Fictional Earth 019346: Seeds of the Apocalypse (DC/Marvel) [Always Open!]

Started by TheBlackThrone, October 11, 2021, 11:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

No one really remembers how this world came to be, but people cling to various beliefs. It is our nature after all. We invent a religion in order to understand things we don’t understand. However, on Apocalypse, there is very little to misunderstand. There are four gods: Apocalypse, Darkseid, Doom, and Braniac. These gods rule our planet, and they are the reason why things are as they are. Together, they are called The Four; and their sole purpose is to destroy each other. You either follow them or you don’t, and if you choose to worship no one, then the safest thing for you to do is to drift and tell no one.

There is a fifth religion that I forgot to mention: The Cult of Thanos. The Cult believes that Thanos was the true god who created this universe. They are a secret sect with most of their followers still seemingly worshiping the Four, but they are united in their truths. Thanos doesn’t exist. At least not like the Four so their cult is a load of baloney. Look, if you want to survive here, then just pick a side or drift. Whatever you choose to do, no matter what, this Earth will always be the same. It is a Hell disguised as a paradise depending on who you serve. I’m a realist. I see it for what it is. Now piss off!

—A Drifter’s Tale

Introduction

Welcome. This is a Marvel/DC crossover game which takes place in a post-apocalyptic fictional future. This game is intended to be sandbox, and so I would like to have only writers eager to contribute to the overall story in this game. If you are coming to this game seeking smut, this is not a smut-centric game. While adult themes exist, they are not as prominent as you would find in a smut-centered game. This game will be mostly story and any sexual relationships will follow as deemed natural by character interactions. If you are here to contribute to the game’s story, then great. Read on.

The Four I selected for this game could have been anyone; but for this game, I have chosen the four mentioned above. This story is going to be a big mystery, adventure, and super hero game. The characters are trying to survive in this chaotic world. There isn’t a Justice League, Avengers, SHIELD, etc. However, they can be created. Leaders are going to be decided in game by characters. Characters are also free to not follow any leader and go without a group. There is no obligation. Characters can choose to follow one of the Four or choose to be involved in a resistance to right the world in what they deem is right.

Just remember, if your character chooses to worship no one, then they are a Drifter and live a life of mistrust. These characters are constantly on the move because trouble surrounds those unaligned.

As the GM, my role is to solely make sure no one is bringing an omnipotent or God-like being to this game. Let’s sit down and think about it together. If you send me a character concept asking to play a crazy-powerful character who could easily overthrow the Four by him or herself, do you really think I am going to accept it? No. I won’t. Also, as a GM, I do not allow drama in this game. If I even suspect that you are a confrontational person, then I will not accept you. My players and I will not want to put up with you. Everyone is coming to this game to have a good time. If you cannot do this without arguing, then this game is not for you. I do not accept everyone.

Last, but not least, please reserve what parentage you wish to have for your character. There must be a Father and Mother. I do not care if you pick the same parents as someone else (either one or both). They could have breed like Zeus and had many children. However, your characters will be related whether they are aware they are or not. Also, be mindful of inbreeding if you take a fancy to someone who has the same genes as you. You may pick a pair that may intimidate some people, but you won't intimidate me. I am the one who allows your concept into the game or denies it. If the concept is strong, and you have a history of not being an overpowered, god-moding writer, then I'll let you keep it. However, if you show these qualities in game and it starts killing the story, I may ask you to make a new character or step. So please try not to be that person from the get-go.

Welcome to the Amalgam Universe. Your characters will have post-apocalyptic parents from either the DC or Marvel universe. All Character Sheets will be either sent to me in PM (if you're shy), or dropped in the recruitment thread. I prefer they be posted in the recruitment thread so people can read your sheet and feel either inspired to collaborate with a concept or just see that there are some bites in this game.

Setting
Game Date: September 5046
In the Apocalypse setting, normal humans still exist. Not everyone will be super-powered. The entire planet is a wasteland except for the regions governed by the Four. However, each Horseman has their kingdom securely guarded. They protect their worshipers and only their worshipers are allowed in. You will see a deeper explanation in the IC thread. The IC thread will present the map of the world.

With this in mind, those beings existing outside the kingdoms live in poverty. They are struggling to survive against wasteland mutants, monsters, cannibals, cyborgs, and all sorts of other crazy. They reside in small communities and can recognize strangers easily. Your character can be living in one of these communities. You will have that option to give them a home town and an occupation.

The technology of this game is futuristic within the Four-controlled kingdoms; but outside, there may be some weapon scraps that some of the wasteland gangs and cults might have gotten their hands on. There may even be some hidden gems. Weaponsmiths who can create amazing tech. They will live in secret for if anyone found out about their existence, then they would be persecuted.

