Are you ready for some football!?!?

Started by Caity, August 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caity

I'm sure they felt pathetic too.  :P 

King_Furby

A good weekend for me.

Chicago won, Patriots won, and titans lost.

Thats right no one can more more games in a row then my patriots. Come on there has to be another pats fan here.

Poor lions.

Oniya

Hey King_Furby - that was why I was torn about the Titans game.  I didn't want them to go undefeated, but did it have to be the JetsSteal our coach, steal our players...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

King_Furby

yea i wish the new york brets were not the team to break the titans streak. Grr it should have been the bears.

i got to go look now at who won the giants and cards game.

MagicalPen

Giants, but it wasn't pretty. But they were playing without Jacobs and Plex.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! Wish I could have seen that game. My two options weer Tampa vs Detroit or Miami vs Pats.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Bayushi

It's oddly looking like a Giants and Jets Super Bowl, at this point.

Which would be odd....

Will

Pshhh.  Favre and Manning are both known to crumple under pressure.  The chances of them both making it through the playoffs?  Slim.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

MagicalPen

Quote from: Will1984 on November 24, 2008, 07:41:26 PM
Pshhh.  Favre and Manning are both known to crumple under pressure.  The chances of them both making it through the playoffs?  Slim.

ROFL. You can't be serious?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Will

Very.  How did the Packers leave the playoffs last year?  Favre intercepted.  It's been a long time since he was a hero, man.  Manning did well last year, FOR ONCE.  Before that, nobody ever counted on him.

If you're going to tell me I'm wrong, you could at least tell me why.

- Jack Kerouac

Mellonlegolas

Quote from: Will1984 on November 24, 2008, 07:41:26 PM

Manning made it to the playoffs last year... and then proceeded to out throw Tom Brady. (who, in my opinion, is one of the best QBs playing right now)... and this year the Giants' O-line has made them the highest scoring team in the league with all of their games except for 1 with scores over 30.
My ons and offs can be found here

Will

Manning didn't do well at all last year until the last game of the regular season before he went all Superman.  I'm not buying stock in him just yet.  He beat the Patriots, yes, definitely.  He plays on offense, though, not defense, so he didn't beat Brady.  Umenyiora, Tuck, and Strahan beat Tom Brady.  Brady's own offensive line beat him, too.  This year, Manning's got three, count 'em, THREE top shelf running backs and a crazy good offensive line.  Hell, I could probably hit a slant pass with that supporting cast.  Seriously though, if anyone can screw up a setup like that, it's Eli Manning.  He already had one bad game this year when they lost to the Browns, so there's no reason to think he's golden all of a sudden.

- Jack Kerouac

Mellonlegolas

Quote from: Will1984 on November 24, 2008, 08:22:33 PM
Manning didn't do well at all last year until the last game of the regular season before he went all Superman.  I'm not buying stock in him just yet.  He beat the Patriots, yes, definitely.  He plays on offense, though, not defense, so he didn't beat Brady.  Umenyiora, Tuck, and Strahan beat Tom Brady.  Brady's own offensive line beat him, too.  This year, Manning's got three, count 'em, THREE top shelf running backs and a crazy good offensive line.  Hell, I could probably hit a slant pass with that supporting cast.  Seriously though, if anyone can screw up a setup like that, it's Eli Manning.  He already had one bad game this year when they lost to the Browns, so there's no reason to think he's golden all of a sudden.

Never said he was golden, I'm reserved on Manning and always have been but I'm also hopeful. I mean he's a young player and when he's got his head in the game, the kid can throw a ball but he's a kind of a shaky player I know. Right now the O-line is killing it with the receivers. Sunday against the Cardinals, Nixon killed me he was running the ball so well and he's still learning. And Bradshaw is sort of my hero, I know he's not the best guy personality wise but he's got great feet.

I will admit that last year Brady's line kind of let him down in the Super Bowl, I've never seen him hit the ground so many times.

Will

Heh, yeah.  Don't get me wrong, I was rooting HARD for the Giants last year!  I loathe Belichik, and I thought it was really great that the Manning brothers won their rings one after another like that.  Heartwarming stuff, what with Archie never pulling it off.  Plus, I love watching good, nasty defense!

It's a new season, though, and I'm more concerned with my team now! :P

- Jack Kerouac

Mellonlegolas

Quote from: Will1984 on November 24, 2008, 08:37:58 PM
Heh, yeah.  Don't get me wrong, I was rooting HARD for the Giants last year!  I loathe Belichik, and I thought it was really great that the Manning brothers won their rings one after another like that.  Heartwarming stuff, what with Archie never pulling it off.  Plus, I love watching good, nasty defense!

It's a new season, though, and I'm more concerned with my team now! :P

I've been rooting for the Giants since I was 2 and really knew what football was... and yes I loathe Belichik too. I do like the Patriots, Moss and Brady are an amazing team, but Belichik is a cheater. And I loved it when they zoomed up to the box and show Peyton there cheering his little bro on. It's nice to see someone else who realized what a good game that was. Just because they didn't put the highest scores of the season up... the Giants defensive line was amazing last year.

Who's your team? I know I should look back through the thread but I'm feeling lazy.

Will

Titans, baby!!!  Rough week, but the AFC's down pretty bad, and I still feel good about clinching home field.  Now if LenDale White can keep his damn mouth shut! >:( *is steaming*

- Jack Kerouac

Mellonlegolas

Quote from: Will1984 on November 24, 2008, 08:46:49 PM
Titans, baby!!!  Rough week, but the AFC's down pretty bad, and I still feel good about clinching home field.  Now if LenDale White can keep his damn mouth shut! >:( *is steaming*

Titans... normally I like them but I was kinda glad to see them beat just because didn't want to see them undefeated, sorry... though I do sort of hate that the Miami Dolphins are still the only ones with an undefeated season *pats*

P.S. In case you didn't get it, I'm a Giants fan ^.^

Will

OMG!  Don't you just hate Mercury Morris?!  "Don't call me when you're in our town, call me when you're on our block!"  *facepalm*

Honestly, I didn't want them to go undefeated either!  I've seen how that ends!  Now it's time to get it together, refocus, move on, and think about what's really important.  You don't get a ring for most regular season wins, you know?

- Jack Kerouac

Mellonlegolas

Almost as much as I hate Dan Murano *laughs*

Yeah, it ends with them getting way too cocky and losing the game that matters the most.

King_Furby

this saints and packers game is a really good one. Both teams got offense and defenses that match up hard against eachother. Both teams are 5-5 so its a fun game to watch. sadly though even if saints win they are still well behind in their devision.

Alot of exciteing offensive plays.

Caity

I'm watching the game.. It's halftime.  :P

Mellonlegolas

I'm not watching tonight's game, mainly because I don't love or hate either team... I'll read about it in the paper tomorrow though.

King_Furby

Rodgers is getting owned by the saints defense right now.

Jay

Its about time the Saints showed some pass defense.  They have been making me cry all season.  Eating them Packers up tonight though.

King_Furby