Dragonkind Idea Discussion

Started by Rogue, November 22, 2012, 12:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue

Quote from: AutoTune on November 21, 2012, 11:12:44 PM
I was thinking of a silly little non-adult roleplay about Dragon Kind, special dragons who are Dragon by day, all powerful and awesome who can fly, talk and cast magic, but can be human by night, by the light of the moon.
They must choose a life between being Dragon or Human upon their 24th birthday, and would be thrown into exile if they do not decide within the year of their birthday; they do this because they turn Changed, into Vampire Dragons/Humans, and must live away from both their dragon and human lives.

AutoTune

Okay! Here goes nothing.

In a world co-existing with our own, but in a different realm entirely, there lies an older species of human, decendent of the Faerie People and born into the most fabled creatures in earths history; They are changelings, people who take two solid forms, bent into two realities, our reality, here on earth, and a second reality, in their own.
They look like, behave like and reason like humans, and live amungst us, in our work offices, classrooms, stores and streets, seamlessly melding into our lifestyle; we may be one of them, we may actually have been apart of them, we just might no longer remember.
The only truths of their existence is in our cultures, rapidly fading stories of Beowulf and Goerges' Dragons, realities that we no longer recall as actual points in history; in their own world they live as dragons by day, flying in the skies effortlessly, and clawing the earth and stone to make dens.

They hunt and eat their own food, they craft rough books and settlements, living with their dragon clans and tribes in a loosely knit city, so unlike our own ways of living, yet so simplisticly familiar; just and effortless display of majesty, where dragon and the land weave together.
These dragons are taught both the ways of human and dragon, from upon hatching to their 24th birthday; they live both their dragon life, and a human one, making friends and enemies in both realities, and knitting relationships in both.
Falling in and out of love, making enemies that antagonize them for what ever personal reasons, and discovering more secrets about their families and heritages.
These juviniles are born with a greater responsabily then anyother adolecent in the realms, for upon their said 24th birhtday, they must choose to continue either their human life, or thier dragon life, and are requred to never look back on that choice.

Should they delay their choice to the dawn after their birthday, then they will be exiled, driven out regardless of who their parents are or what their wishes might be, and for good reason; they become Fallen, vampiric, a high cost to pay in order to keep thier human and dragon halves.
Vamprism makes the dragons colors fade to a dull, dead shade, and to lose the ability to ever weild a breath weapon, and to never be able to breed or take a mate; in the human half, it makes him or her feel the unbarable need to feed upon his or her own kind, to bite like the vampire bat, and drain the host of blood.

Vamprism is not acceptable in dragon society, and the Fallen HumanDragon is banished to the Human world, our world, which is probably why dragon and vampire lore has erupted to such popularity as of late.

For now, though, as a juvinile being in this race, are you ready to choose? Will you be able to give up dragon life, free, powerful, and nearly imortal? To live with the human reality? Or could you give up human life, bonding with people, friends, childeren and pets, to become a dragon, to live forever in solitude, with one or two companions?

The choice is yours, and yours alone, but decide as soon as you can; exiled as an undead canibal is not a worthy existance, unless you planned to live without starting a family...

Huzzah! There it is, a short description of what I was thinking of for way to long; yes, its out of my head!

Rogue

Alrighty then, first question that pops into my mind is magic. They are descended from the fae (fairies/children of Oberon) so what sorts of magics are available to them in dragonkind form, and post 24, human or dragon form. (Breath weapons I know so you don't have to re-mention those. I do have further questions about those though)

The next would be interactions with the human world. How much interaction are they allowed outside of their city? Are they allowed modern conveniences? Do humans know they exist on any level? This applies more to the government. Would the president know these people exist? If an accident were to occur, would they be taken to a lab or would they be protected?

Describe the Realm (as I will call the other world for now). Is it as big as the real world or even bigger? Has it modernized or is it more medieval? Do other races exist in that world, such as the Fae? If so, which races, and how do they interact with the dragonkind.

How are the dragonkind born? Is it reliant on children being born before their 24th? If so, what system is in place for the children to be raised? Are all humans expelled from the Realm? Do all dragon children end up as Dragonkind?