I hope that I was able to give you somewhat of an idea. Please refer to the CS below as a guide. Be sure to mention in the CS your character's face claim if you decide to use one. Pictures are not required. You can also use digital art for inspiration. No anime please. Not for this kind of theme.

Character Sheet

Character Sheet & Guide

[b]Name:[/b] What is your character's name?
[b]Alias:[/b] Your character’s super hero, anti-hero, anti-villain, or villain name. If they don't have one, then write "None."
[b]Age:[/b] Their age. No one should be 100 years old. 18+
[b]Birthdate:[/b] We’re still using our calendar. The present date is September 5046.
[b]Current Residence:[/b] State the name of the fictional town or village your character lives in. If they don’t reside in a permanent place, then write “Drifter,” “Nomad,” or “Vagabond.” If you want them to live in one of the Four Kingdoms, then ask the GM for the name. I should have those threads up soon.
[b]Birthplace:[/b] Where were they born? Again, this is up to your imagination. They could have been born in an actual place or even in a lab somewhere.
[b]Hometown:[/b] Whatever town you create will become an actual town. Your character may have history here, and if so, provide a name. They may return.
[b]Allegiance:[/b] Which of the Four? Or maybe they’re a follower of Thanos. If neither, put “Drifter.”
[b]Occupation:[/b] Everyone has a job if they wish to survive: Scavenger, Barmaid, Sheriff, Bounty Hunter, Lawman, Outlaw, Thief, Gang Leader, etc. Whatever you imagine for your character. Even common man jobs are good.

[b]Gender:[/b] Male, Female, Agender
[b]Race:[/b] Superhuman, Mutant, Cyborg, Android, etc.
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair:[/b] Color, texture, appearance.
[b]Eyes:[/b] Color, distinguishing features…
[b]Complexion:[/b] Skin complexion. Creamy, pale, tan, bronze, red, orange, purple, etc.
[b]Overall Appearance:[/b] Describe their appearance to include tattoos, horns, spikes, fangs, scars, tattoos, fur, etc.

[b]Likes:[/b] What do they like? Not sexual.
[b]Dislikes:[/b] What do they dislike? Not sexual.
[b]Personal Goals:[/b] What are they hoping to achieve? What are they searching for? What is their purpose?
[b]Psychological Condition:[/b] Do they have PTSD? Suffer from night terrors or nightmares? ADHD? OCD? Paranoia.

[b]Relationship Status:[/b] Single, Married, Single Mother/Father, Widow, Widower
[b]Family:[/b] This is where you list who their parents were and anyone else they may be related to. You can list them as they join.
[b]Friends:[/b] Other players will be listed here.
[b]Acquaintances:[/b] Not technically friends nor enemies, other players or NPCs will be listed here if you met them before.
[b]Rivals:[/b] People who rival your character’s strength but only people who your character considers to be their rival. Other players and NPCs can go here.
[b]Enemies:[/b] Other players as well as GM NPCs will be listed here.

[center][b]Weapons & Gear[/b][/center]
[i]This may not be relevant. Your character may not use any weapons because they have superpowers. This section is for those who actually have a weapon.[/i]
[b]Weapon Name[/b]
Description:
Quantity:
Magazine Capacity: If applicable. Weapon could be a sword or something. Use this for each weapon your character owns.
Power Source: If an energy or magical weapon.
Weaponsmith: Who made it? This can be a NPC. If it wasn’t made but given or passed down, then mention it.

[b]Armor or Clothing[/b]
[i]Your clothes can just be normal and possess no special function.[/i]
Description:  This may actually be armor or it may actually be just what your character wears.
Special Features: If armor, then it may perform more functions than just clothe you. Describe here.
Power Source: If the armor is energy or magical in nature.
Armorsmith: Who made it? This can be a NPC. If it wasn’t made but given or passed down, then mention it.

[b]Powers:[/b] You will inherit two powers from the father and two from the mother. It has to be a specific power that I could go on Superpower wiki and see a solid description of. Not a power, within a power, within a power, giving you multiple powers in one power. This isn't inception.

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] I am going to make sure that weaknesses are put here if you don’t. So please put decent weaknesses here for your character. Your character may have inherited the weaknesses of their parents.

