My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Hmm.  From what I've read elsewhere on the internet, it seems that King Sombra may have gotten so little development because he's going to become a recurring villain...

Arohk

I had thought he might have been planned as that, but the way that the power of the crystal heart hit him suggests that he is probably dead.

Wolfy

Quote from: Arohk on November 12, 2012, 10:18:31 AM
I had thought he might have been planned as that, but the way that the power of the crystal heart hit him suggests that he is probably dead.

People dying?

In My Little Pony?

......Are you mental? :3

Arohk

Well. In a relative sense. XD But I dunno. Didn't he kinda explode? The show doesn't talk down to it's viewers. Why can't he have died?

Kunoichi

Quote from: Arohk on November 13, 2012, 01:03:46 AM
Well. In a relative sense. XD But I dunno. Didn't he kinda explode? The show doesn't talk down to it's viewers. Why can't he have died?

The basic thought, as I understand it, is that since we didn't see where the pieces landed, they could be like that piece of his horn that got cut off by Cadence's shield.  They would go flying off all around the land, land in inconspicuous, out-of-the-way places, and quietly fester and grow.

Or something like that, anyway.  I know there was one leaked bit of character art that showed Trixie wearing an amulet that was suspiciously-familiar in coloration, so...

Arohk

Regardless, I would definitely like to see more of him. Where he is developed to his potential. :3

Kunoichi

So, half an hour until this week's episode. ^^

Arohk

I've been in the stream for quite some time. Damn waking up early. >.<

Kunoichi

I wound up having some trouble with the stream I chose, but since it was released early on iTunes, I got to watch it this morning without having to rely on the stream. ^^

So, I think we can all agree that an exponentially-growing Pinkie Pie swarm is a bad thing, right?

ulthakptah

It's like the Conservation of Ninjutsu. Pinkie Pie has the best episodes though.

Kunoichi

I don't know, I always thought that the main cast each had a pretty nice spread of good episodes centered around them.  Aside from Spike, anyway. :P

ulthakptah

Well yes, I like every episode and think they're good. The ones centered around Pinkie Pie are just my favorite.

Spoiler, like an actual spoiler
Also Spike isn't all bad. He was actually really cool in the last episode. He found the secret book and spotted the real Pinkie. Twilight didn't believe he was right though.

Kunoichi

Ah.  I find myself really liking the Twilight ones, personally.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I know.  I was more talking about the actual number of episodes where he's had the starring role.  He's had... what, Owl's Well That Ends Well and Dragon Quest?  Neither of which tend to spring to mind when one thinks about the really spectacular episodes of the show, although they're still pretty good.  It's just that Spike's awesome moments tend to mostly happen when he's a side character in somebody else's episode.

Hmm.  Although, I did just remember that episode where Spike's greed turns him into a giant monster, which was a pretty awesome episode, even if I can't remember the title...

ulthakptah

Twilight and Pinkie go good together, like in Feeling Pinkie Keen and It's About Time. They're kinda like an old comedy duo with Twilight as the straight man.

Kunoichi

That's certainly true.  Actually, Twilight generally does pretty well as the straight man (straight mare?) to most of the main cast, come to think of it, though no other pony is as wacky as Pinkie Pie.

ulthakptah

Pinkie Pie is pretty much a loony toon. Pepe La Pew should sue.

Found a relevant video:

Poney Tunes - Pinkie Le Pew

Arohk

I usually don't like the Pinkie episodes because I find her really loud and obnoxious a lot of the times. Doesn't mean I don't like her, I would just like her more if she toned it down even a little. XD

That being said, I really did like this episode. It had some great laughs and that different Gen face that Pinkie made was hilarious! I did find it too grating for me at points, but that was kinda the point of the episode. Too much FUNFUNFUNFUN is a bad thing. :P

Definitely looking forward to the next one.

And what stream did you end up watching? 0.o I always go to BronyState. Never had problems there.

Wolfy

@_@

Tosh.0 showed unblurred MLP Hentai.

Holy ****.

Kunoichi

Wait, really? Oo; Just how explicit was the material he showed?

Wolfy

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Completely explicit, yet very poorly drawn...

ulthakptah

I think I know how they got it past the censors.

Daniel: Hey can we air a clip of some turtles fucking?
Censor: Yeah sure no problem, their just animals.
Daniel: Great what about two horses?
Censor: Again it's no problem Daniel...

Kunoichi

Wolfy

Quote from: Kunoichi on November 21, 2012, 12:04:36 AM
Hmm.  Completely explicit, yet very poorly drawn...

Poorly Drawn?

It's exactly like the cartoon. xD

Skylarke

Hmm.  I did try to view that.  But on my end, looks like Youtube pulled it already?   
'Listen my child', you say to me
'I am the voice of your history
Be not afraid, come follow me
Answer my call and I'll set you free'