Why do their behavioral patterns change? Is it a more gradual change, or do the dragon sides grow that quickly so they can't generally live together is large colonies without causing a raucous? What type of dragons are these anyways? Are we assuming western/D&D style, Eastern, Original? And how quickly do they grow?

That's all I can think of for now... plus I think I should stop because these are a lot of questions...

AutoTune

My my, how about you ask one important question at a time, xD It's stiiiilll just a work in progress, I have'nt wrote anything solid down.

The fabled Faerie world is said to be the land where most myths had been born, but no one really remembers what it had been like; its a mysterious, secret realm that few are aware of, and even less know enough of to really grasp the idea of what it was.
It is their Starclan, it is the one true source of every fairy tale, it never existed, but it can be found everywhere; elvens, fairies, gryphons, phoenix, pegasi and unicorn are said to have been forged here by the use of faerie dreams, sending one of each to every world in existance, to preserve the well being of Magic's Belief.
It is unaccesable, no more then an old story to the Dragon Kind.

(Think of the Fairy World in the Magic Of Kingdom of Landover book series, by Terry Brooks, plainly speaking; it was once real, but no longer to the modern world.
Sorry if you don't know that series. :3)

Moving on to the juvinile human/dragons...
They are born either here in our real world as human childeren, and sent to the Dragon World to train in their other life at the age of 16; or in some cases, are hatched as young dragons in the Dragon World, and are raised to about 16 to be sent to the Human World, to live a human life. (highschool, college, jobs, traveling and what not...)
They are required to never take a mate in either life, and must not bond to seriously until their 24th birthday; should they do so, nothing serious really happens, but should they be found out, their right to choose either life is stripped and they head striaght for Vampiric Punishment.

The Human Half:
The human half, either in the juvinile or after-24th birthday choice, usually remains a reflection of the dragon it represents, as if an alternate ego. (yee! Alternate Life! Yes I got a good name for it now.)
But more or less, depending on the personality, remain to appear a very normal random human; they have no dragonish traits, and are as diverse and unique as any human imaginable.

The Juvinile Dragon:
Any human/dragon in the span between birth and their 24th birthday have a human form and a dragon form, and both sport the same traits and appearances; the dragon half is usually no bigger then a Horse, and no smaller then a Great Dane, and come in many shapes, sizes, colors, patterns and races of dragon, and are just as variable and mixed as humans on earth.
Juvinile dragons cannot weild strong magic, only being able to look into water and see a glimpse into the past, heal minor ailments, speak with every animal in its tongue and conjour small bursts of elemental flares, like fire sparks, lightening fizzes, snow flurries and rain splashes.
Juviniles cannot weild any breath weapon, but can fly if they have wings, or have the help of levitating magic. (I.E. a full grown Lung Dragon nearby, lending its magic of wingless flight to help, like a parent dragon.)

The Adult Trueblood Dragon:
A juvinile that chooses to live as a dragon will remain to be a dragon for life, and will be expected to find his or her own territory, leave his or her own parents alone unless summoned, hunt for his or her own food and do what ever it is that he or she fancies, like studying books, writing scrolls or forming small clans.
Dragons who choose to remain dragons live for extremely long lifespans, almost thought to be imortal, but can die of illness or injury; they often double in size with in the next 24 years, (48) and will grow up to be massive, nearly the same weight as a full grown elephant, if not slimmer in appearacne.
They will develope thier breath weapon glands, found in what would be a gullet in a bird; fire, lightening, ice shards, shadow breath and starflecks, amung other things, are known to comprise of their breath weapon, but its entirely up to the individual.
Magic like energy throwing, wingless levitation, aura sensing, seeing the past, present and future in still water and healing things on the brink of death are known to be under every full dragons weild, but it may take centuries for the dragon to master these powers; no dragon can heal vamprism, or bring back the dead.

