Doctor Who, Lost Memories: Thrill Seeker [fireandblood & Villain]

Started by fireandblood, January 07, 2013, 07:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villain

"Atmospheric disturbance Robin," the Doctor replied before sitting up and shaking his hands free of drops of rain that soaked the palms of his hands. "The air tastes damp and clammy but the grass has been subjected to an unusual amount of moisture despite the atmospheric conditions," the Doctor said before drying his hands on his trousers. "In other words, whatever is causing the time disturbance has only begun very recently. Perhaps a few days, maybe a few weeks."

The Doctor looked around at the houses and grinned before rolling up his sleeves. He walked over to one of the houses and knocked on the door, as if greeting a neighbor, before waiting on the door steps with his arms crossed and feet tapping against the wet ground.

"We're not going to get anywhere by listening to the ground and fondling with the plant life, so we might as well talk to the locals and see what they have to say," the Doctor spoke before the door to the house opened to reveal a young woman pointing a sharp sword at the Doctors throat.

"Robin, I think I made a mistake," the Doctor spoke before taking a step back as the woman pressed the blade to his neck.

She was ginger haired and blue eyed, but had all the innocence of a saber tooth tiger. Her eyes burned with ferocity as she forced the Doctor back.

"Who are you?" She hissed at him, before turning her head to glare at Robin. "You're not here to take my father are you? Because if you are then I'll slice the head from your shoulders."

The Doctor cast Robin a look of concern. Clearly, with all the irregular happenings that had gone on in the last hour, the idea that someone was afraid of strangers taking their loved ones away was cause for concern.

"I'm not here to take anyone away," the Doctor spoke calmly. "Especially not the father of a tribe of proud viking warriors," the Doctor said before moving the point of the blade away from his neck with the tip of his finger. "Swords were a sign of status among the Norse. A warrior who wielded a sword was a force to be reckoned with."

The Doctor looked into the fierce eyes of the woman before scratching the bottom of his chin, "So why would you be so afraid of an experienced Norse warrior being taken away? Surely a fierce brute like your father would scare anyone off."

The Doctor's musings were interrupted as a howl echoed through the village. The woman cast the Doctor a look of caution before dropping her blade and closing the door in his face.

For a moment, the Doctor stared after her in confusion. But then, his head turned to the direction of the sound and a frown spread over his face as he looked on to the dark figures that were approaching the village from a distance.

"Robin, little bit of a history lesson for you," the Doctor began as he stepped away from the door and began adjusting his bolo tie and rolled up trousers. "Viking warriors had a very special set of soldiers known as Bezerkers. They were a group of fearsome fighters that donned wold skins and specialized in working themselves up into a frenzy so that they would pretty much rip their enemies apart with their bare hands when they went into combat."

The Doctor began to jog on the spot before casting a glance to the group of warriors that approached them on all fours, dressed in wolf skins and brandishing axes and clubs.

"I thought you may want to know, because there are a bunch of them approaching us right now," the Doctor said before sprinting as fast as he could across the wet ground. "Run Robin!" he yelled as he feet pushed at the damp soil.

fireandblood

Robin put her hands on her hips as she listened to the Doctor speak. It seemed like he always knew exactly what was going on... He could tell by just touching the grass that there was an atmospheric problem, caused by a time disturbance... She shook her head in awe. Then, looking down at her pants, she laughed a little before hurrying after the Doctor toward the house.

"I doubt these Vikings will react very well to my bright blue leather -" she stopped, however, as a fierce-looking girl threw open the door and brandished a sword at the Doctor. Slowly, she took a couple of steps backward, not very keen on having that long sharp object any closer to her. She shared the Doctor's confusion... The girl herself was scary enough; one could only imagine how much worse her father would be.

Robin's head whipped around as the howl echoed through the small village. Worriedly, she looked at the Doctor before hearing the slam of the door. Then he began his strange little movements, rolling up his pants and running in place. Confusion clouded her eyes for a moment, until the Doctor explained what was going on. Then, her expression became alarmed as he sprinted off without warning.

Kicking off her flip flops, she ran after him, catching up to him after a moment. She looked behind them for a second, taking in the ferocious look of the berserkers, with their wolf skins and the way they were running...

"What do we do?" she shouted at the Doctor as they ran for their lives.

Villain

"You know that running thing that you're doing?" The Doctor asked as they tore across the damp ground. The howling behind them was beginning to get louder as the warriors drew nearer. "You know how you put one leg in front of the other and push off to make yourself go forwards at an elevated pace?" The Doctor asked before turning back to the pursuing forces and gulping. "Well, keep that up!"

