News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

SCREAM! RPG horror game

Started by steelsmiter, September 01, 2021, 11:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athem

Here's Pandora, after enjoying her vacation at Gopher Lake  ;D

Name: Pandora Blackwood

Description
Pandora is a pale-skinned brunette, her hair shoulder-length and layered to give it the sort of casual look easily achieved by an expensive hair stylist. Her accent immediately identifies her as English 'county set' (the lower end of the upper class). She has a fondness for tight jeans and boots, including leather when riding her motorbike. She enjoys being looked at, but is discerning about her sexual partners. She thinks she's tougher than she really is. (Face claim: Eliza Dushku)

Background
Pandora is an upper-class English girl, majoring in Business Studies in the US. She's tended to be something of a dabbler, with a broad range of interests thanks to her curiosity. Which just ensures she'll get into plenty of trouble.
(To be linked to the haunted house background)

Character sheet

Attributes
(S)trength    2
(C)harisma    4
(R)easoning   3
(E)ndurance   2
(A)gility     4
(M)orale     25

Knacks
Business
Martial Arts
Motorcycles
Seduction
Sports

Advantages
Broadly experienced (2)
Lovely accent (2)
Sacrifice clothes (1)

Disadvantages
Bespectacled (-1) [Usually wears contacts]
Curiosity (-2)
Hydrophilic (-2)

Gear
(GV 4+1=5, 16+6+3=25 points in total)
(4) A week of Flawless clothes that Look Good On Camera, 1d10x100 in bank account, Modest gold jewelry, brand new Honda Shadow Phantom motorbike
(3) Name-brand smartphone (iPhone), Average stripperific leather armor (more 'thin and tight' than literally 'stripperiffic', but same effect)
(1) Toiletries, Backpack, Flashlight

More pics:

steelsmiter

Quote from: Athem on October 03, 2021, 10:18:57 AM
Here's Pandora, after enjoying her vacation at Gopher Lake  ;D
Awesome! Thanks!
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

steelsmiter

Things have slowed back down on my end and I'm prepared to go over the sheets of up to 5 other players.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Raku

Sorry I completely forgot that I need to do my sheet.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Raku on October 25, 2021, 05:38:23 PM
Sorry I completely forgot that I need to do my sheet.
Oh no worries, it's one of those sort of deals where we were at that point, and I suddenly picked up 3 RPs, which dropped down to 2, and have bumped back up to 3, but they still slowed down. Like I was really packed when I posted on October 2nd, posting like 5-7x a day. Now it's 2-3.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

rekhaiyer

I would like to give this a try if there are spots available?
Cravings & Ideas
O/O

"Here Come the Hawks!" Toews <3

steelsmiter

Quote from: rekhaiyer on November 06, 2021, 04:50:29 AM
I would like to give this a try if there are spots available?
So far there's only 1 sheet up, and from the looks of it, one in the works. Considering I'm looking for 5, I'd say there's spots.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

steelsmiter

Ok, so someone gave me an idea, if I can get 5 sheets by Christmas, I'll consider an alternate version of this. Instead of being a post apocalypse, Santa thinks kids are redeemable, and every kid that's on the naughty list is because of older people that should know better, or because they were kids that had the opportunity to learn. He's decided coal's not working, and that he will systematically go to cities that he deems most naughty, one by one, and randomly take out as many naughty people as he can. His primary weapon is a sharpened candy cane, but he's got a whole bag worth of gifts. It's crazy how many people in America want some kind of weapon or weaponizeable tool or kitchen appliance.

I don't play in PMs
O/Os

steelsmiter

Sorry to bump this again, but I just randomly also thought that the idea presented where the villain is Santa, could actually still work with the haunted house idea, as one of the following:

1) An elder in a family has bought the house, and a whole family has decided to stay there. The house also happens to have rumors about being haunted by a spirit of a person that got stuck in the chimney on Christmas.
2) Every year, St. Nicholas decides that one town with an abundance of naughty listers all disappear from the Town Hall (or equivalent) community Christmas Party. Some of them are not actually naughty listers. They all are teleported to Santa's Mansion at the North Pole. Oh well. Gotta break a few eggs to make gingerbread and egg nog.
2a) Perhaps the souls of the dead who are teleported there are used to create new elves for the factory?
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Athem

1) I like the 'house haunted by a person who got stuck in the chimney' idea, but I think the victims being the family could be too limiting. Or maybe not, seeing your other post  :-)

2) Evil St. Nicholas also sounds interesting (and room for the old gag that Santa is an anagram of Satan); my only hesitation is that horror relies on the victims having the potential to escape, even if it's slammed shut right at the end.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Athem on November 21, 2021, 10:49:17 AM
1) I like the 'house haunted by a person who got stuck in the chimney' idea, but I think the victims being the family could be too limiting. Or maybe not, seeing your other post  :-)
Oh that house has no malice, it just likes to watch people fuck each other ;D. It's true that limiting the victims to family would be pretty bad especially since the family would logically have kids and I don't like kids in my horror games, 'cause I'm not doing the whole kid death thing, and I'm not giving players that kind of plot armor.

Another angle is that several families did move in, and a 19th century chiminey sweep (who would of course have been a kid) has been drawing spirits of children, so the house is infested with many ghosts of the children the sweeper has tricked into it. Cue I dunno, some paranormal college class full of teens comes in to separate facts from rumors?

Quote2) Evil St. Nicholas also sounds interesting (and room for the old gag that Santa is an anagram of Satan); my only hesitation is that horror relies on the victims having the potential to escape, even if it's slammed shut right at the end.

I'm not sure what would prevent them from it other than the assumption that both entities are immortal, and there's no physical teleportation device like a sleigh with demonic reindeer, one of which has a brilliantly shining red nose. But even with stories about escaping from/killing immortals, I'm fond of the plot device that there is some sort of mortalizing plot device.

Sample Plot Devices
In F13, I think it would have been his mask at one point but I don't know subsequent writers mitigated that. In Lumberjack Man it was a vat of maple syrup, for Santa it could be anything from burning down his toy factory to using his own spiritual trappings against him (like impaling him on a sharpened candy cane, causing a reindeer stampede, finding a way to free the elves/spirits from their servitude?) something inspired by the life and/or death of the actual St. Nicholas.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Athem

Quote from: steelsmiter on November 21, 2021, 11:26:03 AM
I'm not sure what would prevent them from it other than the assumption that both entities are immortal, and there's no physical teleportation device like a sleigh with demonic reindeer, one of which has a brilliantly shining red nose. But even with stories about escaping from/killing immortals, I'm fond of the plot device that there is some sort of mortalizing plot device.
It was the 'at the North Pole' I was thinking of  ;D

steelsmiter

Quote from: Athem on November 21, 2021, 03:08:02 PM
It was the 'at the North Pole' I was thinking of  ;D
Sure, but they're teleported there, so I imagine there's a way to teleport back. Even if there isn't, there's always the possibility of the dream/asylum option  >:)
I don't play in PMs
O/Os