Sample CS

Face Claim: Geri Steenkamp
Name: Aya Marie Wayne
Alias: Viofly - She has been trying to come up with a cool name to describe herself. "Vio" takes from the color violet and violence. "Fly" because she will sometimes emit violet energy in the form of a butterfly around her eyes like her mother. This only happens when she is pushing herself past her limits.
Birthdate: April 25, 5022 [Taurus]
Current Residence: Drifter
Birthplace: Otherworld
Hometown: A private estate in the forest outside New Camelot, Otherworld
Allegiance: Drifter

Race: Mutant
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 162 lbs (73 kg)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Violet
Complexion: Olive
Overall Appearance: Aya is tall like her parents with thick, wavy raven hair that extends to the small of her back. She has an athletic physique. The most noticeable features about her shape are her muscular legs, ample bosom, and ass. As a Scavenger, she wears multiple layers to hide her appearance. Because of her height and obscured curves, most people think she’s a man. Aya prefers to be covered up for she isn’t interested in attracting that kind of attention. Wrappings cover her chest, hands and forearms, and shins and ankles. She wears a faded-black, short-sleeved tunic with a hood with tattered and frayed trim. Comfy, black pants cover her long legs wrapped within the wrappings protecting her legs. Beneath her hood, her hair and face are hidden in a dark balaclava with white, Oni-like teeth printed where her mouth would be.

Aya has her mother’s violet eyes and her father’s black hair. Her lips are full and pink, and her complexion bears a warm hue. Her hair when allowed to be freed from being pinned down in some manner frames her face in twisting and rippling layers. Scars from surviving in The Wasteland stripe her body in a lighter complexion. She always appears unarmed, but that is far from the truth.

Personality: Aya remembers a time where she wanted to play with other children growing up. She wanted to follow her parents around Otherworld and see the cities and forests about the kingdom. Unfortunately, her life was very regimented. Her father would train her. He trained her harder and harsher than her mother. Aya used to hate training. She hated it so much that she would run away and hide from her father, but even with her powers, he always managed to find her because she was “predictable.” Because of having grown up this way, Aya can be sometimes envious of those who actually had a fun and adventurous childhood. She didn’t understand her training until Otherworld was taken by Doom, and she was forced to survive in The Wasteland alone.

During her time in The Wasteland, there were some people who Aya learned to like and trust, and they took advantage of her naivety. She has been robbed, betrayed, and abandoned to die. Lechers tried to take advantage of her, which led to her covering herself up. She found comfort in leaving others oblivious to who she was. Aya became a shadow who travels about The Wasteland finding valuable junk, relics, and antiques to sell for food, information, or other just as valuable things. She felt the job fit her personality since as a child, she had always dreamed of traveling the world. Otherworld not the Hell that existed outside it.

She often feels like an outsider looking at the world from the outside in. She has found those who have managed to find love in this Hell; who have managed to have children; and even give those kids somewhat of a childhood she never had. She longs to reunite with her family and return things how they used to be. But she often wonders, would she be able to go back to that life after everything she has endured? Aya fears that she has become a different woman—hardened, distrusting, and forever checking her back. She doesn’t like it.

Likes: Buttered toast, good coffee, nature, traveling, finding pretty things like colored stones, shiny things, or jewelry, finding weapons, and fighting.
Dislikes: Pigs (disrespectful and perverse folk), the scum of The Wasteland, Doom, and Morrigan Le Fay.
Personal Goals: Aya is traveling in search of her missing father and seeking to find a way to save her mother and take Otherworld from Morrigan.
Psychological Condition: Aya inherited her father's habit of being over-cautious. She is slow to trust others, and she will always try to have a backup plan to a plan. She is used to surviving all on her own and dealing with her own problems, and so she would find it unusual if others offered to help or defend her. The last kindness she knew and the last people she trusted were all lost when Otherworld was taken by Doom and Morrigan. Aya can be stubborn because of her distrust in others and so others may find her difficult to convince or work with. She has a bad habit that if she is snuck up on, she just might assault the person on accident (or intentionally depending on her relationship with that person). She doesn't like to be startled even if it is a joke. If ever caught in a nonconsensual situation, Aya will fight to the death than be defiled. Any person who considers taking advantage of her will forfeit her mercy.

Relationship Status: Single

Family:
This is open to additions in case others claim either of these parents.
Bruce Wayne - Father - Missing
Elizabeth Braddock - Mother - Captured

Friends: Open
Acquaintances: Open
Rivals: Open
Enemies: Doom and Morrigan Le Fay

Background: Aya was born to Bruce and Elizabeth Wayne in an estate in the forests of New Camelot, Otherworld. She lived the life of a normal little girl until her parents one day started training her in martial arts. She found martial arts to be fun until her father made it feel like a job. Aya would runaway from home to get away from her father, and he would always find her and bring her back. She didn’t understand why her father was so strict, and why her mother did nothing to stop him, until the day she was suddenly awakened on a cold morning.

Bruce was in a hurry, and he was yelling at her to hurry up. Aya remembered leaving everything she owned behind. The bells of New Camelot were ringing ominously and she looked up at the sky, thousands of winged beasts and machines were flying through the sky. Bruce had taken her to one of the many magical gates in Otherworld. He told her to go through and that he and her mother would find and catch up to her. Aya refused to leave without them and demanded to know what was happening. Bruce subdued her and forced her through the gate. She passed through it and landed in the Central City ruins. Confused and scared, Aya lived in the ruins, waiting for her parents to find her, but they never did. Reluctantly, Aya started to travel The Wasteland alone, and throughout her journey, she became hardened.

