Eversnow: The Curse of the Ice King

Started by Darkmoon, February 16, 2014, 08:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

NEW: Out of Character thread added 3/21/2014
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=199748.0

This original fantasy role-play is based around the concept of a chilly, high fantasy landscape known as Eversnow, an empire of broken kingdoms once beautiful and prosperous, now overrun by legions of orcs, men, and corrupt high elves, all loyal and in fear of a malevolent Ice King. The Ice King, a once heroic warrior and prince sent to rescue his sister from a powerful and beautiful Ice Witch, has long since fallen to her corrupting influence and risen as a masculine figurehead to abide by her whispers and rule the broken lands. A curse of snow and ice, expanding from the corruption of his once good heart, has spidered out and consumed the lands in a seemingly endless winter, killing crops, stirring up raiding and war for food stores, and inviting cannibalism in the dark corners of Eversnow.

As the old, innocent denizens of this land struggle to survive, the varied old kingdoms that exist in this frozen empire have struggled to find ways to appease or defeat the Ice King. Some have attempted war outright, with armies ending up frozen or devoured in the icy mountains. Others have offered him brides, of whom nothing has been heard since. Meanwhile, the mystery of what lies within the Mount Volcan Fortress since the Ice King made it his home is unknown, along with who might still be alive in its dungeons.

This is a group role-play, with expectations of good writing consisting of a minimum of two paragraphs. Players are expected to contribute at least once a week or to kindly notify me if they will not be available, otherwise their characters may have to be guided as non-fatally as possible until they are available, or removed from the scene (by non-violent means) until they are available once again.

Suggested character roles are as follows (key roles will be played by GM if there is no player interest):
Note: Other character ideas than those listed are welcome.

The Ice King: <taken by Darkmoon> Formerly Ivan Agnost, prince of Aranthia, a now frozen city. Rules at Mount Volcan. A mostly dominant, ruthless, non-consensually-driven being whose shreds of humanity and warmth are mere embers at his core, perhaps one day to be rekindled.
The Snow Witch:<Available> Self-titled Snow Queen, driven by her own lusts and devices, with ice and water elemental sorcerous power and the ability to corrupt. A dominant personality type, with malevolent motivations.
The Captive Princess: <taken by Joslyn> The sister of Ivan, captive of the Snow Witch. The Ice King allows his trusted Snow Queen to keep her captive for her own benefit. She is fair and young.
Orc Chief: Chief of the Orc <taken by Vaulera - actions/description may differ from what follows> Legion, who takes great pleasure in playing with the female captives of the Ice King. He should be fond of group sex, non-consensual behavior, and light violence. This is a figure to be feared, brutal and large. Resides at Mount Volcan when not sent out to lead raids.
The Golgothan <NPC>: A gargantuan half-giant brute, non-consensual, to whom captives are thrown to be finished off. For size fetishists. Is chained in the dungeons of Mount Volcan, and answers only to the Snow Queen, whom it is believed is his mother.
The Courtier <taken by Shjade>: foreign envoy with her own agenda in the Fortress
The Swordsman: <taken by Ontan> Original character.
The Queen's Guardian: <taken by Drake Valentine> A savage hunter and infinitely loyal fighter.
Other suggestions:
Hero - Someone to attempt to defeat the Ice King, or rescue captives.
Heroine - Same as Hero.
Offering <taken by CarnivorousBunny> - A female sacrifice, sent to appease the King for the safety or restoration of certain lands owned by fathers, kings, queens, or otherwise.
Captive  - An existing captive in the Mount Volcan dungeon, likely to be familiar with non-consensual relations with the monsters within.
The King's Guard <taken by Kekec> - A raw and twisted loyalist.
The Snow Elf Rebel Leader <taken by Melange>: the primary figure at the forefront of Snow Elf rebellion, which is very limited in capacity at the beginning.
The Avenger <taken by Molotov>: a pirate from faraway lands, seeking vengeance for one of the Ice King's conquests.
The Firebrand <taken by Jecter>: a fire wielder from the Osirion sands

Plot: I largely like to leave plot to develop naturally among characters, as they develop. Let your creativity blossom here. Some plots I personally might pursue as GM:

• The Rekindling of Ivan Agnost - long term plot to have Ivan reattain his identity and independence from the influence of the Snow Queen by having a female character reawaken his humanity. This may be his ultimate salvation or his damnation.
  • The Snow Elf Revolt -- The High Elves that fell into service of the Ice King, now Snow Elves by name and a corruption of their appearance, have had a reawakening in guilt at the murder of many of their own, and seek to free themselves of the Snow Queen's influence. This may lead to great strife among the Snow Elves and Orcs, and invite complicated relations between elves and elves.

