RP Partners wanted for longterm rp

Started by TheSilkenVoice, June 30, 2011, 02:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSilkenVoice

Looking for longterm rp partners for several story lines and character ideas.  The order does not mean anything in any way by order of priority or nothing like that, any character/idea is equally interesting to me.

Rosalia Scaevola ~ Timeperiod: Ancient Rome.This character was created for a rp based off of the HBO TV Series "Spartacus: Blood & Sand" inspired by Roman History.  For this I'd like a partner(s) that has(have) watched the show.  This is actually a group roleplay I am considering doing.  Rosalia is an original character of mine inspired by this show. 

The concept for her is this: Rosalia Scaevola is the young new wife of Marcus Licinius Crassus Dives, purportedly the wealthiest man in Rome, and the world over quite possibly. Though the man could well be her father at 45 years of age and she a mere 18, the union was a suitable one for position and status as her father saw it to be a good and safe decision for his one and only daughter. Rosalia will need all of her wit, charm, and strength of character to dance the dangerous dance she has entered into in the house of Crassus, for the man knows no end to his ambition for wealth and political power. Being the wife of the elected Second Consul of the Senate will be no simple task. Several politicians and guests are in continual attendance demanding a paragon of a wife be presented at Crassus' side. Managing the house of Crassus falls partially to her, despite Crassus' firm grip and control over everything he owns, Rosalia now included. It will be here that Rosalia will learn to hate and resent her situation. She has a certain freedom, yes, as her mother had told her she would have, but in the presence of her husband she has less freedom than she's ever had. She will barely feel above the station of slave in his eyes and the misery she will feel will only fester into that hate that was rising.  Such a woman of wealth and power is just the perfect candidate to consort with for the Domina of any ludus, especially considering her property houses a generous arena in which gladiators could fight for the glory of the empire and the elevation of a ludus and its corresponding house should they be asked to entertain there in the games. And Rosalia is ripe for the picking as her attention is wont of distraction and entertainment.  With Crassus continually away with his work in the senate and abroad amassing wealth, she has some freedom and time to herself. 

RP SAMPLE: Rosalia Scaevola sat across the dais from where her mother and father both sat looking at her. Their faces bore a mixture of expressions and sentiments as they regarded her, one of which stuck out the most to her: Pride. "His wealth is estimated to be around 200 million sestertii, Rosalia. He is most assuredly to be elected Second Consul any day now," her father was stating the obvious facts yet again about one Marcus Licinius Crassus Dives. His tone was entirely unarguable. His smile, while warm more often than not when regarding his daughter, this time was tight and ungiving. Her mother glanced at him and then offered up a tentative smile to Rosalia as her softer voice took up where her father had left off, as though to soften the blow. "Fortune has smiled upon our house child. You honor your father with drawing the interest of such a man. Your beauty is unparalleled and we hoped to gain the attention of a patrician of high rank to suitably care for you, our one and only daughter."

Ah there it was. Nevermind that the man was well known for his greed and he was twice her age. What counted was this: He was filthy rich and had great political clout. Her father would be elevated as would they all. Naturally, she could not argue with these facts. Her mother stood then, her white gown and red stolla draped casually about her form that had shape despite her age, accentuating her fine figure. Rosalia had easily taken after her with her long raven hair that never wanted for any of the painted wigs that were in fashion and the delicate bone structure, the patrician nose and lips. Her eyes were dark olives, however, whereas Rosalia's eyes had taken the color of her father's slate azure. She reached out a hand to Rosalia's porcelain cheek to cup it lightly. "When Crassus arrives, you must look your best for him, dearest. Think of all the wonderful things you will have..." she leaned in to whisper softly with a genuine smile, "The freedom..." It was well known that a married woman had more legal freedom than an unwed woman living under the roof of her father though she still answered to her father primarily. She had little choice in the matter regardless with the stern look her father was offering up behind her mother. "I will do as I am asked, mother." She nodded to her father, "Father."

He broke into a genuine grin then and nodded. "You are a dutiful and good daughter. A man can only be so blessed to have an equally lovely wife," he stood to embrace the two of them and kissed the top of Rosalia's raven head. "Tonight you break bread with your new husband and leave my house. But you will always be my daughter." Rosalia nodded and returned his hug despite the quivering of fear she felt in her stomach. She did not know Crassus the man personally, only met with him on several occasions in his recent interest in her. But she'd heard rumors and stories, not unfounded ones, on his latest escapades for amassing wealth. One of her own friends swore she'd had her house burned down by his hired men on purpose as he arrived on scene to purchase it and the surrounding houses as it burned. Her family had been forced to sell at which point his men waiting on stand by had promptly put out the flames. He'd already done this on several occasions and gained several properties with little damage done to them. Somehow he avoided any calls for foul play however. And having met the man and spoken to him quite a bit, she knew him to be terribly ambitious for power and wealth. She got the impression he would do anything to advance and elevate himself. But she could not besmirch the man's good name and deny marrying him on simple rumor and suspicion. She would marry Marcus Licinius Crassus that night and she prayed the gods saw fit to put Crassus in a better light after the fact. It was not necessarily a wise choice, but what real 'choice' did she have in the matter when her father was all but commanding her to marry him?