The fallen vampire:
Vampire Dragons are dull in color, frozen in the size that they were in upon vampiric infection; they cannot eat, drink or breath a breath weapon, and nor can injuries heal as quickly as they would in actual life.
Their once exellent vision is left with them barely being able to see ten feet in front of them, and the usual need to be with at least one companion vanishes, making them want to sulk alone.
Their human half is no better, usually with pale, unreflective skin and dull eyes.
The Human Vampire has limited vision, but have sharp hearing, able to hear the tip of a pencil scribbling at a peice of paper a mile away, and they're exclusively nocturnal, emerging out into the night to hunt.
Vampires are intensely social in human form, mingling with other vampires and humans often, and remaining surprisingly loyal to individuals.
Feeding takes place by waiting for a selected human prey, nothing else, is alseep, and bites his or her neck or wrist, and drains the blood in a similiar manner as the quite real Vampire Bat from Africa; they only need a few tablespoons of blood to quinch their thirst, and usually feed from the same individual (with the said host knowingly or unknowingly, depending on the relationship it has with the vampire) until for any reason must switch to a new one.
Vamprism is not transmitable, and a vampire cannot make any new vampires, dragon or human, and cannot breed; nor do they have any rivalry with any other Hollween-ish type creatures, unless actual challenges over territory disputes occur.

Trivia:
The Human Wolrd does not know that their are dragons living, and they also do not know dragons live amung them; those that do know are the families that were once dragon, but chose to live human lives.
Humans that were once dragon who have families with normal humans do not produce any half-dragon childeren, and do not need to go to the Dragon Realms.

Curiously, dragons who chose to be dragons, who breed with the dragons in the Dragon World, produce the same Dragonkind hatchlings that are sent to the human world.

The Dragon world is vast, a beautiful, untouched realm governed by five Dragon Rulers, who divided the lands into five vast kingdoms.
Bamboo Mountains, Deserts and Savanahs, Rocky Coasts, Jungle Reefs, Dry Canyons, Swamplands that dry up in the summers, Forests of both temperate and boreal, with trees as tall as Lady Liberty, Tundras and alpines that reach higher then Everest, and oceans so deep the dragons themselves don't even know what may lay beneath it.
The hatchlings that are 16 years old are brought to a taining camp at the dead center of the kingdom, where they can do thier dragon training, and enter the portal alter that leads to the Human World; it is only active after dusk, when the dragon juviniles are in human form.

Whew that was a lot to write in one breath! xD I'll get this all sorted later, when I get some feed back or suggestions.

Rogue

Okay, so in that one frantic breath, you have answered pretty much all the questions I'd need to answer to make a solid character with background and all as well as make a solid plot. As for it still being a work in progress, that's kinda why I'm wanting you write it up in here. That way we can get a nice solid role play going. :) I ask a lot of questions because that's the way my mind works. If I don't get them out, I'll forget them until the most inconvenient time. You don't have to answer all of them at the same time. About half of them are fleshy questions that you'd have to think up eventually anyways as the creator of this race.
I had only two questions. Then I realized what other questions your answers might bring up... And then other questions popped into my head... O:) I'll try to tone it down.

Are there vampire hunters? If so, is there some sort of system set up for them to get paid/get weapons/get information? How old would you have to be to be one? If they don't exist, why?

Quote from: AutoTune on November 23, 2012, 03:05:25 AM
The fabled Faerie world is said to be the land where most myths had been born, but no one really remembers what it had been like; its a mysterious, secret realm that few are aware of, and even less know enough of to really grasp the idea of what it was.
It is their Starclan, it is the one true source of every fairy tale, it never existed, but it can be found everywhere; elvens, fairies, gryphons, phoenix, pegasi and unicorn are said to have been forged here by the use of faerie dreams, sending one of each to every world in existance, to preserve the well being of Magic's Belief.
It is unaccesable, no more then an old story to the Dragon Kind.

So the way the dragon world was initially described to me was sort of a side world (in my head similar to Avalon.) So there's a third world as well that that belongs to the Fae that no one knows really exists? Do elves, fairies, gryphons, phoenix, Pegasus and unicorn still exist on either of the worlds we'd be dealing with? Also, could it be a pair at least to each world, male and female, or are they true immortal? (True immortal is you can be shot with 50000 bullets and still be okay. Immortal is you live until you get killed. I believe I got the word concept from one of Tamara Pierce's quartets. It's proven useful.) Also, how many worlds do we know exist do we have access to?

I'd like a little more of a description of the government that exists in dragon land and how/if they co-exist with the human government. (Before you say no, humans don't know about them, keep in mind you said some humans do and some of those humans could have infiltrated the governments quite thoroughly. Think Torchwood for instance. Not a public sector of the government but very much extant.)

I think that's all right now. Trust me, if we were having dialogue, you wouldn't be going nearly as crazy.  ;D

AutoTune

Your the best cassie xD no one i rped with was never so interested in helping with my ideas; its a good practice for me.

Lets see, the humans who know of the dragon world usually don't tell anyone about it, (maybe they could take vows or something? i dunno, did'nt work that out) and even if they did try to tell some one, the chances of them believing it is slim unless proof is presented; there are, however, plenty of normal human clubs and cults (usually good ones) who are in charge of keeping fables and legends in preservation, who follow the same practices as Merlin and other old sorcerors in history.

The dragon rulers in the five kingdoms could care less about Earth's affairs, and for several reasons; their portal to earth is only active at night, when the juviniles change into their human form, either willingly or against it, since their transformations are involintary, and the humans they might bring back into the dragon world by accident usually never remember what happened to them, unless they are given permission to do so from one of the dragon rulers. (maybe humans can wish to become dragons? that sounds like a neat idea, if they are virgin and take dragon vows... i dunno yet.)

Full Dragons have nothing to do with Earth, and would usually never take the portal to the human world; most are too tall and too wide anyway, for the portal is only 6 feet tall and 4 1/2 feet wide, made of polished granite, while dragons are slightly bigger then that.

The only known accesable worlds are the Dragon World, which may have the occasional stry unicorn, phoenix or other myth creature, and the Human World; where ever the other creatures live either keep dragons and humans out by using older magic, or they are simply just not real.

The dragon world behaves aggressively toward vampirekind only when driving them out of their world, and are usually noble or knightly when doing so; perhaps they are superstitious that if the vampiredragons bite the adults or their unhatched eggs, it will destroy their ability to breed, so the tradition of banishing them became natural.
Wether or not this is true in unknown.

Vampire hunters in the human world are unheard of, but personal disputes between individual humans and vampires are common.

Dragon Law dictates dragons must continue their young adult training from their 24th birthday to their 100th; after this time, dragons of mature adult age (100) should leave their parents territory all together, and seek out their own.
Dragon couples guard their territory feircely during their nesting seasons, when they have juviniles younger then 16 on their territory, driving out anyone who they do not fully trust upon first sight.
The kingdoms are simple: either a male or female can rule their kingdom, and the eldest or most respinsible of their offspring takes his or her place after retirement or dreath.
On less common occasions, but not unpracticed, is when a ruler chooses a non-royal dragon in their kingdoms community to take their place should the ruler die.
The ruler is addressed as an OverLord, no matter the gender, and their second in command (either eldest in their brood, or a choiced individual) is called a Captain, no matter the gender.
Multible overlords and captains can be in control over a single kingdom, up to three, creating something similiar to a guild or senate.
The rest of the dragons keep to themselves, and the rulers are in charge of monitoring live prey count, making sure the other kingdoms are'nt trespassing without permisdion, and keeping check on the dragons well being overall, settling small territory feuds and what-not.

Did I cover everything? I plan to re-organize this information into a better rp layout, later.
"3
In a later post, maybe i'll delve deeper into dragon law, too.

Rogue

Hehehe. Not quite, though a re-format would probably be appreciated.

So the change is involuntary??? That changes quite a bit. I'd always assumed that it was voluntary... My bad. So what exactly causes the change? How violent is the change? Which form is the natural form? How does time run across the universes? What happens if a juvenille gets stuck on the human plane?

Also, why are the juveniles forced into celibacy essentially? That sort of bugs me, mostly because hormones are a huge part of any teenager's life and dealing with those can cause quite a bit of hardship. While I understand that they probably don't want someone who might not be around the entire time they're alive to influence their decision, love and the desire to express that love comes at many ages. Having to suppress that natural response and very human interaction bugs me. Because correct me if I'm wrong, while they are also dragons, aren't they very much also humans? I mean I understand that it still can happen, and that it's only a problem if they're found out but... Oh god the plot! Never mind. Forgive me for questioning.