GM Style: I enjoy painting a world and NPCs for players, so I will take a very D&D style game master responsibility for this setting. If you want to travel somewhere, I will describe the experiences you encounter while giving you as much freedom as possible to paint your own experience. If you want to add a location or add new NPCs, just contact me and I will work with you to accomodate your needs. As always, the GM has final say, to ensure the game runs smoothly.

GM Philosophy: I want you to daydream about this setting and look forward to your next post. I want you to have a great, fun, fulfilling and mature experience.

Locations: Specific locations include but are not limited to:

• Mount Volcan Fortress -- near the summit of a jagged, dormant volcano covered with ice spires
  • Devil's Bridge Mead Hall -- at the base of Mount Volcan, on the mountain side of the jagged obsidian bridge crossing Devil's Gap. A dangerous, ancient mead hall that has been overrun by orcs loyal to the Ice King. An armed encampment surrounds and many that attempt to reach Mount Volcan never make it past the Hall and being fodder for orcish pleasures.
  • Aranthia, Summer Glen Inn -- On the outskirts of the frozen city of Aranthia, where men and women are frozen like statues in streets glazed with blue ice. The Inn was built by rebels and is sustained by hot springs in grottos beneath the log walls. Few visit the inn given its proximity to Mount Volcan, which struggles to survive by paying taxes to the Ice King.

Character death: There is the risk of character death, dismemberment, transformation, etc. This is a game, and there will be dice rolling to determine outcomes. This is a largely free form RP, and as GM, I do not want anyone to lose their characters, but if players force situations where violence exists, chance will dictate the outcome. Typically a single 20 sided die roll for most scenarios, with advantages or disadvantages being dictated prior to the roll. GM has final say, but does not have a desire to permanently change anyone's character for the worse if it can be avoided.

Sexual Elements: While there are characters centered around Mount Volcan that have arguably evil, non-consensual tastes, this story is not meant to be entirely focused around that. Romantic and consensual elements, to downright vanilla behavior is encouraged. A diverse crowd is ideal, and as GM I take everyone's limits and tastes into account.

This thread is open for discussion, questions and character sheet submissions. If you have a character in mind, don't hesitate to describe it here as an application or send me a PM with any private questions you might have.

AribethAmkiir

This has piqued my curiosity.

A few questions: with proposed characters being scattered all over the setting: Mount Volcan; dungeons; the Mead Hall; the Inn; and the starting point; is it more than likely that players will only have one or two other players to post with along with NPCs?

Any idea how the game will start?  I'm sure this depends largely on what type of character applications you receive, but will the hero/heroine begin the game alone and need to find allies?  Or will they have already formed a group?  Or is the game going to start with a daring raid to rescue the captives?

Is there only to be 1 hero and 1 heroine?

Darkmoon

Hi AribethAmkiir,

Thank you for your interest! The proximity of these locations is close enough to justify a travel "duration" of one post, although this is relatively loose and can be skipped if desired. Number of players at any given location depends on what characters want to play, so the number may meet or exceed what you've described. The number of NPCs to interact with will be at least one per location at any given time, under normal circumstances. Adventures, quests, and independent travel will be accomodated by GM description of new areas, encounters, and items found.

Group make-up can be decided ahead of time if players are in a like scenario. I will help orchestrate that as players join.

Each player starts where they choose, depending on their character. NPC interaction will be readily available if there are no other players available, and a player can theoretically start RPing as soon as the character is approved and the IC thread is created.

There is no limit on any character type other than in character limits. Example: there can only be one Orc Chief. Character roles are not limited to what I've suggested, but I will be suggesting more to help inspire.

Joslyn

I'd be interested in the role of the captive princess. My basic idea is for a bookish but compassionate girl who is highly talented when it comes to healing magic. She finds violence to be abhorrent and has possibly been coerced into using her magic to heal the Ice King's soldiers--threatening to murder a captive in front of the princess would be enough to compel her obedience.

