Gods of New York City Recruitment Thread

Started by himawari, September 30, 2023, 07:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

himawari

This is inspired by multiple group RPs I had been in whereby they mix modern life with mythological gods/goddesses.

Gods and goddesses had always lived among mortals. Not everyone lived on Mount Olympus or the Nine Realms as stories foretold. Oceans rose, empires fell and sometimes not according to the immortal gods (or goddesses) plans. Mortals adapted on their own and most of them without the reliance of an immortal being. Powers of the gods starts to diminish and of course after centuries of "work", one could say some of the higher beings decided it was time to slow down. Rumors had said that New York City was the place to be. "Concrete jungle where dreams are made of"......or so they say.

Well, the gods and goddesses from every walks of life started settling in. Some created a name for themselves in the Big Apple while others went the other direction and live a quieter and simpler life. Either way, more and more gods and goddesses started settling into the already bustling city.

Things to note:

• This is a sandbox game. There will be little GM interference (unless there is a big event). You are in charge of your own stories.
  • The gods and goddesses might know each other but that does not mean they have to like each other. Rivalry and drama happen all the time.
  • Gods are still gods. Even those who choose to lead a quiet life need some sort of attention from mortals to maintain their powers.
  • God-mode. Not in 2023. We do not want to destroy the world. Funnily enough, gods and goddesses have weaknesses too.
  • Mutual respect. Consent and constant communication between all parties involved is needed.

Character Sheet
[center][size=18pt][b]Name of God/Goddess[/b][/size][/center]

[float=right][img height=400 padding=5]IMAGE LINK HERE[/img][/float]

[b]Mortal Identity: [/b]
[b]Pantheon: [/b](what group of gods they're from)
[b]Portfolio: [/b](the things they had divine power over i.e: god of finances and wealth)
[b]Gender: [/b]
[b]Apparent Age: [/b]
[b]Occupation: [/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation: [/b]

[b]Height: [/b] (what they would look like in front of a mortal)
[b]Weight: [/b]
[b]Hair color: [/b]
[b]Eye color: [/b]
[b]General Appearance: [/b]
[b]Faceclaim: [/b]

[b]Origin and Background: [/b] (Their time as a god, how they came to NYC, etc)

[b]Godly Gifts: [/b] (Special abilities gained from their waning status as deities, max of three)

[b]Skills and Talents: [/b] (Both from their time as gods and for their mortal guises)

[b]Immortal Equipment: [/b] (Max one item associated with the god i.e: Poseidon's trident)

[b]Personality and Motivations: [/b]

[b]Weaknesses and Flaws: [/b] (Minimum 2 weaknesses)

[b]Ons/Offs: [/b]

[b]Extras: [/b] (Anything else you wanna share)

Gods and Goddess Residing in New York City

Author
Himawari
RainyHigh
mainsnoires
Wolfling72
Xerial
Marie Reynolds
Foxy DeVille
Whatliesabove
Kara Denvers
ArtemisHighmore
WickedLittleWitch
TheFluffyOne
Andronica

God/Goddess
Persephone
Orisha
Apollo
Orisha
Coyote
Aglaea
Mohini
Amphitrite
Dionysus
Hephaestus
Sedna
Brigid
Sif

Face Claim
Adelaide Kane
Solána Imani Rowe
N/A
Rosa Acosta
Taika Waititi
Bryce Dallas Howard
Amelia Maltepe
Milly Alcock
Cara Delevingne
Anders Lindstrom
Quannah Chasinghorse
Eleanor Tomlinson
Scarlett Johannson

Reserved Gods/Goddesses

Author
TheFluffyOne
Alleron
Aethyrium
Primarch
Kuroneko
Mellific

God/Goddess
Brigid
Thor
Anubis or Nyx
Dagda
Hachiman or Inari
Hecate

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

himawari

LINKS WILL BE PLACED HERE

Places

The Village -  Where all the shoppes are
Central Park - The park
The City - Where work and fun happens
Residences -  Homes of the gods

Out of Character

Chat -  Discussions to be held here
Character Sheet - All the beautiful peoples here for your references
Events - Any big announcements/changes to be found here

AndyZ

Keeping an eye on this.  It’s worth asking: do you need to stay secret and/or do mortals just forget if you show them what you can do?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Foxy DeVille

Hmmm... tentatively interested. Would like to hear more details.

mainsnoires

Andronica

Peeking in to see how this develops! Is this American Gods based (in terms of the gods/goddesses still needing worship) or just general urban fantasy with reasonable power sets?

Alleron

Add me to the “interested but would need more details” crew!

himawari

Quote from: AndyZ on September 30, 2023, 10:42:14 AM
Keeping an eye on this.  It’s worth asking: do you need to stay secret and/or do mortals just forget if you show them what you can do?

stay secret. unless you trust the mortals enough to keep your secret.
i mean some gods/goddesses have the power to make them forget seeing them too.

himawari

Quote from: Andronica on September 30, 2023, 12:15:53 PM
Peeking in to see how this develops! Is this American Gods based (in terms of the gods/goddesses still needing worship) or just general urban fantasy with reasonable power sets?

It's up to the player honestly if they want to continue being revered (going about garnering people to join their "cult"-i say this very loosely). Some may be tired of the praises and worship and just want a quiet life.
But this would definitely fall in the category of urban fantasy with reasonable power sets.

It be a sandbox game.

himawari

I'm off to bed. Will add the details tomorrow.

Primarch

Andronica

Quote from: himawari on September 30, 2023, 12:22:24 PM
It's up to the player honestly if they want to continue being revered (going about garnering people to join their "cult"-i say this very loosely). Some may be tired of the praises and worship and just want a quiet life.
But this would definitely fall in the category of urban fantasy with reasonable power sets.

It be a sandbox game.

Ok, great! Thanks for the clarification and I look forward to more details tomorrow. :)

I am tentatively laying claim to Athena or Sif... but I have lots of ideas rolling around for Idun or Bast as well depending on how the cast starts developing.

Kara Danvers

Hey! I love this idea. I actually tried to get a similar game going a few months back, an American Gods version, so I would be so down for this! I'd like to tentatively claim Dionysus!
~ʜᴏᴘᴇ, ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ~
 ~ᴋᴀʀᴀ ᴅᴀɴᴠᴇʀꜱ~

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

RainyHigh

*raises hand* I'm definitely interested in hearing more info~
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

himawari

Character sheet added. Feel free to start creating.

himawari

Mortal Identity: Sarah-Rose Dubois
Pantheon: Greek/Olympus
Portfolio: The goddess of springtime and fertility and queen of the underworld
Apparent Age: 23
Sexual Orientation: Hetero

Height: 1.63m
Weight: 55kg
Hair color: Dark brown
Eye color: Hazel brown
General Appearance: Wavy dark brown hair that flows down to her hips. She keeps them in a ponytail or an updo when she is working.  Her skin slightly tanned and smooth like velvet. Slender and lithe. Mostly seen wearing flowy dresses (or dresses in general). She also enjoy wearig comfy clothes most of the time. She keeps her nails painted in nude colours whenever she is working. But whenever she is with her husband, she paints her nails a darker shade. It is the same with her dressing as well as make up. Things will become a few shades darker.
Faceclaim: Adelaide Kane

Origin and Background:

Origin
According to Greek Mythology, Persephone, the queen of the underworld, was the daughter of Zeus and Demeter, the goddess of harvest and fertility. She was also called Kore, which means "maiden" and grew up to be a lovely girl attracting the attention of many gods. However, Demeter had an obsessed love for her only daughter and kept all men away from her.

Hades, the ruler of the Underworld, decided that he wanted to marry Persephone, his sister Demeter’s only daughter. One day, as she was gathering flowers in the Nysian meadow with her maidens, she wandered apart from the group ensnared by the sudden blooming of a glorious fragrant flower (some say it was a narcissus). As she reached to pluck it, the ground below her feet opened up and Hades, in his four-horse golden chariot, appeared before her in all his power and majesty. He snatched her and took her with him to the Underworld, to be his wife and queen.

Needless to say, Demeter wasn’t very pleased when she found out from Hecate and Helios what had happened. Hurt and distraught, she started wandering aimlessly around and was aggrieved to such an extent that she neglected all her duties. And since she was the goddess of agriculture and fertility, the earth was now barren, and people were dying of famine.

Seeing no way out of it, Zeus (who some say must have approved Hades’ abduction in the first place) sent Hermes to the Underworld to fetch Persephone back to her mother. The divine messenger did do precisely that, and Demeter and Persephone were once again reunited on Olympus.

However, either on her own accord or, more probably, after being tricked by Hades, Persephone had tasted one pomegranate seed before leaving the Underworld. This, according to the ancient laws, obliged her to remain in the Underworld.

Zeus proposed a compromise: Persephone would spend two-thirds of the year with her mother, and one-third with her new husband. Everybody agreed – and that’s how the seasons were born and how the growth of crops was explained.

Just like a seed, Persephone spends few months of the year below the earth. This is the period of Demeter’s grief which coincides with the dark, winter months. However, when the time comes for Persephone to go back to her mother, Demeter brings back the light and the warmth and the earth rejoices in abundance.

Backstory
Times changed, the ever green Earth she walked upon started to get less and less green. She had to keep up with the times. She was still considered one of the younger goddesses and spent most of her time travelling and exploring the ever changing world. Despite the changing world around her, she still remained the same. Ever so curious (which got her in trouble in the beginning of time) led her to a place which she heard gods and goddess alike gathered. This time, she did not get in trouble but chose to settle down in a shophouse located at The Village. She opened her own flower atelier in a shophouse in town. Selling rare flowers and herbs. She lives right above her shop which only opens for the first six months of the year. The other six months, she would disappear (move back to the underworld or roam around with Hades somewhere in the mortal realm). The underworld is a busy place even more so in the modern times with new illnesses and stupid people who does stupid things for clout which means both her husband and her have their work cut out for them.

Godly Gifts:

• Chlorokinesis - Persephone could transform anything (even people) into flowers or anything related to flora. Persephone has absolute control and divine authority over flowers and other plants and is the strongest during Spring.
  • Geokinesis (limited) - She is able to manipulate the earth to an extent, due to her being the wife of Hades as well as the daughter of Demeter. She can split open the ground beneath her to get/send anyone into the Underworld. But she does not use this power often due to the fact that there is no need to in this day and age.
  • Florakinesis  -  She can create flowers with special abilities suck as tracking petals to track a person or a rose that put someone to sleep.

Skills and Talents:

• A very green thumb. No plant has ever died on her watch.
  • Like all Olympian gods/goddesses, she is blessed in being agile and light footed.
  • Musically inclined to sing to the flora and encourage them to grow.
  • A soothing presence that could even quell the god of the underworld's anger.

Immortal Equipment: NA

Personality and Motivations: Always curious and eager to get the answers despite her past experiences. She has a calm presence about her which makes everyone around her feel at ease. Due to her upbringing, she was raised to be someone with grace, poise and elegance of which even for thousands of years, she had upheld. She is kind to all living beings (flora and fauna). Though once angered, she could be a force to be dealt with. Even her husband fears her wrath. She is currently also trying to convince her stubborn husband to move to Hyperion Heights with her which has proven to be tough.