The two of them ran across the wet grass towards the TARDIS, the Doctor got out his keys to open the wonderful blue box as they ran, but before they could reach the machine several more warriors sprang out from behind it and began running towards them.

"Make a break for the forest!" The Doctor yelled and pointed to the trees that lay beyond the houses. "And if you feel brave, fight them off! I don't fancy taking an axe to the head! I like my head to be axe free!"

The two groups of warriors were howling and roaring as they ran at each other. Their weapons were held high and their faces contorted in rage as they prepared for the fight of their lives. They clashed at the centre of the town as Robin and the Doctor leaped into the safety of the great fern trees that outlined one half of the village.

The sounds of battle between great warriors echoed behind them, but the Doctor didn't stop running until the war cries and howls of pain were left far behind them.

fireandblood

Even though she was running in terror, she rolled her eyes at the Doctor's sarcastic comments. But continue she did, trying to push herself faster and faster through the grass and toward the bright blue box. She almost started to relax as they drew closer, and especially so when the Doctor pulled out the key and made for the door. Then, however, the warriors were running at them.

A shriek tore from Robin's throat as she followed orders, running toward the trees. Part of her mind marveled at how easily she was running in the tight pants, thinking they must be made of some more supple alien material that allowed for freer movement. Her heart was racing, and her muscles were protesting, but part of her thrilled at the excitement and she found that somehow, she was smiling.

Being with the Doctor was turning out to be very interesting.

As they reached the safety of the trees, she could feel the twigs and rocks cutting into her bare feet. But it didn't matter to her. She continued running alongside the Doctor, only stopping when he did. Bending over, she tried to catch her breath, before looking at the Doctor.

"What do we do now?" she panted, wiping sweat off her forehead.

Villain

"We wait it out," the Doctor said, panting heavily and wiping his brow of sweat. "If the warriors come after us then we'll have to hide. Hopefully they'll be more interested in killing each other rather than going on a troublesome hunt to track down to weirdly dressed people," the Doctor said before pulling out a paper fan from his pocket and fanning himself with it.

"Why I don't understand is why there is so much fighting going on," the Doctor said to Robin before turning in the direction of the armies. The sound of battle had long since faded away, but the odd clang of swords and shout of pain could still be heard on the wind. "Yes, Vikings are warrior people and they like to raid villages and slice each others limbs off with big ole axes, but this is mindless."

The Doctor stopped fanning himself and reached into his pocket for his sonic screwdriver. He began to scan the air with its bright light and whirring noise, it's light illuminating the darkness of the fern trees that dwarfed them.

"But mindless doesn't seem particularly Viking. They're honor bound people that live for the fight, it's part of their religion, you fight or you're not worthy of living," the Doctor explained before pocketing the device after a few seconds and scratching his roughly shaven chin. "So why are they just attacking each other for no reason? What are they trying to prove?"

He turned to Robin before walking towards her and grabbing her by the shoulders. "Come on Robin, its time for you to show me just how incredible you are. A group of Vikings attack each other seemingly at random. In Norse mythology the Viking's believe that if they fall in battle they go to a place called Valhalla, a warriors paradise. If they're trying to rip each other apart at random, what does that tell you?"

fireandblood

Robin missed the first part of the Doctor's speech. The beeping sound was reverberating through her head, making it impossible for her to hear anything else. For a second, she closed her eyes, and heard something else. Her fingers wandered up to her locket, fiddling with the pendant, itching to open it. Whispers weaved in through the beeping sound.

Not yet... Not ready... Soon, it faded, replaced only with the beeping. But that faded too, and she opened her eyes, listening to the Doctor again. His questions echoed through her mind, making her head hurt. And when he grabbed her by the shoulders, it only made it worse. Everything rushed in at once: his intense questioning, his fragmented memories, the beeping - that incessant beeping...

She tried to focus, but found her vision fading in and out. For a split second, she sagged as though she was going to faint, but she clung to consciousness with all of her might. Her sight swam slowly back into sharpness, and she looked at the Doctor with fright.

"Um," she said, trying to shake the feeling of dread away, "I don't know... They want to get to Valhalla? They're scared of something here and want to get to the afterlife? I don't know, Doctor, and something is seriously wrong with me."