AutoTune

Lol its alright! Yes, its involintary, they cannot control when they are dragon or human, and its so unoticable during the change that the dragon or human can sleep through it. (And for decency's sake, when they change from dragon to human, they have all their clothes on.)

QuoteWhich form is the natural form?
The individual discovers this through the 16-to-24th year training proccess, either form can become prominately natural in the time it takes to complete the training.

The juviniles in question are actually entitled to be responsable of their virtue and have the right to brag about it after they have made thier descision; protecting their integrity and innocence is apart of their training, and if they prove that they are thinking mostly of their oppertunities and potential, and not distractions, then they could be well on their way to being good dragons.
Maybe if they don't follow this tradition and sort of fall in love and show it, and get caught, maybe the penalty is to not be allowed to be a dragon or human, depending in what ever form they were in when they broke traditon, instead of vamprism?
That seems a lot nicer then being driven out completely; they can still finish their training and what not, but if they are blessed with the birth of the offspring their disregard shown, they cannot decide for themselves what to be and only what they were when they broke the rules.

(I.E. if a juvinile dragon couple were blessed with a nest of eggs while training, they are to become dragons, no matter what they would have wanted)
How's that sound? Sorry if it was a harsh penalty before, I guess a little rearanging would'nt hurt. ^^

Time in the Dragon World is almost similar to Earth Time, and if a dragon got stuck in the human world while the sun was rising, he or she would be tugged to the portal back to the dragon world, just before transformation; while in the dragon world, it is completely optional to go to the human world when in the human form, since some juviniles might not like it there.
However! They must remain close by the portal alter area, maybe in an arena type place where the Juviniles gather to gossip or play around in games, like tussling or racing games.

I kind of had an idea for three characters, in the past couple months I've been playing around with it; one is striving to become a dragon, unlike his parents, named Blake, and the other is training to stay human so he can remain to be with his parents on earth, and his name is James.
The last is a girl that attends the school James goes too, and is participating in the dragon trianing with Blake in the dragon world; she was born dragon, but is fascinated with human life and culture.
I don't know which life she might choose yet, though. :P

What else did we not cover yet?
"D

Rogue

Ahhhh... the way you described that... Don't you think love always has opportunity? Maybe I'm just cheesy that way but that's just me. Being forced into a form seems much more reasonable.

I still don't understand when they change.... If they change at nightfall, how are young dragonkind who were born in the dragon world able to attend school and such with other humans. Human interactions seem a lot more limited than I was initially thinking. Also, are human born dragonkind sent through the veil at birth (with their parents of course)? Also I'd prefer if they started nude before putting on clothes, and not for entirely perverted reasons. If they start with having nudity as a regular thing, sex and fun in general would be a much more emotional bond than based on sexiness. Hopefully we both will be approved and on the other side by the time we get all of this fiddled out. I'd personally like to make my characters as natural as possible in that when they find someone they like, they can go through the entire relationship process, which to me eventually includes at least some fun time.

Now I have to go to work again! I didn't even get into any other things I might want to talk about... >.<

AutoTune

oh its alright! i have plleeennnty of time to wait, i spend weeks plotting out rps so its fine with me; i'm as patient as a rock! ;D After I get most of the basic information out, we can get it sorted and stuff so it looks nice and neat, which could be finished by the time we're all approved.

So lets see, perhaps I can get rid of the clothes magicly appearing when changing, so that its more natural, unless they have an optional charm with them that allows clothes to appear? (for bashful rpers like me?) Charms could be a wearable magic, like a pendant on a necklace or bracelet, or maybe a ring or ear peircing.

And perhaps they're allowed to have suiters or sweethearts, they are just expected to not have sex until their choice is made? Light displays of affection should be fine.

Um, maybe juvinile dragons in the dragon world start training at 16, and any time before that they remain close to their dragon parents; it sounds kinda cute, a little tikester sitting in her mama dragon's forearms at night, looking up at the stars.

In the human world, if two dragonkin-humans have childeren, perhaps the kid lives out a normal human life until 16 (say for multible, reoccuring dreams about dragons), and will be ready to go to the dragon realm to start training at 16....?

As for the transformations, they become dragons at dawn, and remain this way until nightfall; during the night, they are human, and stay that way until dawn.