Weaknesses and Flaws:

• When angered, she tends to blow things up of proportion and it sometimes could take weeks to get back on her good side.
  • Despite being thousands of years old, she is still as naïve as the time Hades captured her. Her kind heart has been taken advantage of multiple times.
  • Ever so curious and stubborn enough to not back down until she gets the answers of which got her in trouble quite a few times as well.
  • Hades. She really loves him that much for him to be her weakness…she feels bad sometimes when she let her anger get out of hand (when it is directed towards him).

Ons/Offs: Clicky the linky

Extras:

Springtime Atelier

Exterior & Interior

Shophouse Home

Bedroom, Kitchen & Living Room

Xerial

[ Insert Placeholder For Dionysus ]

...le gasp, it seems Dionysus has been scooped?

himawari

Quote from: Xerial on October 01, 2023, 03:11:18 AM
[ Insert Placeholder For Dionysus ]

...le gasp, it seems Dionysus has been scooped?

you can PM the author and ask if he/she/they are willing to work things out with you.

**also you can use other gods from the other mythologies. it's not limited to the greeks.**

Xerial

Dionysus was on my mind from the American Gods thread that fell through.

...I suppose I could play Matshishkapeu... the Innu god of farts.  O:)

I'll put some more thought as to who I could play otherwise.

RainyHigh

This sandbox game sounds pretty nice. I have written up a CS application for the goddess Oshun (one of the hundreds of Orisha).

Tiwa/Oshun
Rainy's Ons and Offs

himawari

Quote from: RainyHigh on October 01, 2023, 10:30:54 AM
This sandbox game sounds pretty nice. I have written up a CS application for the goddess Oshun (one of the hundreds of Orisha).

Tiwa/Oshun

Mortal Identity: Tiwa Moreno
Pantheon: Orisha (Yoruba/African Deities)
Portfolio: One of the hundreds of Orisha sent to Earth, Oshun can give and take life. She is a mighty river orisha associated with fertility, purity, love, and sensuality. She may have caused one or more floods in the past, but she always forced the waters to retreat, forgiving her adoring flock.
Apparent Age: 30
Occupation: Owner of 𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙂𝙤𝙡𝙙 (A Spa that specializes in massages, acupressure, skin treatments, facial treatments, and more)
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual and Polyamourous

Height: 5 ft. 4 in.
Weight: curvy build (around 150 pounds)
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Brown
General Appearance: Tiwa is around average height at five feet, four inches. She has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. She has a curvy build and a smile that looks fantastic dressed in any color. In her goddess form, she has pointed ears, but she often hides them with her hair or uses magick to glamour them if necessary. Once in a river, Serena's skin transforms to golden scales, webbed fingers and toes appear, and gills so she can swim and breathe underwater.
Faceclaim: SZA - Solána Imani Rowe

Origin and Background: Thousands of years ago, Oshun was a favorite of the creator Olodumare. The city of Ife flourished, worshipping her and the Orisha. Thousands would wear Oshun's favorite color, yellow or gold. People prayed to Oshun for fertility to create their own life to bring into the world. But what is also not commonly known is that Oshun had the power to take life away. As the youngest of the Orisha, Oshun often felt she had to go above and beyond to prove herself.

She could control the rivers that flowed through Ife and other cities, and when spiteful--she was known to either cause droughts or floods to punish worshipers. But Oshun was a forgiving God and could bring life back, either causing the water to flow again or allowing it to ebb away slowly. Over the years, the Orisha were worshiped less and less like other gods globally, and her powers began diminishing. People began to look away from religion and into themselves more and more. With the enlightenment of science, people began to believe that gods no longer controlled the river's flow and that babies born to families were simply what happened naturally with humans rather than a miracle.

Oshun traveled from her homeland to Brazil and spent years there before going to North America and finally laying roots in New York City. With her waning powers, Oshun took on the mortal identity of Tiwa Moreno. She had been trained in the art of masseuse and looked for others with the special touch to create a spa called 𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙂𝙤𝙡𝙙. The spa aims to make people feel good, loved, and complete. There may or may not be rumors of happy endings.

Godly Gifts:
The Healing Waters: Oshun used to control life itself, from the water in the mother's womb to the river that helps bring the autumn's crop to harvest. But now, Oshun can create a bath to calm a distressed person. One might think she's drugged the water with some form of cannabis, but it's just her special touch.
The Ebb and Flow: Oshun's spite could cause floods and droughts in cities and farmlands, where she punished those who did her wrong. Her control over the rivers and freshwater sources was far-reaching. Nowadays, her powers could cause a puddle to dry or a cup of water to overflow onto one's nice dress shirt. Her hydrokinesis ability is not as impressive as it once used to be.
Give or Taketh Away: Oshun used to bless people with energy and love to bring more life to the world--she could also cause the opposite reaction. She may make someone feel more energized, but they must be willing. She could also cause the opposite feeling--making one feel lethargic--but the person also has to have already a tiny inkling of tiredness in their body for her to expand that feeling. Either way, she'd have to touch one to cause either of these feelings.

Skills and Talents:
Love Language: Oshun might not be as fluent as she once was, but she has a knack for discovering human desires and how they communicate through love. Too bad she has no idea about herself or other Gods.
The Dancing Drummer: Oshun can play the drums and loves to dance to the drum. She has been known to dance for hours and hours to forget her problems.
Seamstress/Knitting: Oshun can knit and sew to create clothing for a person that brings out their best features.
Stylist: This goes along with the above, but Oshun has become practiced in makeup and hairstyling to bring out the best in people's faces.
The Healing Touch: Oshun is well-versed in the human body and can easily massage away stress.

Immortal Equipment: Her golden crown, Ade ọrun, was gifted by Olodumare for her work. Wearing her golden crown allows her to communicate with anyone, no matter how far away or dead they may be.

Personality and Motivations: Oshun is very caring. She loves to help humans become their most beautiful selves--inside and out. But she also has a terrible temperament and is quick to anger at minor inconveniences. Her love life is pretty chaotic because, in the end, she feels that no one will ever love her as much as she loves herself, so she usually seeks out short-term relationships rather than long-term ones.

Weaknesses and Flaws:
Vanity: Oshun is in love with herself. She is so in love with herself that she doesn't believe anyone could ever love her enough. It is rather sad for a God of love. Oshun is pretty vane, too. She has been caught smiling at herself in the mirror on more than one occasion.
Unpredictable/Spiteful: Oshun is calming most of the time, but if someone says the wrong thing or the wifi goes down--she is quick to "flip her lid" and seek out ways to get her revenge.
Competitive/Jealousy: Oshun quickly becomes jealous of those better than her at something she feels good at. For instance, at a stylist competition, she thought she would lose to another contestant, so she may or may not have added the wrong processor to the hair dye--causing someone's hair to turn orange instead of platinum blonde. She is very competitive and vengeful. She can sometimes take a moment, breathe, and make a better choice--and learn from her mistakes, but most of the time, she'd instead lash out.

Ons/Offs: Right over here.

Extras: Oshun opened 𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙂𝙤𝙡𝙙 five years ago; she came to NYC in 2000 and spent time working in other high-end salons, doing side work as a stylist and makeup artist for celebrities.

She sounds perfect.

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs

Xerial

I need to stop reading about flatulence gods... even though Matshishkapeu is seen as the most powerful spirit in Innu mythology.

I've got a different thought instead. Working on a sheet for Coyote/Hermes/The Trickster.

mainsnoires

Here is an attempted CSheet

Apollo

Mortal Identity: Adrian Cole
Pantheon: Greek
Portfolio: Sun, Music, Prophecy
Apparent Age: late 20s
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 190 lbs
Hair color: dark blonde
Eye color: blue
General Appearance: Adrian has an athletic build, toned from his stage performances and outdoor adventures. His skin is sun-kissed, perpetually glowing with a warm tan. His hair flows like molten gold, often styled in a windswept manner. Adrian's eyes are the color of a clear summer sky, filled with a spark of mischief and wisdom. He often adorns himself in stylish and fashionable clothing, embracing the rock star persona, with the addition of multiple tattoos including one of a sun in his back.
Faceclaim: N/A

Origin and Background:
Origin

Apollo was born of Zeus, the king of the gods, and Leto, a mortal woman, but his entrance into the world was far from ordinary. His mother, Leto, endured tremendous hardships due to the relentless jealousy of Hera, Zeus's wife. Hunted by Hera's wrath, Leto roamed the earth, desperately seeking a place to give birth. It was on the floating island of Delos that she finally found refuge, and there, beneath the radiant sun, Apollo was born with his twin sister, Artemis. As the sun god, each day, Apollo would harness his golden chariot, pulled by magnificent celestial horses, and ride across the sky, illuminating the world with the warmth of the sun. His daily journey was a symbol of the perpetual cycle of day and night.

His affinity for music was also legendary. His instrument of choice was the lyre, a stringed instrument whose melodious strains had the power to soothe the gods on Mount Olympus and inspire mortals to greatness.

Finally, as the god of prophecy, Apollo's most famous oracle was located at Delphi. Here, Pythia, the priestess of Apollo, would enter a trance-like state and deliver prophecies to seekers from across the ancient world. Apollo's wisdom guided the fates of many, and his words were both revered and feared.

During the Trojan War, Apollo, the Warrior Bard aided the Greeks and fought alongside them. His divine arrows rained destruction upon the enemy, and his valor was celebrated in epic tales of heroism.

Background
In this era, Apollo, now Adrian Cole, has channeled his divine essence into the persona of a rock star. This modern path is an extension of his age-old mission to bring light and enlightenment to humanity through the power of music, sun, and prophecy. Each note played, each ray of light casted on stage, and each word sung carries the essence of an ancient deity striving to inspire, heal, and illuminate the world once more.

Godly Gifts:
Solar Radiance: Adrian can harness the power of the sun, using it to emit blinding light or summoning flames at will.
Musical Prowess: His music possesses a supernatural quality, capable of captivating and inspiring those who hear it.
Prophecy: Adrian retains the gift of foresight, providing him with insight into future events, though the visions can be cryptic and subject to interpretation.

Skills and Talents:
Songwriting and Composition: Adrian is a prolific songwriter, crafting songs that resonate with people on a deep emotional level.
Archery: He excels in archery, a skill inherited from his twin sister Artemis.
Charisma: His divine aura and charm make him a magnetic presence.

Immortal Equipment:
Ethereal strings from his lyre, that he adapted to a particular electric guitar.

Personality and Motivations:
Adrian is a charismatic and outgoing individual, always ready to bring joy and positivity to those around him. He is passionate about music and art, seeing them as powerful tools for healing and self-expression. He is known for his unwavering optimism and belief in the potential for good in both gods and mortals.

His primary motivation is to use his talents and gifts to inspire and uplift humanity. Adrian also retains his sense of duty to uphold justice and protect the innocent, a trait carried over from his mythological persona.