Villain

"Those are two very possible suggestions," the Doctor said as he held on to Robin. The fascination had disappeared from his eyes, now all that remained inside of them was worry, but he continued his explanation without pause. "The Vikings believed in a hierarchy of Norse Gods and heroes. They considered themselves to be constantly watched by the one eyed god Odin and whenever they went onto the battle field they aimed to do him proud so that they might win his favor and be deemed worthy of entering Valhalla. So perhaps the warriors have got it into their heads that there is some sort of deadline they have to reach."

"Sounds silly to me. There's no glory in battle. It's just murder for the sake of murder," the Doctor spoke before letting go of Robin's shoulders and frowning. "But never mind that right now. What do you hear inside your head Robin?" The Doctor asked before raising his hands to her temple and lightly pressing his fingers to the sides of her head. "Why do you keep staring into space every now and then? What's going on inside your head that keeps on making you space out without you realising it?"

fireandblood

Robin waited a moment before answering the Doctor. It took a moment, but she got her feet under her, got her breathing under control, and even found it in her to smile at the Doctor. Shaking her head, she pushed her hair out of her face and swallowed.

"I'm okay," she said, trying to push the Doctor's fingers off of her head. "Really, I'm fine. I just keep hearing this weird beeping noise. It's distracting, is all. It makes it hard to focus. Sometimes I see a face, and sometimes hear a whispering voice, but really it's the beeping that's so annoying. But really... It's annoying. Nothing else. And then of course I get some of your memories sometimes. Now I know better than to try and tell you about them anymore."

She clapped him amiably on the shoulder, taking a step back.

"So about these Vikings," she said, smiling. "They have a deadline. Why? Alien interference? The time disturbance? Or something more sinister?"

Villain

The Doctor watched Robin with a mixture of curiosity and concern. The idea that she heard beeping inside of her head was alarming. The last time he had met someone that had noise running constantly through his head...

He shook his head of the thought. This wasn't him, this was Robin. Nice, strange, wonderful, human Robin. It was probably just some interference she was getting from the time disturbance. Possibly it was making her head hear more than it was supposed to. At least...that was what he hoped.

"Possibly all three," the Doctor said before scratching his chin again. "Hopefully it's something manageable and unrelated to Gods and spirits of the dead. I had to deal with something like that before and I almost blew Egypt off the face of the Earth," the Doctor said before suddenly stretching his arms and legs.

"Now Robin, in order to get our answers, we're going to need to ask someone who knows whats going on. Now stay with me here, because what I say next is going to sound a little crazy but..." the Doctor's voice trailed before he stretched his body with a groan and grinned at Robin. "How about we go ask that charming woman with the sword about why she thought we were here to take her Dad. It'll require us going back to that mob of rampaging warriors, but I'm sure it will all work out."

fireandblood

She saw the look he gave her. It alarmed her, and she wondered if she was really okay... Another image flashed through her head, drawn from the Doctor's memories... A man, his head thrown back in crazed laughter. And a drum beat. Robin shook her head again, focusing her attention on the Doctor. Her eyes widened at his suggestion of running back into the battle.

"Are you insane?" she asked, her voice a little higher than normal. "No, don't answer that, I already know you are. How can you say 'it will all work out'? They're crazed warriors, wearing wolf skins, ready to rip anything that moves to shreds with their bare hands. And even if we do get through them, you think that girl will let us live twice? I don't think your sonic screwdriver is much of a match for a longsword."

Villain

"Of course not. It's a screwdriver, not a long sword. It's no match for a blade of steel forged by experts in battle. A sword can cut off our heads in one chop. A screwdriver can't even given them a paper cut," the Doctor said, before holding up his hand to stop her for interrupting. "But, in a contest of putting up cabinets and shelves, the screwdriver wins every time. So in a way, the screwdriver is much more powerful than the sword."

The Doctor pulled out his sonic screwdriver again and fiddled with a few settings before holding it out in front of him, as if he were fencing with the strange tool, and shaking out his legs from under him.

"Don't worry Robin. We'll be fine, because we have something the Vikings don't. Brains and wit," he said before flashing Robin that cheeky mischievous grin that oozed with confidence. "If the Vikings catch us, then we'll think up a plan and get ourselves out of the mess before they can let out a strangled growl. And if they still catch us....well, I guess we'll be able to use our wit and laugh about it."

fireandblood

Robin shook her head in disbelief. Brains and wit. Right. Because brains and wit would defend them so well against men who were, at the current moment, killing each other without hesitation.