Her major goals would be trying to convince her brother and the Snow Queen to abandon their evil ways, or failing that to at least be less brutal as rulers. If whoever ends up playing the Snow Queen is amenable, I could see her and the princess having a sexual relationship and trying to manipulate each other into being less corrupt and more corrupt respectively. The princess would be a lesbian and have submissive tendencies, but I'd be open to having her do NC scenes with male characters.

If all this sounds acceptable, let me know and I'll work out her character in more detail.  :-)

Joslyn

So hopefully I'm not jumping the gun here, but I couldn't resist going ahead with the character sheet for my idea. I kept some things a bit vague since I don't know much yet about the Ice King or Snow Witch, and also how well the princess is being treated in her captivity. Also since this seems to be one of those quasi-medieval settings I was wondering how people on the LBGT spectrum are treated (especially in her home country)?

Name: Princess Anna Agnost
Sex: Female
Height: 5’4”
Weight: 115 lbs.

Appearance:

Anna is a slender, fair-skinned young woman of very delicate beauty. Her time as a captive has left her long brunette hair somewhat unruly, and one can often see sadness and exhaustion in her striking brown eyes. While she is capable of faking a commanding presence suitable to royalty, left to her own devices she is more withdrawn. Day-to-day she normally dresses in threadbare peasant clothes, or heavier outfits of fur if she has to go into the colder areas of the fortress. She only bothers to dress formally and properly tend to her hair and make-up if pressured to do so by her captors.

Personality:

Anna’s most obvious traits are her compassion and her intense intellectual curiosity. She is driven to help those around her and hates to see suffering. While she believes that it is sometimes necessary to use violence to protect the innocent, on a personal level she cannot stand the thought of harming others. She is easily coerced by threats to kill other captives, though even this will not overcome her nonviolence.

Her greatest obsession is healing magic. Even though she has all her commonly used spells memorized, her spell book is rarely far from her grasp. What free time she has is usually spent in study or working through complex magical formulas to create new spells. She also likes reading up on less challenging subjects to relieve stress.

Before her capture Anna was socially awkward but easily excitable, and prone to babble about spellcasting and other topics of interest to her. While she can still act this way, more often lately she feels despondent or frightened. She can be timid at times, but she is also very resilient and has proven extremely difficult to corrupt. The young mage is a lesbian and has submissive tendencies.

Background:

Princess Anna was unusually intelligent and inquisitive as a child, and from the time she learned to read it was her favorite hobby. Despite her shyness she was also a little tomboyish, and prone to wander all over the castle she was raised in. She did reasonably well with her formal duties and the social graces, but always resented these tasks as frightfully dull. She looked up to her older brother Ivan, and often wanted to participate in his activities even though they were not age-appropriate.

When she was seven years old, Anna witnessed her handmaiden suffering a fall that resulted in a broken leg. Seeing a healer magically treat the injury inspired the princess to want that same ability. Fortunately she had access to the best instructors in the land and parents willing to indulge her interest. Anna cast her first spell at thirteen years of age, several years earlier than typical apprentice mages.

Some time ago, Anna was kidnapped by minions of the Snow Queen. Since then she has been forced to witness the devastation that has been wrought on the land and the corruption of her brother. Despite how hopeless it seems, she has tried to dissuade her brother and the mysterious witch from causing so much suffering and death.

Abilities:

Though her only exceptional skill is as a healing mage, there are a number of subjects where Anna is reasonably competent and knowledgeable including: Customs of the nobility, horseback riding, swimming, archery, magical principles in other disciplines, mundane first aid, history, politics, and philosophy.

Healing Magic

How taxing Anna’s spells are depends on how quickly they take effect and how extensive and life-threatening a condition is. Casting a spell to cause a patient to gradually recover from a disease over a day is a negligible strain, but altering that spell so the effect is almost instant would exhaust her and leave her unable to cast for a time. In theory she could endanger her own life with too many spells like this. If she paces herself and sticks to gradual effects she can help around eighty people in a day—less if there are a lot of severe injuries.

Enchanted Spell Book: Anna’s spell book is small and only a hundred pages long, but thousands of pages of spells, articles, and notes can be called up—she simply has to hold the book and say a spell name or title for it to appear when she opens it. For anyone but Anna, the pages stay blank and powerful magic would be required to force this item to divulge its contents.