ViperTime period: Post Apocolypse/futuristic This character is a Kill Bill/Resident Evil/Fallout inspired B.A.B. - Bad Ass Bitch.  And more recently the story can take inspiration from the SciFi show Falling Skies.  The setting for her is this: The world has come to an end. The earth has been evacuated to save the humans and most of the animal population from death by poison, hunger and alien invasion.  Timeline synopsis: From like 2012 on, economic and ecological problems escalated on earth. By 2020, space stations were built and opened up to the public and spaces/suites in them sold at high dollar amounts to the rich. By 2025, world relations went to shit because of the knowledge of aliens existing for millennia and operating with the governments on the planet. 2030, nuclear fallout and evacuation. 2032 last shuttle left to the space stations, survivors stranded from then to present story start time of 2038.  The base Viper operates out of is Operation Phoenix's home and headquarters. There are about 3,000 human survivors here, consisting of troops left behind when the last shuttle left, volunteer scientists who offered to stay and study and help out with the base needs to find a solution to problems, medics/regular people that are strong and healthy enough and sane are recruited like Beka who was an english major before the attack, my character viper was an assassin, etc. stuff like that.  THe base is underground for the most part. The top level looks like a huge abandoned/wrecked warehouse. Once inside however, the main bay/floor is a transportation haven. There are two military tanks, a pair of choppers, several off road type vehicles such as a hummer, supply truck, etc. There is personnel constantly moving about on every floor. Weapons, technology, everything that can be scavenged is here.  There's a messhall, a barracks, med-ward and lab in the downstairs levels.

RP SAMPLE: Viper watched the man carefully as he stuttered, his sweating, his glazing eyes, his trembling hands. And she'd watched as he'd done little to partake of the fight. Fucking coward and total basket case. He didn't look totally sane either. And what the hell sort of name was Revhen? Sounded alien. Therefore it was fishy to her. She suddenly cocked her gun on him, aiming it at his forehead as she muttered to him stiffly, "I don't believe your story there, 'Revhen.'" She wasn't too pleased either that the damned moron Caine said he was off duty in front of a stranger and that he was heading to the barracks. Especially in a compromised situation where an alien was just taken down. For all they knew his suit could be a transmitting device. She could forgive Beka, she wasn't briefed but yeah, they were definitely compromised. The man started to stutter even more when she pointed a gun to his head. "Whoah, wait! What are you doing? I'm one of you!" Viper cocked her head to the side at that and shook her head. "Uh-uh. I don't think so, buddy." She reached forwards and ripped aside his odd looking robes, scraping aside the flesh with the personally crafted bladed nails she'd made for herself. Amidst the blood she saw what she needed to see and felt the hard casing of metal. "Fucking droid." She fired a shot into his head and succinctly into his chest cavity where the heart was supposed to be. The synthetic heart. "God fucking DAMNIT!" She said to the now dead android as it fell to the ground out of commision in a pile of dust at her feet, heavy and metalic thump of sound as it hit the floor. Just then she got a call on the com from one of the snipers saying, "V- our bogie just signaled us to another Assimilator." How the fuck did that sniper remember the name for those things? And another one? "Shit. Take it out!" The sniper reported back to her, "he's already taken care of it. Apparently he knew exactly where to strike. This guy's been trained, and trained well, V." She paused and scanned the rooftops even though she knew she wouldn't be able to see anything. Beside her the docs had paused in horror at the sight of the droid. "Get that thing and take it appart too. I need to make sure there was no transmission." She knew it could already be too late however. The docs nodded and got to work stripping it, calling to another pair of assistants. Viper in the meantime looked to Misfit and tossed her head. "Come on, lets go see what's out there. We may have some trouble on our hands very soon." She didn't wait for him, walking ahead, the sun burning on her skin, the wind throwing her honey gold hair back away from her face as her long legs took up the stretch of road towards the outskirts of the ruined city. "What's he doing now?" She asked of the snipers. "Tell him you have him in your sights and that you want him to present himself to us."

((ok! so there's a storm raging here so gonna post in case I lose all of this in a power out, but more characters coming up.))

TheSilkenVoice

Liliana Melindor ~ Time period: Medieval Fantasy This character was created after playing the first bit of the latest Dragon Age game, Dragon Age: Legends.  I wanted to run a roleplay off the game as I played it through since I've paused in playing it but I love Bioware's stories for their games.  Anyway the setting in summary is the same as how the game starts: The shadows that lurk around the Kingdom of Galifar have begun to sink their fangs into the City of Kirkwall...

The character concept is this: Liliana would be a mage and an elf.  A race that was present in previous Dragon Age games.  So she would be poor and an apostate at that.  I'd prefer to play this character out with someone that has played the game series.  But if you have not and are willing to research it that is fine too.