"Doctor, of all of your plans, I think this is the worst," she said, crossing her arms over her chest. But then she thought for a moment, of the times he had saved them, and of his amazing intellect. Then, she sighed, looking up at him again. "But I trust you. You haven't let me down yet, and I trust that you won't now. So lead the way, Doctor." Thinking again, she laughed.

"Besides, with my ugly face, they might think I'm one of them anyway. Battle scars and all. Maybe they'll connect with me."

Villain

"That's the spirit, although you're far from ugly. Maybe they'll think you're Freya, the Goddess of love and will start hitting on you," the Doctor said before chuckling. "Seeing a Viking try and flirt with you, now that would be something. I've heard that a popular line amongst young Vikings is, Are you a Valkyrie? Because I think I'm in Valhalla."

The Doctor laughed lamely at his own joke before leading Robin through the forest. His golden eyes scanned the trees while his screwdriver whirred methodically as he waved it in the air in front of him. Even thought he had been all jokes and chuckles about returning to the village, it was clear that coming out alive was still a top priority.

Remarkably, the path remained clear and soon the village came into view. The battle had ceased and the area was clear of angry battle hardened warriors....or so it seemed.

"Oh no..." the Doctor breathed as they stepped into the clearing. Bodies littered the ground. Dozens of them, all warriors, clad in battle armor and wielding weapons that would no longer be of any use. The Doctor let out a sigh and closed his eyes in frustration. "Senseless violence, Robin. This is what is leads to in the end," he muttered before gesturing to the bodies. "In the end after proving honor and fighting for glory, it will all amount to this, a lot of dead people."

The Doctor sighed again before he looked over the bodies with disdain. But then something seemed to click and the Doctor's brow peeked in curiosity as he gazed at the corpses. "A lot of dead people...goodness there's a lot of them. Have you noticed that Robin?" The Doctor asked before rushing over to the crowd of corpses and rapidly counting them. "Eleven corpses! Eleven dead bodies! That's bizarre!"

fireandblood

Though she rolled her eyes again, Robin had to laugh along with the Doctor. He knew how to make her feel better, and she was thankful for it. He was a rotten liar, though. Sighing, she followed him through the forest, and her hand flew to her mouth at the scene of slaughter out in the field. Blood and weapons were scattered everywhere, and the Vikings' eyes were open and unseeing.

She agreed with everything he was saying. It was senseless, violent, and horrible. It seemed hard to imagine, that people could live like this and not want to change it. But when he began to exclaim about the number of bodies, she was puzzled.

"What does that mean?" she asked, her hands on her hips. "Why is eleven bizarre?"

Villain

"Because I counted twelve warriors when they were chasing us," the Doctor replied whilst checking over the bodies. Scanning them now and again. "This is incredible. All of them are dead, but most of them have died without suffering any wounds capable of being caused by an axe, a sword, a spear or an arrow. They were killed some other way."

The Doctor's eyes rose and fell on the doorway of the house that belonged to the red haired woman from earlier. The door was opened just a little and two blue eyes were peering out from the darkness, staring at him with fear. The moment their gaze met the door slammed shut with a heavy clunk.

"Hold on a second!" The Doctor yelled before racing across the ground and banging on the door. "Miss, I need to talk to you! You saw everything that happened here. I need to know what you've seen."

"Go away!" The woman's fierce voice roared through the door. "I didn't see anything! Now be off with you! Those men are dead and the worthy have been taken to Valhalla! That's all there is to it!"

"Why did you say it like that?" The Doctor asked curiously, his eyes staring at the door with such intensity that it was almost as if he was staring straight through it. "All these warriors have died in battle. Why wouldn't they be taken to Valhalla?"

"I said leave!" The woman roared again before the door opened and the blade of her sword came flying out from the dark to pierce through the Doctor.

The Doctor's kookiness would have made anyone think that he would yelp and stumble at the sight of the blade as it thrust towards him. But rather than flinch back as the weapon sliced at him, the Doctor intercepted it and whacked it out of the palm of the woman's hand before kicking it away. He grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her out of the doorway.

The woman was stunned by the display, she still stared at her hands as if wondering how the sword had managed to fly out of her grasp.

"Miss I'm the Doctor, please tell me what you know. I can help you," the Doctor said firmly, his golden eyes burning as they narrowed on the woman. After a moment of consideration, the woman nodded and stepped back into her house, gesturing for them to follow as she made her way in.

