CYOA/Add-Line

Started by Daoine Sidhe, June 09, 2013, 12:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daoine Sidhe

Choose Your Own Adventure
Add-Line

Details
A CYOA is an old book genre that allowed the readers to choose what actions would happen next.  The way it worked: the reader would start on page one, and read the piece of the story written there.  At the end of the page, there were two or more options for them to take.  Each option led the reader to a different page, where they could continue the story based upon the choice they made.  This would continue until they completed the story - which had dozens of different outcomes.

Being a forum, such a story is much more difficult to accomplish.  Which is why I've made this CYOA an add-line.  All that means is that whoever posts next, gets to choose which of the options to take, write what happens because of that option, and provide two or more options for the next person.  :-)

Rules
  • Don't end the story.  It'll end on page 400.
  • This is all fun and games, but don't be afraid to write something a bit more serious.
  • PG-13 only, still.
  • Provide only two or three options for next poster.
  • Use the "you" tag, instead of names or the actual word "you."
[you]

Begin

Once upon a time, in the magical land of E, there lived a person named [you].  [you] liked to sing and dance, and write erotic stories for your own entertainment.  It was a simple life, if somewhat boring.  One day, [you] was exploring a random cave (because that's what [you] did when [you] got bored.  In that cave, [you] found a strange, dirty lamp.  [you] rubbed the lamp, trying to make it nice and clean for the collection of useless crap.  All of a sudden...
-------
Option A: A genie appears from the lamp and offers [you] three wishes!
Option B: A thick cloud of dust sprays from the lamp and  blinds [you]!
Option C: Nothing at all happens!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
Entice Me (O/O) | Engage Me (RPs) | Find Me (A/A) | Play with Me (Ideas)
Actively seeking good RP partners.

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

cptBacon

A thick cloud of dust sprays from the lamp and blinds [you]. As [you] stumbles around, a too-low stalactite takes a bite out of [you]'s head. [you] falls to the ground. After a string of cursing, [you] notices a small pool of cool liquid under hand. [you] decides to...
-------
Option A: drink from the pool.
Option B: use the liquid as an eye rinse.
Option C: avoid the pool and stumble around in blindness.
A super detailed introduction to me:
O/O

My current stories:
The Art of Seduction | Grey Skies
Along for the Ride | She Let Herself Go

Daoine Sidhe

Splash!  Into the pool goes [you].  That damn stalactite sure hurt.  And that dust clings to [you]'s eyes.  [you] scoops up the water here and splash it against [you]'s eyes.  [you] blinks until the dust finally clears and [you] can see again.  "Well," [you] says, "so much for free wishes.  Now, where the hell am I?"

[you] looks around and sees a tunnel leading deeper into the cave.
---------
Option A: [you] explores the tunnel!
Option B: [you] searches for the way out of the cave!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
Entice Me (O/O) | Engage Me (RPs) | Find Me (A/A) | Play with Me (Ideas)
Actively seeking good RP partners.

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Batman4560

Batman4560 decides to explore the tunnel. "No guts no glory!" He exclaimed as he ventured down the ill lit path only to come to an abrupt edge that drops off to a deeper part of the cave. Slowly Batman4560 climbed down the cave wall until a rock broke under Batman4560's foot and batman4560 slipped. Falling and falling batman4560 thought "I might not ever hit the ground." When Batman4560 did land it was hard and butt first Batman4560 cried out in pain. The cry disturbed a group of bats that swarmed Batman4560.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Option A: Batman4560 runs deeper into the cave to escape!
Option B: Batman4560 stands and attacks the bats!