Yileyna Khorunov ~ Time period: Modern Day SciFi/Paranormal This character is inspired by Christine Feehan's Mind Game/Ghostwalker series.  She is a ghostwalker in the same way as Lily Whitney in the first book is a ghostwalker, adopted as a child from an orphanage for her psychic abilities by the Russian government in this rp.  But like with Lily, Yileyna is experimented upon and trained to become a weapon in a covert-ops facility.  She is not an anchor however and therefore needs one to operate properly.

RP SAMPLE:   You know the drill. Daniel, her team leader spoke gruffly into her thoughts then. He was the team’s anchor and a strong telepath. She knew he was speaking to her now only to boost her confidence. He knew her thoughts perhaps better than any other for his abilities. It was a fact she was not comfortable with and had started to feel uncomfortable with in her teen years when he’d been taught to use it against her. Don’t play hero. He continued to say. You bump into other ghostwalkers, don’t stick it out and face them. Don’t alert them to your presence. Your primary objective is to directly kill Dr. Dragovich. If you are compromised, you are authorized to kill anyone that stands in the way of that primary objective. A pause. Yileyna didn’t turn to look in the direction of the old abandoned water tower behind her where he was crouched, observing her through his binoculars. She tightened her belt that housed two smoke grenades and two frag grenades and four additional clips for her two pistols strapped to her thighs.

Do you copy? Came the expected question. She responded with a nod and a return thought, Copy that. From here forewords, she was to go silent even in thought to avoid catching the attention of enemy ghostwalkers the good Dr. Dragovich might have in his employ. Her entire team of six ghostwalkers was on standby should she encounter any trouble. She knew they crouched in different hidden locations beyond the perimeter of her destination. Silently she unloosed the thick black rope at her left hip floating it silently over the space of the building top she was on towards the building top across from her and looping it in a knot around a concrete column so that she could slide across towards it. All this she did with her mind. Sweat broke out on her forehead as she distanced herself from the anchor and the hiss of her sliding across the rope burned against her ears, her footfalls silent as she landed on the roof of the opposite building. She stilled, listening, scanning. Silence. Just her heartbeat.

There was a window in the roof. That was her entry point. She silently unscrewed the frame of one corner, relying on her anchor to cloak her telepathic workings as she moved, her brow in a frown from the concentration. She reached for the frame and lifted it loose quietly and set it aside. Another of her team mates taking the image from her mind and keeping it visible as if the window had never been removed and as if she wasn’t just now slipping through it, dangling precariously from the rope she’d used to get to the building top. Daniel worked on blurring her image just as she lowered herself to a metal rafter below the window and crouched to get a good look at the group below. The guard on the roof had been easily distracted by one of her team mates earlier, he’d been expecting them apparently. He was looking out and away from her entry. She resealed the window with a tremendous amount of effort to the point she feared her team wouldn’t be able to cloak the amount of psychic strain she’d gone under. She gripped her head for a second and breathed slowly. In and out. Silence again. Nothing pierced her thoughts. Daniel was too far away to be clearing her this quickly and easily. She looked around quickly, counting heads of ghostwalkers, civies and eyeing Dr. Dragovich where he sat at his desk, looking over papers, his hand on the phone to his ear. “I need to move from this location tonight. I cannot wait another day. I am certain of it,” he sputtered in aggravated Russian. Mhm he was right about that. She counted the two guards at the inside of the door, and sensed others, ghostwalkers. One in particular was sending out aggressive waves of energy that made her lower lip tremble. She got a visual finally on him as he came out from below the second level terrace beneath her. Her eyes widened slightly. The man was huge. And he was pacing back and forth the length of the space where Dr. Dragovich was. Great this was the personal guard and on top of him being large he had to be a ghostwalker. She did not want know what his ability was. She rubbed her forehead sensing others but not finding them with her eyes.

TheSilkenVoice

Crap I mis-coded something in that post.  I italicized everything when I meant to only do so for telepathic talk in the sample post.  Ah well.  Too bad I can't edit yet.

Anyway, I have so many more characters to choose from, so I'll keep adding them to here as I go.

Snake

Hi there. I"m new here and have yet to be approved but I was reading your and I'd like to say that I enjoyed reading what you put up there. Particularly the idea about the roman noblewoman and the arena type deal. if it were possible, I'd like to RP that with you ^_^

TreyWalker

QuoteLiliana Melindor ~ Time period: Medieval Fantasy This character was created after playing the first bit of the latest Dragon Age game, Dragon Age: Legends.  I wanted to run a roleplay off the game as I played it through since I've paused in playing it but I love Bioware's stories for their games.  Anyway the setting in summary is the same as how the game starts: The shadows that lurk around the Kingdom of Galifar have begun to sink their fangs into the City of Kirkwall...

The character concept is this: Liliana would be a mage and an elf.  A race that was present in previous Dragon Age games.  So she would be poor and an apostate at that.  I'd prefer to play this character out with someone that has played the game series.  But if you have not and are willing to research it that is fine too.

Love the idea. I'm not approved yet, but I am familiar with the Dragon Age universe. Not played Legends, but have played Dragon Age 1 and 2. And I can look into legends and catch up pretty quickly with what you know. Just going to go figure out when Legends was, I think it was before Dragon Age 1.