The Doctor turned to Robin and smiled at her before dusting his hands on his trousers. He was silent as he waited for the woman to be out of ear shot, but when the coast was clear he dashed over to Robin and shook her by the shoulder, practically bouncing with excitement as he said; "Tell me you saw that? Tell me you saw me knock the sword out of her hand! I can't believe I did that! I thought I was going to loose my hand....again!

fireandblood

Robin sighed as the Doctor shot off again, and stood still for a moment before walking after him. But as the woman opened the door again, she started to run, wanting to hear the conversation. She stopped a few feet back, still wary of the woman's steel, but she could hear what they were saying. Once again, though, her hand came up to cover her mouth as the woman thrust the sword out at the Doctor.

He, however, somehow batted the sword away like it was a feather, and pulled it out of the woman's grasp. Robin froze in shock, wondering how he had managed to do it. When he ran over to her, she managed to make her expression more neutral, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of seeing her impressed face.

"I saw nothing," she said simply, marching past him and into the house, keeping her eyes peeled for any other weapons being flung her way.

Villain

"You liar!" The Doctor cried, his shoulders slumping before he gloomily made his way into the house. All whilst mumbling things under his breath, such as, 'She just doesn't want to admit that I'm brilliant.' or 'She should have seen me when I fought the Sycorax in my pajamas'.

The house was not particularly big and was by no means a comfortable place to live. The furniture was minimal and the air tasted of damp, rot and sweat. There were no separate rooms to the house, just one big space that seemed to encompass the kitchen and master bedroom. Lining the walls were large sheets of stretched leather and furs and sitting in the centre of the room was a large table, littered with weapons and tools.

Crouched over the weapons was an old man with long mucky hair and a shaggy beard. His face, arms and hands were covered with scars of all different shapes and his leg seemed to jut out at a bad angle, but the man didn't look fearful as they approached. In fact, he looked as fierce as the red haired woman, if not more so. His eyes were aged, but yet the fire had not been lost from them. This man was still a warrior, even in his old crippled state.

"Astrid, who are these people?" The old man asked with a grunt. "Have they finally come to take me away?"

"No father, I think they are different," the red haired woman replied before gesturing for the Doctor and Robin to sit at the table. "They are new to the area, they have no idea of what is happening to our land."

"Then they've been living under a rock," the old man spat before turning back to his tools where he began running a flint over the surface of a long blade. "You two best start getting ready for battle. The Gods are eager to take souls to Valhalla. No doubt warriors will be flooding this village soon enough to prove their worth and be taken to the realm of warriors."

"Why do you say it like that?" The Doctor asked again as he took a seat opposite the old man. "You make it sound as if those who die don't go to the realm of the dead. You make it sound as if only the victorious get that honor."

"It's the truth," the man replied with a snarl. "Only the strongest are chosen. That is what the great ones have declared. That is why the fighting has grown so fierce over the last few weeks. Only the strongest can be taken to Valhalla."

The Doctor cast Robin a look of concern. The words were obviously troubling him. Talk of Gods and magical realms was not very scientific. It went against almost everything the Doctor had ever learned in his long life....as far as he knew anyway.

fireandblood

Robin looked on through the conversation, trying her hardest not to breath. The air was rank, and there was no breeze to freshen the room. She wished she had some Febreze or Lysol or anything. Her brow furrowed, however, at the old warrior's words. He seemed dejected, or scared, or both. It seemed a strange state of mind for a tough old warrior.

"Who do you think is coming to take you away?" she asked the man. "And what does it look like when the strong warriors are taken to Valhalla?" She sat beside the Doctor, wordlessly placing her hand against his. For some reason, this place and this conversation held a serious sense of foreboding, or almost dread. It was strange, but it felt like something very bad was on the horizon.

Villain

"The servants of the Gods. The ones who will take us on our final journey," the old man replied before examining his sword. "I cannot wait another moment. It will be good to fight in the realm of Valhalla rather than die of sickness and fall to the cold of Helheim."

"Father, don't say such things!" Astrid spoke with alarm, before placing a large bowl of nuts and fruit in front of them.

"I don't fear death Astrid. It is my honor to be taken up to Valhalla. Even if it isn't by beautiful warrior women riding winged horses," the man spat before picking up a steel axe and examining the blade.

"If you're so eager to go, then why didn't you run outside and join in the fighting?" The Doctor asked, stealing a few berries and popping them into his mouth. "Don't you want to fight and prove yourself?"