Weaknesses and Flaws:
Vulnerability to Darkness: As a god of the sun, Apollo is weakened in environments of extreme darkness or shadow.
Hubris: Apollo's confidence can sometimes border on arrogance, leading him to underestimate certain challenges.
Protective Instinct: His attachment to humanity may lead him to act impulsively in their defense, potentially putting him in risky situations.

Ons/Offs: DM for more.

Marie Reynolds

I am interested in this and  thinking of bringing Aglaea The goddess of Beauty, Splendor, Glory and Adornment. However I am not sure how to handle her being the second wife of Hephaestus  and including an element of how she has openly discussed her newest  interest in bondage for its artistic applications  and be a way to explore new expressions of Beauty Splendor and Adornment and for the glory aspect she has also developed an interest in Escape challenge bondage videos and would have set up an studio to explore these things as a new way experience them and garner praise without  the old trappings of cults and religion with her husband  Hephaestus but I worry about detailing that element of there openness and touching on the dynamics of their relationship and how they still love each other and might be based more in emotional intimacy and despite her indulging in this interest she discovered.                                                                                                                                                                                   
    I  don't want to step on someone's toes in case they take up Hephaestus but  I am torn on leaving it  unmentioned and I don't really want to play into the whole  nasty Marital drama that runs rampant in the Greek Pantheon.  Though I am not sure how much creative license we are to take with the Myths and Legends of the gods, Cause if I can I guess another option is to write the character up that particular part of  the Legends involving  Aglaea and Hephaestus were not true and fabrications of the Humans the worshiped the Greek gods would also be possible. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome on this point for building a Origin story for Aglaea for this game would be greatly appreciated.

Wolfling72

Rainy, you took my idea...so I will be tossing in Oya once I finish her...

HIma--here's Oya/Ora

Oda Oya
Oda Oya

Mortal Identity: Ora Olivia
Pantheon: Orisha (Yoruba Pantheon- African Diety)
Portfolio: Wind, lightning, violent storms, fertility, fire, rebirth, and magic.
Apparent Age: late 20's
Sexual Orientation: Pan and Polyamorous

Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 137 lbs
Hair color: Darkest Black
Eye color: Darkest Brown
General Appearance: Ora is built thick and curvy with the musculature of a physically active young woman in the prime of her life. Caramel-shaded skin, long dark curls that seem to writhe on their own, deep dark eyes, and a wicked smirk are all par for the course whenever Ora arrives on the scene. A dancer by trade (and inclination), Ora is bright and boisterous with a husky contralto meant to whisper filth and a cheerful laugh meant to inspire fun.

Faceclaim: Rosa Acosta

Origin and Background:
Information
Many a many, Oya and her brother Shango were born to the Great Sea Mother, the goddess Yemaya, but it’s not clear who their father was. As she aged and grew into her power, Oya gave birth to NINE stillborn children and suffered great mental anguish and depression. However, she took a sacred cloth with the colors of the rainbow and made a sacrifice out of it before offering it to Oshunmare. As a result, she miraculously gave birth to 9 children: four sets of twins and the ninth child, Egungun. This is why she came to be known as the ‘mother of nine’.

Due to the fierceness of her temperament and the connections she had made with various others, Oya was eventually venerated as the Orisha in charge of winds, storms, and lightning and embodies the forces of change, renewal, and transformation. She kept to the Niger River when not required, and though her moods were as changeable as the river she guarded, she was as quick to forgive as she was to rage. However, her veneration faded as the world grew to encompass more than just the small cities and villages that met at her banks.  So she moved, first to Latin America and then into the continental US, setting up shop by natural waterways.

She came to NYC about five years ago by way of Miami and owns two upscale gentleman's clubs-- one of which she headlines at as an exotic dancer.

Godly Gifts:

• Calm the Storm: Though she no longer holds the power to stop gale-force winds that are manufactured via tornados, hurricanes, and the like, Ora can cause thunderstorms to die down if she concentrates on them. This area effect (about one city block) lasts only as long as she can hold the thought in mind.
  • Ride the Lightning: She can not MAKE lightning (not anymore), but she can control it. Ora has been known to direct it away from people or places she loves. Doing so charges her up and strengthens her physically, though that only lasts as long as the storm does.
  • Dance of Desire: When Ora dances, she can (and does) encourage sexuality of all kinds. She can also encourage fertility with but a touch, though the effect lasts only a night.

Skills and Talents:

• Dance: Ora has ALWAYS felt drawn to rhythm, and it shows in the way she moves. Since losing most of her connection to her homeland and taking on Aspects offered up by Santeria, this Orisha has become a master at movement and has studied tap, ballet, hip-hop, and ballroom styles.
  • An excellent cook: She tends to thrive on seafood of all sorts and loves spices; therefore, gumbos, jambalaya, stews, and soups are her dishes of choice, but she can cook just about anything.
  • Knife fighting: Pretty much self explanatory.

Immortal Equipment: N/A

Personality and Motivations: The Ora you meet depends upon a number of things. Is it business, and is she drunk or depressed? In her everyday life, Ora is perceptive, adaptable, and gregarious, but that changes whenever cash is involved. Therefore, in business matters, she is shrewd, calculating, and discerning.  However, when she is drunk or depressed, she becomes vindictive, abusive, and moody. As variable as the storms she used to call and the river she claimed long and long ago, Ora can beckon like the greatest of lovers or burn you with a glance. Tread carefully.

Just like her personality, Ora's Motivations are as variable as the wind. If one were to ask, they might receive various answers, all of which start with--"The children" or "The women." In point of fact, Ora has no real motivation beyond survival, and even THAT is a "sometime" sort of thing. Who wants to live forever when depression and alcohol make you wish you were dead?

Weaknesses and Flaws:

• Depression (severe): Due to all of her losses, Ora sometimes collapses into severe depression. These episodes can last weeks to months and always come on like a storm, with no real warning.
  • Alcoholic: Sweet red wine is her libation of choice, but she will drink ANYTHING. This gets worse when the depressive episodes hit.
  • Violent: Drinking does not help the temper she's always had. Ora can erupt into physical abuse and altercations for no reason beyond a rude look or snide remark.

Ons/Offs: Not important at this time. If it becomes important, we can discuss it.

Extras: Ora is her best self around small children and has a special fondness for pregnant women. She also runs a halfway house for ex-strippers, hookers, and addicts who have had legal trouble. This is unknown to many, and she'd prefer to keep it that way.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

RainyHigh

Quote from: Wolfling72 on October 01, 2023, 12:51:59 PM
Rainy, you took my idea...so I will be tossing in Oya once I finish her...

She is the patron of the Niger River, known to the Yoruba as the Odò-Ọya, and she is the Orisha of wind, lightning, violent storms, fertility, fire, rebirth, and magic.

Just an FYI...

Ahh... I'm sorry, Wolfie. Great minds definitely do think alike, it seems~
Perhaps Oya and Oshun could have a connection?
If I remember right, their origins intertwine a few times. 👀
Rainy's Ons and Offs

TheFluffyOne

Ooo, this looks very interesting!!

Could I put a tentative flag in Brigid? She is a Celtic Goddess of many things but I think I'd narrow it down to fire and prophecy  :3

You know you want something like this, so check out Ama's graphic commissions!

Wolfling72

Quote from: RainyHigh on October 01, 2023, 12:58:27 PM
Ahh... I'm sorry, Wolfie. Great minds definitely do think alike, it seems~
Perhaps Oya and Oshun could have a connection?
If I remember right, their origins intertwine a few times. 👀

Yes ma'am. SOon as I have her under control, and if she's accepted, we will work it out...*nods, nods*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Alleron

I’m tentatively going to put a claim in on Thor.

Aethyrium

-Ponders- An Anubis or a Nyx, maybe. Either way, interested. Will see if I can come up with something fun.

Primarch

Kuroneko

I'm looking at Hachiman or Inari, though I was initially considering Sekmet or Bast. But, it looks like we're getting enough ladies already ;)

Xerial

Coyote:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Coyote/Huēhuecoyōtl

Mortal Identity: Nathaniel Castle
Pantheon: Pan-American
Portfolio: Deception, Song, Dance, Luck, Sexual Inhibition
Apparent Age: 37

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 195lbs.
Hair color: Black peppered with silver
General Appearance:   In his current mortal guise, Coyote has an eclectic style. He dresses for comfort and to seem welcoming rather than for style. He borders on unkempt, but always seems fresh out of the shower.
Faceclaim: Taika Waititi

Origin and Background: For as many peoples as there are in lands, there are stories about a Trickster who helped inspire the creation of the world only to seek to corrupt it. Some call him a force of evil. Some a prankster. For a good many, he rebels against the other gods to help humanity. He gives them the gift of fire. He wants to see them rise, but due to his capricious nature he also plays cruel tricks on them.

The Atec people knew well the duality of their dieties. They could see his love of music, and dance. They knew of his love of women and how he sought to inspire inhibition. And they knew that he could be cruel. He could inspire deceipt, sew discord and inspire wars.

Coyote has traveled the lands and crossed the seas. He has been among many people and often wears the guise of their own dieties in order to play his pranks. After all, why just deceive people when you can make them blame their own gods?

In the modern era, where people are paradoxically less aware of the gods and more prone to seeing through their guises, Coyote is leading a more subtle life. While he has been expelled from several campuses for leading protests he makes his living as a tutor. He specialises in college level philosophy and takes on exclusively female clientele. Young woman who he turns towards counter-culture, and whose couches and eventually beds he winds up in. Some might call him a rake. He prefers to think of himself as a liberator.

When he is not inspiring rebelious attitudes among impressionable college students Coyote volunters with various outreach programs. He is a regular among the interstitial communities beneath the city and brings them resources he tricks the wealthy into giving up.

Godly Gifts:

Shapeshifter: Coyote can take on many forms, be they human or animal. Though in his natural form he is an anthromorphic coyote, it has been some time since he wore that guise. He has worn so many masks over the years he often forgets what it is to be himself.

Medical Muse: Though it is a lesser known quality of his, Coyote can inspire the healers of the mortal world to acts of miraculous healing.

Skills and Talents:

Empathy: Coyote is a keen judge of mortal behaviour. Though he might be at times cruel, he is a keen judge of mortals' state of mind.

Well Traveled: Coyote knows the lore and languages of many peoples, having spent a good deal of his existance travelling the world.

Immortal Equipment:

Stolen Fire: Coyote once stole fire from the gods themselves to give to the people. He keeps a spark of that first fire in a battered Zippo he carries in his back pocket.

Coyote is mercurial in his nature. These days he saves his cruelty for those who think themselves better than others, but that part of his nature still remains. He is quick to fall in love, but just as quick to flit on to the next amusement. But if he finds a cause he stays with it and gives of himself deeply.

Weaknesses and Flaws: (Minimum 2 weaknesses):

Rebelious Spirit: Coyote cannot resist sticking it to 'the man'. He might not be a criminal, but he chafes at rules and flaunts them any time he can.

Deceiver: No lesson Coyote tells can be plainly spoken. There is always some hint of deceipt to his words, an ulterior motive. He may teach a lesson, but never directly.

Ons/Offs: See Signatue

Marie Reynolds

I hope this works out okay let me know if you need me to change anything with the mentions of Hephateus.