Vampire dragonkind can change back and forth between human and dragon at will.

How about any normal human, half dragonkin-human and normal human hybrid, at any age can try to become a dragon, they just need a lot more special training? If they are willing to give up their human life, and become a full dragon, if it truely is their wish, then they will be allowed passage into the dragon world at any time, and study; they are to live among the dragons, but be as unnoticable as possible, and to refrain from meddling in their business.
Once they learned enough from the dragons, and have been taught by a dragon mentor, they will be bestowed dragonship by one of the rulers. :)

See?
"D
if i did'nt get extra questions, I would'nt have thought of these little changes that i did'nt know it needed.
Initially, I was focused on making this a dragon roleplay, with humans as a side plot; i was'nt really delving deeper into the other what-not i forgot about.

Sorry there's limited human interaction, i can't figure out how to make it more...human-ish.
I do have other Dragon/Fantasy RPs, if your interested, but they're mostly about adventure. :p

Rogue

I do like adventures RPGs, although even adventure RPGs are a nice socializing place. I have only played adventure RPGs with my friends and have ended in a relationship with most of them (even pregnant in one, though that was not cuz of sex).
With shapeshifters though, I generally enjoy how their animal qualities and way of thinking affects their interactions. For this purpose, my favorite shapeshifters take Tiger and Wolf form because their mentality is so fundamentally different to me yet so the same. In this case, I will probably take someone born dragon who's extremely curious about the human realm. This will mean any character of mine will probably interact with humans a lot. That's probably why I'm thinking of all this.

For the clothing changes, I approve highly. It will probably be something that human born take on more naturally than dragon born children (since they're essentially nude all the time.) I like that they're allowed to have suitors and take place in romantic relationships while attempting to remain celibate. I would think that the parents, if they knew their partner was dragon kind, would tell their children what was going to happen so that it wouldn't freak them out as much. I think the scenario of two dragonkind finding each other late in life and finding out after they had kids that the other was dragonkind could be hilarious.

Also, why not human in the daytime and dragon at night? Seeing as most human interactions would take place in the daytime, such as school and such, why not? I know you were focused more on the dragon aspects, but I think having both aspects be really important (or being able to choose) would be awesome. Or you could even flip the days and nights of the worlds. Have night in the dragon world be day in the human world. :) While you and I think dragons are awesome, it would be better to have both sides available to players.

I also would like to further understand the training that dragonkind would receive. Would it be more like Harry Potter and have it be only stuff about dragons, or will they continue basic education so that those choosing to be human can survive in that world. This is another reason day and night being opposite each other would be awesome. By the time humans are 16, they are already entrenched in HS. They have already started discovering their place in the world, they already have a friend structure set up usually, even if it's very small or online. Leaving that is very hard and if you tell a 16 year old they have to leave behind everything in the middle of school, they will most likely flip out. Also, is it exactly on the 16th birthday that they start changing or more like puberty?

AutoTune

QuoteHave night in the dragon world be day in the human world.
Awesome idea! I like that, the timelines are reversed in the Dragon World and Human World; when the day fades to night in the human world, the dragon world is waking into a new day.
When the sun sets in the dragon world, dawn is breaking in the human world, and vice versa; I was'nt too sure at first when I was fiddling around with it if the times should be swapped, I was'nt quite sure if it would get to confusing.
I made it so dragonkind transform to humans at night because it just seemed more romantic, after a long day of training as a dragon, the juvinile can go back to being a human, with out the burden of wings or scales, and finally relax.

Now, how about in the dragon world, dragon born kiddoes naturally start changing between human and dragon within a few years of their life, since their magic roots are stronger, but in the human world, the kids of two dragonkind people start a sort of magic puberty; perhaps they frequently start dreaming of dragons and having strange food cravings around 14 that grow stronger through 15 and 16...?
Seems simple.

The Dragon Training has basic attack and deffense skills with either their parents or other kin in the dragon family, history of the lands with older scholarly dragons, (RPers responsability) hunting and foraging practices, flying practices and excirsises and spellbook studying (RPers responsability).
Human Training, should the Dragonkind want to, can go and participate in regular high school stuff, progressing to college, finding a job or career, hanging out with friends, joining Magic Enthusiest Groups (sorceror cults, usually good) and or solving antient mysteries of dragons in the Earth World

Trivia that I just thought up:
Charms, (enchanted wearable or carryable objects like jewelery or weapons) Potions, (A drinkable or edible thing that needs a recipe) and spells or curses casted by dragons are all allowed, and theres little limits as to what they can do. (thats realistic, no being indestructable or bringing back life from the dead and what-not, blah blah blah)
Appearing Clothes, Twice the Swiftness, Shadow Melting (disappearing), The Curse of Honesty, its up to the RPer.

Rogue

I'm glad you approve of my idea! I am curious though. Where is the portal? Are there multiple ones in the human world that lead to the one singular in the dragonworld, or is it one city that connects to dragon world? Are you expected to live in the one specific city if you and another dragonkind marry/have kids? Will dragons teach their young basic things that a sophomore in high school should know? Or at the very least make the materials available? Or are they intuitively knowledgeable about math and history and such?

The where of the portal will be nice and probably the final information I personally would need to get started. The rest is just fluff. :) If you want to come up with a plot or we can just start after we write up some character info. I expect this will probably be more based in character interactions than anything, unless you want to come up with a rogue vampire or something. :3

AutoTune

There is only one portal alter (a stone gateway type looking thing) in the center of the Dragon Realm, where all the five kingdoms meet, in a great big trade center or gathering place, whatever it can be reffered to; its a place of truce and fair game, territories are not aggressively guarded here.
Its near the temperate and boreal zones, so it gets yearly snowfalls at the end of autumn, like earth; its a grand area made of yellowed, cracked granite tile that make up a huge, 36 foot dias, with five arches made of the same material.
Overgrowth and ivy cluster thickly here, and the portal alter would be in the center of the dias.
What the other kingdoms home bases look like are up to the RPers, just like the other trivia; when dragonkind walk through the portal to the Human World, perhaps they appear in randomized locations in the USA, The United Kingdom, Bejing China, Japan, India or Egypt, or where ever else dragon-like myths in culture are prominant.
I'm not too sure how or where the dragonkind get back home, though, I did'nt get to that part quite yet.
But! The dragonkind are free to live where ever they choose should they need a place to stay in either world.
Um, maybe the dragonkind live normally in the human world, and send their kids to school and stuff, and perhaps in the dragon world, the paerent dragons teach them basic reading and writing and math, in both dragon and kid forms.

As for a plot, I got nothing. Cx
I'll make a little reformated presentation and get the information organized, and post it up to see what you think; copy-and-paste posts with your edits are okay, i'd love to see what you ideas you have. ^^

Rogue

Well, honestly, it would be easier to force character interactions if the 16 year olds-24 year olds had to train in groups. Other than that, a nice plot opener would be someone being forced out for being a vamp. They then start noming on people and that could be motivation enough to start some of those born human to want to try to stop them. It would be a gradual thing.... It would also cause friction between both worlds and how they act. Actually... I'm assuming vampires rarely happen right? Maybe once every 400 or so years you get a dragonkind stupid enough not to make the decision? Or, even better, it's not as bad as it looks and as people make out to be... You said they suck human blood, not that they had to drain it... Just an idea. I prefer my baddies in the style of GRR Martin. Oh these whitewalkers... oh you think they're evil... I'm just gonna dissuade that in my interview here... K thanks. (I'm not sure if you understand what I mean, but if not, you really need to go read A Song of Ice and Fire....)

AutoTune

Vampire 101 time! yayz!
Vampires in human form bite a human where blood is closest to the surface, but not area that might be too fragile, like close to an artery or the throat, like the lower side of the neck or the wrist, and lick the blood from the wound, like the real vampire-bat from the tropicals.
They only need less then a few tablespoons to be quenched, and either form will be regarded as evil or good depending on how they behave.
They can't make more vampires, and I like the idea of them happening rarely, (think it should be okay to rp as a vampire character, or should those be unplayable?)

Perhaps 400 years ago, the only son and daughter of a proud dragon lineage decided against their parents wishes, and chose not to choose; they probably have had no bonds or relationships to worry about, and were probably masterminds, intent on wealth and fame or something.
Perhaps they lived until this day, rp-wise, and have a vast range of hunting territory in New York, and have maybe have minions?