"I already have," the man replied before pointing behind him. "I am an experienced warrior, just like old Dustin who was taken by the Gods the other day. He fought by my side in countless battles. If he's made it into Valhalla then its obvious that I will be taken as well."

"But yet you have doubt," the Doctor spoke casually whilst munching on the fruit. The man glared at him viciously, but the Doctor continued on regardless. "These creatures that take the warriors you know are different from what you have been led to believe. They scare you, even if you don't want to admit it."

"That's why your daughter guards the door. She fears you'll be taken and not for the reasons that you hope for," the Doctor spoke, casting a glance at Astrid. "So tell me...what do they look like?"

"They are the servants of the Gods," the man replied simply, his eyes falling to his weapons.

"So you keep saying, but you haven't answered the question. You avoided it the moment Robin brought it up," the Doctor spoke whilst staring down the old warrior. "What do they look like?"

"You'll see them soon enough young man," the old man spoke, raising his axe and examining it in the dim light. "They always come again after a battle has been waged."

As if one Que a sudden humming sound filled the air and the house began to rattle. Bright light shone through the cracks in the door and sparks began to crackle in the air around them.

The Doctor jumped to his feet in alarm and pulled out his sonic screwdriver. The light of the device shone through the shadows of the house as he spun on the spot to scan over the ensuing chaos.

"What is going on!? What is going on?!" The Doctor yelled over the noise, actual fear beginning to surface in his old eyes.

"They have come for me," the old man spoke before getting to his feet and making his way towards the door. "Goodbye young ones. Take care Astrid."

"No Father, don't go with them!" Astrid called after him, getting to her feet as she watched him approach the door. A helpless and fearful look on her face.

"This is impossible..." the Doctor whispered as he thrashed the screwdriver through the air. "These readings are impossible! I haven't seen this type of atmospheric and time disturbance in ages. Nothing I've encountered should be able to do this! It shouldn't be possible!" He yelled before turning to the door and leaping at the old man as his hand rested on the handle.

"You can't go out there!" The Doctor yelled as he grabbed the man's shoulders, who immediately buried his elbow into the Doctor's stomach and sent him flying back into the table.

"Watch me Doctor! I will not be denied my glory!" He roared. The light from outside had died down a little and the room had stopped shaking, but the sound of that eerie hum was still present. In fact it had multiplied and become even clearer than before.

fireandblood

Robin listened to the two men speak, her eyes darting back and forth between them. The man was making no sense... And neither was the Doctor. She sighed, picking up a nut and popping it into her mouth. It was natural, a little sweet, and delicious. She grabbed a couple more and ate them quickly... And then she realized how long it had been since she'd eaten a proper meal.

Ravenous, she picked up some fruit and ate it too, listening intently to the conversation. It just didn't fit. It didn't work with the way the Vikings thought. Then, the loud humming began, and the house started shaking. Scared, she hopped up when the Doctor did, dropping her fruit to the floor. There was something sinister in that sound. It filled her with dread.

The Doctor even seemed frightened, and that made everything worse. If he didn't understand what was going on, it meant they were doomed. She cried out when the rattling stopped and the humming grew in intensity. It made that strange beep grow even worse in her mind. She clapped her hands to the sides of her head, trying to shut it out.

"Doctor!" she yelled as he was flung backwards. Running to him, she helped pull him up, tears streaming from her eyes. "What is happening?"

Villain

"I don't know-" the Doctor began, but then he clutched his head and winced as a sudden burst of gold fire began to grow from his temple. "Or maybe I do know," the Doctor groaned and hammered his fists against the side of his head as the fire began to spread. "No, not now. I can't do this now. I need to be focused!" He roared, just managing to open his eyes enough to see the old man walk to the door and open it wide.

"NO DON'T GO OUT THERE!" The Doctor yelled with dismay before pointing to him and shouting, "Astrid! Stop him!"

The woman needed no further encouragement. She grabbed a sword from the table and raced across the room, just managing to catch up with her father and place herself between him and whatever lurked outside the simple brick house.

The old man roared in protest, but did not attempt to harm his daughter as he had the Doctor. "Get out of my way Astrid! You are disgracing me!"

"No father, these beings are not servants of our gods. I felt it the moment I laid eyes on them!" Astrid cried, her blue eyes narrowed in a viscous scowl as she stared out of the doorway, brandishing her sword. "They are not of our world and they will not take you!"

More memories were flooding into the Doctor's head. Things were beginning to make sense as new knowledge settled in place, but the Doctor felt no better about it. He still couldn't make sense of what was happening, but yet he knew in his heart that he would soon and it would be terrible the moment he realised what was going on.