Mortal Identity: Sommer Giselle Maddocks
Portfolio: Aglaea The goddess of Beauty, Splendor, Glory and Adornment
Apparent Age: 36
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual/Demisexual Polyamourous

Height: 5'7”(1.52M)
Weight: 132LBS(60kg)
Hair color: Red
Eye color: Green
General Appearance: Sommer has a lithe yet athletic body. Sommer tends to have her hair down around her shoulders but  when needed she will put it up in a pony tail or a lose bun. She has a variety of tastes in clothing from simple jeans and T-shirts to simple dresses and fancy gowns. She has been even known to wear gothic clothing and many other styles of alternative clothing styles.. Sommer tends to have fair skin and maybe because she is more than meets the eye she  seems to unexplainably never  sun burn.
Faceclaim: Bryce Dallas Howard

Origin and Background: Aglaea time as a goddess was as one of three Graces, That served Aphrodite as attendants as the age of gods passed and time passed the Graces were left to their own devices and the Three sisters decided to go their different ways. Well despite  the stories she was never married to  Hephateus but was known to on occasion be a confidant and friend to Hephateus after him and Aphrodite had their separation as husband and wife she did it cause she felt the god of the forge could just use a friendly face. Though eventually in her travels through out the world and in her journeys she learned about bondage and became intrigued by it and settled on going to New York where she heard some other gods took up residence and decided to open a studio to promote artistic bondage like Shibari and what other artistic applications of a variety of bondage she could come up with and even found an interest in doing amateur escape challenge videos as well. She did not really focus on the sex part but just the bondage some photo shots and videos where clothed or done naked but never involved actual sex.

Godly Gifts:
1. Aura of Beauty and Splendor: This aura helps those around her  see the beauty and splendor in them selves and others around her.
2.    The Muse's whisper, This allows her to inspire others to be creative and inspired and find the courage to create art.

Skills and Talents: Sommer had a knack for inspiring others like all the graces. Though in her travels in the mortal world she learned a lot of different styles of arts and theatre and by shear luck discovered the world of bondage. She started attending classes and researching anything she could on the topic of bondage. She learned how to tie and even learned how to craft and  make a few restraints herself. She even took some  time to learn about business and the entertainment industry to  learn how to manage talent. She did this by spending some time in college.

Immortal Equipment: None

Personality and Motivations: Sommer has a very warm and welcoming personality and she has a reall knack for helping others see the glory and splendor that lies just out of site to even themselves. Her motivations are to gather new experiences that will garner her attention for her beauty, glory and splendor for herself and  others. This is a new way of keeping her divine  essence thriving by experience Glory, Beauty and Splendor for herself and for those that come to work at her new studio alongside her instead of being worshiped or sent out to inspire at the beck and call  of the gods.

Weaknesses and Flaws:
1. The mantle of the Handmaiden:  Bound by  the nature of being a grace to tend to the needs of Aphrodite when she calls.
2. Hard to resist  the call of a festival. Old habits die hard and can't resist helping and encouraging  festivals to be planned and thrive in a community.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=292486.msg14358084#msg14358084

Extras:
Sommer's Mansion

Sommer's Townhome floor plans
If you would like me to add the individual rooms of the Townhome I can do so just let  me know if you want them.

Kuroneko

Marie Reynolds

Yep Xerial I do love you Coyote character. Kind of reminds of the  Coyote from Midnight Occult civil servants anime.

Lets be honest I think all the characters submitted so far are all pretty cool.

Wolfling72

There are so many gorgeous Character concepts here.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

himawari

whoa gimme time to look through the characters.

Wolfling72

Quote from: himawari on October 01, 2023, 08:39:19 PM
whoa gimme time to look through the characters.

Your fault for creating such an intriguing concept.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

himawari

Marie, Xerial, Wolfling, Mainsnoires - your characters have been accepted.

TheFluffyOne, Alleron, Aethyrium, Primarch, Kuroneko - your gods/goddesses have been reserved.

Quote**Do note: everyone is only entitled ONE character for now. You can add one more as soon as the RP progresses a bit further.**

Wolfling72

Quote from: himawari on October 01, 2023, 08:57:35 PM

TheFluffyOne, Alleron, Aethyrium, Primarch, Kuroneko - your gods/goddesses have been reserved.

SWEET. Thank you
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Marie Reynolds

Cool Thank Himawari. Looking forward to being apart of the fun!

Xerial

Excellent, I'm so happy I was inspired not to apply as a flatulence god!

Quote from: Kuroneko on October 01, 2023, 05:25:41 PM
Xerial, I love your Coyote.

Thanks! :D

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on October 01, 2023, 05:30:52 PM
Yep Xerial I do love you Coyote character. Kind of reminds of the  Coyote from Midnight Occult civil servants anime.

Lets be honest I think all the characters submitted so far are all pretty cool.

There are so many good characters for sure. I'm humbled to be in such good company.

himawari

ArtemisHighmore

*Drops off a flag of interest before bed*

Hmmmm, maybe Hephaestus.

Andronica

Hey himawari, am I good to go with either Athena or Sif? Pending your response I'll take a look at how the pantheons are balanced tonight before pitching you ideas

himawari

Quote from: Andronica on October 02, 2023, 10:54:29 AM
Hey himawari, am I good to go with either Athena or Sif? Pending your response I'll take a look at how the pantheons are balanced tonight before pitching you ideas

Yep. None of them are taken. You can choose either.

Andronica

Quote from: Alleron on October 01, 2023, 01:33:19 PM
I’m tentatively going to put a claim in on Thor.

Alleron, do you mind if I shoot you a PM?

Foxy DeVille

My gal...

Mortal Identity: Saffron Narayani
Pantheon: Hindu
Portfolio: Enchantment & Seduction
Apparent Age: 36
Occupation: CEO of Devata Endeavors, a modeling agency/escort service
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual and aromantic, her concern is having her cravings met and not on relationships

Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 133 lbs
Hair color: Raven black
Eye color: Chestnut brown
General Appearance: An aristocratic beauty with a posh accent, impeccable sense of fashion, and the best body money can buy
Faceclaim: Amelia Maltepe

Origin and Background: The great god Vishnu has many avatars but only one is female… Mohini the enchantress. With her cunning and allure she brought down powerful demons that threatened the heavens and the earth. The gods themselves were not immune to the temptations of her charms. Worshippers include the transgender community of India, who see her as one of them as Mohini is the female form of a male god.

Her latest incarnation was born into a wealthy family from Bangalore. Assigned male at birth, she began transitioning while attending Cambridge University in the UK and chose the name “Saffron Narayani.” After graduating Mohini as Saffron relocated to New York where used her degree in finance to set herself up as the head of her own business, Devata Endeavors. While this is a legitimate agency for models and other talent, Devata is also a front for a high-end escort service. Prostitution provides Mohini with both monetary and carnal rewards, it also allows her access to powerful men that believe they are above morality. Mohini is happy to bring them down just like she has other wicked souls.

Godly Gifts:

Maya - Mohini is a master of illusion, being able to alter the perceptions of others to suit her will.

Apsara - Her body is that of a nymph, being alluring and as at home in the water and she is on land.

Skills and Talents: In her capacity as a divine seductress, Mohini has mastered sensual techniques beyond what is contained in the Kamasutra. She is a phenomenal dancer and her creations have become part of the cultural landscape of her people. To help keep her current body enticing Mohini is an avid practitioner of yoga and trains in the martial art Kalaripayattu. She now is well-versed in the legalities of the mortal world, being a member of the bar specializing in business law. As Saffron, she has become used to living the good life and is a connoisseur of a variety of luxuries. She knows all Desi languages in addition to Arabic, French, Greek, Italian, Spanish, and English, which she speaks with a Transatlantic accent.

Immortal Equipment:

Urn of Amrita - this container holds the elixir which bestows immortality upon the gods and allows them to attain a higher level of power.

Personality and Motivations: Mohini is a cool and aloof individual who plays her cards close to her impressive chest. Her main focus in life is her own pleasure and she has expensive tastes… fashion, jewelry, gambling, worldwide hotspots, recreational drugs of various kinds. Some of her more positive traits are her concern about LGBTQ issues and the protective feeling she has toward her talent. There is a limit to that as she puts business first. She enjoys bringing down those who think their material successes makes them immune from the consequences of their actions. It may seem ironic considering her own luxurious lifestyle but she is a goddess after all. Mohini’s more mundane interests include watching 1960’s spy and heist movies, collecting vintage erotica, Britpop, and exercising to maintain her lush physique. She always tries to look her best and flaunts it when she does, those that know her have to get used to being asked to take her picture for social media even though she has mastered the art of the selfie.

Weaknesses and Flaws:

Eternal Enemies - Being the mortal foe of demons has put Mohini on the hit list of many fiendish beings. Quite a few mortals she has acted against aren’t too fond of her either.

Worship Me - Her status as a goddess of seduction has made Mohini very fond of attention. She is vulnerable to flattery and at times gets involved with the wrong sort of people. Mohini can also be quite vindictive if she feels she isn’t being given the respect she deserves.

Ons/Offs: Mohini is an oral aficionado, fond of giving and receiving both fellatio and analingus. She has a great deal of interest in exhibitionism, group sex, and BDSM, mainly as a submissive. There are times she revels in dominating men who are powerful in one way or another, letting them know who really is in charge. As a fairly vain goddess, Mohini will take selfies while having sex so she can look at herself later. The only kinks she isn’t curious about are those causing lasting harm.

Extras:
Gallery

WhatLiesAbove

Dammit....

Can I please reserve the Goddess Amphitrite, Goddess of the Sea and wife to Posiedon?

Alleron

Quote from: Andronica on October 02, 2023, 11:14:33 AM
Alleron, do you mind if I shoot you a PM?

Shoot away, but don't hit the face!  That's where I eat my ice cream!

WhatLiesAbove

Amphitrite
Amphitrite

Mortal Identity: Denise Makris
Pantheon: Greek Mythology
Portfolio: The Sea
Apparent Age: 29
Occupation: Owner of M. Seaside Adventures (tours, fishing, etc)
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual/Polyamorous

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 122 lbs
Hair color: Strawberry Blonde
Eye color: Blue
General Appearance: Short and slender, Denise tends to have wild hair. Often with a mischievous smile and a glint in blue eyes.
Faceclaim: Milly Alcock

Origin and Background: For the longest time Amphitrite was known as little more than the wife of Poseidon. Despite the fact that she too was able to control the seas, those that took to the seas tended to follow her husband over her. It wasn't until showing her own powers over the waves during the siege on Thermopolis that Amphitrite was able to gain a following...at first with the Spartans, and then with a few other coastal cities.

Now in this modern age, Amphitrite's name is still well-known amongst those who take to the waves. However, followers are still needed. Wanting to find other cultures that may be open to her name, Amphitrite has decided to come to New York City and work on gaining a following. Having created herself a moderately-sized business, she uses her powers to go out and show mortals a good time on the waterways around Manhattan Island, and even goes out into the blue waters of the Atlantic. Whether for tours, fishing, or renting out personal watercraft, "Denise" has made a name for herself as the premiere place for aquatic fun.

