One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophidian

Shie squeezed his hand as they got comfortable, the rays of sun warming her hands and legs. "I don't know why. We're no more different than the rest of them." Sighing, she rested back in the chair, closing her eyes after a moment. "All the attention makes me tired."
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

"Maybe we just need to get away for a little while, take a break, let someone else take the reigns for a while so we can have some time out and relax"

He kissed her forehead and looked at her while she had her eyes closed, she looked cute, he had watched her as she slept a few times when they had shared a room, she looked as beautiful asleep the same as she did when she was awake, it made his heart fly and his head spin, she was perfect, caring, smart, beautiful.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

Sensing his gaze on her, she peeked and eye opened and blushed. "Why are you staring at me?"

She shifted so she sat up straighter, leaning forward to gaze outside at the setting sun. The sky had turned pink now, with rays of orange and red cutting across. No clouds were in sight, and hadn't been for days. She almost worried that there'd be little rain this year.

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Smiling, Lièrén looked away quickly and blushed a little himself

"Was just watching you because you're so beautiful"

He looked out and up at the sky, it was perfect, the blend of colours would have made a great painting.

"It sure is a nice night tonight, not a cloud around to ruin it"

Sophidian

With a smile accompanying her blush, she motioned outside. "It has to rain sooner or later though. The plants need it. We can only water so much." A shrug, then another smile. "But for tonight, you're right. It is perfect."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

"I didn't think about that, yeah, maybe it should rain soon, help out with the plants and such, it has been exceptionally dry recently"

He looked up at the cloudless sky, almost wishing he could create clouds out of thin air to help out with the drought they were close to having.

"What do you think we should do tomorrow? Sleep in and take it easy, or get started on asking people about the teaching?"

Then he remembered

"Damn, I have that trip tomorrow, with your cousin to town, maybe I should put that off for now, get some of the teaching started up instead?"

Sophidian

"You go on your trip. I'll deal with the townsfolk. I can do things like this on my own." Smiling over, she shook her head. "Don't be afraid of Bei. He's just gruff. He's really quite nice once he gets to know you."

She paused, then began to laugh. "Like a wild dog."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He laughed at that

"I'm sure once I get to know him he is a barrel of laughs, I don't know, I want to go on this trip, but at the same time I just want to stay put and do something locally, I could still buy horses and such for the village so that Bei can do his farming along with the rest of the local farmers and the other villagers can always visit towns as well, either way trade would be brought to the village, it's just working the villagers into bringing it back with them"

"Maybe while I am teaching here, if there are horses that can be used to pull carts to towns, some of the villagers could become tradesmen and can bring back stuff from towns, bringing trade back with them, they just need some sort of incentive, otherwise they will never do anything other than drink themselves into a grave"

Sophidian

Thinking it over, she nodded. "That sounds like a plan. They'd probably enjoy traveling. Living your whole life here can be weary."

She let the last rays fall from the window ledge before sighing. "There goes the warmth."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén sighed with her as the sun sank beneath the skyline and darkness descended upon them.

"It was nice while it lasted, we could spend some more time up here if you like? Before we have to go and help the good people get drunk out of their skulls"

Sophidian

"I'd prefer staying up here, I think." She yawned and turned to him. "I hope you don't usually sleep on that arm. Otherwise, it may be hard for you to rest." She glanced to the bed, cheeks tinging again with private thoughts. "I could try to arrange something to make it more comfortable..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén noticed her look over to the bed and then he saw the slight blush in her cheeks, he wondered what she was thinking, he wished he could read her mind.

"If you think it can help, then I say let's go for it"

He smiled to her and blushed a little himself, wondering if he was on the same train of thought as her.

Sophidian

"Maybe some extra pillows? Or blankets? I'm not sure if cushioning would even help it." She stood and moved over to him, leaning down before him to try and assess the damage. "Hmm... If you could adjust to laying on the other side, it would solve everything, but I know that if I was asked to change my sleeping pattern, I'd be unable to sleep!"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded

"Sounds like a good idea, I can always learn to sleep on my back and my good arm, it would be difficult at first, but I can soon adjust"

He moved over to the bed and laid down on his back, seeing how it felt for when he could fall asleep, it felt strange, he was used to sleeping on his side, but he could soon adjust to it if he needed too.

"Care to join me hun?"

Sophidian

"Just for a little while." She moved over, slipping into the bed on the side of his good arm. Adjusting herself, she laid her head on the pillow beside him and stretched out her legs. "I think my father gave you the more comfortable bed. Mine feels like straw now. Maybe it's from the years of me jumping on it."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled and turned to lay on his good arm so he could face her.

"Maybe we could sleep in this room tonight, if you wanted too that is"

He blushed a little as he asked her.

Sophidian

"That sounds marvelous."

She curled against him for a few long moments, letting the night fall around them before the inn opened. She closed her eyes, breathing in the crisp sent of the night air before sneezing. Taking another sniff, she knew she had to be going insane. She couldn't have smelled smoke.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén snuggled up against her and didn't want the inn to open for business, he wanted to just fall asleep next to her, but alas the moment would come, they would have to go downstairs and open the inn for the villagers, he looked and saw that Shie was frowning.

"What's the matter? Something wrong? I can move over a bit if you need me too"

Sophidian

She shook her head. "It's not you. You're fine. Just not wanting to go downstairs." With a small laugh, she reached up and patted his cheek. "You get to sleep. I can handle the inn alone. If you can rest, I want you to. Especially after what happened today."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

"Are you sure, I really can come down and help if you need it"

He wanted to be of use around the inn, not just confined because of his arm

"I can work behind the bar if you like? Getting trays ready and filling glasses"

Sophidian

"No." Shie shook her head. "You stay here. You relax. I'd just feel bad if I saw you working. I can handle it." She leaned down and placed a kiss on his forehead. "Okay?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded and laid back regretfully

"Ok, for you, but if you need me at all, let me know and I will be straight down"

He caught her lips with his and kissed her, then he watched her as she went out of the room so that she could open the inn, he tried to make himself comfortable.

Sophidian

With a smile, she moved downstairs, refusing to let the people affect her as they prodded. Every time she cooked or picked up a drink, she would glance upstairs and think about whether or not he was alright. After the third or fourth time, she took a seat and began to ponder the rest of the night. What was that sulfur smell? And the smoke?

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén managed to eventually get comfy and he was soon asleep, not aware that somewhere in the inn, the smell of sulphur and smoke was wafting through the downstairs area.

Sophidian

Sniffling because of the pungent odors, she ushered the rest of the stragglers out and shut the door behind them. An overabundance of dishes loomed before her. With a deep sigh, she hoisted a bucket onto her hip and made her way out the door.

She took a total of four steps before noticing that the blackened grass had spread. And the smell was even stronger outside.

-- Anton Chekhov