A Land of Tooth and Claw

Started by IrishWolf, September 27, 2021, 02:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishWolf

I'm aiming for later on monday or tuesday to have the opening post up.

davidelo1999

Hello, was curious if you are still taking players, also, I am new to elliquiy, so, I am not sure if group games are generally more rp than adult fiction, or it depends on the campaign, but it sounds interesting even if its just rp

IrishWolf

Hey there davidelo1999,

First off, welcome to E! I hope your finding things to your liking around the site.

Second, I am still accepting characters.

Third, it does really depend on the premise of the group game. Some are more story and some are more smut. This one is going to be more story focused but adult fun isn't out of the equation.

IrishWolf

And double post but we now have an In Character and an Out of Character thread

davidelo1999

Player: davidelo1999

Name: Diego Ramirez

Profession: Recruit of the Ninth

Languages: English(spoken), Spanish(spoken)

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Appearance: 184cm tall, short dark browned haired, white skin, clean chaven. Lean man with little musculature, an unassuming face clearly of southern europe(picture is fine but please add a written description)

Gear: Springfield Trapdoor Rifle, gun cleaning kit, M-1878 Blanket bag, M-1878 Canteen, M1875 hat, full infantry atire and spare, bedroll, 20 meters of rope, boots, pendant with family photo

Backstory: He comes from Texas, Houston. His grandparents were Spanish inmigrats that moved to texas before it was part of the US. He was raised speaking both spanish and english with his older brother and older sister. He always helped in his house and family business(a restaurant), but never had many close friends. At 21, looking to move away from his home to live a new life, he enlist in the Army, and after passing the screening procces(if there were no screening processes then, sorry), was sent to join the Ninth. He went to school growing up, but was never a good at studying, so graduated with low scores. His plan was do his military service time, and when it ended, go to the west coast to search for oportunities and to live.

(sorry if its short, i kinda went insane looking for what could be a recruit equipment in the US in the 1870', also its only the second character ever i write for an rp, if you need e to change/add something, please tell me)(if the picture doesnt show, sorry for that too)

Captain Whitebread

No worries, davidelo1999.  We all start somewhere.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

IrishWolf

Diego is looking good, I'll add him to the roster. I think his background could use a little expanding. Maybe meeting Federal troops from across the country, stopping at the family restaurant during Reconstruction, influenced his decision to join the army?

And don't worry, I got really lost in the details and history trying to find the right forts/situation to set the starting point of this very story

Wilderness Soul

This looks interesting and I may have the perfect character already made for this RP.

But that depends on how plausible it would be to have elemental magic wielding caveman riding dinosaurs in the other world. xD

IrishWolf

Dinosaur riding caveman sounds good. The elemental magic? Well I suppose that depends on how flashy it is. Are we talking something shaman-like, they do a little ritual dance and it start/stops raining or they snap their fingers and can start a fire, etc?

zombreach

Player: Zombreach

Name: Ulta

Profession: Forager

Languages: Signing, vocalizations, and broken English.

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Appearance: Standing at 5’6”, Ulta is slender and fairly tall for a woman of her times. She has expressive chocolate brown eyes, full lips, and tightly kinked black hair, which falls a little below her shoulders when freshly washed. Typically adorned in animal furs with her hair greased down, her caramel-colored skin is hidden beneath a white chalky substance with bold black lines. She has the scent of the flora/fauna about her when she is fully painted...which can be a bit offensive.

Images

NSFW

Gear: Ulta has a bone-handled knife at her waist and a spear in her hand.  In an animal hide sack across her shoulders she carries her only other possessions: tools for making a fire (dried moss, two prepared sticks, and a length of twine), several worked stones for digging up roots, wooden bowls, braided rope, a small sack of dried meat, berries, miscellaneous pieces of bone and sinew, and a round stone (cat’s eye marble).

Backstory: Living in the land outside of time, Ulta and her people were always aware of the odd climatic storms and the strangers that occasionally slipped into their world. They looked upon it as an omen of apocalyptic events, as the storms always caused turbulence in their weather and heralded men with sticks that produced thunder that shattered stone. Fearing these events, the majority avoided the passengers that rode in on the waves. Through the passage of the years, the language of the foreigners was learned by the tribe in bits and pieces, soon to be passed on to each generation.