"Out of my way daughter!" The old man roared again and took a step forward to move her out the way, but before he could even lay a hand on her, Astrid turned on her heel and kicked him in the chest, sending him sprawling back to the ground. "You will not take him you beasts! He is my father and I will not have him taken from me!"

The beasts reply to her heroic plight was simple, cold and ruthless.

"EXTERMINATE"

The Doctor's face fell as the word rang through the room. There was a scream and a flash of light before Astrid's body lit up, her entire skeleton flashing neon green as all the life was extinguished from her body in one agonizing blast. She fell to the ground with a thud, her eyes rolled back in her head and her body limp and lifeless.

"No..." the Doctor whispered as he stared out at the creature that stood in the door way. A large blue metal machine, covered in silver spheres, with a plunger and a cannon for arms, and a large metal scope for an eye. It hummed as it floated into the room and observed the three of them with it's single eye, as if judging which one of them to kill next.

"No, no, no, NO! NO! NO! NO!" The Doctor yelled clutching his head between his hands as the gold fire burned his brain and brought back every foul memory of the creature before him; The Dalek, the killer of all, the great enemy of every living thing.

"WHY!?" The Doctor roared at it, getting to his feet and stumbling towards the turret like creature with a look of absolute hatred on his face. The look on his face was full of more rage than Robin would have ever seen on the Doctor's face. The Wire, the Slitheen, Greme Skindrad, none of them had inspired so much despair and hatred as the creature that stood before them. "WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST BE A BAD MEMORY? WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE REAL?!"

ooc: Good god I've wanted to write this post for so long :D

fireandblood

Robin felt helpless, with her hands clutched against her chest, fingers laced together. Seeing the Doctor like this was not good, and as the gold fire reached around his head again, she cried out with the pain that lanced through her own mind. Memories of some strange creature surfaced, and the memory became reality as the creature entered the room.

"EXTERMINATE." It was a simple word, but the shrieking voice in which it was said was terrifying. That voice was full of malice, hatred, and utter disdain. Robin screamed as the thing shot Astrid, lighting up her skeleton and killing her instantly. Shrinking back into the Doctor, she shook in fear, Not knowing at all what to do.

The thing was strange, covered in a metal armor of some sort with large silver things running up and down its sides. It was a bright blue, which seemed strangely decorative for something so obviously designed to kill. With its various attachments and utterly hateful voice, it seemed to be a machine of war, created to destroy everything in its path.

Nervously, Robin slid her hand into the Doctor's as the thing seemed to look at them, as if trying to decide who was its next victim. Suddenly, the Doctor wrenched his hand out of hers and ran toward the thing, screaming. With a wince, Robin retreated a few more steps, tears pouring down her cheeks.

ooc: Ah! I am so very glad you did :D This is exciting!

Villain

The Dalek watched the Doctor with its scope like eye. It's body let out an electrical hiss as it's mechanical limbs repeatedly adjusted. It's gun pointed straight at the Doctor's chest. The creature and the Doctor stared each other down, making no move to attack or even speak, instead they simply glared at each other, as if sizing their opponent up.

"W-What have you done?" The old man spoke, his voice wavering as he crouched next the body of his deceased daughter and took her head in his hands. He stared into her lifeless eyes with disbelief before turning to the Dalek with a look of incomprehension on his face. "Why did you do that? She wasn't a threat to you, I was going to come willingly!"

The Dalek's scope dipped to the regard the man for a moment before barking out it's words with a grainy crackling voice, "She was not necessary!"

"W-What?" The old man whispered with disbelief. "She was my daughter! She was just a confused little girl that didn't want to say goodbye to her-"

"SILENCE! She was worthless to the Dalek's and thus was considered an enemy," the Dalek spat from it's mechanical mouth before turning back to the Doctor. "All enemies of the Dalek's must be EXTERMINATED!"

"Yeah, yeah. I've heard it all before," the Doctor growled, his eyes narrowed on the scope. He took a step forward and stared into the glowing eye of the scope, as if to get a better look at the mind of the mechanical creature that stood before him. "Was it too much to ask?" He whispered as he gazed at the Dalek. "Was it really too much to ask, for you to be just a bad memory? That recurring nightmare of days long gone?"

The Doctor let out a heavy sigh before running his hands through his hair, wiping his face with his palms with one long aggravated motion, "Why do you have to keep existing? Why is it that I must give up so much to beat you and yet you keep on rising? Keep on managing to come back and claim more lives. For your pointless cause."