Types of Spells:

Reading Auras: These spells help her determine what ailments a patient suffers from, if this is not immediately apparent.

Healing Wounds: There are many different spells for various kinds of injuries—cuts, broken bones, burns, frostbite (common lately), internal organ damage, reattaching limbs, etc. Regenerating a limb is a process of weeks or months that requires daily spells.

Curing Diseases and Poisons: There are dozen and dozens of spells for different ailments. Supernatural afflictions are more difficult to treat.

Sustenance: Anna can greatly reduce the need of herself or another person for food and water. She can also prevent necrosis of tissue.

Enhancement: Spells that reduce fatigue, temporarily increase strength, or improve resistance to injury.

Pain Management: For reducing pain and/or helping someone fall asleep. Could potentially be used offensively to knock someone out with a touch, but this would be taxing.

Transfer Energy: If Anna is low on magical energy she can take some life force by touch to bolster her spellcasting. This leaves the subject feeling exhausted for mild uses. This skill is necromantic and has the potential to cause harm if not used carefully.

Darkmoon

Joslyn,

Anna is a well thought out and fitting character for this setting, and I appreciate that you took the time to give her such a detailed subscription. The role is yours.

Tsunami

I wouldn't mind joining.. Thinking hero that okay
To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

Countdown0

So, this looks awesome.

I have an idea for a character, so let me know if it fits: a half-elf (human father, high elf mother) warrior who was broken down and effectively 'mind controlled' by the Snow Queen. Rather than using an orc or some monster for this role, he can fit in better among humans or elves. While he's not technically 'mind controlled', he's been brained washed to the point of believing that the Snow Queen is the only person in the world that he can trust, partly through magic, and partly though other, less subtle means. Its possible that he could be redeemed, though the depth of control that the Snow Queen would have over him would be great.

Let me know if that concept fits, and I'll put together a character sheet if it does. :D
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Kekec

Could the Ice King have a personal guard? If so, I'd like to play a sadistic, sociopathic character whose state of mind wasn't the result of corruption, but rather a natural proclivity.

CarnivorousBunny

So I still cannot decide if I want to play the sacrifice or a heroine, so I'm just going to make a pitch for both and see which one you like better.  All of these are more or less ideas, nothing is really set in stone.

Heroine:
This character will be driven by some sort of promise or pact to restore honour to her kind or to rescue a loved one.  A tragic event brought by a surprise attack by the Ice Queen's goons is the biggest possibility to bring on either option.
She would have grown in a small nomadic clan of elves that would have been labelled as scavengers/pillagers but would self identify as gypsies and guerrilla fighters.
Personality: Dutiful, creative, empathic, stubborn, arrogant and unforgiving.
Race: Snow Elf
Class: Warrior
Alignment: Lawful Good
Specialties: Sword fighting, navigation, and survival skills.
Weaknesses: Magic and following orders.
What do snow elves look like? O_O

Sacrifice:
This character may or may not have volunteered herself as a sacrifice.  Regardless she would have come from a good family and is well-educated but soft.  Her family is the most important thing to her so she would have become a sacrifice for their benefit without (voicing out) any complaints.
I would also like this character to have a (possibly misguided) plan to try and kill the Ice King by herself.
Personality: Strong-willed, curious, repressed, observant, charming, reckless and self-sacrificing
Race: Human
Class: Bard
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Specialties: Performing is a given.  Inducing frenzies and making her targets drowsy would be her strongest abilities.
Weaknesses: Other than her lack of battle know-how her curiosity and impulses will be her downfall.
Potential Picture:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Tsunami

So how about the bastard brother of Ivan... Who has tried to fix his brothers wrongs

VonDoom

This sounds quite intriguing. As I'm a fan of evil manipulative characters, I am considering the Snow Queen/Witch, but before I commit to a game like this I'll have to re-examine my timetable. It's obvious that this is a game that a lot of passion has been invested in and I wouldn't want to disappoint, if it turns out I can't handle another group game after all. I'll mull it over and if the slot's still free once I have my priorities straight, I'll see about submitting a writeup.

Some pictures I might use for inspiration:

Perhaps not very sexy as an image, but could be workable if enough delicious, sexy evil is added to the mix.

Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Hazel

Would be interested in playing the orc chief or The Golgothan. ~Snip~ Didn't catch that on the first read through for some reason.

Shjade

I had an idea for a character that doesn't quite fit one of the listed suggestions. Figured I'd just post it 'cause, heck, why not. The framework of her involvement in the story sorta depends on whether the Ice King and/or Snow Witch would accept her proposition, which obviously I don't know for sure, so there's that. ;p

Name: Nikita Dubashi
Sex: Female
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 138 lbs.

Background:

As overcrowded as her native region was, young Nikita learned early that one must struggle if one wishes to survive, even among the nobility. Perhaps especially among the nobility. True, she was not in a position where she needed to fight for scraps to survive day to day, but even as a child Nikita knew the harsh conversations between her family and others had greater importance than simple talk, even if she could not yet comprehend the concepts of politics. Her father was forced to do things he would regret all his life, shadows that would keep him on their balcony throughout the night in silent conversation with the moon. On occasion Nikita joined him there. He would lift her into his arms as though she was no weight at all and hold her there, the two of them watching the stars together. That he could execute so precisely that which he had no desire to do was among the many lessons her father taught Nikita, as was his reason for completing these things.

When the day came, Nikita returned her father's familial dedication in kind. Diplomatic relations with one of their more distant allies were breaking down; an envoy was needed, some way to cement what was beginning to break down. Nikita volunteered before the elders could even finish consulting over nominees: she would go and speak with the prince. She would find a way to make this right. It was not a sense of national pride that pushed her so; succeeding at such an integral task would buoy her family's status immensely, provide her father with options beyond the cutthroat variety available to him at present, give her younger brothers the leverage they would need to elevate their positions in the hierarchy without violence. It was the best she could offer them.

Unfortunately, other difficulties arose.

In truth Nikita only had time to meet with the prince once, an official greeting upon her arrival - an audience, little more - before his sister was abducted and the prince himself dispatched to her rescue. Without the prince in court, and, more importantly, with this curse of cold taking priority over other pursuits, she saw little choice. She would have to follow.

Not as a warrior, though she had that ability. Not as an assassin, though there were murmurs suggesting some might approve of such an option. She would go and be what she had intended to be: a representative of her people's interests; a courtier. She presented herself at Mount Volcan fortress not as an aggressor or hero come to break down the Ice King's growing kingdom, but as a protector, to the king as much as to his sister. She would stand at his side, act as his sword, if only for that opportunity to be present. One cannot enact change at a distance from so great a threat; one must act upon it directly, execute precisely, even when one would rather not do what one must do to succeed.

Appearance:

Nikita, though tall for a woman among her people, is hardly imposing. She wears her black hair long, usually braided or simply bound, only held up tight when expecting combat conditions. Her skin is an earthy tan, eyes a dark brown - indeed, everything about her could be described as "grounded" in a sense, from her often inscrutable calm to the pragmatic condition of fitness she maintains: not overmuch emphasis on strength, enough to remain effective, even in these often harsh conditions.

Time spent in the witch's domain has not been kind, though perhaps less so for her than the base captives she sees day to day. It's rare to see her without some bruising somewhere these days, chafing here, a healing cut there, but it could be much worse than it is. So she tells herself. Despite the whimsy of the witch and king's decisions regarding how much or little she may be permitted to wear on a given day's duty Nikita has maintained much of her steadfast presence, refusing to let herself be worn down when she knows that is the goal. Even so, the stress is there, fraying around the edges of her eyes, turning her shoulders to stone.

Other details:

Nikita was raised by a family deeply invested in her homeland's military. Her father, an officer of some note, made sure she was trained in martial combat, though only assisting in the education rarely himself. She knows her way around a swordfight and a tactician's maps, though lacks much battlefield experience outside of small skirmishes and personal combat. She brought her armor and blade with her to Mount Volcan, though her access to these items is only granted at the permission of either the king or witch. In all her time at the fortress she has made no effort to harm, or even truly resist, the efforts of those who reside in it and, as such, is more often granted her personal effects than she had been at first, though it is by no means guaranteed.

