The World of Darkness (on indefinite hold)

Started by Dakkon, July 27, 2014, 04:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson

Im thinking about starting out as a mortal and maybe having her become something down the line, depending on where the story goes with her.

Dakkon

Quote from: Crimson on August 02, 2014, 11:32:38 PM
Im thinking about starting out as a mortal and maybe having her become something down the line, depending on where the story goes with her.

Okay. If you want to get a story started, then I need a full character sheet from you, especially which city you plan on being active in. It could be the same or different from on that is already proposed.

TheGlyphstone

Kinfolk in Chicago, yo. Werewolves are the super-type with the most interesting interactions vs. Purified.

Crimson

Alright, let me know what you think about this.
Will probably need to make a few changes on it.
Do we start with any exp to spend/ get free dots in academics and resources for having gone to school and having a job?
When i wrote this up i added 1 dot in academics and 2 in resources. Wasn't sure if you use those house rules or not.
Also spent an additional 26 exp in dots and assumed 7 free merit dots on creation.
Let me know what you think and if i need to change any thing. ^^
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Zahara Ishtar
Virtue: charity
Vice: pride

Attributes

Int      **
Wits      **
Resolve      **

Str      ***
Dex      ***
Stam      ***

Pre      **
Man      *
Comp      ****

Skills

Mental
Academics   *      
Investigation   ***      Eyesight
Medicine   *

Phy
Ath      **
Brawl      **      spec Grapple
Drive      *
Fire      ****      Spec Guns
Weap      *

Social
Emp      *
Intimidation   ***
Persuasion   ***

Merits
Combat mark   *****
Sworn officer   ***
Quick draw   *
Police tactics   *
Resources   **

Health       ********
Willpower   ******
Morality    *******

Size   5
Speed   11
Def   2
Arm   1/2
Int   11

Dakkon

Quote from: Crimson on August 03, 2014, 11:12:14 PM
Alright, let me know what you think about this.
Will probably need to make a few changes on it.
Do we start with any exp to spend/ get free dots in academics and resources for having gone to school and having a job?
When i wrote this up i added 1 dot in academics and 2 in resources. Wasn't sure if you use those house rules or not.
Also spent an additional 26 exp in dots and assumed 7 free merit dots on creation.
Let me know what you think and if i need to change any thing. ^^
Hmm, I can't see a sheet with this. We are using the God Machine Chronicle rules though, which means there is no way you should have spent 27 experiences on anything. You can find them free and legal here.  I'm not using those house rules either, and I specified that everyone was starting with 0 experiences.

Crimson

Quote from: FallenDabus on August 03, 2014, 11:15:40 PM
Hmm, I can't see a sheet with this. We are using the God Machine Chronicle rules though, which means there is no way you should have spent 27 experiences on anything. You can find them free and legal here.  I'm not using those house rules either, and I specified that everyone was starting with 0 experiences.
Sorry about that, my bad.
I went through and made the changes really quick.
Is this better?
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Zahara Ishtar
Virtue: charity
Vice: pride

Attributes

Int      **
Wits      **
Resolve   **

Str      ***
Dex      ***
Stam   **

Pre      **
Man      *
Comp   ****

Skills

Mental
Academics   *   
Investigation   **
Medicine      *

Phy
Ath      **
Brawl   ***
Drive   *
Fire      ****   
Weap   *

Social
Emp              *
Intimidation     ***
Persuasion      ***

Merits
Combat mark    ***
Sworn officer   *
Quick draw   *
Police tactics   *
Resources   *

Health       *******
Willpower   ******
Morality    *******

Size   5
Speed   11
Def   2
Arm   0
Int   11

Rajah

Aspiration: Collect favors from other demons. (short-term)

Five Questions: The one thing I don't like about Demon is its five questions. I understand what they wanted to do, but I feel like they could have done better here.

Who did you share a part of yourself with when you first Fell? A disgruntled secretary way too into following the lives of 30-something American actresses to convince herself it wasn't too late for her, and way too in love with Rahim, and way too eager to do whatever he told her. He ended up telling her everything, and told her to make her own choices. She left, which wasn't what he'd hoped, but it probably saved her life. Maybe. He didn't have the heart to tell her that she wasn't too OLD to make it in Hollywood; it was her accent and her skin color that'd shut doors for her there.

Who doesn't know, but suspects you're not human? Rahim's contacts aren't stupid - that's what makes them useful. His contractor friends are all the recipients of incredibly important - sometimes lifesaving - favors he's arranged, and more than a few of them have picked up on the fact that there's no way he should be able to pull the kind of strings he seems to get access to. Most think he's Working For Somebody, but there's one guy who thinks he knows better - weird way of getting what he wants without even a whiff of appropriate (or inappropriate) channels being accessed, bizarre requests for information that can't possibly be relevant to him, loves to make deals...he's starting to ask the right questions.

Who could give you up to the angels right now, if they really wanted to? Rahim hasn't always been careful with the human detritus he tends to leave behind. There was a factory explosion back in 2013...the "ecoterrorists" responsible, they never got caught, but one of them saw more than she was supposed to. She knows WHY they never got caught, she knows RAHIM as well as the sheath-identity he was using, and she knows that their benefactor doesn't give a shit about Mother Earth - he's after something from somewhere ELSE. Something like him, only...bigger. When she has really good days and manages not to think about it too often, she can sleep.

Who would you trust the truest part of yourself with if you absolutely had to? Rahim isn't really the paranoid type. He's too good at manipulating other people even when he's not reading their minds. He knows there are good people out there, people he tries not to weaponize if he can help it, people who might help him if he were honest with what he wanted, rather than making up a lie and then teaching them to worship it.

But he wouldn't burden them. If he absolutely had to, he'd trust his enemies, wearing the faces of those THEY trust and sharing secrets veiled in banality.

Who thinks they have something on you, when all they really have is smoke and mirrors? Rahim deals with Doubting Thomases, the formerly betrayed, or those infuriatingly reasonable types who see through his bullshit all the time. There's always the dissenters in the group who think they know him: a con man, a false savior, an abuser, a liar, a lech. None of them ever jump to Fallen Angel, though. Which is good...and mostly for them.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Dakkon

Crimson: I still need your four aspirations (page 150 of God Machine Chronicles) and your five questions (page 155 of God Machine Chronicles)

Rajah: Fair enough, but those will be helpful for me either way. I should have the game thread for you up soon.

Crimson

Ok, i was able to come up with this.

Questions
Worst thing she has ever done?
When she was younger she killed many people. She didn’t even know why. She was always told “those are bad people, you have to shoot them.” The worst part is knowing that she took life’s for no good reason.

Worst thing she can imagine doing
Taking someone’s life when there is no need to.

Worst thing she can imagine someone else doing
Raping her. She had seen horrible things done to young women back in the war.

Forgotten?
She has forgotten about her old life, friends and family. Is her brother still alive out there somewhere?

Most trauma?
This one is simple, that would be that near death experience she recently had.

Aspirations

protect and help those in need
Further her carrier
find new partner

Find out more about what had happened to her and her team