News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

TV Shows you like...

Started by Callie Del Noire, May 02, 2012, 01:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

For me. it's Leverage and Eureka right now.. I'm waiting on the new season of Warehouse 13 and a few other shows to resume their seasons.

Right now there.. I'm screaming at the TV everytime I watch Eureka. Cause...
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
They killed Dr. Holly Marten!!! (Felica Day). Can't poor Fargo get a break!?

Is there a character out there you are emotionally invested in?

bigwad73

I'm an older person, have been in the millitary, and am close enough to retirement to think about what I'll be doing then.  So...

I really identified with Edward James Olmos as Adama in the reimagined Battlestar Galactica.  There were times the character made bad choices for what seemed like the right reasons.  There were times he made good choices for the wrong reasons.  And sometimes things synched up and he made good choices for good reasons.  Yes, yes, Bill Adama was written to be a sympathetic character, I got that.  But still, the character pulled me in.

Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

Brandon

I watch a lot of River monsters and destination truth (my favorite show) whenever I can catch it. Sometimes Ill watch pawn stars but that has been growing less and less entertaining so I dont watch it to much anymore. I catch family guy and American dad whenever I can but besides those shows I really dont watch much at all.

I was watching Haven and warehouse 13 a lot but Ive missed quite a few episodes and need to get caught up before I watch the new ones.

I think thats it besides the news
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Shjade

White Collar
Suits
House
The Daily Show & The Colbert Report
Fairly Legal (less than the above)
The Walking Dead (though liking it less the longer it goes on :| )

Emotionally invested in any of them? Not really, though I do find House's decisions to ruin his own life frustrating at times.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Callie Del Noire

Tonight's Eureka was good, Whil Wheatons character is normally a tool but at the end when he came into Fargos office and you could see their shared loss of Holly Marten was there. He showed growth and empathy. 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
And then he played D&D with Fargo!

Remy

''Touch''..love it.

''Haven'' ..enjoy it if I happen to be in the room when it's on.

''House'' ..love it, but not as much as last season.

''Harry's law''..enjoy it.

''Castle'' ..Love it.

''Criminal Minds''..Love it.

''Warehouse 13''..totally enjoy it.

Darkpoet

Criminal Minds
Daily Show and Colbert Report
House
...and that's pretty much all the TV I watch regularly.

Oreo

I enjoyed the interaction with Fargo and Whil in Eureka too.

Invested in Walter White and Jesse Pinkman in Breaking Bad. Love that show!! I can't wait for the final season.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

TentacleFan

I have a few.

I really love Community, probably my favorite show on TV currently. So glad it just got picked up for more episodes. Funniest thing I've seen in a while.

I like Psych and Burn Notice (Bruce Campbell ftw)

I liked Chuck which is now wrapped up.

I enjoyed House up through the end of season 6. I've only watched parts of season 7 and 8 but I don't enjoy it as much as what came before. I used to watch Bones but have lost interest in it as well. Castle likewise I used to watch but have pretty much stopped lately.

Emotionally I was invested in Chuck and several of it's cast up to the finale.
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread
Puerto de Oro: World of Interracial Fantasy
A&A's Updated : 02/10/2014

Remy

A little off topic in a bit of a way, but I think considering we're talking about shows we like, it might fit.  If it goes too far off, please pm me any answers you have rather than the thread wavering too much.

When I was a kid, I was hooked on a US made family show/drama about a family that lived in a tree house in a little town. Not Swiss family Robinson no lol.  It was back in the 70's and that was the era of the show soon.  For years I thought the show was called The Appletons, but I'm not having any luck via google on that one.  If anyone is of a generation that remembers it, please let me know as I'd love to revisit it with my kids....granted it probably wouldn't be cool enough for them. :-)

bigwad73

Apple's Way?  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070967/

I remembered Ronnie Cox was in it and searched for him.  They lived in a mill, though, not a treehouse...
Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

Remy

Quote from: bigwad73 on May 13, 2012, 02:53:41 PM
Apple's Way?  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070967/

I remembered Ronnie Cox was in it and searched for him.  They lived in a mill, though, not a treehouse...

Oh my God! I think that's it!  I guess my memory played tricks with me on the tree house, but yeah, I think that's it.  Thank you so very much!!  I can't be sure how old I was, other than very young, but I remember being allowed to sit in front of the tv with my dinner to watch it.  I absolutely loved it.

Thank you very much. ;D