007: Spy Games (Interest Check) Espionage/RPG

Started by Vostroya, December 18, 2014, 12:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMysteriousLime

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: RubySlippers on December 20, 2014, 03:17:18 PM
And its the James Bond setting odd characters with funny names and concepts just work, look at Jaws for a fine example. And come on I couldn't resist seeing that pic to base my characters on them.

Gimmicky naughty girls unite!

Reia

I haven't had a chance today to create my character, but I'm going to try to get it up sometime tomorrow afternoon. I was planning on having a techie type that's really good at electronics and gadgets. Still not sure what side of have her on - maybe a more neutral character?
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Vostroya

Quote from: Reia on December 20, 2014, 10:09:36 PM
I haven't had a chance today to create my character, but I'm going to try to get it up sometime tomorrow afternoon. I was planning on having a techie type that's really good at electronics and gadgets. Still not sure what side of have her on - maybe a more neutral character?

That would be fine.

Reia

[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Vostroya

Vercile

I edited my CS a bit, nothing major as I still want to leave people relatively in the dark.

Ontan

Quote from: Reia on December 20, 2014, 10:09:36 PM

Are we still one agent short? I think it’s 6 v 5, assuming Ruby’s character(s) count as a villain (which seems fitting, as they’re unaffiliated contract assassins who owe their loyalty to the biggest pay cheque).

Just a thought of course. It's more important to make a fun character than it is to have perfectly balanced teams.

Quote from: Vostroya on December 20, 2014, 04:14:56 PM
Also added a convenient "Game Links" spoiler tag to each game thread for easy browsing back and forth between threads.

Thank you! Why don’t more GMs do that sort of thing, rather than forcing people to bookmark a hundred different links?

Quote from: Foxy Oni on December 18, 2014, 05:41:09 PM

[...] Titanya was selected to be the first subject of Projekt Delta Delta [...]

How did I miss that before? Classic.

As an aside, if anyone wants our characters to have some shared history (for example, a past rivalry with agents, a common employer, or even being the employer themselves in Venediktov’s case), say let me know.

Vercile

I wouldn't mind having previous history with a couple of characters.

RubySlippers

Actually body guards or assassins (GM's idea) the skill sets are the same so could be doing good honest guarding or killing depending on the contract.  ;D

Ontan

Frozen: It’d be easy enough to set something up between 69 and Briggs. Perhaps they crossed paths during his crime spree across Asia, or maybe she was instrumental in bringing him down when he was finally captured. Something along those lines?

Naturally, I’m happy to extend these possibilities to other agents, so don't be shy. More backstory is good!

Ruby: True! I guess I'm just used to equating anything mercenary / privatised with being evil, but having them as a wildcard could also be fun.

Foxy DeVille

I added some stuff in Titanya's bio, making her a less-than-secret agent in the Great Game. So someone's character could already know about her even if that knowledge isn't reciprocated. Also some things to make her more of the Jaws/Oddjob sort who tussle with the hero face to face instead of just shooting him in the back.

Also, maybe Briggs had a hand in some of the design of Titanya's... enhancements. And of course she may have met either of her fellow Russians at some point.

Vercile

Well all the characters are pretty awesome so it's hard to put the idea of a history passed any of them! Of course I wouldn't want to go into too much detail though having more character having a history gives more purpose for characters to interact. Say 69 Apprehended Briggs and intelligence gathered lead her to Titanya (as he made her "enhancements").

I'd love a History or an in-depth story between 69 & Moses and 69 and the Gemini Twins.

But if anyone's interested in a history or something with my character, feel free to P.M. me and I'll hit you with a concept or two.

Ontan

Quote from: Foxy Oni on December 20, 2014, 10:59:09 PM
Also, maybe Briggs had a hand in some of the design of Titanya's... enhancements.

Quote from: Frozen Star on December 20, 2014, 11:07:21 PM
Say 69 Apprehended Briggs and intelligence gathered lead her to Titanya (as he made her "enhancements").

Works for me!

The only iffy point is the bit about intel leading to Titanya - I guess that'd depend on when Briggs made the enhancements, which in turn depends on how recently Titanya herself was injured. I'll let Foxy decide on that, seeing as it affects her character more than mine.

Vostroya

I wanted to ask everyone on this.

Since the holidays are fast approaching, do we want to delay the game beginning till after Christmas, that way no one is left behind and the game does not stall?

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Ontan on December 22, 2014, 07:15:04 AM
Works for me!

The only iffy point is the bit about intel leading to Titanya - I guess that'd depend on when Briggs made the enhancements, which in turn depends on how recently Titanya herself was injured. I'll let Foxy decide on that, seeing as it affects her character more than mine.

Well, I was thinking Titanya has been working for the big bad for about a year.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Vostroya on December 22, 2014, 07:18:32 AM

Since the holidays are fast approaching, do we want to delay the game beginning till after Christmas, that way no one is left behind and the game does not stall?

That is true, might be good to wait.

Batman4560

Reia

Quote from: Vostroya on December 22, 2014, 07:18:32 AM

It'd be pretty awesome if you could do this. I haven't yet had the chance to create my character due to work and holiday stuff. I'll be good time-wise after Christmas.
[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

TheMysteriousLime

I'm fine either way, though it seems it would be better for people if we delayed until after Christmas.

Foxy DeVille

A wee delay would also give us time to hammer out existing connections.

Mystic Mika

The difference between saving the world and blowing it up is all in the toss of the dice.

Ontan

Happy boxing day, everyone!

Just a thought, but maybe we should set up a dedicated OOC thread to discuss things further?

Vostroya

Quote from: Ontan on December 26, 2014, 06:36:08 AM
Happy boxing day, everyone!

Just a thought, but maybe we should set up a dedicated OOC thread to discuss things further?

Good idea I will post one up and post a link to it here.