Vagabonds: New World of Darkness Game. (interest)

Started by Senti, December 03, 2010, 07:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senti

We follow the taillights out of the city
Moving in a river of red,
As the colours fade away from the dusky sunset
We roll for the darkness ahead.

Chorus:
We are old, we are young, we are in this together,
Vagabonds and children, prisoners forever
With pulses a-raging and eyes full of wonder
Kicking out behind us again .

Night-time City Beat the radio is calling
The lost and lonely in vain,
Out here we are running for the wide open spaces
The road-smell after the rain.

Chorus:
We are old, we are young, we are in this together,
Vagabonds and children, prisoners forever
With pulses a-raging and eyes full of wonder
Kicking out behind us again.

And watching as a boy alone at the quayside
The ships loading cargo in the night.
Their names all calling to faraway places
The years go past, the miles go by
And still this childhood romance will not die.

Vagabonds, New Modal Army

As it says on the tin this is a New World of Darkness game, and is an interest check.

The game is set in the late eighties / early nineties in Britain. I will now suggest that though the events that may happen in the game are in fact ‘real’ they may not completely be historically correct. Forgive me for that...though it is a ST’s prerogative.

The game is one that I intend to be a mixed game including all the supernaturals, (save Prometheans, Hunters too, (unless  we can come up with an interesting reason for hunters being here)) So I am more than happy to welcome most of you Wolves, Lings, Mages, Vamps... etc.

Now the game will revolve around a group of New Age Travellers, who live in bus’s, vans and all manner of vehicles and obviously travel within Britain, usually in the summer months to festivals and Raves and the like. However in the winter they often find somewhere to squat. It is a very tight knit community; though one that obviously understands secrets and secrecy.  Characters need not start from this background but in the end I hope they will become a part of it. As what is the saying ‘seven degrees of separation?’  Thus many events could cause a character to take up this lifestyle and I am more than happy to play this through this.

This is not foremost a sexual game however relationships can and I am sure will happen. It will be EX due to the possible violence.

This is just an interest check more information will follow if needed.

Thank you

RubySlippers

I'm in for a mortal, not a hunter but humans can be fun and not overly complicated. Unless you have to be a supernatural?

Hellion000

Sign me up. Blitzy too, as long as we're talking about a small group.

Blitzy

O_O

How are you signing me up for this without me saying it was fine? You're a brat.

Honestly, I might be interested after the new year but until then I can't take on any more games. I'm already struggling and I'm going to be even MORE sparse because I'm going to be moving back to Florida.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Senti

A mortal is absolutly fine, after all most of the folks in the world are.

Naughty Hellion!!!

Blitzy

He is naughty. I personally think he just wants a spanking.

Hellion000

Naughty? Yes. Wanting a spanking? No.

Teaser:

Seeming: Darkling/ Beast
Kith: Leechfinger/Venombite
Court: Spring

Basic Image: Jared Leto meets The Goblin King.

Elf

This has some interest for me, but I have to admit that I am not at all familiar with the "New World of Darkness" game system.
Would I need to study the system? Or would just some basic information be enough? I can and will do some research on my own.

If at all possible, I would like to use a were-tiger as my character. If not a wolf will do.

Hellion may not want a spanking, but perhaps is in need of one.

Muse

Elf, New World of Darkness has a very straightforwards and approachable core mechanic that works nicely on line.  :) 

Though I personally have a deep and abiding love for the Classic World of Darkness, the New World has a lot to recommend it, and it's system is very high on that list. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Senti

The system will not be overly important in the game, it’s more a guide for the players  and myself than anything else. I can PM you details if needs be.

I think a wolf would be more applicable in the setting, bearing in mind that if werewolves are rare... tigers are almost non existent. The Werewolves are a little different to those in the old setting but again I will PM all you need to know.

Thanks Muse :)

Elf

Thank you, Muse.

I am not familiar with either the new or the old, the differences really are not important for this. I have actually never played any of White Wolf's games. My experience with gaming systems is basically limited to AD&D 2nd edition, Champions, and Nightlife. All I would really need to know is what are the limitations on the races in question and what character information you need. I realize that tigers would far more rare then wolves, which is kind of why I want one. If there is nothing in the system covering tigers and/ or it is what you prefer a wolf is acceptable I have played and RPed with both before. Either way I will most likely be starting my character as a solitary individual, probably from the US.