During her travels, she learned about what had happened to Otherworld. A man who claimed himself to be a god named Doom conquered Otherworld, and now Queen Morrigan le Fay sat on the throne. Aya desperately searched for a way to return to Otherworld, but she either found nothing or ran into liars seeking to make a quick profit. Aya arrived in Old New York, following a rumor about a man in black whose description matched her father’s. There weren’t too many people in the world who had fought as good as him—at least she hoped not. In ONY, she hopes to find a clue about his whereabouts.

Weapons & Gear
She doesn't possess any notable weapons or armor.

Powers:

Dionesium Inheritance: Aya is capable of healing from all trauma and scarring received throughout her years surviving in The Wasteland. Her inheritance has enhanced her peak physical prowess to new heights.

Master Martial Artist: She learned from the best. Both her mother and father were some of the finest martial artists in Otherworld. Aya's martial arts capabilities have allowed her to even take down opponents with superhuman augmentations surpassing her own.

Telekinetic Weaponry: Aya has learned from her mother how to use her mutant powers to create various telekinetic weapons. Unlike her mother's constructs, Aya's aren't visible to those who are incapable of seeing them. Her father couldn't see them, but her mother could. Aya assumed it was because of their shared genes. Aya's telekinetic weapons can kill a person without physically injuring them. They can pass through their defenses and sever their neural pathways. She can even use her weapons to disrupt machinery.

Master Telepathic Combatant: Aya can take advantage of her opponents in a fight by using her telepathic powers to read an opponent's actions seconds before they make them. This has allowed her to counter-attack faster than an average fighter. She uses this power to mask her presence from other people, and to create telepathic illusions to distract her enemies while fighting them.

Weaknesses:

Psionc v. Psionic: Aya usually has a difficult time fighting other psionics due to them having capabilities that counter her own. Her telekinetic weaponry can be halted by telekinesis. She will find it difficult to read the actions of an enemy who has a mental block or who has shielding from mental powers.

Human Weaknesses: Her Dionesium Inheritance doesn't make her immortal or a regenerator. It has only allowed her to survive most injuries that a normal human would die from. She can be poisoned and catch illnesses just like a regular human. She requires food, water, and rest like any living creature to survive.

Distrust: Aya's distrust in others may come back and bite her. There may be people actually trying to help her, and her paranoia could lead her to betray them or leave them hanging one day. Learning to trust others will take time and the first step is being around trustworthy people who stick around.

Element of Surprise: Aya can be attacked from afar or in an unexpected surprise attack. She can also be betrayed by an expert deceiver.

Burdened: There are times where Aya wants to give up. She will find herself wandering about aimlessly and wondering if she was nearing her goal. Was she close to finding a way to defeat Doom or reclaim Otherworld from Morrigan? Did she find any clues concerning her father's whereabouts? Was she wasting time? Aya will sometimes find straying away from her goal to be stressful. Even if it was to have fun. Every day she feels the desire to do something that meets some objective she has set for herself, and if she doesn't meet it, she can become angry and distressed. She hates The Wasteland, and she hates what the Four have done to it. She hates the fact that her home was taken away, and that she was forced to flee everything she loved. She fears even if she gets it all back being unable to enjoy it because of how surviving in The Waste has changed her.

I just gave you a very basic outline. You can use these websites to help you design it the way you would like. If you’re not good at designing a CS, then look at your fellow RPers and ask them to help you rather than copy their formats. Please do not copy a player's character sheet layout without their permission! There is 1001fonts.com for cool font headers (you may have to change .webp ending to .png to make it work) and you can Google “HMTL Color Codes” to find colors not provided on this site. You can use those color codes this way: [color=#000000]Black[/color]

Now you might have noticed that I didn’t write a “Personality” or “Back Story” section. I am leaving that information as optional for not everyone knows right away what kind of personality their character will have until they start playing him or her. Some writers enjoy creating the backstory as they write the story. It makes for a more interesting character at times rather than one forced to follow a script. Experiment! But if you want to add personality and backstory because you right away know what kind of character you're making, then great!