For Ulta, the story of the travelers was hardly more than a myth, for she had never seen them in her lifetime. She carried in her bag a small round stone which she had recently found, and although she knew it did not belong in her time, there was no one left of her clan for her to ask if it belonged to the other. Her group had never been large, and with the harshness of the past ten years, their numbers had dropped, the winters taking the youngest and the elderly. Predators, both humanoid and reptilian, had taken the rest, soon to leave the young woman on her own.

She had survived for almost a year now, but the harsh environment had taken its toll. Forced to become nomadic, she had lost a lot of her weight, necessary poundage and fat that would help her to survive the cold weather sure to come. Her only goal now is to get to a warmer environment in hopes of living through another season. It would mean learning new tricks to survive new foes, but it is her only hope.
Ons/Offs

Will work for cookies!

Currently not accepting new stories

IrishWolf

Oh very nice, I will be adding Ulta to the roster, when I get home. Feel free to move on over to the in and out of character threads.

Wilderness Soul

Quote from: IrishWolf on October 29, 2021, 10:37:44 AM
Dinosaur riding caveman sounds good. The elemental magic? Well I suppose that depends on how flashy it is. Are we talking something shaman-like, they do a little ritual dance and it start/stops raining or they snap their fingers and can start a fire, etc?

It would be akin to what they dd in Avatar the Last Airbender, that work or no?

IrishWolf

Yeah, I think that would be a bit too much. I'm looking for more subtle magics in this setting. 

Wilderness Soul

Lol ok, still plan to join just need to rethink a char, but if the dino riding caveman part works I'll stick with that premise and see what I can build around it.

Player: Wilderness Soul

Name: Zurk

Profession: Hunter and Survivor

Languages: Only knows a Primitive language that relies more on reading body language and subtle sounds like grunts or whistles, but being such a primitive language means it works great to bridge communication gaps.

Sexual Preference: Dom in all forms of sexual encounters, but prefers women.

Appearance: (picture is fine but please add a written description)

Zurk

The last of an ancient tribe of giant humans, Zurk is 7'5 and weighs a mighty 500 pounds of thick long muscles. His skin is unclean and often covered in tribal pant and general dirt, but bits of deeply tanned manflesh does show through the paint and muck from time to time.

Like the rest of him Zurk's hair is dark and matted likely never having seen any form of combing or hard scrubbing in decades. Dependent on the weather he's either dressed as above or wearing armor made of Dino and Megafauna fur that can resist the stone and bone tools and weapons of his enemies as well as the teeth and claws of the animals in his lands. And with dark brown eyes he watches the world around him always watching and waiting.

Gear: While most everything he needs he can easily gather from the world around him he does carry the large stone axe in the image with him everywhere using it as a walking stick as much as a weapon and tool. He also carries a long length of leather and a pouch of stones he uses to mostly hunt with. He also carries spare water skins and some fire making tools just in case.

Aside from his walking axe there is only one other thing he always has with him. Is Redscale his mobile home, mount, and truest friend.

Backstory: Born years ago to the last two members of the Mountain Tribe after a long and bloody war with the Plains Tribe that had been encroaching on the foothills around Gray Peak. Both sides were devastated, but the Mountain Tribe was the only one wiped out as they were unable to breed quick enough to keep up with the low land tribe. His parents fled with their newborn son into lands not even the Low Landers would try to enter.

The Valleys of the Thunder Lizards. Great terrible monsters with teeth, scales, and claws most of them are peaceful enough plant eaters. But others were ferocious hunters that had almost taken the life of the young family their first day in the Valleys. And if it weren't for his father's sheer size and strength they would not have survived. You see, Zurk's father was large even in the tribe of giants nearly ten feet tall he could snap the neck of the smaller dinos with his bare hands and square up with the bigger ones as long as he was armed. They soon carved out a life for themselves in a Valley filled almost exclusively with Plant Eaters. Hunting, foraging, even trying their hands at growing their own food it was a fine life for the last of the Mountain Tribe, but by the time Zurk would be entering adolescence the Plains Tribe had finally found them and dedicated themselves to wiping out the last remnants of their ancient enemies.

Just like on the mountain they began encroaching on the Great Valley having spent the last decade rebuilding their numbers and weaponry. But this time Zurk's family had an edge not even the enemy tribe could match. In the years since they had settled the Great Valley the intuitive giants had domesticated a family of the three horned Thunder Lizards and turned them into mobile homes, farming tools, and in this case war mounts. The six of them mowed down waves of the Plain Tribe who were still using stone tools and no armor, this war was over in the span of two weeks. But it was still not without costs, both of Zurk's parents were killed in the fighting, but this time he didn't have to run away to survive. He killed the Chief of the Plains Tribe and those few that were left fled the Great Valley and haven't been seen ever since. But with only himself and Redscale left alive there was noting keeping them in the Great Valley anymore so for a change Zurk decided to go hunt down the rest of the Plain's People instead of them doing the hunting. At sixteen sun cycles of age he left the only home he'd known never to turn back.