While her goals may be counter to those of the witch, Nikita is no master manipulator. She is fairly plain about her intentions and how she means to go about accomplishing them, her hope being to be tolerated as a kind of entertainment, a challenge to be overcome, and thereby given time to act as the king's anchor in returning him to the prince she needs him to be. Where others hope to succeed with trickery, force, wiles and secrets, she chooses to try honesty and reason. It could hardly be any worse a plan than the others, could it?

As one may expect of a noble, Nikita is well educated, well-spoken and familiar with the care and riding of horses, arts, music, dance and the like.

She's a little hard to categorize by the listing in the OP. Sort of a heroine, but not really; kind of a captive, but not exactly. I thought she might be a kind of foil to the various monsters and bastards surrounding the Ice King, a voice of reason who none the less stands among his swords. Possibly a source of comfort for the princess on the really bad days, if they're allowed to see one another at least.

*shrugs* Anyway, just putting that out there. ^.^
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Darkmoon

Shjade: Nikita is a well defined and very fitting character for this setting, and I am enthusiastic about her presence in the game. I appreciate such a well thought out and nuanced character and you have a set place in this role-play if you want it. I'm adding you to the list. :) as

Charles:I'm going to reserve the Golgothan as an NPC, but the orc chief is available. I just need a character sheet with a basic description. Please use the description as an example of your writing abilities.

Tsunami:A bastard brother to Ivan would be a good fit. Please submit a character sheet to this thread. Since you are family, you would know that Ivan's father is Erik Agnost, "the Great", a well beloved king that brought warring noble families in Aranthia together and helped to drive off the orcish hordes. Among orcs, Erik was respected as a martial leader and fierce fighter, even while hated as the enemy. Erik was frozen and remains in the ice-crusted palace, and when asked of his condition, the ice queen often assures others in his place that they exist in perpetual peace and comfort, never answering whether they are alive or dead. Erik might have a bastard child or two at most, not known as a pleasure seeker but an honorable and dutiful ruler.

Carnivorous Bunny: I like both characters. As always with role-playing, you must play who you feel compelled to play and can play well. Let me know when you've picked.

Kekec: There is a place for a personal guard. Let me know what you have in mind and submit a character sheet.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Countdown0 on February 19, 2014, 06:39:44 AM
So, this looks awesome.

I have an idea for a character, so let me know if it fits: a half-elf (human father, high elf mother) warrior who was broken down and effectively 'mind controlled' by the Snow Queen. Rather than using an orc or some monster for this role, he can fit in better among humans or elves. While he's not technically 'mind controlled', he's been brained washed to the point of believing that the Snow Queen is the only person in the world that he can trust, partly through magic, and partly though other, less subtle means. Its possible that he could be redeemed, though the depth of control that the Snow Queen would have over him would be great.

Let me know if that concept fits, and I'll put together a character sheet if it does. :D

Countdown: The character you are describing sounds almost word for word like Ivan Agnost. Agnost represents masculine strength and leadership and is half-corrupt by the Snow Queen in an effort to control the lands. He should have qualities that another male serving the Snow Queen should lack that make him desirable beyond his family name and his history on the battlefield. Any male character in service to the Snow Queen directly should not be well rounded enough to be a rival for her faith and interest. On the other hand, if we're talking about a dumb-as-bricks bodyguard or an uninspiring errandboy, I can see a possible role open.

Darkmoon

On the Snow Queen

This is for anyone preparing to submit a character sheet for the Snow Queen. There is a lot of responsibility with the Snow Queen, because her will is so manifest in this setting. What you should incorporate into and know about this character:

• She is a beautiful and dominant female figure of immense charisma, over-powering presence, and incomprehensible loneliness.
  • She is centuries old, beyond human years.
  • She is the jilted lover of a wandering god, Mavar [may-vahr], who is responsible for the freezing of her heart and the powers (and curse) of cold that she is infused with. Mavar left this world long ago, taking a human woman as his lover away with her.
  • She loathes humankind and takes pleasure in their subjugation and pain.
  • She came to Mount Volcan Fortress three hundred years ago, seduced the captain that governed it, and made an end of he and his army that held the Fortress.
  • She does not eat, nor sleep, and has vast chambers beneath the ice and rock in the bowels of the fortress.