The Rules

1. Activity. You will be required to post once a week. Once every 7 days. If a player is not active for 14 days, then they will receive a PM. If a player is inactive for 30 days, then he or she will be dropped from the game and their parentage recycled.
2. Communication. College; Work; Vacation; Life; whatever leads you away for days, weeks, and months, please let the GM know so I can accommodate for your absence. Just because you are leaving for a lengthy period does not mean you are not allowed back into the game. This will be a big open-world game. Returning will be easy. I will just make a reminder note in the OOC, allowing me and your fellow writers notice of your Absence or Away period.
3. No Drama. This is the most violated rule. You create drama by arguing. You create drama through passive aggression. If you do either, you will not be allowed in this game. Racism will not be allowed whether it be black-on-black or white-on-white. It's not tolerated. Whatever issue you are having with another player, you can either bring it to my attention, and I will address it for you, or bring it to the moderator’s attention if it is that severe.
4. Patience. This will be a big game. There will be a lot of players who will make it very interesting, and so I may get a ton of CSes. Please do not get impatient with me and start blowing up my PMs with: “Did you read it?” Be patient. If two weeks go by and you still haven’t received a response from me, THEN send me an alert. It might have been swallowed or I might have missed it. I tend to try and be very thorough though.
5. No God-like/Omnipotent Characters. They are an automatic denial.
6. Choosing the same parents. It's allowed. Your characters will be related whether they are aware or not aware. Just be mindful of breeding with another character who has the same genes as you.
7. Sex. Put a spoiler labelled “NSFW” around all scenes where the clothes come off and the sexy parts come out. Please do this. Do this for all pictures you even post that may be promiscuous in nature. People may not actually be at work viewing it (at least I hope not) but not everyone can control who is peeking over their shoulder. We also do not want to interrupt the flow of the game with a private parts slammed into our faces.
8. GM Characters. I can tell you right now that the Four and some of their unmentioned lackeys will be GM characters. If you want a child of either, PM me. If you think you may have made a child of a GM character, again, PM me. I will let you know. I have an idea of a set group of villains that will be under the Four.
9. PVP. If you don’t know how to properly PVP, then do not get frustrated. It is very easy. However, if you and another writer can talk out a fight scene and already have the conclusion planned before you engage, then that is even better. Blind fighting is not difficult and if you’re not sure how, then please let me know. I can easily teach you. The rule of thumb is to write your actions as “attempts” or “intentions” and do not complete the action. The other writer must be allowed to react.
10. No Character Control/Metagame. The only one allowed to auto-hit a character are the GMs (this does not count for a player character I may create. ONLY GM NPCs), and it will be either for plot reasons or because someone thought they were invincible and wanted to dodge every single thing thrown at him or her. You are not allowed to metagame. Do not take your OOC knowledge of Marvel/DC and claim your character has this same knowledge. If your character did not prepare for an attack beforehand, and they are attacked, then they are attacked. You cannot go back and say, “I would have prepared if I had known you were going to attack me.” That is not how the real world works and that is not how this world works. Trying to go back or even anticipate it through spying on another person’s CS or just by some ability your character doesn’t even have, is a no-go. That is meta-gaming. It is not allowed. So be prepared and be cautious when the time is right.
11. Have Fun. There are a lot of rules. I know. This game can’t run without them. Contribute to the game’s story and have fun.
13. DC/Marvel. Since this is the main theme of the game, you must pick one DC and one Marvel character as the parents.

Q&A

Q: Can the parents be Amalgams?

A: No. Only the offspring are. All characters are born from non-Amalgam parents and they can be: HeroxHero, HeroxVillain, or VillainxVillain. Also, you can either choose to RP an Amalgam or your own spin of a canon character or archetype.

Q: If a realm that my character or their parents would have originated from were captured or subjugated, does that mean I cannot play them?

A: You can still use character concepts from a captured or subjugated realm. Such drama would just add to their back story concept.

Q: Are my character's parents still alive?

A: This is where you write what happened to them. Anyone who chooses to have the same parent must adopt the story of their disappearance started by the first one to make it. Your character may be traveling to find what happened to them or to get revenge. Whatever the reason, the back story should give an explanation. Remember, the back story is optional and not mandatory initially. Just keep this idea in your head.

Q: I can't find a picture that matches what I envision. Do I have to have a picture? Or do I have to have a picture that looks exactly like what I'm going for?

A: Don't stress about pictures. I don't expect everyone to find images that match exactly what they envision. I care more about how you describe them in game.

Q: How do I select powers for my character?

A: The easiest way to choose powers is to go on those Marvel or DC fandom wiki sites and pull two powers from there. If the power is super broad and detailed and just seems a little crazy, then you can use the superpower wiki to help you narrow it down to something. If you find yourself getting a little frustrated because its hard choosing which power, then that is normal. If other players choose similar parentage, then they can choose those powers you didn't choose for your character to give each character with similar parentage a variety. Rather than them all being the same.

Q: Will we be allowed more than one character?

A: Once the first group of characters are decently established, then I will allow for second characters. This may take a month or two. I'm making it dependent on the first story arc being finished or near finished.

This will be where good questions and answers will go.