The couple of decades he was true to his word of hunting down the Low landers that had wiped out his tribe. The men and boys he destroyed without mercy, the girls and women that didn't try to fight him were left alive for his pleasure until he grew bored and traded them to other tribes he had come across as he traveled though the wild and varied lands outside his Valley. Most were half naked savages like himself, but others wore strange clothes and carried strange tools, but like all the others tribes they were always happy and eager to trade for the wild and sensual Plains women he had with him. A generally fit and husky skinned people, the exotic beauty of the conquered tribeswomen always fetched good trades. Many shiny baubles or containers of harsh tasting liquid that made his head swim joined the loot he would carry with him upon Redscale's back. Now at thirty-one sun cycles Zurk is on the hunt for the last member of the Plains people ready and eager to end this war once for all. What he plans to do afterwards though he hasn't thought about, maybe this last member would another attractive woman and he would keep this one to be first wife and begin rebuilding the mountain tribe with her. But first he would need to survive that long and with much more strange weather happening around him Nature might decide his revenge will never be fulfilled.

IrishWolf

A giant riding a triceratops? I like it. I'll add Zurk to the list

Wilderness Soul

Awesome, I will catch up around the OOC and IC tomorrow sometime and work on a post shortly thereafter.

Nadore

Hi! New E member here!

I'm interested in the scenario, but how do you feel about Super Natural Weapons? Not weapons that can cause cataclysmic damage or anything like that, but a spear and a shield that can never miss (when thrown) or is unbreakable, maybe keeps the wielder safe from extreme temperatures that sort of thing. Or rather, what is the most that you would take for a weapon that would be considered supernatural? It's really just a small change if it doesn't work out.

IrishWolf

Welcome to E Nadore!

Now then I suppose that it would depend on how much said spear corrects so that it always hits. Are we talking like the spear making 90 degree turns mid flight and hitting a target well beyond what anyone could ever hope to throw it?  Or are we talking slight corrections within a reasonable throw?

And an unbreakable shield sounds alright, as long as it not impossibly huge.

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Nadore on November 03, 2021, 12:26:56 AM
Hi! New E member here!

Hello Nadore, welcome to party! Looking forward to RPing with you.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Nadore

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on November 03, 2021, 06:38:18 PM

Hello Nadore, welcome to party! Looking forward to RPing with you.

Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to RPing with you too!

Quote from: IrishWolf on November 03, 2021, 06:31:28 PM
Welcome to E Nadore!

Now then I suppose that it would depend on how much said spear corrects so that it always hits. Are we talking like the spear making 90 degree turns mid flight and hitting a target well beyond what anyone could ever hope to throw it?  Or are we talking slight corrections within a reasonable throw?

And an unbreakable shield sounds alright, as long as it not impossibly huge.

Thanks for the welcome!

For the spear, it will only correct itself within a few centimeters of it missing an inch or 2 at most. So if a stab were to miss within its reasonable "hitbox range", it will automatically correct itself to either land the stab, cut off someone's hair or graze their shoulder, etc. For throw range, it would be at max, the range of an Olympic level javelin tosser, so it won't be stretching across the continent and whatnot, plus the spear still has to be retrieved once thrown. Furthermore, the unmissable spear is an ability that has to be activated subconsciously to use, and when in use, the usage of the shield will be prohibited.

As for the shield, I was thinking that it would be the size of a buckler to maybe the size of the shields you see in 300, but probably the size of a buckler.

I was curious, since I wanted to possibly make a character that has their gear buffed by Shaman magic (rituals and whatnot), but they also come with their heavy drawbacks.

Bow and Arrow, same concept as the Spear, can't miss within a reasonable distance, but also can't move when in use (as in the user must remain stationary at all times in firing position) and the arrow must be fired regardless. Olympic level archer.

Shoes/Heels, quick burst of speed (think Usain Bolt), but extreme fatigue after the burst, as in, you're literally too tired to move and must be carried.

These effects can only be used every 24hrs and must be renewed by performing a "ritual."

If this is too overboard, I'll just stick to the unmissable spear!

