Seeking F for short-term Black Sails-inspired RP [ F/F - possibly F/M ]

Started by Hemingway, May 05, 2014, 03:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

Hello, and welcome.

I've been absent from E - at least E roleplay - for some time now. I have, right now, about a week in which I'll actually have time for RP. I can't commit to anything beyond that, and as my time is limited, I have to be a bit selective about the games I start. Hopefully not so selective that I won't find anyone to RP with, though.

With that said, on to what you actually came here for!

I recently started watching the show Black Sails. I've been known to RP pirates before, but it's been some time. I'd like to change that. It doesn't have to have anything to do with Black Sails - I prefer original characters all the way. I say 'Black Sails-inspired' because it's what made me want to play a pirate, and because one of the minor characters in that show gave me an idea for a character.

I speak of Blackbeard. I'll spoiler the explanation in case you mean to watch the show and don't want to miss a perfectly decent joke.

The character Blackbeard
Blackbeard - the Blackbeard seen in the first episode of Black Sails - is not a man. It's also not a woman with a beard. One of the main characters sees this, and remarks, "You're not Blackbeard!". In response, she gets up, parts her coat, and shows where the name comes from. I'm sure you can figure out the details for yourself.

I'd love to play a pirate captain based on this concept.

Or practically any other you can think of. I'd be happy to take ideas.

I have some plot ideas, but I will leave that for later. For now, if you're interested in pirates, and in RPing with me, send me a message!