Game Information on the World

Tachyon
Latveria
Apokolips
Akkaba

Other Links
Sneak Peek 1: The Wasteland
Sneak Peek 2: Old New York
Character Thread
OOC

Player Interest

Always looking forward to seeing new concepts!

Characters Approved

Lorelei Cassidy - Black Canary/Banshee - Foxy DeVille
Dalia Hawkins - Static Shock/Emma Frost - RainyHigh
Sumaya Burch - Superman/Thundra - Vlexia
Damon of Olympus - Hades/Zatanna - Bowen
Charles Marko - Juggernaut/Maxima - Juggtacular
Iris Amorasdottir - Wally West/Amora - Empyrean
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Godsend

Kadigan

Definitely a very neat and interesting concept. I hope I can come up with something suitable for it.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Kadigan on October 11, 2021, 01:11:47 PM
Definitely a very neat and interesting concept. I hope I can come up with something suitable for it.

That's always the hard part isn't? XD So many options.

I don't expect people to find pictures of something that fits exactly what they envision. Their description of the character in story will reveal what they really look like so don't worry about that too much.
The gates are open

Foxy DeVille

Hmmm... I'm intrigued. Got a question about the setting. With it taking place so far into the future, how does that effect having canon DC/Marvel characters as parents?

Kadigan

I was just about to ask that.  Are they the same but futuristized a bit?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Foxy DeVille on October 11, 2021, 01:35:07 PM
Hmmm... I'm intrigued. Got a question about the setting. With it taking place so far into the future, how does that effect having canon DC/Marvel characters as parents?

It's an alternate universe. Whatever happened to their parents is part of that character's back story. The first one to write what happened sets the story for anyone else who chooses that parent. If they were killed by one of The Four, abducted, just mysteriously went missing and your character is searching for them, it's all back story.

Fictional Earth 019346 is the timeline. A completely made up timeline. It is fictional to allow people to be able to write without much restriction. This world is the reference.
The gates are open

Kadigan

A bit cliche I know but I have a thought for a Wonder Woman Thor child.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Kadigan on October 11, 2021, 01:57:37 PM
A bit cliche I know but I have a thought for a Wonder Woman Thor child.

I don't think that's cliche. I've seen amalgams in the past, and I don't think I've seen that one yet.
The gates are open

Foxy DeVille

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Kadigan

Final question as I’m already backstorying in my head. We’re they alway amalgamated or did an event happen.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Kadigan on October 11, 2021, 02:41:59 PM
Final question as I’m already backstorying in my head. We’re they alway amalgamated or did an event happen.

The amalgamations are the offspring of the two parents you choose since technically as we know they came from two separate universes and franchises, but in this game they are in the same universe.
The gates are open

Juggtacular

Could I have Blue Marvel and Spectrum(Monica Rambeau) as parents? Because yeah, yeah I'm here.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Juggtacular on October 11, 2021, 02:59:23 PM
Could I have Blue Marvel and Spectrum(Monica Rambeau) as parents? Because yeah, yeah I'm here.

Actually, sent you a PM. I'll specify this in the rules.
The gates are open

Kadigan

I need to stop looking at Fanart on my break, I already have 3 more ideas that compete in my ADD addled brain.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Kadigan on October 11, 2021, 03:14:10 PM
I need to stop looking at Fanart on my break, I already have 3 more ideas that compete in my ADD addled brain.

I'll see if I open the game to more than one character later. I want the initial characters to get established first. Worst case scenario, they have a random decider you can use online to help you narrow it down. XD
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

I wasn't planning on making a character, but then this idea came to me. I'm not always in the mood to play a female character, but this concept inspired me. I play females, but most people have only ever seen me play men. I may be adding personality and back story to this. The gist of what happened to her parents is in the CS. I hope this profile also gives everyone an idea of how they can write these sheets.

lol Made a correction. I forgot Doom took Otherworld and gave it to Morrigan. I thought it was one of the holes on the map at first.

Sample CS

Face Claim: Geri Steenkamp
Name: Aya Marie Wayne
Alias: Viofly - She has been trying to come up with a cool name to describe herself. "Vio" takes from the color violet and violence. "Fly" because she will sometimes emit violet energy in the form of a butterfly around her eyes like her mother. This only happens when she is pushing herself past her limits.
Birthdate: April 25, 5022 [Taurus]
Current Residence: Drifter
Birthplace: Otherworld
Hometown: A private estate in the forest outside New Camelot, Otherworld
Allegiance: Drifter

Race: Mutant
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 162 lbs (73 kg)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Violet
Complexion: Olive
Overall Appearance: Aya is tall like her parents with thick, wavy raven hair that extends to the small of her back. She has an athletic physique. The most noticeable features about her shape are her muscular legs, ample bosom, and ass. As a Scavenger, she wears multiple layers to hide her appearance. Because of her height and obscured curves, most people think she’s a man. Aya prefers to be covered up for she isn’t interested in attracting that kind of attention. Wrappings cover her chest, hands and forearms, and shins and ankles. She wears a faded-black, short-sleeved tunic with a hood with tattered and frayed trim. Comfy, black pants cover her long legs wrapped within the wrappings protecting her legs. Beneath her hood, her hair and face are hidden in a dark balaclava with white, Oni-like teeth printed where her mouth would be.

