Fiasco [RPG game] Interest Check

Started by Innocence, October 26, 2015, 02:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeli

Well then I am going to take ANOTHER 2 (omg so greedy) to determine that Innocence and I are secretly lesbian lovers. 

Why is it secret?  Is one of us from a family that would NOT approve?  Is one of us actively courting someone else?  Or maybe its a hatefuck and we would NEVER actually admit to tolerating the other.  Time will tell!

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Innocence

Quote from: RedEve on October 29, 2015, 05:26:06 AM
So does this mean I am up again?

Yup =] Your turn Red

@ Faeli - So greedy, just like in our relationship.  I'm sure you'd be the dominant one.  Perhaps you're blackmailing me? OOO~~!!!!

Lol. 

Faeli

Quote from: Innocence on October 29, 2015, 05:49:53 AM
Yup =] Your turn Red

@ Faeli - So greedy, just like in our relationship.  I'm sure you'd be the dominant one.  Perhaps you're blackmailing me? OOO~~!!!!

Lol.
That really depends on whether me or Red end up being the Queen Bee... I imagine if I'm the sycophant then I would be the submissive one in our secret relationship too :P

Innocence

Quote from: Faeli on October 29, 2015, 06:01:41 AM
That really depends on whether me or Red end up being the Queen Bee... I imagine if I'm the sycophant then I would be the submissive one in our secret relationship too :P
I guess.
Or we could be equals.  Secret lovers that want to get away from the constraints of our ordinary lives.  [Realized this is one of the 'NEEDS' in the game while I was typing this!!!! lol]
I'll choose for us '2: to get away' for my next turn.  Would you like to choose one of the possible elements under that? Murder looks fun =D

RedEve

I am going to burn another one of the 4s to further define my relationship with Wander.
Bound by a dark secret it is. :)

Innocence

Quote from: RedEve on October 29, 2015, 06:25:34 AM
I am going to burn another one of the 4s to further define my relationship with Wander.
Bound by a dark secret it is. :)

Awesome, thanks =]  Thread updated.
Are you getting used to the mechanics of the system, Red?

wander

Ooh, a dark secret... ^^

I'm thinking perhaps... something to do with a murder? Given the story type and such. What do you think Eve? Of course depending on Needs that may come up, something interesting may pop our my minds about that. :)

Okay, I'm picking a 2 to deepen the Friendship that I have with Ron to be 'Unlikely Friends'... I feel there's more of a potential story there if the two of us are opposites and yet friends, though I was tempted to snap up some of the other results.

So far I see Innocence and Ron as family, where I'm Ron's friend. I've likely brought Eve, for a reason perhaps we have to cover something up at the Camp's site. Who invited Faeli, or if she invited Innocence and/or Eve to the Camp will be interesting to find out.  ^-^

So now it's Ron's turn again. :)

RedEve

Quote from: Innocence on October 29, 2015, 06:29:07 AM
Awesome, thanks =]  Thread updated.
Are you getting used to the mechanics of the system, Red?

Yeah, watching the Wheaton clips helped in that regard. Though the aftermath was still a bit confusing, mostly in terms of how the degree of "badness" was determined.

wander

Quote from: RedEve on October 29, 2015, 07:34:17 AM
Yeah, watching the Wheaton clips helped in that regard. Though the aftermath was still a bit confusing, mostly in terms of how the degree of "badness" was determined.

I believe it's down the amount of 'good' and 'bad' outcome dice you have managed to collect by time Act 2 is over. There is a table that you look up and it tells you how bad your character ends up as depending on the outcome dice.

I'm sure Innocence will post that table up when it's time. :)

Ron Don Volante

Let's use that last 4 to make Innocence and I ex spouses.
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Innocence

Awesome!! And that settles everyone's relationship statuses =D
Now it's time to decide our needs, locations and objects.  I'm going to take a 2 and decide Faeli and I 'Need to get away...'
You don't need to choose a need on your turn, you may wish to decide a location or an object between your characters. 

