybl, August 02, 2011, 04:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sybl

I have had this computer less than a year. In less than a month it has crashed 3 times. I have no idea why it is crashing. The only thing I had on was google docs and E.

The screen went black, then blue, I tried reading what was on the blue screen but it changed back to the boot page so fast.

My diagnostics says everything is fine. Any Ideas?

Vekseid

Which OS are you using?

Open up your system control panel (can right click on My Computer and Select Properties, may have to click on Advanced System Settings), go to the Advanced Tab, then click on startup and recovery. Uncheck 'automatically restart' or whatever it ends up being named to autorestart on BSOD. Then during the next crash, write down the details and post them.

Sybl

Quote from: Vekseid on August 02, 2011, 10:25:04 PM
Which OS are you using?

Open up your system control panel (can right click on My Computer and Select Properties, may have to click on Advanced System Settings), go to the Advanced Tab, then click on startup and recovery. Uncheck 'automatically restart' or whatever it ends up being named to autorestart on BSOD. Then during the next crash, write down the details and post them.

Windows7 Home Premium

Vekseid

Then you can right click on the computer menu in the orb/start menu and select properties and follow those same instructions.

Sybl

I did, thank you Veks :-)

Sybl

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   BlueScreen
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:   24
  BCP1:   00000000001904FB
  BCP2:   FFFFF88007223D08
  BCP3:   FFFFF88007223560