Aya has her mother’s violet eyes and her father’s black hair. Her lips are full and pink, and her complexion bears a warm hue. Her hair when allowed to be freed from being pinned down in some manner frames her face in twisting and rippling layers. Scars from surviving in The Wasteland stripe her body in a lighter complexion. She always appears unarmed, but that is far from the truth.

Personality: Aya remembers a time where she wanted to play with other children growing up. She wanted to follow her parents around Otherworld and see the cities and forests about the kingdom. Unfortunately, her life was very regimented. Her father would train her. He trained her harder and harsher than her mother. Aya used to hate training. She hated it so much that she would run away and hide from her father, but even with her powers, he always managed to find her because she was “predictable.” Because of having grown up this way, Aya can be sometimes envious of those who actually had a fun and adventurous childhood. She didn’t understand her training until Otherworld was taken by Doom, and she was forced to survive in The Wasteland alone.

During her time in The Wasteland, there were some people who Aya learned to like and trust, and they took advantage of her naivety. She has been robbed, betrayed, and abandoned to die. Lechers tried to take advantage of her, which led to her covering herself up. She found comfort in leaving others oblivious to who she was. Aya became a shadow who travels about The Wasteland finding valuable junk, relics, and antiques to sell for food, information, or other just as valuable things. She felt the job fit her personality since as a child, she had always dreamed of traveling the world. Otherworld not the Hell that existed outside it.

She often feels like an outsider looking at the world from the outside in. She has found those who have managed to find love in this Hell; who have managed to have children; and even give those kids somewhat of a childhood she never had. She longs to reunite with her family and return things how they used to be. But she often wonders, would she be able to go back to that life after everything she has endured? Aya fears that she has become a different woman—hardened, distrusting, and forever checking her back. She doesn’t like it.

Likes: Buttered toast, good coffee, nature, traveling, finding pretty things like colored stones, shiny things, or jewelry, finding weapons, and fighting.
Dislikes: Pigs (disrespectful and perverse folk), the scum of The Wasteland, Doom, and Morrigan Le Fay.
Personal Goals: Aya is traveling in search of her missing father and seeking to find a way to save her mother and take Otherworld from Morrigan.
Psychological Condition: Aya inherited her father's habit of being over-cautious. She is slow to trust others, and she will always try to have a backup plan to a plan. She is used to surviving all on her own and dealing with her own problems, and so she would find it unusual if others offered to help or defend her. The last kindness she knew and the last people she trusted were all lost when Otherworld was taken by Doom and Morrigan. Aya can be stubborn because of her distrust in others and so others may find her difficult to convince or work with. She has a bad habit that if she is snuck up on, she just might assault the person on accident (or intentionally depending on her relationship with that person). She doesn't like to be startled even if it is a joke. If ever caught in a nonconsensual situation, Aya will fight to the death than be defiled. Any person who considers taking advantage of her will forfeit her mercy.

Relationship Status: Single

Family:
This is open to additions in case others claim either of these parents.
Bruce Wayne - Father - Missing
Elizabeth Braddock - Mother - Captured

Friends: Open
Acquaintances: Open
Rivals: Open
Enemies: Doom and Morrigan Le Fay

Background: Aya was born to Bruce and Elizabeth Wayne in an estate in the forests of New Camelot, Otherworld. She lived the life of a normal little girl until her parents one day started training her in martial arts. She found martial arts to be fun until her father made it feel like a job. Aya would runaway from home to get away from her father, and he would always find her and bring her back. She didn’t understand why her father was so strict, and why her mother did nothing to stop him, until the day she was suddenly awakened on a cold morning.

Bruce was in a hurry, and he was yelling at her to hurry up. Aya remembered leaving everything she owned behind. The bells of New Camelot were ringing ominously and she looked up at the sky, thousands of winged beasts and machines were flying through the sky. Bruce had taken her to one of the many magical gates in Otherworld. He told her to go through and that he and her mother would find and catch up to her. Aya refused to leave without them and demanded to know what was happening. Bruce subdued her and forced her through the gate. She passed through it and landed in the Central City ruins. Confused and scared, Aya lived in the ruins, waiting for her parents to find her, but they never did. Reluctantly, Aya started to travel The Wasteland alone, and throughout her journey, she became hardened.