Godly Gifts:

• Kymata - for eons Amphitrite has been able to control the waves, making it calm as glass or as turbulent as a hurricane or typhoon.
  • Kaleste Nero - Having control over the waves allows Amphitrite to summon water in any way, into any vessel, at any time.

Skills and Talents: Amphitrite has been able to watch and learn the way humans have tried to master the sea. From the earliest canoe to the massive aircraft carrier, Amphitrite can be considered an expert at all naval craft. While flying isn't in her prevue or desires, she can handle any type of amphibious craft. She can also tell exactly where the best fishing is. For times when helping others go out and have fun gets boring, Amphitrite is able to shift the waves to make it necessary for seacrafts to be brought back to shore.

Immortal Equipment: Like Poseidon, Amphitrite has a Trident that allows her to gain control of marine life.

Personality and Motivations: Amphitrite can tend towards the mischievous side of things, though she doesn't go so far as to play pranks on total strangers. Those that know her and are close to her may sometimes get a little "gift" from her every now and again. For those that she doesn't know, she is open and inviting, though isn't the type to give people the benefit of the doubt. Being kind and being trusting are two separate things, after all.

Weaknesses and Flaws:   While typically nice, Amphitrite can switch moods at the drop of a hat. She also has...from time to time...taken her pranks a bit too far. While never violent, they can be embarrassing to all.

Ons/Offs: Those can be found here.

Extras: TBD

Kara Danvers

Dionysus

Mortal Identity: Dio Bacchus
Portfolio: Wine-making, orchards and fruit, vegetation, fertility, festivity, insanity, ritual madness, religious ecstasy, and theater.
Apparent Age: 25
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Height: 5'9
Weight: 125
Hair color: Blonde
General Appearance: Blonde, blue eyed, has a very feminine appearance, usually wears blue and black.
Faceclaim: Cara Delevingne

Origin and Background: After the decline of the Greek Empires and the fall of Rome (those were fun days, though) Dionysus traveled the world, leaving the region with a small group of followers in tow. He remained there, in the mountains of Europe, spending his time alongside his "cult" until the turn of the 20th century. Dio had become bored with staying in one place, and after hearing tales of the new modern world, he struck out. He arrived in NYC in the early 1900s, and enjoyed his time there, especially the roaring 20s and prohibition. Dio now lives in Manhattan, in an apartment overlooking Central Park. He owns and operates a high-end vineyard and winery, located in upstate NYC, and has his spirits brought in weekly for his bar in the village. 

Godly Gifts: Baccheia- Dio's very presence can slowly cause effects on others. Those around him will like him more and more, and will begin to slowly develop a fascination, and eventually an addiction to his presence. The stronger someone's willpower, the longer this can take to affect them. His bodily fluids contain a more direct dose of this, and cause extreme infatuation, sexual arousal, and addiction to even other gods. (This is of course based on OOC consent)

The Touch of Eleutherios- When making psychical contact with someone, Dio can sense their most hidden sexual desires and fetishes, as well as the ultimate desires of their heart. (This is of course based on OOC consent)

Skills and Talents: Dio has an extremely high EQ. He makes friends easily, and is of course the life of any party. Dio always mixes the best drinks. He had readily accepted modern technology, and is quite the whiz at general technology and social media.

Immortal Equipment: His thyrsus, a fennel-stem sceptre, sometimes wound with ivy and dripping with honey, is both a beneficent wand and a weapon used to destroy those who oppose his cult and the freedoms he represents.

Personality and Motivations: Dio seeks liberation for everyone, both sexual and otherwise. Of course, he desires to be worshiped as well. 

Weaknesses and Flaws: Dio is insecure due to his appearance, and often acts more domineering and powerful than he is, to attempt to offset these feelings.

While Dio is more than capable of handling humans with no effort, he is very weak when related to any godly combat.

Ons/Offs:   On and Offs

~ʜᴏᴘᴇ, ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ~
 ~ᴋᴀʀᴀ ᴅᴀɴᴠᴇʀꜱ~

LocusVonErich

Interested, may need a bit of time to find the right god.

Marie Reynolds

Wow Amphitrite, Mohini and Dionysus all look amazing! these were great reads to unwind with from the work day!

Outcast

I would love to sign up for this (and have an idea for a deity who might be interesting to explore), but really do need to prioritise minor things like beating RL into submission.

I hope that this goes well, and that everyone has fun with it.  ;D
My Ons and Offs  My A/A (updated 12/5/24)

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on October 02, 2023, 05:38:15 PM
Wow Amphitrite, Mohini and Dionysus all look amazing! these were great reads to unwind with from the work day!

Glad you liked them (especially Amphitrite)! Hopefully they meet the criteria and we get the go ahead  :-*

Marie Reynolds

Yep Good luck to you What lies above and the rest still pending approval!

himawari

Oh no. More reading of such wonderful, beautiful and creative character sheets. Whatever should I do?

himawari

Foxy, Whatliesabove and Kara - AAAAAAAAAA......................approved! 👌🏻

Side note: I will be needing more time to start the threads/stories. Gimme a day or two. But yeah, the game is a go. Do go to the OOC to hangout.  ;D

LocusVonErich

Maponos

Mortal Identity: Daniel O’Riordan
Pantheon: Celtic
Portfolio: Youth, music, poetry
Apparent Age: 42

Height: 6’2”
Weight: 235 lbs
General Appearance:
Faceclaim: Josh Homme

Origin and Background: The Celtic avatar of youth, he has hopped from host to host over the last two thousand years as his hosts get to a certain age, which is how he ended up in the body of Daniel O’Riordan, who is currently living out a semi-retirement in luxury in New York.

Godly Gifts:

The Power of Song: He can influence mood through song, though he does not know if this works on other gods, and for mortals, the effect is limited and temporary.

De-Aging: He can gift at least a year or two of youth to someone with a simple touch, though, again, this effect is very limited. This power requires both concentration and intent.

Skills and Talents: Multi-instrumentalist:
Multi-Instrumentalist: Daniel has an affinity for any musical instrument, being able to master it as soon as he takes it in his hands. He has used this to great effect to make a career for himself.

Adept Lyricist: He can write poetry like a master and has been able to turn a number of poems into musical works.

Personality and Motivations: He has the passion of a man in his twenties, the temperament of a man in his thirties, and the wisdom of a man much older. As far as his motivations, part of him wants to recapture his youth, both mortal and godly, part of him simply doesn’t want to die, and the side that is resigned to growing older? It’s curious.

Weaknesses and Flaws:
Substance Problem: Due to his youthfulness, he thinks his tolerance is higher than it is, and frequently consumes alcohol and drugs to the point of impairment or more, trying to capture a time when he could shrug off what came after over consumption.

Apathy: As his mortal shell ages, he feels apathetic toward trying to gain new followers and towards life in general. Staring Father Time in the face as the millennia passes and the number of followers dwindles has only caused him to become nihilistic.

Ons/Offs: O/O

Extras: N/A for the time being.

ArtemisHighmore

For consideration. Happy to discuss and rework as needed

Hephaestus

Mortal Identity: Hector Lemnos
Portfolio: God of artisans, blacksmiths, carpenters, craftsmen, fire, metallurgy, and volcanoes
Apparent Age: Late 30s
Sexual Orientation: Hetero

Height: 6’0”
Weight: 185lbs
Hair color: Light brown
Eye color: Coal black
General Appearance: Though tall, Hephaestus is leanly built and has a tendency to hunch, favoring his right leg when walking. He’s taken to keeping his hair long and beard thick, aesthetic choices to mask his age. His skin, long weathered by the heat of the forge, often has smudges of soot and the scent of smoke usually foretells his arrival. Rarely without his cane, a finely wrought piece with the image several handmaidens worked into it, appearing to reach up in support.
Faceclaim: Anders Lindstrom

Origin and Background: Where to even begin. Though often disputed, rumor has it that he is the progeny of Zeus and Hera, though both have been blamed for tossing him from Olympus. He landed on a little island called Lemnos, messed up his hip and spent some time with the mortals. That’s where he found he had quite the knack for the forge. Some scheming and trickery later, along with 'copious' amounts of wine from dear Dionysus, he was back on Olympus. There he put his new skills to the task, crafting some the most renowned bits of armor and equipment for his fellow gods and demi-gods.

But few things last forever and the mortal realms changed and moved on. He went by Vulcan for a bit but didn’t care for it to much. As the pantheon fell apart, deities scrambling for power, Hephaestus went off to live amongst the mortals, plying his trade. He quite enjoyed the middle ages, forging full suits of metal armor and countless blades. The feeling was almost intoxicating, so many souls working the fires and metal, silently seeking his powers even if they didn’t use his name.

Skipping to more modern times, Hephaestus brought himself to New York around the turn of the 20th century. The idea of building towering metal structures, tall enough to touch the sky, delighted him. It was almost like being back on Olympus, seated on an iron girder, feet dangling over the sheer drop as he watched the mortals going about their lives. He’d even gotten the pleasure of working on some of the key structures of the city, including the Chrysler and Empire State buildings, though he doesn’t tend to bring it up in conversation, much.

Lately he’s been operating a small shop that makes replicas of ancient arms and armor. Who would have thought that owning swords and armor would come back into fashion but all of the wonderfully wealthy eccentrics in NYC certainly keep him busy. Plus they just rave about how amazing it is to own pieces forged the old fashioned way.

Godly Gifts:
Enduring strength: Though he might not appear as strong as one might expect of his profession, Hephaestus still finds himself able to spend long hours at the forge, even working the metal with his bare hands when it needed a little extra coaxing.

Cursed Work: Though not nearly as strong or lasting at it used to be, Hephaestus can sometimes will a curse into an item he’s forging. Generally this results in some bad luck for the recipient or maybe a mild allergic reaction.

Skills and Talents:
Intelligence: A blessing of his parents, Hephaestus still maintains a keen eye and sharp mind, able to understand the workings of most machines after a quick examination, though he holds some disdain for modern appliances.

Handyman: Still quite the capable craftsman and carpenter, Hephaestus is happy to do whatever odd job is placed before him and usually looks to change his chosen career whenever he moves.

Immortal Equipment: Anvil of Olympus: Though his has had to stash it occasionally over the ages, Hephaestus has managed to hold onto his sacred anvil, perhaps the primary source of his power.

Personality and Motivations: Hephaestus tends to keep a quiet and subdued demeanor about him, leaning upon his cane and speaking softly. Though he can be friendly, even quiet the storyteller when comfortable, he tends to keep his own company. Industrious to a fault, he often puts work above all things. He’s currently quite content with his lot, enjoying the continuation and even resurgence of of blacksmithing in modern times.

Weaknesses and Flaws:
Ruined hip: Hephaestus is incapable of walking without the usage of his cane thanks to being thrown from Olympus shortly after birth. He usually claims it happened while backpacking through Europe if asked.

Lightweight: Hephaestus cannot hold his liquor. Half a glass of wine and he’s done for the evening. As a result he usually tries to avoid it.