Senti

Will send you a PM later today (if not tommorow).

Elf

Sounds good. looking forward to receiving your message.

Keelan

I'm interested, and the only books I have are Core, Mage, Changeling, Promethean, and Geist... so would you be cool with a Mage?  Nothing makes a WoD game complete unless one party member risks having the fabric of reality eat someone every time she casts a spell ^_^

...which means I'll be hoping for more Vamps, Mages, and Wolves to show up so I can actually do the really fun stuff >.>

This would be at base xp I assume?

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RubySlippers

Senti

A mage would be so lovely :)

Are you thinking of a ‘Vagabond?’ Or someone that happens to end up there?  Either way is fantastic.  There are ways and means to get folks together.

Ruby Slippers  she looks great  to me.

Muse if you wish to step up that would be lovely indeed.

thanks

Blitzy

*Stretches.*

I've been pushing this around in my head a bit. I do think that I would enjoy playing, when I have the time, and I'd likely make a Changeling or Werewolf. Those are my two favorite venues within the nWoD arena.

The question I have is... are you intending for everyone to know what each other is? How will you explain their co-mingling when some of the splats are pretty... antagonist to each other? It's not as bad as in oWoD, no, but there are still some rivalries and hatred there. Distrust. Is it just that they've all been brought together by circumstance and believe there's trust or...?

>_> Lots of questions, I know.

Blitzy

Oh! Also...

Is it strictly by the book? Any banned merits? Are you offering XP incentives?

Hellion000

Character sheet is finished. Now I need to work on a background.

Senti

Right well....

In the circle of the ‘Vagabonds’ it is very close knit society. There are secrets within secrets.  There is also varying matters that each person might be allowed to know. However they as a group, and have a common enemy. 

Think of this group of folks (whether NPC or PC) as family you cannot choose them but hey they are always there. For better or worse.  Bearing in mind they  except ‘most folks’ without  too many questions as long as they pull their weight and don’t bring harm.  It’s a great place to hide out... 

Those that are not a part of the group or not accepted may find a harder time to find acceptance.
There are levels of knowledge in the game that will be PMed to those that need it, as in the different factions..

Werewolf  or Ling would be good, as for XP or Start off XP  give me a super background  and all will be well for extra’s.

As for banned merits, it is dependant again on the story, and character....though a Jedi/werewolf /ling /mage hybrid might be a little too much.

My view  is  if a background can seriously justify it , that’s usually alright.

Hope that helps.

This game is based on the idea of  The enemy of my enemy is my friend, and war makes strange bedfellows.

Blitzy

*Grins.*

Alright. That is helpful, Senti. Thank you!

Crovonovin

Definitely interested in this game!  Before I set off to create a character (and for the time being, I'm thinking of a vampire), are there any specific bloodlines that you don't want to crop up?  Furthermore, will we be starting off at basic Neonate-level experience or something slightly higher than that, in terms of experience?

Senti

First, I won’t crop bloodlines if they fit with the setting; however it is worth remembering that Vampires only get to play at night. (Will allow a ‘human’ extra if needed.)

As for XP if I am given an interesting and sensible background more XP is allowed for a start off character.

The Great Triangle

Is there anybody up to playing a mage yet?   I'd be fairly interested in playing a Moros ghost hunter type who's interested in trying to keep the spirits of the world at rest and in balance, and travels with the Vagabonds in a sort of "Damage Control" capacity.   He'll likely specialize in death and spirit magic, with perhaps a bit of mind magic mixed in.   Perhaps he's loosely associated with the Guardians of the Veil, though mostly in the capacity that they have open lines of communication and occasionally ask favors of each other.

I think my main concern in designing the character would be making sure his abilities are tailored to help uphold the masquerade and keep the peace among the many different supernatural factions without becoming a threat to the rest of the vagabonds.  If there's a changeling in the group, he could be oathbound in a couple of instances not to interfere in internal politics of the group, or perhaps a one or two drink viniculum to one of the vampires.  The hypothetical character isn't the law among the group, but when they're making trouble, he'll want to know about it.  (which isn't exactly hard for a mage)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs