News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Old Search Thread

Started by Pyrelily, August 25, 2017, 08:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyrelily

Salutations!

Here's some quick details about me...

• You can call me Pyrelily, or any version of my username.
    • I'm a 26 year old female.
    • School is starting soon, which means I'm looking for some roleplays.
    • I have been roleplaying in some variety for most of my life. I was raised by D&D players...
    • I have been on E for a few years, but been writing in other places as well.
    [li]I use roleplaying as a way to escape from the chaos of my everyday life. Even if I do a slice of life-style plot, it's still something I will throw myself into.
    [/li][/list]

About my roleplay style:
    {=} I can play male and female characters in a variety of pairings. MxF, MxM or FxF, any mix in between.
    {=} I have not done many female x female roleplays, but I'm open to the option. In fact I may encourage it, depending on the partner.
    {=} Your own gender doesn't matter to me. You can be any variety of human, or lizard in hiding, as long as you're a polite, dedicated roleplayer who knows how to write. We're playing a character, not ourselves. It doesn't matter to me.
    {=} The best way to contact me is through PMs. But I do not roleplay through them. I like sticking with threads. Or Google docs if you really prefer it.
    {=} I enjoy roleplays that have multiple responses a day. Real life gets in the way, but at least a few posts a day are the best for me.
    {=} I'm proud to say that I'm a literate roleplayer. I try to keep my average posts to three or four paragraphs, though I've been known to write more. It all depends on the situation in the plot. I make mistakes, as do you, and I'm no grammar nut, but I do everything I can to make my posts not only make sense but give enough to work with.
    {=} That being said, on occasion that is not possible.I understand that quite well, but I need something to work with.
    {=} I try to keep my roleplays to a plot over smut situation. While having a few sexy scenes is great, I can get a little bored of constantly writing smut. I've been known to skip over scenes to get back to the fun or important bits of a plot. I have a hard time writing stories by myself, so I use roleplaying as not only a way to escape from the chaos of my every day life and any potential roleplay partners are a great way to bounce ideas back and forth and finally get something written.
    {=} I flourish in romantic settings. That's not to say the rough stuff is bad, but if you give me romance, I will love it.

Current cravings?
    The Anthropophagist's Club
    Modern
    Fantasy
    Urban Fantasy

.: :.
    Settings
    For the most part, I have two settings that I love the most.
    {+} Fantasy - high, low, medieval, urban; give me some magic, supernatural creatures and the chance to be creative and I love it.
    {+} Modern - Pretty self explanatory. I either make up my own areas or worlds or take a well known city and put in what the roleplay would need.

I have several other settings that I enjoy or would like to try.
    {+} Original settings
    {+} Alternate history of Earth
    {+} Steampunk/Dieselpunk
    {+} Paranormal/Supernatural
    {+} Sci-fi/space travel/Firefly-esque

They're all great. I may play in pre-made fandom worlds, but I always use OCs. Typically I try to avoid them though.

I don't have an O/Os page done yet, but my preference page is done up until then.
    A few plot ideas I will never do are such things as...
    {-} Incest
    {-} Furries. I can do the nekomusume if a plot really interests me, but no animal/beast/monster stuff.
    {-} Death of the main characters (I believe in happy endings. Sorry about that.)

Pairings
    If there is an idea you would like to try, please do not hesitate to send me a PM! I'm open to listening to new ideas.
    Current cravings have a star.

{!} * City x Country
    {!} * Rich x Poor/homeless
    {!} Captured warrior/innocent x War lord (preferably fantasy for this one! I'd love it!)
    {!} Drug addict x Dealer
    {!} Knight x Thief/Mage
    {!} * Knight x Royal
    {!} Older man x Younger woman
    {!} Nerdy x Sporty/popular student or coworker
    {!} * Anything with opposites attracting
    {!} College roommates
    {!} Vampire x Werewolf

Plots

Cop X Street Artist **Craving**

Setting: Modern day
    Themes: Power struggle, love/hate relationship, opposites attract

When a cop arrests a "delinquent" one too many times, might he start getting attached to him? As a cop, in a position of power, should he? It's just graffiti, after all. He could be falling for someone much worse...

For this plot, I was hoping to play the street artist character. I left the explanation pretty vague, which will leave us lots of room to play and really get creative with. MxM or MxF would be good for me, but I'm leaning more towards the MxM, I think... I have a wide range of ideas for this plot, but as I said, I'm keeping it open for whoever my potential writing partner might want to include.

Walk Of Shame

Rebecca is current university student, paying her way through school with one of the more frowned upon careers in the city; an exotic dancer in a club. Each morning, she tries her hardest to make her way back into her home without being seen by any of her building mates. Of times, she's not as lucky as she would have liked.

On one particular morning, Rebecca ran into one of her floormates. They had never had a complete conversation before, but this time, YC tries.

I'm thinking this could go several ways. Your Character's interest in Rebecca could start as something physical, just making conversation to be polite and get close to her, but I would like this to turn into something more than just a physical relationship. I was thinking we could include something in the plot line like:
    YC needs to trick his parents into thinking he's in a happy relationship
    YC wants to make an ex (or an arrogant friend) jealous, so he offers to make a deal with Rebecca
    YC needs to impress his boss/a business partner {this may include some age differences, so it may take a bit more discussion than the other ideas}
    It's something more than just "I want a date with you" to give us something to really work with. I'm open to other suggestions, but I've been interested in a plot like this for a while, so I'm more than willing to open this up for discussion.

Take A Break

Every so often, even the biggest of stars need a little inspiration. Now it's {Character A}'s turn. They need to find some place new to write, which brings them from their big city home to a small town their parents used to visit. Hopefully something, or someone, would help point them in the right direction to give them just what they were after for their next big break.
    Enter {Character B}. They live, breath and work in the small town. Will they offer the help {A} is searching for?

This is vague for a reason. I'm looking for someone to play the male role, but which role that is can be up for debate. It doesn't matter to me if your character is the visitor or host, but I'm willing to play either role. Character A could be an author, playwright, musician... And Character B could have any job under the sun; B&B employee, cafe owner, farmer. I'm leaving it open for plenty of discussion depending on what the writing party would be interested in playing.

More to come

Thank you for taking a look. Hopefully something catches your eye and you'll send me a PM! I'm up for most ideas, so you can always throw one at me, if there's something you're after.

Pyrelily

Plots have been updated! Hoping to find some interested parties.

Pyrelily

Updated plots with an Abney Park-themed idea. Gotta love that urban fantasy <3

Pyrelily