Vindictive: He’d much prefer to get even rather than forgive even the smallest slights. Often he will devote unnecessary amounts of time trying to figure out just the right way to get revenge, even going so far as to attempt to curse the offender.

Ons/Offs: Here but a bit rusty. Feel free to ask.

Extras: Nothing at this time.

himawari

ArtemisHighmore

Hurrah! Thank you!

Bounces off to bookmark the threads!

WickedLittleWitch

himawari

Wolfling72

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on October 03, 2023, 12:11:38 PM
Hurrah! Thank you!

Bounces off to bookmark the threads!

YAY!! Artie has come to play!!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Rayne

Planting an interest flag while I think up possible character ideas.

WickedLittleWitch

Sedna

Mortal Identity: Imiq Waterwalker
Pantheon: Inuit, Pan American
Portfolio: Goddess of the Sea, Mother of all Sea Life, Goddess of Hunting and Fishing
Apparent Age:35
Sexual Orientation:Pansexual

Height: 5’5”
Weight: 145lbs
Hair color: Black-brown
Eye color: brown
General Appearance: Slender, long brown hair, traditional Inuit tattoos on her face, septum piercing.
Faceclaim: Quannah Chasinghorse

Origin and Background: Sedna or Nerrivik or Sanna has many names in the Inuit language as well as in Greenland and Canada.

“Sedna is the Inuit goddess of the sea. According to most versions of the legend Sedna was once a beautiful mortal woman who became the ruler of Adlivun (the Inuit underworld at the bottom of the sea) after her father threw her out of his kayak into the ocean. Sedna's fingers, which her father had to cut off to keep her from clinging to the side of the boat, are often said to have turned into the first sea mammals. The other details of Sedna's story are told differently in different Inuit/Eskimo communities-- sometimes she provoked her father's rage by attacking him or violating cultural taboos, while other times her father was selfishly trying to save his own life by sacrificing Sedna.” (Native-languages.com)

Once Colonizers came to her homeland and began stealing the land and killing the animals her people slowly began to stop calling to her to stop the old ways to protect their lives and their families. Forced conversion caused many of her people to forget her name and so she retreated to the underworld at the bottom of the sea. For years her people suffered and she suffered with them until slowly people turned their eyes to conserving her children of the sea and the ocean itself. With that her people slowly began to start practicing their cultural ways once more, reclaiming their music, their religion, their homes, their languages, and she returned to rejoice in the resurgence of their identities.

Sedna came among her people now under the name of Imiq and became a Native model for a sustainable Native clothing label that she founded. The materials are all sourced from natives ,the workers are all Natives, and the models are all Natives as well.

Godly Gifts: Speaker to the Sea, she can talk to all the animals of the Oceans as they are her children.

Water Walking, she can be underwater or walk on top of it without needing to breathe oxygen or have a flotation device.

Skills and Talents: She is a wonderful designer, her designs are famous the  whole world wide and are fusing traditional Native ideas with modern concepts.

Imiq is very eloquent and people are drawn to listen to her when she speaks, especially about her passions.

She is an amazing swimmer and at times will host a polar bear swim in Alaska as a benefit for Nonprofits.

Immortal Equipment: None
Personality and Motivations: Imiq is very outgoing and talkative, she is very passionate about helping her people regain what they have lost. She makes friends easily and is very easy to like. But she is changeable, like the sea, and can be vindictive if wronged and deadly if hurt. She is vicious to those she feels have wronged her people and can hold a long grudge.

Weaknesses and Flaws: She is mercurial in nature, often changing from day to day, on who she presents to people.
She holds grudges like nobody’s business.
She is easy to get along with but hard to get to know on a deeper level.
She gets bored easily and moves from person to person, thing to thing, as her mood and interests wane and change.

Ons/Offs: Same as Writer’s O/O’s

Extras:

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

TheFluffyOne

Brigid
Brigid

Mortal Identity: Bridget Kavanagh
Portfolio: Goddess of Fire and Prophecy
Apparent Age: 30
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Height: 5’6”
Weight: 120lbs
Eye color: Greyish Green
General Appearance: She prefers to dress in layers of clothing, hiding the gentle curves that her body has. Her hair comes down to her waist and is a mixture of thick waves and tangled curls. There is a smattering of freckles over her nose and her arms and shoulders. She often has two to three trinkets on chains around her neck. Always of gold.

Faceclaim: Eleanor Tomlinson

Origin and Background:
Origin
Brigid is one of five children of the God Dagda. She was often called a ‘woman of wisdom’ and was famous for her protecting care. Brigid was often thought to be one of three sisters all named Brigid. One of prophecy, one of healing and one as a smith. She was not one of three…but more she was all three. Her fire foretold events in the flicker of its flames, the flame often forged the greatest of weapons and the fire healed those who were ill and warmed their bones.

In her heavenly realm, she is said to have two oxen, Fea and Femen as well as many other domesticated animal-like entities. Her hearth was always open to those who needed to stave off the cold or gain safety from the darkness.

When the Christians came, they canonised her. She was gifted a new name and given new powers. Brigid would warm any who came to her, regardless of their faith. Her path never truly strayed from the old ways and she is often celebrated through the healing ritual of strips of cloth left wrapped around a branch.
Background
Brigid liked the roam the human world, moving from hearth to hearth, from fireplace to fireplace, and flickering candle to flickering candle. As the humans relied less and less on her fire to keep themselves warm, she found herself on solid ground. Searching for a new fire to stoke. She found it in the souls of the humans around her. Each one with their own burning flame that they fed or smothered.

Through some luck and a favour or two, she managed to bring her beloved oxen to earth in new forms. Beautiful pitbulls. Chunky and desperate for love. She kept their original names and adores them like none other.

Learning from others like her, she settled in cities. Starting small coffee stores and cafes. Warming every human who entered her threshold and gifting them what they needed to get them through the day. Brigid rarely stays in one place long but she has recently found herself in New York. Opening her small café in the corner of a quiet street, she has found herself more at home in this place than any other she has visited in a long time.

Godly Gifts:
Warm your bones: Her home is never cold. Her café is always toasty. Regardless of the temperature outside, she will always be warm. She can gift a small kiss of her heat to those desperately in need of it.

Cup o’ tea: With every cup of tea, mug of coffee and glass of water that she brings to a human, she sees a small glimpse of their day. The happiness that they bring to others, the nervousness of an upcoming interview or the sharp comments that spill from their lips stained with regret. With a simple swirl of the liquid, she can turn their tide. She can gift them a small warmth of confidence in their belly or burn their cheeks in embarrassment at their harsh words.

Spark: She has a reasonable control over fire. She can swell it and squash it. She can increase the temperature so it melts different materials, or she can make it have no heat at all.

Foresight: Her gift of prophecy has dwindled in past years. She can still see into the future of humans and witness a few days in advance for gods but she can no longer see the full picture. Aspects are missing or faces are smudged. She aids how she can but she worries that one day the power will be gone.

Skills and Talents: (Both from their time as gods and for their mortal guises)

• She is a skilled baker. Her café is often overflowing with bread, cupcakes and all other treats!
  • Since arriving in the human world,Bridget has developed the talent of reading someone. It helps that she often able to see a little further into their day but she can tell when someone is acting shifty, nervous or if they are scared.
  • It took many years to perfect it, but she can make a mean cup of coffee!

Immortal Equipment:
The teapot of Cerdiwen: A red clay teapot with some small markings around the base. The teapot can be used to brew coffee or tea. The teapot was moulded by Brigid after a cauldron she once knew. Any drink brewed in the teapot and consumed would imbue knowledge and wisdom to whoever drank of it.

Motherly in all sense of the word. She’ll welcome you with warm arms and a tender embrace but also whack you around the back of your head if you deserve it. She’s a very lively person. Quick to anger, quick to forgive. Gives the best advice this side of the heavens though hell mend you if you don’t take it.

Weaknesses and Flaws:
Firey rage: Yes, it is stereotypical, but the woman cannot control her temper. She can be petty, vindicative and outright mean on occasion. She is very easy to get a rise out of!

Judgement: It does not help that she can see small snippets of their future but she often judges humans and deities alike dependant on what she sees in their future. Even without the full story or greater context, she will make up her mind by what her powers have shown her.

Ons/Offs: See O/Os please.

Extras:

These are her babies!

Café Firefly

Please do say if I need to change anything :)

You know you want something like this, so check out Ama's graphic commissions!

WickedLittleWitch

himawari

TheFluffyOne & WickedLittleWitch - Accepted.

I'm slowly creating the threads now.

WickedLittleWitch

himawari

Swashbuckler

Consider me quite interested!

Now to think of the right God......  🤔

Mellific

Interested! Now the hard part is going to be picking a goddess!

If I can, please reserve Hecate for me! 🥰

O/O | A/A | MM

Andronica

Quote from: Mellific on October 06, 2023, 08:50:31 AM

I was really hoping someone would go for her! This just seems so fitting~

LocusVonErich

Hey, sorry for the rough draft CS, I was gonna finish it and, what do you know, I come down with Covid.

RainyHigh

Heeeey, Mel, and Swash~

:-)

Quote from: Andronica on October 06, 2023, 10:26:04 AM
I was really hoping someone would go for her! This just seems so fitting~

That crown looks gorgeous~
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: LocusVonErich on October 06, 2023, 04:10:52 PM
Hey, sorry for the rough draft CS, I was gonna finish it and, what do you know, I come down with Covid.

Aunt Rona paid me a visit not too long ago. Hopefully she only stays with you a lil' bit.

LocusVonErich

Quote from: Foxy DeVille on October 06, 2023, 09:53:21 PM
Aunt Rona paid me a visit not too long ago. Hopefully she only stays with you a lil' bit.

I’m through the worst of it, I’m just debating whether or not to finish what I started or trying to come up with something else.

himawari

Quote from: Mellific on October 06, 2023, 08:50:31 AM

MELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Quote from: Swashbuckler on October 06, 2023, 08:48:18 AM
Consider me quite interested!

Now to think of the right God......  🤔

*cough* hades *cough*

tbh, be whoever you want to be.

Quote from: LocusVonErich on October 06, 2023, 04:10:52 PM

All gucci. Take all the time needed.

LocusVonErich

Alright, I think I’ve got it where I want it.

Kuroneko

Well, I changed my mind on which god to choose, so I present to you ...

Osiris

Mortal Identity: Samir Farouk
Pantheon: Egyptian
Portfolio: God of the dead, the afterlife, fertility, agriculture, resurrection, life, and vegetation.
Apparent Age: Early 40’s
Occupation: Funeral Director / Mortician, owner of Abydos Funeral Services

Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 200
General Appearance: Samir is a tall man with a lithe, muscular build, swarthy skin, and long, dark hair and a full beard. He has several hieroglyphic tattoos across his body, most notably the back of his hands, and encircling his collarbones.
Faceclaim: Nitin Chauhan

Origin and Background: My brother Set is a jealous and difficult God …

I was the eldest child of our parents, Geb and Nut, and my sister Isis and I had always been deeply in love, and destined to be wed. Set was jealous of both our love and my role as the first ruler of Egypt, and conspired to murder me. Deception was his strength, and that is how he tricked me. After I had reigned for 28 years, he held a banquet in my honor, and presented an ornate box covered in gold and jewels, promising it to whoever would fit inside it. Little did I know that he had acquired my measurements and had it built to their specification, so that only I would fit inside it. The moment I laid down inside it at his urging, seventy two of his followers rushed forward to nail down the lid and seal me inside what became the first sarcophagus. Set then threw it into the Nile, where I drowned. I drifted, for how long I know not, until my sweet wife found me and hid my body away. But Set was determined, and found my body when she was absent. Rather than burying me as I deserved, my brother cut my body into fourteen pieces, and scattered them all about Egypt. Isis, however, was even more determined. She found the pieces. All that is, but one. Reassembled, she used her powers to bring me back to life, but I could no longer remain in the land of the living. I had become the god of the dead, of rebirth, and the afterlife, never to return from the Underworld.

But, the passage of time has eased the bonds that once held me in the land of the dead. I found myself, unbidden, in this city. Here I do not judge the dead and send them on their way, to my realm or Ammit’s. My powers are less than they were, but I still see those that are not of this world, hear them, speak to them. I still know the measure of their souls. And here, I find that I can, from time to time, raise them up and bring them back to the land of the living, much like I once brought the Nile forth from its banks. Here I can immerse myself in the rituals of death and give comfort to the living.

Godly Gifts:

• Resurrection: Osiris can bring dead people, animals, and plants back to life.
  • Judgement: With a simple glance, Osiris is able to read and measure an individual’s soul, knowing the balance of their good and evil deeds.
  • Necromancy: Osiris can see, hear, and speak to the dead, gaining insight, receiving messages, and on occasion, getting them to do his bidding.

Skills and Talents:

• A wealth of patience - Millennia in the underworld has given Osiris the ability to wait for things to come to fruition.
  • Divination – his skills in augury are highly developed, and incredibly accurate. Bird augury is among his specialties. Perhaps because the dead whisper in his ear.
  • Embalming – Osiris is famously skilled in caring for the dead, preserving their bodies, and planning the rites for the celebration of their transition to the underworld. Abydos Funeral Services is highly respected for the skill and care it provides for their clients.

Immortal Equipment: The door to Farouk’s funeral home is flanked on either side by the djed, the ancient Egyptian symbol meaning ‘stability.’ It is a symbolic representation of Osiris’ backbone, and the gate to his realm in the underworld.

Personality and Motivations: Patient, resourceful, with a keen and intelligent mind, Osiris has a depth of emotion and sensitivity that extends towards those dealing with the difficulties presented by the upheaval of death in their lives. He is contemplative, thoughtful, and slow to anger, but can also appear distracted by deep matters. Those who live by the rules of the ma’at have his blessing and protection, and those who don’t receive little sympathy from him. 

Weaknesses and Flaws:

• Osiris is not a living god, having been killed and dismembered by his brother Set, and reassembled by his wife and sister Isis only to be condemned to the underworld. His presence in the world of the living is thin, and he is walking on borrowed time.

• Osiris is missing a crucial part of his body.
Ons/Offs: see players ons and offs.

Extras: TBD

Swashbuckler

hima, reserve Ares for me with Joe Manganiello as the FC please?

I will work on get to working on his sheet ! 

Mellific

Hi, Hima, Rainy, & Andronica! And everyone else!

Can I ask to have Selena Gomez reserved for me please? I am working on my CS now. <3

O/O | A/A | MM

Mellific

Mortal Identity: Selene Ambrose
Pantheon: Greek Pantheon
Portfolio: Hecate means "worker from afar." She is goddess over witchcraft and magic and nectromancy
Apparent Age: Appears 30; Actually immortal
Occupation: Shop Owner - Witch City (a store of witchcraft and healing)

Height: 5'4
Weight: 120 lbs
Eye color: Caramel
General Appearance: Glowing skin, dark features, curves for days
Faceclaim: Selena Gomez

Origin and Background: Hecate was the chief goddess ruling over magic and spells. She is the only child to parents Perses and Asteria. It is said that she witnessed the abduction of Demeter’s daughter, Persephone, to the underworld and carried a torch in her hand to assist with the search for her. After the story reached the mortals, pillars called Hecataea were mounted at crossroads and doorways, perhaps to keep away evil spirits. Hecate was represented as single-formed, clad in a long robe, holding a burning torch in one hand and a sword or a key in the other. In later representations she was triple-formed, with three bodies standing back-to-back, perhaps so that she could look in all directions at once from the crossroads. She was accompanied by packs of barking dogs and sometimes was seen with a snake draped over her shoulders.

Though she spent much of her time with the other Greek gods, she was known to dwell in Thrace, a wild northern region of Greece known for its tales of Amazons. Because she felt at ease in the darkness and the wilds, she often wandered and found herself traveling quite a bit. Her modern form allowed her to dwell among the mortals, creating a storefront where she could use her powers and even sell them for profit. It helped her to feel useful to directly protect the mortals who called out to her for protection. She found her way to New York, where the city never sleeps and the magic never dies. Witches and witchcraft had become far more tolerated and accepted in recent years, which allow her to hide in plain sight. Her store, Lucky Witch, hosts tarot card readings, ghost hunting trips, seances, potion making, magic tricks, and the like.

Godly Gifts:

• Mystiokinesis - Also called reality-warping, which is the ability to cast and manipulate magic. As the mother of witches, Hecate is an all powerful spellcaster and can perofrm all types of magic. Her magical ability, though absolute, is stronger during the night.
  • Necromancy - She's called the goddess of crossroads. This comes from her depiction as a beautiful woman with three human heads, which gave her the ability or the power to see in all directions at once including being able to see all parts of the timeline: the past, present, and future. Using this ability, she can communicate with the dead and can search for those who are missing across all planes of existence.
  • Dream Manipulation - She has the ability to use sleep spells in order to manipulate dreams and sleep. As goddess of magic, she was able to see multiple futures, so it was said she could predict prophecies too. However, these will only come to her in her own dreams.

Skills and Talents:

• Intuition - She can use her intuitive abilities to read others futures and fortunes, guide them in life, and protect them from harm by means of tarot, palm reading, and prophecies which come to her in her dreams.
  • Cooking - She is skilled at concocting everything from food for consumption to potions for every imaginable purpose.
  • Man's Best Friend - Packs of dogs are sometimes seen with her, specifically in the wild, as if they wish to protect her.

Immortal Equipment: A wooden staff - It has the ability to turn into any physical thing (a weapon, an animal, etc).

Personality and Motivations: Wise | Introverted | Cunning | Sneaky | Controlling | Jealous | Secretive | Determined | Intense | Bewitching

Weaknesses and Flaws:

• Daytime - In the daylight, her powers and abilities still work, however they are weaker without the presence of the moon.
  • Moon phases - Depending on the phases of the moon, her moods may be influenced. The waxing and waning of the moons directly effect her, emotionally.
  • Magic blocks - There is at least one supernatural creature who can block all forms of magic, which makes him the ultimate enemy of Hecate. Most blocks are ineffective, though.

Ons/Offs: Mel's O/O. Please PM with specifics

Extras:
Lucky Witch

O/O | A/A | MM

Alleron

Behold!  A completed thunder god!

Mortal Identity: Gunnar Sigmund
Pantheon: Norse
Portfolio: Thunder, War, Strength, Fertility, Protection, Wrestling
Apparent Age: 40

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 330 lbs
Hair color: Brown with hints of grey
General Appearance: People joke that Gunnar might as well be the model for the gyms he promotes.   Tall, solidly muscled, with long, wild hair and a thick beard, he looks like some sort of amalgamation of Viking, biker, and friendly grizzly bear...a description that's not entirely wrong.  He has large, rough, callused hands and keen eyes.  He tends to dress in jeans, band t-shirts, and a leather biker's Jacket with a rune-covered design that no one can link to any known Club.
Faceclaim: Ryan Hurst

Origin and Background: Born as one of Odin's sons, Thor was known early on for his immense strength, stubborn attitude, and his talent for rescuing others from Giants, then slaying them (the Giants, that is).  He became a celebrated hero to morals and Gods alike, always willing to take on the next Great Challenge.  Of course, it meant that developing other aspects of his personality took a much longer time.  It was really only through his marriage to the Goddess Sif that Thor was able to undergo some actual emotional growth, and be less of a well-intentioned howling barbarian at the gates and act more as a true hero.

When he and Sif traveled to Midgard, once belief in the Aesir started to wane, Thor was smart enough to stick to what he knew.  Sif, already his far better half, he left the business of, well, business.  He became a sort of wandering hero, riding the road on his bike, helping out where he could, leaving trails of battered bodies and well-deserved lessons in his wake.  During one of those trips, he had the brilliant idea of teaching others how to fight with Lausatok Glima, the ancient bare-handed and weaponed fighting arts of the Vikings.  Considering the example he was able to set for its effectiveness, it was only a few years until he was the quite successful owner of a chain of fighting gyms. 

Godly Gifts:
  • Godly Strength: Even among the Norse Gods, there were strong warriors, mighty warriors, and Thor.  He still posses that same shocking strength that once lifted the World Serpent and nearly wrestled Old Age to a draw.
    Electrokinesis: Thor still possesses his mastery of Thunder and Lightening
Skills and Talents:
  • In proud Aesir tradition, Thor would boast of his accomplishments before a battle.  That habit has made him a skilled public speaker.
  • Thor is a gifted hand-to-hand fighter.
  • Thor is a skilled motorcycle rider.
Immortal Equipment: Thor still possesses his legendary Giant-Smiting, Lightning-calling, ever-returning hammer, Mjolnir.

Thor will be the first to admit he's a simple man.  Not stupid, simply uncomplicated.  He cares about justice, doing the right thing, and helping those who can't help themselves (and deserve it).  He has a short temper when it comes to rudeness and assholes in general, though thankfully, he can laugh off a joke at his own expense these days.  He is brusque; never rude, but he vastly prefers to get to the point of any matter rather than dragging things out.  He loves a good party, and isn't afraid to burn the candle at both ends, though as a rule, he always makes time for his wife, and no force has yet manifested in any of the Nine Realms to make him give that time up.

Weaknesses and Flaws:
  • Thor's family comes first, always, whether his father, brothers, sisters, cousins, or especially his wife, Sif.
  • Thor cannot turn down a true challenge.  Smack-talk and boasting are one thing, but Thor is pathologically incapable of turning down a genuine challenge, no matter how simple, hard, or unnecessary.
  • Thor still subscribes to ancient tenets of Guest-Right, and must act as a perfect guest or host when invited somewhere.
Ons/Offs: Here!

Extras:

FyreFoxx

Planting an interest flag. This would be my first group game, so be patient with me? I had an interesting concept and wondered who I should PM about it?
 Current Status: CLOSED
 How To Stoke The Fyre (O/O) Updated Aug 19, 2023
 What does the Foxx say? (A/A) Updated Oct 1, 2023
 Den of Iniquity (World Building)

Alleron

As a general rule of thumb, go with the GM, in this case Himawari, unless it’s a concept particular to another character, then feel out that player first.

Swashbuckler

Mortal Identity: Arden Blake
Portfolio: God of War
Apparent Age: 46

Height: 6’5”
Weight: 235 pounds
Hair color: Black (grey)
General Appearance: Arden is a tall, extremely muscular man.  Arden has black, thick hair with grey peppering it throughout, and often sports a short, well trimmed beard.
Faceclaim: Joe Manganiello

Origin and Background: Ares is the son of Zeus and Hera, and the god of war and courage.  Representing the physical valor and bloodlust required for victory (in his opinion), Ares was rarely loved much by the other gods, or indeed many mortals (until they needed him), both finding preference for his sister Athena and her brand of strategic battle.  Unsurprisingly, Ares usually held many of the other gods in return contempt, but loved the brutish and cruel nature of mortals, particularly the Amazons, Spartans and Thracians, all of which paid him his due.

Many of the myths of Ares, spread well and truly by gods he imagined as afraid to face him, were set to humiliate or degrade him, but such things never bothered Ares much.  After all, war never goes away, and so neither would he.  Humans, and Gods, might bemoan his existence, right up until diplomacy failed and then suddenly everyone wants him on their side.  With war only growing larger as the centuries passed, Ares grew strong on the conflicts, even so far as world wars, even if men rarely spoke his name anymore.

It was after the end of WWII that Ares decided to leave Europe.  Things had grown very peaceful, or at least a quiet tension, and his bloodlust was sated for some time indeed.  Curious of the new world, Ares traveled overseas, trying out different lives and roles until at last he settled in New York.  It was the concept of the ‘concrete jungle” that drew him, and discovering the rough and tumble nature of the city, Ares knew he had found a home.

Deciding to blend, Ares joined the police force, finding a place for his outlook on mortals and enjoying their concept of authority.  A good beat cop, Arden as he went by now, fell victim to the peter principle, being promoted to detective after a few years.  Not much of an investigator, see his sister for that kind of thing, Arden nevertheless held his rank because he got results.  Sure, his methods were not something you’d put on a recruiting poster, but he got things done.

Godly Gifts:

Strength:  Ares is incredibly strong, even among the gods, as is fitting to his role.

Stamina:  Ares does not grow tired or fatigued for quite some time, being able to exert himself or put off sleep for days if he wished.

Incite Bloodlust:  A gift, and a curse, when Ares is lost in his own bloodlust, he can draw mortals around him into the same state, often making a bad situation worse.

Skills and Talents:

Personal combat: Ares is a consummate warrior.  When it comes to forms of injuring or killing, Ares is the best.  Sadly, many of his skills like horsemanship, swordsmanship, spear wielding, don’t apply to today's society, but Ares is a crack shot with a gun, and well, punching is still punching.  He is in fact an excellent boxer, and enjoys it as his favorite form of exercise.

Intimidation:  Ares carries a threat of imminent violence with him wherever he goes.  When he lays down a threat, you can tell he means it, and is more than willing to carry it out.

Immortal Equipment: Sword of Ares - Although common pictured with a spear in ancient times, Ares came to prefer the sword and carries a crude but wickedly sharp and flaming version of the weapon, whose burning wounds are exceedingly difficult to heal.  Ares always keeps this on him, disguised as a collapsing baton.

Personality and Motivations:   Arrogant, brutish, temperamental, cold when he isn’t angry, jealous and dismissive.  Ares can also be honorable (he keeps his word), loyal, and courageous. 

Weaknesses and Flaws:

Quick to anger:  Ares has a legendary temper, and it very rarely expresses itself in non-destructive ways.

Bloodlust: Ares has a tight, but wavering control on his violent nature.  He craves challenge and combat, and if he goes too long without it, he will grow more and more irritable until he makes it happen, or finds a release.  When this happens, Ares can lose control, flying into a battle rage with little (to no) difference between friend or foe.

Ons/Offs: Here, PM with questions

Extras:
More Photos

himawari

Swashbuckler, Alleron and Mellific - WELCOME TO GODS OF NYC

You can head over to OOC to make connections, say hi and settle in. :D

Quote from: FyreFoxx on October 07, 2023, 11:16:21 AM
Planting an interest flag. This would be my first group game, so be patient with me? I had an interesting concept and wondered who I should PM about it?
Quote from: Alleron on October 07, 2023, 11:20:09 AM
As a general rule of thumb, go with the GM, in this case Himawari, unless it’s a concept particular to another character, then feel out that player first.

What Alleron said. As long as it doesn't change the RP settings i.e: let's gather the gods to destroy NYC or let's have a giant orgy party... AND as long as it doesn't offend any of the authors in the RP...I would possibly give a green light to it.
You can make connections with characters via PMs.  XD

Xerial

...wait, this isn't a giant orgy party?

[Gasps in Spanish]

Mellific

Thanks Hima! I'll head over to the OOC! <3

O/O | A/A | MM

himawari

LocusVonErich

Maponos

Mortal Identity: Daniel O’Riordan
Portfolio: Youth, music, poetry
Apparent Age: 42

Height: 6’2”
Weight: 235 lbs
General Appearance: He stands head and shoulder over most people, with red copper hair that he often slicks back. He is in decent shape but not an Adonis by any means, though he is growing outward rather than upward at this stage of life.
Faceclaim: Josh Homme

Origin and Background:
Origin: The son of Dea Matrona(The Divine Mother), Maponos is the Celtic God of Youth and Music. When the Romans conquered Gaul and Briton, Maponos was one of a pantheon, and was instantly conflated with Apollo. Sure, they are similar dudes, but they aren’t exactly identical. Apollo has abilities he doesn’t have, and vice versa. Apollo can do prophetic stuff, Maponos has the power of eternal youth(even if it ain’t so eternal anymore.) What matters is, they’re not completely the same.

Background: This current incarnation of Maponos was born in 1981. He grew up in a single parent household as the eldest child, busking on street corners from a young age to help make money for a mother who had no aspirations for herself beyond making sure she had enough to keep her family off the street, her most innate desire was to be the same housewife her mother had been, even though her mother had disowned her for a teenaged pregnancy. At age 12, his mother finally found a man with means who was willing to take care of her and her children. As he grew up, Daniel took to music as solace and started a band with some of his high school friends, scoring a couple of hits in the 2000’s, making enough money to live out his life in comfort, but being one of the unsung heroes of his generation instead of a superstar. “Underrated” is a word fans like to use. These days, he’s taking a break from life on the road, not hanging them up for good, just taking an extended vacation.
Godly Gifts:

The Power of Song: He can influence mood through song, though he does not know if this works on other gods, and for mortals, the effect is limited and temporary.

De-Aging: He can gift at least a year or two of youth to someone with a simple touch, though, again, this effect is very limited. This power requires both concentration and intent.

Skills and Talents:
Multi-Instrumentalist: Daniel has an affinity for any musical instrument, being able to master it as soon as he takes it in his hands. He has used this to great effect to make a career for himself.

Adept Lyricist: He can write poetry like a master and has been able to turn a number of poems into musical works.

Personality and Motivations: He has the passion of a man in his twenties, the temperament of a man in his thirties, and the wisdom of a man much older. As far as his motivations, part of him wants to recapture his youth, both mortal and godly, part of him simply doesn’t want to die, and the side that is resigned to growing older? It’s curious.

Weaknesses and Flaws:
Substance Problem: Due to his youthfulness, he thinks his tolerance is higher than it is, and frequently consumes alcohol and drugs to the point of impairment or more, trying to capture a time when he could shrug off what came after over consumption.

Apathy: As his mortal shell ages, he feels apathetic toward trying to gain new followers and towards life in general. Staring Father Time in the face as the millennia passes and the number of followers dwindles has only caused him to become nihilistic.

Ons/Offs: O/O

Extras: N/A for the time being.

MetroFallout

Potentially interested in joining with Hermes as a bit of a speed demon (natch) with a penchant for Italian performance vehicles.

himawari

MetroFallout

Could Hermes gain power from "worship"/reverance from fans of speedster type superheroes?

edit: or at least relevance

himawari

Quote from: MetroFallout on October 10, 2023, 07:39:34 PM
Could Hermes gain power from "worship"/reverance from fans of speedster type superheroes?

edit: or at least relevance

I think it has to be about Hermes himself and not from The Flash or Road Runner. :'D

MetroFallout

WIP
Hermes

[floatright][/floatright]

Mortal Identity:Herman Messner
Portfolio: messengers, psychopomp, trickster, roads, boundaries, travel, sailors, commerce, male fertility, shepherds
Apparent Age:30s
Sexual Orientation:Heterosexual

Height: 5' 11“
Weight: 180lbs
Hair color: dark brown
General Appearance:
Faceclaim:

Origin and Background: Hermes spent his time over the years among mortals primarily performing his role as a courier, delivering both written messages and packages. While his guises and names changed, one thing stayed the same, the package would be delivered in a timely manner and in one piece. A god’s gotta have some semblance of pride for his work right? Through empires, wars and over tremendous distances, no location is denied him.

Eventually, he made his way to Germany in the early 1800s in his current guise and adopted a German name that he went by for some time before hopping onto the first reliable ship that could reach the New World. Settling in New York, he continued his work and moved his wealth that he’d accumulated for centuries with him. Unbeknownst to him, he’d spend the next century with peak demands for his services until it all wound-down after the dissolution of the Soviet Union.

Godly Gifts:
Superhuman Speed and Endurance
Barrier production/projection
Intelligence and Cunning

Skills and Talents:
Peerless Driver/Rider/Pilot
Self-Defence (disclaimer: Herman is not a top-tier fighter like Ares is but is good enough to deal with just about any mortal threat when combined with his gifts)
Cooking
Wrenching (mechanical and electronic/electrical)

Immortal Equipment: Caduceus Staff keychain
imbues the keys/fobs with a skeleton key quality that allows any vehicle its user directs it at to be unlocked, when used in a vehicle it imbues Hermes' power in several ways.
  • Temporarily repairs a vehicle to peak mechanical function as if it had just left the factory if it is theoretically capable of functioning
  • Regenerates degenerative mechanical and electric/electronic wear and tear while vehicle is in operation
  • Extends range to only be limited by operator endurance of fatigue.
  • Reduces engine emissions to zero (new functionality at the dawn of emissions standards)

A light-hearted person, he enjoys what he does as a means to keep himself busy and entertain himself with the effect and reactions he garners from his deliveries. Beyond his own personal principles that override as to whether or not he would accept the undertaking to deliver something in the first place, he makes sure he completes his task no matter what.

Weaknesses and Flaws:

Lack of Strength (Hermes is not particularly physically strong for a god, this carries over to his mortal guise as Herman Messner and he is just about as strong as he looks for a human)

Too clever by half (Hermes expects the same level of trouble, trickery or complexity that he’s capable of and can fool himself in when confronted by a babe, fool or situation that is exactly as it seems)

Ons/Offs:

Extras: Has a massive collection of well-maintained vehicles hidden away that would make even Jay Leno envious in terms of sheer numbers and variety