IrishWolf

Well Nadore, all of that sounds good. I can't wait to see your character sheet.

Nadore

Player: Nadore

Name: Hora

Profession: "Champion"

Languages: The Languages of the "Others," Veurr Language, Plains "Language"

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual, Sub in most situations, group, rough, size difference, interracial

Appearance:
Hora

Hailing from the Veurr Tribe of the far frozen north, the "Champion" Hora stands at 5'6" and weighs a lean 120lbs. Her perfect, milky white skin is accompanied by her toned hourglass figure, she has the perfect amount of fat in all the right places.

Her blonde hair flows freely, though is often tied into a ponytail. However, her head isn't the only place where hair is visible. She has a small tuft of hair under her armpits and her pubic bush peeks from underneath her undergarment, or therefore lack of.

On the right side of her body, from her hips to her ribcage, runs a Nordic-looking tattoo and on the small of her back, a butterfly.

Gear: Hora wields the Champions Spear, Champions Shield, Champions Heels, and the Champions Bow. Along with these, she has an assortment of potions and vials attached to her belt.

She wears the Champions "Armor," which is not exactly armor. It is but a simple Cloth Bikini top, that barely covers anything and an extremely long and thin loincloth that is easily blown by the wind. A cloak drapes over her shoulder, possibly providing shelter from the elements.

Backstory:

The Veurr Tribe is a mysterious and shamanic tribe that resides deep within the Volhanor Mountain Range. Each generation, the tribe chooses a Boy or Girl at the age of 3 to undergo "Champion" training until adulthood. From the ages of 3 to 19, they are trained in Close Quarter Combat, Ranged Combat, Weapon combat of their choice, language, and alchemy, to a proficient level. From the age of 20 and onwards, they are to engage in nightly stamina training, along with their standard training.

Once ready, the Champions are to engage in ritual combat with their shamans. The shamans of each generation are to sacrifice themselves to their champions in order to imbue them with enhancements. For every unique blood signature, is one enhancement.

The Champions Weapon - Hora chose a spear. The Spear is imbued with the power to never miss at a hair's length. However, if the power is used, the Champion is to remain defenseless.

The Champions Shield - A buckler imbued with the power of indestructibility. When in use, the Champion will draw all arrow fire, however, the champion will be left without a way to counterattack.

The Champions Shoes - In Hora's case, she chose High Heels. A pair of shoes imbued with the power of quick bursts of speed. However, if the power is used, the Champion is to be completely exhausted.

The Champions Bow and Arrow - A bow with the ability to never miss. However, if the power is used, the Champion is to remain stationary and must fire the arrow, regardless of circumstances.

Hora was chosen as this Generation's Champion. She trained specifically in Spear and Shield combat, with High Heels as her shoes of choice, "To step over the snow," as she always told her instructors. For years she trained and trained, ready for when she will be called to action. Her training, as expected by everyone was completed when she was 34 years of age. Always exactly one year before the arrival of the "Others." Over the course of her training, she'd learn potion-making, allowing her to craft potions that turn its consumer into raging monsters, incapable of harm or thought. As well as strange "Elixirs," which she definitely learned to do herself.

Since completion of training, she meditates daily on the snowy, frozen peaks of Valhanor, awaiting for the "Others" arrival.

Despite the Tribe creating such powerful Champions, their Champions holds these simple tenets:

• A champion must not engage in combat unless the endangerment or death of an "Other" is imminent.
  • A champion is to aid and guide the "Others" on their journey, in any way possible, except in combat situations.
  • A champion is to help acclimate "Others" to the new land.
  • A champion's life is forfeit upon the "Others" acclimation to the land.

Wilderness Soul

IrishWolf

My apologies Nadore, I should have gotten back to you sooner. All I can say is work has been rough the past few days.

Anyways, Hora looks very interesting. Those shoes might be the only time high heels have helped anyone run faster. The only thing I would request is to remove the bit about not telling the others the way to go back home. Simply put, there isn't one.

Nadore

QuoteMy apologies Nadore, I should have gotten back to you sooner. All I can say is work has been rough the past few days.

That's absolutely fine! IRL should always take precedent!

QuoteAnyways, Hora looks very interesting. Those shoes might be the only time high heels have helped anyone run faster. The only thing I would request is to remove the bit about not telling the others the way to go back home. Simply put, there isn't one.

Haha, I know. Duly noted, I'll change it to something else. Maybe, that the Champion is to protect them until they are fully settled in and know the lay of the land etc.?