"The Dalek's must reign SUPREME!"

"OH SHUT UP!" The Doctor screamed into its face. "You're cause is so unbelievably pointless! Why can't your evil race just have a little perspective? Why can't you try to try and understand that your cause is the universal equivalent to cancer! Destroying everything even though it will all ultimately lead the destruction of yourself!"

"Dalek's cannot be defeated. The Dalek race will never be destroyed" the Dalek snarled back at the Doctor. It's voice sounded enraged, as if the idea that they could be somehow destroyed was unfathomable and thus the worst insult to whatever pride it possessed. "You are the Doctor!"

"Yes I am," the Doctor replied with a nod. "And if you had any common sense you would run away right now. You know what I can do. Whatever plan you have cooking I will stop it. It's inevitable," the Doctor said before stepping forwards and squaring up to the Dalek. His eyes burned with golden fire as he looked deep into the creatures eyes, but his expression had lost some of its anger. He had to be calm when he spoke his next sentence.

"This a friendly warning," the Doctor said softly. "I am giving you one chance. Leave this planet and stop whatever you are doing. Give back the people you have taken," he whispered before gritting his teeth at the creature. "Or I will destroy you all."

fireandblood

Daleks. She had heard the name, floating around in the Doctor's scattered memories. A name that radiated fear and loathing, just like the Dalek did itself. Robin was standing at the back of the small house, her whole body shaking in fright. She didn't know what to do, and there was no way that she could help. It was obvious that these things were hated by the Doctor... He wasn't even trying to help them.

He was warning them.

A thrill ran down her spine as he spoke. Here it was again - the surfacing of the oncoming storm. Though he was unarmed, and though he was dressed eccentrically, he was full of rage and ice and calculating genius. Where the Dalek was a terrifying blend of militant, brute force, the Doctor was far more sinister. Entire worlds had fallen before these metal coated beings... And yet, their race was fearful of the Doctor.

Robin found herself suddenly very glad that she was  on his side.

Villain

The Dalek stood still as it regarded the Doctor's threat. It's eye adjusted, looking from the Doctor to Robin, as if considering whether they were truly a force to be reckoned with. Then, after a moments consideration, it spoke to them in its crackly monotone voice. "Request, DENIED! The Doctor will be EXTERMINATED!"

"Then consider negotiations over," the Doctor spat before throwing an object to the ground that he had taken from his anorak pocket. Purple mist exploded around them the moment it hit the floor. The Dalek let out a strangled growl of frustration as sparks began to course the length of its telescopic eye. It's tank like body began to twirl on the spot, obviously blinded by the strange blue mist.

"Pocket Nebula Storm. It'll disrupt its vision, but only for a few seconds," the Doctor spoke into Robin's ear after crossing the room towards her in two big steps. In his free hand he held up another object that seemed to resemble a futuristic power drill with a solid glass spike instead of a metal point. He pointed it at the wall of the house and pushed down on the trigger, causing a bright flash of twisting blue light to explode from the end of it and swirl against the wall. The bricks behind it instantly vanishing, leaving a clean hole that led to the outside.

"We have to get to the TARDIS. Don't stop for anything, don't look back, just run!" The Doctor spoke to Robin, before patting her on the shoulder and forcing her through the hole in the wall.

"Old man, are you coming?" The Doctor called over his shoulder, but the warrior didn't hear him. He was far too busy with retrieving a steel sword and flinging himself at the Dalek. He let out a war cry before swinging the blade horizontally, expecting the steel to clang against the aliens outer shell, but instead the blade melted away in his hands the moment it got within a centimeter of the Dalek's body.

The old man screamed as the melted blade scorched his hand, before letting out a higher pitched scream as the Dalek's plunger arm slammed into his shoulder and began to suck at the muscles of his arm, crushing the bones beneath his skin.

The Doctor couldn't help him. The poor warrior was at the mercy of the Dalek, the metal being he had mistook for an agent of higher power. The Doctor was sure that if the Dalek could feel joy, it would be pleased to know that the man had viewed it so highly.

The outside of the house was no better than the inside. The Dalek hadn't been alone, several more of the turret like beings hovered in the air above, firing bright beams of deadly light at the houses and the people who risked trying to flee in terror. When they saw the Doctor, they turned and immediately began firing at him and Robin, all the while yelling the same hate filled word at him.

"EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!"