Help needed regarding threads

Started by Vernon, January 20, 2024, 11:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vernon

Hey people, I hope someone can help me out...

I just posted my first story thread and wanted to add another post to it. 

I don't want to post another seperate thread with another prompt/story. I only want to add a couple of posts to my existing thread with more topics, themes, characters, character dynamics and other thing's I'd be interested in. 

Here's my dilemma: I'm unsure if this would violate the bumping rules.  

Any help is highly appreciated!  

++O|O++

~~twisted stories~~

++Love, hatred, you have only to choose; they all sleep under the same roof; you can double your existence, caress with one hand and strike with the other.++

RedPhoenix

So what you are describing is a "substantive bump" because it is adding content to your thread. You can do this once a week, so if you haven't posted more than once to your thread you can always ad a second post, just wait a week before adding the third.

Alternatively you can just edit it into your existing post.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=340083.0
^ Rules are spelled out more here!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Vernon

Thank you for the explanation! 

I'll make use of the one time per week post, because I want my prompt to stand on its own. 

Thanks again! 

++O|O++

~~twisted stories~~

++Love, hatred, you have only to choose; they all sleep under the same roof; you can double your existence, caress with one hand and strike with the other.++

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Amaris

@Oniya I'm tagging her because I think when you first make a thread, you can make posts in succession since you're already at the top and you're just creating your thread. It's after you get all the info there that you would have to wait.

Another idea is that you could edit your post and just put them all in one post, but if you have a certain way you want to do it, I absolutely understand.

Vernon

Thanks for your input! 

I don't want to add too much to one post as the topics would differentiate too much, but I can give it a try.

(: 

++O|O++

~~twisted stories~~

Chasing Dreams

If you are creating your request thread, you can make more than one post to it on the same day since we know many like to add different sections to their request threads.
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Vernon

Quote from: Chasing Dreams on January 20, 2024, 03:29:17 PMIf you are creating your request thread, you can make more than one post to it on the same day since we know many like to add different sections to their request threads.
That's good to know, thank you! 

++O|O++

~~twisted stories~~