Also, as Ron said, since he took the last 4 that means there are no more 4 die to be used. 
We've also only got a single 1, two 2s, three 3's, and a few 5's and 6's.

edit: Ron, I was actually hoping we would be ex spouses XD
Could my secret lesbian relationship with Faeli have anything to do with it? Hehehe

Ron Don Volante

FYI I was hoping to play a female characters but if you don't like the idea of a F/F/F triangle and/or the idea of a Lord playing a female character I'm totally cool with making MC male.
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Innocence

Lol nah go ahead, if you wanna play a female that's fine.
I think that means wander is the only male.  Unless he's playing a woman too =D

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
I just realized I forgot to take out four dice when Phaia confirmed she wouldn't be playing.
I've done that now and taken out the last four numbers of the dice pool roll [seen in red]
That means we've only got nine numbers left:
A single 1, a single 2, a pair of 3s, no 4s, a single 5 and four 6s

Faeli

Quote from: Innocence on October 29, 2015, 08:14:45 PM

I just realized I forgot to take out four dice when Phaia confirmed she wouldn't be playing.
I've done that now and taken out the last four numbers of the dice pool roll [seen in red]
That means we've only got nine numbers left:
A single 1, a single 2, a pair of 3s, no 4s, a single 5 and four 6s

Shouldn't it be 7?  Its 4 die per player and we've gone around twice already

Faeli

So!  We're in the third go-around.  We have all established the locations, so now its time to set some needs, some locations, and some objects to drive the conflicts. 

Because we're Elliquiy, and we do naughty stuff, I am going to define a Location of The Cabins, I figure we can easily identify one of the cabins which isn't generally used but might well be used for... ahem... other things?

We have now moved beyond the realm of deciding things for our characters and are now determining what objects, desires, and set-pieces will drive the game once we start playing :)

RedEve

Faeli

Yes, but I am also a bit confused.  I'm pretty sure Innocence determined a need for herself and I, but I also don't think that is how it works...

I thought Needs, Locations, and Objects were universal... so now I'm all confused!

RedEve

Quote from: Faeli on October 30, 2015, 04:12:34 AM
Yes, but I am also a bit confused.  I'm pretty sure Innocence determined a need for herself and I, but I also don't think that is how it works...

I thought Needs, Locations, and Objects were universal... so now I'm all confused!

Well I'm no expert by any means but I think it would make sense if at least the locations were universal?
I guess I could see why the needs would be linked to characters, since they wouldn't all share the same need (more conflict that way).

RedEve

So if I get this right, if I choose an object, I can only determine the category and then let someone else determine what exactly it is?

In that case, I will use one of the sixes on the "information" subcategory of the objects.

Faeli

Okay, so I have rewatched the episode and it does look like locations, needs, and objects are associated with specific relationships, but are also psudo-universal.  For example, if we declared that Eve and I had a weapon, it could easily be taken and used by someone else.

And, based on that, I'm going to say that The Cabin in question (which is not in use normally) is some place that Innocence and I use.  I'm sorry to not share it with Eve since Innocence and I already have a need associated with us but, really, if the two of us are secret lovers we HAVE to have a place to do that away from prying eyes :P

Faeli

Eveness!  Do you want to be the Queen Bee, or the Sycophant, or do you care?  I am starting to get my character focused in my miiiiiind!  ^_^

RedEve

Quote from: Faeli on October 30, 2015, 04:54:30 AM
Eveness!  Do you want to be the Queen Bee, or the Sycophant, or do you care?  I am starting to get my character focused in my miiiiiind!  ^_^

I can roll either way. :)

RedEve

Okay, so I will then tie my object of "information" to wander.
Possibly also tied to our "bound by a dark secret" relationship?

wander

Afternoon all, sorry I'm late. ^^

Sounds good Eve, so our pair be looking for some specific information at the cabins, maybe it's incriminating to us and we need to get it before someone else finds it??  ::)

Okay, so quickly on the points of Needs... They seem to be pseudo-universal. If three players played Fiasco, thats 12 dice. 6 would go on relationships, which in theory would leave 6 for one deepened location, a deepened object and one deeped Need. The more players adds potential for other Needs to be added in, which can bring them out of their universal status to something more personal.

My turn then...

I'm going to use the last 5 to deepen the Information Object to a Map with one location clearly marked. I see that as showing what me and Eve need to get to, in order to keep our dark secret safe, whatever that may be... :)

With there being unsolved murders 20 years ago, maybe it was our parents that were involved back then perhaps? With this being Halloween though I also think of Evil Dead 2, with the old man that previously summoned the Deadites and Ash and his gf coming across the old man's findings...

Anyways, Ron's turn now. :)