FOR THE EMPEROR! Dark Heresy game.

Started by Chris Brady, April 05, 2008, 05:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

Okay after twisting my own arm I've decided that I want to try running this game.

As it stands all I have is the Core book in hard copy, and all I want are 3 to 5 players, no more.  And it's first come first serve.  I'll give out more details depending on the response.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

kongming

Well, on the one hand I haven't been posting in existing games enough, but on the other hand, I graduate next week, so should start having more time.

What the heck. I'm in. Not sure of a character just yet, but I'm interested.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Chris Brady

Cool.  That's one.

First piece of detail, I'm going to be using the Calixis Sector presented in the book.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Xillen

Does this game have some kind of online explenation?

* Xillen wants to expand on his system games

EGFrost

It's based off of a similar percentile system to Warhammer Fantasy. 

Also, to Chris Brady, are you planning on using the new eratta, or no?

Either way, I'm in.
“It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.” - Abraham Lincoln

Muse

"My name is Unbreakable. 
"I have something to say. 
"For the defiling of innocence, 
"For shedding the blood of upright men and women, 
"For corrupting righteous machines,
"And blaspheming against the sacrifices of the Omnisiah,
"I swear to dedicate my life's work, my heart's blood and my last breath
"to wreaking righteous vengeance upon the Word Bringers,
"the Night Lords,
"and the Dark Apostle." 

Where do I sign up? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Lirliel

Fuck, I really shouldn't.. but Warhammer 40k..

Okay, I'll do it, one condition, I might not have time to post straight away each time, so give me 3-4 days m'kay?

As for a character, maybe a ganger or somesuch..
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Muse

Questions, boss. 

Base charecters, or experienced? 

Where do you mean for this game to fall on the erotic content meter?  Will this be a light section game save for the violence?  Or will we occaisionaly survive deadly battles only to be ravished by mutants, xenos, and chaos marines in full armor save for retractable codpiece.  (Damn!  Those guy's are BIG!) 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Xillen

Okay, managed to get my hands on the manual, but I don't have any background knowledge of the universe, which seems to be pretty static for this system.

Is that going to be a problem?

Lirliel

Dude, Wikipedia is your friend!

Just type in Warhammer 40k, then go check out the Imperium, enough fluff there to sink your teeth in and if you need anything else. Sure there are plenty of W40K nuts around here.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Xillen

Of course I can find bits and pieces left and right if I do some basic research, which I would for character generation.

I'm just checking with the ST if he prefers players that are deep into the background, or doesn't mind the players that only have scarce info.

Chris Brady

OK, that's everyone.

More Details:

There WILL be sex.  Inquisitorial Agents are people too.  And there will be violence, as this is not an entirely nice way to live.

Also, Slaanesh (One of the Chaos Gods) is very much into perversion in extreme methodology.

Everyone is experienced, as in 1400 XP (This includes the 400 everyone starts off with.)  But none of you are Throne Agents yet.

Rolls are as listed, except you have one set of rerolls that you may choose from.  In other words roll twice pick out the column which is best for you.  Also, you are allowed to assign them in any order you deem fit.

AFTER the base 1400, I use the 'Elite' Advancement scheme for skills and talents, to reflect the cross-training that will likely occur.  The only thing that isn't covered are the attribute advances, you use your profession's for those.  It's 200XP to take something that's not in your 'tree' yet, unless it's over 200 in your 'tree'.  Then it's cost +50XP.

Lastly, although you have been assigned to the Calixis Sector, the Inquisitor Nero Wolfe ( ;D ) is unavailable to help or lead, as his last mission crippled him.  You will have to report back to him, but you are on your own.

Muse

Any thoughts between an a circus girl (Acrobat) recruited as an assasin or other covert opps agent for the inquisition, or a sister of battle trying to cling to her vow of chastity?  (I think they take one, my charecter in our tabletop hasn't personaly tried to put the moves on one, nor have I been in the room when it happened, and it MAY be that my comrades only failed because they were stuid enough to ask for religion and then flirt.) 

kongming

Sisters of Battle are not required to be chaste, however some do indeed take a vow of chastity, believing that they are married to the Emperor and shall have no thoughts of any but him. For those, they either show they can resist any temptations of the flesh, or they allow themselves a little solo activity, or they look to other Sisters for their relief. That being said, plenty feel that last one does not count as chastity, as another person is involved, and plenty of Sisters do form serious relationships with each other.

And that's before we get to the wild orgies and naked pillow fights and "discipline sessions" they all have :D

...I think there was a point to this, other than thinking about Adepta Sororitas wild orgies, naked pillow fights and discipline sessions. Or maybe that was the whole point.

Anyway, I'll make up a character. Perhaps Private Jublowski will take to the field *grin*
Hmm, or a member of the clergy or something. We'll see.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Chris Brady

Muse:  The only issue I have with your assassin is that her history is of a starting acolyte! :)  You do have 1.4K experience to play with.

Kongming: I don't mind either of the one's you sent me.  Pick one.

Dingo

If there is still room I am interested.

kongming

Okay, of the ideas I sent to you, I'll go with Nihila the assassin - if she dies (and let's be honest here, as an Eversor assassin with an addiction to her own adrenalin and endorphins, that's a distinct possibility and I'm fine with that), I could always bring in Jubblowski afterwards.

Muse: this won't interfere with your acrobat-assassin. This one is more of the "up to the eyes on combat drugs, leap in, YOU ARE HUGE! YOU MUST HAVE HUGE GUTS! RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR! WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" variety.

Ons/Offs:

Barding

Heh, seems I came waaaaaay to late didn't I? I know plenty about the universe and setting but next to nothing about the Dark Heresy system.

Are Eldar allowed? If so I'd absolutely LOVE to join in.
:: O/Os ::
Updated 09/08/2021

:: Cravings ::
Updated 20/09/2021

:: Accepting new stories only in very special cases. ::

kongming

DIE, FILTHY XENOS!

Dark Heresy deals only with the correct and proper race: humans. Not even those unfortunates born as abhumans (stunties, Ogryn and ratlings) are permitted, as only the best - humans, of course - may achieve so much in the Emperor's name. It deals with working directly for an Inquisitor, and such a role has no place for the foul abominations such as the ork, the weeaboo tau and the eldar. They aren't even real people, after all!

At least, that's the tone the core rules goes by. Seriously, it doesn't present anything for abhumans or xenos, because of how rare it would be for an Inquisitor to make use of them (other than getting a truckload of them and dumping it on a battlefield, so that they can die in the place of guardsmen, allowing the guardsmen to die for the Emperor later on, against more important foes). CB might see things differently/allow a special case, though even then I imagine it'd help to have a copy of the rules.

But yeah, the DH book covers a specific kind of team. One of the later ones will apparently be more flexible, covering rogue traders and certain xenos.

Ons/Offs:

Dingo

Assassin was my first choice, but baring that I think I'll go crazy and just pick a Psyker. That is, if there is still room.

Xillen

I'm afraid Chris decided to bar it after 5, declining some people on the IRC as well.

Chris Brady

Yes, sorry guys, I hit my limit.

My players are now as follows:

Xillen

Lirliel

EGFrost

Kongming

Muse.

Thanks for the interest.

Lirliel

*Bows out* I'm sorry, but I'm actually not gonna be able to join. Time restraints and such

Muse

Aw! 

It's been so long since I got to game with Liriel. 

Chris Brady

Alrighty, seeing as I have a slot open, and Dingo got in first.

Also, can everyone post their characters here, first please?

Thank you!