I don't know. :3

Rogue

OMG I just finished trying to convince you that the vampires should be neutral cuz I read in your intro that you prefer Dracula styled vamps. Hahahahaha.
Vampires should be only playable if you started as a regular character. Say if we make it to the 24 year mark and someone isn't sure which they want to be, they have to go through the rping process of not being able decide and being transformed. Also, is it around in the 24th year, or is it by the 25th birthday, or is it once again like the puberty thing, and you stop it by choosing which you want to be and go through this sorta ritual to choose?

I personally would prefer it if we just had one city where the characters interact. It would be so much easier for a group rp that way... However, choose your city wisely. *smiles maliciously*

AutoTune

Yeah, okidoki, one city to live in, but how about you chose one? C: All we need is the state and the city, and then we make up the names of the small towns and what not that could be dotted here and there, or other landmarks. This is getting to be very productive. ^^

Now, I was thinking that upon the dawn of the 24th birthday, the desicion had to be announced, and on that day alone, the dragonkind was given the will to choose which form to be in, volintarily; he or she would walk to the central dias at any given time in the day before sunset, in the audience of his or her friends, family, and one of the Dragon Rulers, who would have enough magic to make the transformation permanant.

Then the dragon would ask something along the lines like,

[the ruling dragon]
"I, [name of Overlord, example: Rethera ]Overlord of the [which ever kingdom, did'nt name those yet], look down upon this young DragonKind, and confirm his/her right to choose his/her fate; do you, [name of the dragonkind, example: Sam ] have had enough time to decide your path in life, and to cherish its possibilities, adventures and responsabilities?"

[the young dragon kind] "I have, and I chose to follow the path of the [human/dragon]"

[the ruling dragon] "Then by the powers of our Faerie Ancestors, I bestow upon you your permanent form; our ancestors value your [virtue, like courage], and your [second virtue, like honesty], and look down upon you as a full Dragonkind; may your life never cease to sastisfy your right to live."

Then the ruling dragon would either change him or her into a dragon or human by magic, or if he or she is already in that form, the dragon will make the form permanent.
Your thoughts? Like this idea, or should it be something different? C:

Rogue

Ah... Okidokie. That's a lovely ritual. As for a city, I kinda just found a map of the area with the most prominent Native American dragon legend in the US. It's in Illinois among the Mississippi. I kinda flipped a coin and used Madison, but it's more of the horseshoe lake. I figured it be better than in New England where I never heard of and couldn't research a relic of Dragons. Also, this is a smaller city. As for actually following streets are whatever, I don't care about that. It's way to much hell to keep in with. Local HS and college can be where ever, just in that area. The Horseshoe lake, looked promising as a spot for the portal. :)

MAP

AutoTune

Cool! Madison (City?), Illionois.
That sounds great, with the river and what-not.

Okidoki, i'll gather up the information and re-format it into a presentable Roleplay start, if we're sure we got everything covered C: and see what there needs to be doing to get a roleplay started.
Yeee ^^D

Premise

:Text here:

The Dragonkind

The Dragon

The Human

The Vampiric
-*-*-*-*-

The Dragon World

The Human World

Legends and Lore

*-*-*-*-

Rules

Guidelines

Sign-up Template:

Name:

Preferences:
Dragon Physical Appearance:
Human Appearance:
Usual Clothing:

Biography:
Other:

A rough layout of how i'll make it look.

Rogue

Looks awesome! Congrats on the approval btw! Now here's the question, are we gonna set this up as a group RP in the adult section or a group RP in the non-adult section?

AutoTune

Thankies! and congratulations to you too! ^^D

Sorry for the long absence, Its my birthday today. :3
Um, well, it does'nt matter to me where it's put, but I think it should be okay to post it in the Light Fantasy Area in the adult section. (:
I'll get to work on sorting the thing out tomorrow, should'nt take any longer then before tuesday.

Rogue

*giggles* It's fine. I've got finals this week so I'll be more off than on for a while. Happy Birthday btw! Once we get this set up, I'll put up an interest check in the group forums. :)