Interest Check: Tail

Started by TheBlackThrone, April 01, 2017, 10:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

Premise: I have this unique idea, but I want to know how much interest it would get before I’d bother writing up the OOC. I also want to know how much dedication it would get because I tend to get several people interested, but then when it comes time to create a CS, those who said they were interested don’t create a CS. So by saying you are interested in this idea, you are telling me that you would be willing to join the RP when it’s up and to story-weave with others. Character interaction is very important to me because when writers are comfortable with each other, then they are able to go farther with their stories. Any who, on to the idea…

Idea: This idea is based around “tails.” This is not a furry RP, and this will not be a trap/futa RP. Sorry, but no. It's more like biology. How when a fetus is developing, it has a tail and gills, but then the tail recedes and the gills vanish. What if the tail remained? So it's literally a play on that. Humans were abducted for a militaristic project that would make them into super weapons. How they were abducted and what sort of life they were abducted from is up to you. It may not have been an actual abduction. They could have been in the sort of job or position that knew about the project’s existence and when approached to volunteer, they willingly gave themselves up to it. Another character could have been a convict about to go on death row, but instead was whisked away to the project. They could have been a person on his or her way to class and was snatched off the street. They became just another “Missing Persons” to add to the board in every supermarket.

The experiment erases their past and doesn’t give them a new one or false one. The present becomes their reality, and the project and its mission is meant to become their lives. After undergoing experimentation, they are given tails that each player can describe the appearance of however they want. The tail functions like an actual tail, but it can be removed by the user, and when it’s removed, it becomes a weapon. The tails are what give the user their super human abilities and how they do so is up to the writers. The weapons the tails become can be guns, swords, blunt weapons, bows, etc. Whatever you want. They may not be actual physical weapons but a power such as cryokinesis, pyrokinesis, or grants them a supernatural ability.

The setting will be entirely fictional, and a hybrid between modern and futuristic. Vehicles do not fly, but there are advancements in military technology such as airships. The first portion of the RP is going to be spent inside the weapons training facility. The characters will be learning to fight as a team in simulated environments. They have strict instructors that treat them like objects rather than human beings, which will lead to either ONE of them or a few of the tail users to plan a breakout. They have never been outside the training facility and they don’t even know what kind of world exists out there thus there may be some fear. They don’t remember the sun, the sky, the beach, etc. So for them, escaping will be like stepping into a brand new reality. So, I’m going to stop right here because when we get there, then we’ll get there. I will be breaking this game into chapters. Chapter One will be their lives living in the facility.

Expectations: I want this game to be small because small games are easier to control and they tend to last longer (and also move at a speed comfortable for all players). So 6 players max to include the GM, so 5 is what I’ll be recruiting. I want either equally 3 males and 3 females; 4 males and 2 females; or 4 females and 2 males. I am open for more ideas to build on this blue print, but if you’re going to offer ideas, then I hope that you’ll join.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Juggtacular

Haven't been in a game with you in a while, Throne. This looks interesting though. I'm in if you'll have me.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 02, 2017, 07:34:05 PM
Haven't been in a game with you in a while, Throne. This looks interesting though. I'm in if you'll have me.

I'll have you just don't go god lord on me.  ;D
The gates are open

Juggtacular

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on April 03, 2017, 12:00:43 AM
I'll have you just don't go god lord on me.  ;D

Doable...I suppose.  >:)

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Here are some inspiring images:

I intend for the characters to no longer resemble what they used to look like. Like maybe a change of features as a side effect of experimentation, which makes it difficult for anyone to remember who they were when they escape later in the story.
The gates are open

xPeachyPuff

I would be interested, though it's been a bit since I've written anything on here. I have a lot of free time at the moment so I kinda wanna get back into writing anyway c: I may be a bit of a slow poster though, if that's okay with all interested parties.

- Rainbow ♥