During her travels, she learned about what had happened to Otherworld. A man who claimed himself to be a god named Doom conquered Otherworld, and now Queen Morrigan le Fay sat on the throne. Aya desperately searched for a way to return to Otherworld, but she either found nothing or ran into liars seeking to make a quick profit. Aya arrived in Old New York, following a rumor about a man in black whose description matched her father’s. There weren’t too many people in the world who had fought as good as him—at least she hoped not. In ONY, she hopes to find a clue about his whereabouts.

Weapons & Gear
She doesn't possess any notable weapons or armor.

Powers:

Dionesium Inheritance: Aya is capable of healing from all trauma and scarring received throughout her years surviving in The Wasteland. Her inheritance has enhanced her peak physical prowess to new heights.

Master Martial Artist: She learned from the best. Both her mother and father were some of the finest martial artists in Otherworld. Aya's martial arts capabilities have allowed her to even take down opponents with superhuman augmentations surpassing her own.

Telekinetic Weaponry: Aya has learned from her mother how to use her mutant powers to create various telekinetic weapons. Unlike her mother's constructs, Aya's aren't visible to those who are incapable of seeing them. Her father couldn't see them, but her mother could. Aya assumed it was because of their shared genes. Aya's telekinetic weapons can kill a person without physically injuring them. They can pass through their defenses and sever their neural pathways. She can even use her weapons to disrupt machinery.

Master Telepathic Combatant: Aya can take advantage of her opponents in a fight by using her telepathic powers to read an opponent's actions seconds before they make them. This has allowed her to counter-attack faster than an average fighter. She uses this power to mask her presence from other people, and to create telepathic illusions to distract her enemies while fighting them.

Weaknesses:

Psionc v. Psionic: Aya usually has a difficult time fighting other psionics due to them having capabilities that counter her own. Her telekinetic weaponry can be halted by telekinesis. She will find it difficult to read the actions of an enemy who has a mental block or who has shielding from mental powers.

Human Weaknesses: Her Dionesium Inheritance doesn't make her immortal or a regenerator. It has only allowed her to survive most injuries that a normal human would die from. She can be poisoned and catch illnesses just like a regular human. She requires food, water, and rest like any living creature to survive.

Distrust: Aya's distrust in others may come back and bite her. There may be people actually trying to help her, and her paranoia could lead her to betray them or leave them hanging one day. Learning to trust others will take time and the first step is being around trustworthy people who stick around.

Element of Surprise: Aya can be attacked from afar or in an unexpected surprise attack. She can also be betrayed by an expert deceiver.

Burdened: There are times where Aya wants to give up. She will find herself wandering about aimlessly and wondering if she was nearing her goal. Was she close to finding a way to defeat Doom or reclaim Otherworld from Morrigan? Did she find any clues concerning her father's whereabouts? Was she wasting time? Aya will sometimes find straying away from her goal to be stressful. Even if it was to have fun. Every day she feels the desire to do something that meets some objective she has set for herself, and if she doesn't meet it, she can become angry and distressed. She hates The Wasteland, and she hates what the Four have done to it. She hates the fact that her home was taken away, and that she was forced to flee everything she loved. She fears even if she gets it all back being unable to enjoy it because of how surviving in The Waste has changed her.
The gates are open

RainyHigh

Errgggg... Aaaarrrggg...

*clicks the interest button*

Is it possible to have a "Mother" be Emma Frost and a"Father" be Static Shock?
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Juggtacular

Quote from: RainyHigh on October 16, 2021, 08:16:46 PM
Errgggg... Aaaarrrggg...

That's a really cool combo. A psychic diamond electrokinetic.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: RainyHigh on October 16, 2021, 08:16:46 PM
Errgggg... Aaaarrrggg...

Yes, ma'am.  :-)
The gates are open

Bowen

This looks interesting. Planting an interest flag.

Considering a child of Hades/Zatanna.

Vlexia

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Vlexia on October 16, 2021, 11:10:16 PM
Think the daughter of Superman/Thundra would be too OP? Lol

It depends. People can only take 2 powers from each parent, so I can't imagine it being so. If someone is trying to be too OP, I just nerf them. Like no one is getting the strength to move an island or planet.
The gates are open

RainyHigh

Quote from: Juggtacular on October 16, 2021, 08:17:32 PM
That's a really cool combo. A psychic diamond electrokinetic.
It just jumped out at me. Buuuuut... I think I'll keep the diamond form for Emma Frost and not have the daughter inherit the psychic abilities (other than her psyche not being penetrable while in her diamond form).

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on October 16, 2021, 08:20:16 PM
Yes, ma'am.  :-)
Wooot!
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Vi Violet

Availability: Maybe
O&Os | A&As | RP Ideas | Search | Artsy