Tsunami

Shjade

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 22, 2014, 03:09:05 PM
Shjade: Nikita is a well defined and very fitting character for this setting, and I am enthusiastic about her presence in the game. I appreciate such a well thought out and nuanced character and you have a set place in this role-play if you want it. I'm adding you to the list. :)

Nifty, glad you approve. Wasn't sure if I was assuming too much about the setting/other characters in her setup. n.n
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Hazel

Here's the orc leader. I'm open to changing it as needed.

Name: Naz Grotwort
Sex: Male
Height: 6’9”
Weight: 350 lbs.

Appearance: Very large and heavy, but almost all of his weight is just  pure muscle. He keeps his head perfectly smooth, so as not to let his opponents get a grasp on his head should he give them the chance. His body is marked with scars from the various in fighting among his fellow orcs and battles that gained him the lead of the legion. His armor is thick, and covers a good amount of his body, while still being able to move freely. uses a large club as his main weapon. He wears a loin cloth when not in battle, but always has his club nearby. Unless in the presence of the king or queen.

Personality: Cold and unforgiving. He takes pleasure from torturing the foes he has won over in battle, and claiming to the woman his men drag back from the fields. Either for payment for another few months, or simply because he has become bored. He's quick to anger, and won't back down from a fight if challenged.

Background: He was raised a a warrior, like all the children that were raised under the rule of the the ice king. As a child he was pitted against others, and all the wild beasts of the land. They were to either live, and become warriors, or die a coward with no glory. He killed as many of his friends and family in training as he has taken woman. He rose through the ranks quickly as he grew older, eventually taking the leader of orcs on in single combat. The old leaders head now sits on the top of his club, a reminder to what he has done to become what he has and to strike fear into his lowers lest they forget their place. He commands the legions in turn for the king, as did the many orcs before him. They get freedom and safety from the ice and famine in return of doing as the king or snow witch wishes and wills. He has come to respect the king, despite fearing the snow witch for being able to corrupt the king to his core. He resides on the mountain, away from his legions resting and playing with the captives from the raids.

Darkmoon

Siereis

Just a few questions about playing as the Snow Queen:

1.  Race
Quote from: Darkmoon on February 22, 2014, 03:37:01 PM
On the Snow Queen
She is the jilted lover of a wandering god, Mavar [may-vahr], who is responsible for the freezing of her heart and the powers (and curse) of cold that she is infused with. Mavar left this world long ago, taking a human woman as his lover away with her.

Does this imply that she is either a high elf or a god of some sort? 

2.  Powers
Just how powerful is she?  Does she use some sort of mind control magic to keep people under her powers?  Or is she simply very charismatic?

3.  Plot
Seeing as how you (Darkmoon) are the main GM, how much leeway is given to the player playing the Snow Queen to dictate plot?

4.  Image
Is the image below sort of the 'vibe' you were hoping for with the snow queen?  Any recommendations or requirements for clothing/looks would be appreciated...as would additional images.

Ontan

Is there room for another hero? I’m not sure if you’re already hit your quota for do-gooders. 

Darkmoon

Hi Siereis, Answers to your questions:

Quote1.  Race
Does this imply that she is either a high elf or a god of some sort?

No. There is flexibility here, including the backstory of, if she is mortal, how she attained her powers. I am open to the player's imagination here in terms of shaping this character to their liking.

Quote2.  Powers
Just how powerful is she?  Does she use some sort of mind control magic to keep people under her powers?  Or is she simply very charismatic?

This is up to the player. I imagine there is a certain corruptive and/or seductive influence that she has, which can limited to charisma or can go beyond it and be an enchantment of some capacity.

Quote3.  Plot
Seeing as how you (Darkmoon) are the main GM, how much leeway is given to the player playing the Snow Queen to dictate plot?

The player has full liberty to take the plot where they wish with respect to playing the character they have. They should clearly take direction from their character's motivations like any RP, but there are no restrictions here.

Quote4.  Image
Is the image below sort of the 'vibe' you were hoping for with the snow queen?  Any recommendations or requirements for clothing/looks would be appreciated...as would additional images.

I would say the image sums her up nicely as one representation that a player could go with. The key element is that she is beautiful and exudes a certain confidence. She would not be submissive, given her actions to date to control others. Clothing, I imagine, would be reminiscent of a wealthy, exorbitant, queenly regalia, embracing qualities such as sexuality, cool tones (whites and blacks especially), and comfort despite cold weather. She should be very desirable.

Tsunami