Star Wars: Return of the Jedi + Beyond

Started by Stan', June 05, 2010, 07:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan'

There's another Star Wars game going on, but that takes place far too early for my liking.  I grew up with the Special Edition of the Originals, not your shitty Clone Wars Saga or having "Annie" Skywalker as the main character.  For chrissakes, how can I take Darth seriously when my mum's name is Annie?

So I'm not exactly a genius on the whole Star Wars thing.  I'm a casual movie watcher, and that's it.  Fair enough, I've spent my fair share of time on Wookiepedia, and gotten completely lost in the vast amount of information.  This is a group for people who loved the Original Trilogy, but don't want to worry about what happened before it.

Here's the situation.  The story takes place very shortly after Return of the Jedi.  The Emperor and Darth Vader are dead.  The Rebellion have won for now.  But let's think about this for a minute.  The Empire controlled so much of the galaxy, the millions of troops aren't just going to drop their weapons right there and then.  No.  The following years are turbulent, no one knows what's happening or who they're exactly taking orders from.

The Empire are trying to survive.  They're not done yet.  The Jedi are starting to come back.  Luke Skywalker's started a trend.  Apparently, being a Jedi is the new craze.  So there's more of them.  Back to the old days.  Ah, lovely nostalgia.  Including that, there's still plenty of Stormtroopers going about.  And it doesn't help that some folk are looking over their shoulders for Bounty Hunters.  The Smuggler business is still as strong as ever.

And of course, plenty other roles.  So the Empire's not down yet.  Trying to see if this is worth putting more thought in to.  Give me names, or who you fancy playing, then I'll stick up a template.  Check out my story: Fireworks.  Gives a kind of taster, I suppose.  Not the finished product.  I wrote that for a role-play that never got off the ground a long time ago.  It was to take place after ROTJ, with an ex-Stormtrooper travelling around a planet with his reprogrammed Battle Droid (one of those stupid robots from the new films).

Thank you!

Profile Sheet

Name:
Species:

---

Faction:
Weapons:
Common Attire:

---

A Little Bit of History

I'm not looking for a full biography of what has happened to them before the story.  Just a few brief words ( you can write more if you like, but it's not necessary ) to explain how they got to where they are the end of Return of the Jedi.

Latooni Subota

I rather don't like you writing off one of the better time periods in the Star Wars universe because of the shitty movies, but I WOULD love to do a post-trilogy game. :3

Been a while since I found one. I wouldn't mind either playing one of the young Jedi apprentices starting to pop up around that time, or a Scoundrel that putters around in her little ship smuggling. The former would be able to fit into most non-SLAUGHTER THE UNIVERSE groups, and the latter would work better if the entire group decided to try their hands at smuggling/inter-stellar shenanigans.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Major Major

I might have a character idea for this....

pendarious

i'm with latooni i don't appreciate the slander of a good era of the starwars verse just cuz the movies sucked......but anyway i may play as well. *shrugs*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

RubySlippers

I want to play Mace Windu as an older and more cynical Grey Jedi, ok folks did you SEE him die in the movie he did get his hand loped off and Force Lightning silly falling from the Chancellor's Offices but did we see a body? Nope. He could have survived and just have been fucked up. Now taking over part of the Empires Fleet to bring order to the galaxy and forming a new Grey Jedi faction.

Anyway Grey Jedi are not evil just dabble in both sides of the Force and tend to have a different outlook. Anyway him showing up, loping off some Admirals heads with his lightsaber and saying I'M IN CHARGE NOW would be most effective.

I can see it now. I'm Mace Windu admirals who is in charge here. Some admiral everyone is afraid says I am. (lightsaber comes out and the admirals head) Ok, now, who is in charge here. The resident Grand admiral says - you are. Good, now what are the assets of the fleet Grand Admiral (so and so).

HairyHeretic

Are you using or ignoring the expanded universe stuff? I think Grand Admiral Thrawn appears about 5 years after Endor.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Stan'

Sure, you can play as Mace Windu.  That'd be pretty interesting.

And yes, EU will come in to the story, although I'm not completely up to speed with any of it.  And I'm sure some of the other players aren't either.  So as long as you give a good description of who any canon EU characters are, I'll allow it.

HairyHeretic

Thrawn is really the big one on the Imperial side. Til he shows up you have a handfull of Moffs and Grand Moffs all trying to claim to be the heir to the Emperor, none of them really co-operating, and the Alliance / New Republic making steady ground.

It's more background than anything else. I have a decent flair for strategy, but I'm no Grand Admiral Thrawn :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Major Major

Same here, though perhaps I could make a decent Pellaeon; otherwise, I can just be the skipper of am Imperial patrol ship.

HairyHeretic

An Emperors Hand might be fun, if a bit munchy :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Stan'

Well.  Character Sheet is now up.  Enjoy.

RubySlippers

Name: Mace Windu
Species: Human

---

Faction: Grey Jedi
Weapons: Lightsaber (redish leading violet blade - stands out)
Common Attire: Jedi Robes with Hood

---

A Little Bit of History
After surviving the battle with the Emperor its a long story mostly involving a garbage transport, a sympathetic woman skilled in healing and aharrowing escape from the Captial fighting the Empires Intelligence Service and a new and improved Darth Vader. She has been evading the Empire for the last twenty some years, doing what damage he could and focusing on balancing the two sides of the Living Force. Even with a mechanical hand, a mechanical eye and cheap at that he is still a Jedi Master. Is not as fast as he was but is still a cagey and dangerous Jedi Master with a diplomatic side strong with The Force.

Major Major

Profile Sheet

Name: Elann Skyell
Species: Human

---

Faction: Imperial Starfleet
Weapons: DL-44 heavy blaster pistol
Common Attire: Imperial navy uniform with the rank insignia of a Commander, black gloves stored on the belt.

---

A Little Bit of History:
A spacer all his life, Commander Skyell commands the Tartan-class Patrol Cruiser HIMS Diadem, and (somewhat naively, maybe) is a firm believer that the Empire is a force of good in the Galaxy, bringing Order and Safety to planets within it's hegemony.