Classic Werewolf: Return of The Wolf OOC

Started by Galactic Druid, April 03, 2015, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

This village really hates the concept of law enforcement...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Remiel

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on May 12, 2015, 06:16:13 AM

honestly.  How many Sheriffs have they lynched now?

KatKwik

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

LunaLilith22

Quote from: Blythe on May 11, 2015, 09:45:05 PM
*brings pizza for all!*

Is it a sign that you've been awake for too long when you see a pizza do
this.

Quote from: Remiel on May 12, 2015, 06:41:28 AM
honestly.  How many Sheriffs have they lynched now?
So far 2 out of the 2 past sheriffs have been lynched and the new one might make it 3 for 3

Galactic Druid

If no one else votes before the deadline, we'll have our third dead sheriff...

Madame Professor

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on May 12, 2015, 06:16:13 AM

This village likes it anarchy!

The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

AffablyEvil

Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

KatKwik

I know I'm heading to the block but BAMF is ahead isn't she? *looks for a place to hide*

Galactic Druid

You're totes safe for the moment, Kat!

BAMF

*puts down a card on the couch that says: This spot reserved for BAMF*
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Silver

This game has been about killing sheriffs and bandwagons.. this time around. *shrugs*
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

KatKwik

Leaves scary cupcakes to appease the masses

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

LunaLilith22

Those cupcakes look so awesome, I wonder what the "glass" is made out of. Probably plastic now that I think about it.

Galactic Druid

Nope, you can tell from the color, it's sugar, boiled to the candy point, and spread out. Sugar glass! As edible as it is pointy!

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Silver on May 12, 2015, 01:43:06 PM
This game has been about killing sheriffs and bandwagons.. this time around. *shrugs*

It really has. Next game I'm going to add a few reminders in the setup about not jumping on players because they're vocal or vote early...

LunaLilith22

In their defense, with only two of the special roles coming out during the day, one of which didn't give any information about who is friend or foe, and the other giving away one baddie but then both she and him died right away... There is really nothing to go on besides nitpicks of what someone says and who they have voted for.

persephone325

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on May 12, 2015, 01:52:33 PM
It really has. Next game I'm going to add a few reminders in the setup about not jumping on players because they're vocal or vote early...

That's one of the reasons I was afraid to vote early because that's what seemed to be happening. Especially in the case of MP and then with Yugi.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

KatKwik

I have been going off whatever information I've been given, this new day has been a bit difficult so I've hypothesised and hoped for the best. I'm wondering if we could have a bit more information or possibly play off a shorter time frame?

Yes it is sugar glass. The most awesome thing to play with in stage productions.

Verasaille

There really are no clues, as far as I can tell, none of the special villagers has done anything to help. At least none offered when I was there, no way to tell now if any are left.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Remiel

Well, it's not this village's fault.   It's kind of built into these Mafia games.  As LunaLilith pointed out, when people have no information, pretty much anything becomes a reason to lynch someone.   Personally, when I have absolutely no clue whom to vote for, I tend to roll a die.

But yeah, I'm thinking we might need some sort of rule protecting the first person to vote, so everyone doesn't keep quiet for fear of attracting attention...

Galactic Druid

Naw, the village has been unusually quiet this game, and very quick to kill off the ones that do speak up. MP is the perfect example, she may have died fast and young, but she sure accomplished a lot for the village in the time she was alive.

I think a few people are too scared of the possibility of death. It pays to remember as a villager, if your team wins, you win, and looking at the big picture, it's better to get yourself killed off than a special.

I've been milling over that rule we talked about before, Remi, and I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to do it. My first instinct was to say the first person to vote has one or two less votes against them counted, but when you get down to 5, 4, and especially 3 players, even that one vote makes all the difference, and it would be all to easy to trick the system instead of the players...

Remiel

I would probably institute a rule that says the first person to nominate someone to lynch is immune from lynching themselves, BUT each person can only rely on this immunity once per game. 

Or something like that.  Just brainstorming ideas...

Remiel

And yeah, MadameProfessor was extremely helpful.

Especially for us vampires...  ;D

KatKwik

Well if it's any consolation I usually read through what others have written and ask questions based on that. I hypothesise from there. Example being. I guessed Remy was a vamp because of the way he described himself, hence me voting for him. That and Remy is always suspect...*blows him a kiss*

Is it possible for parties,  later in the game to fill out a post with a hint or two? Or out right lie? *grins* That's cool too!

Remiel

Quote from: KatKwik on May 12, 2015, 02:48:07 PM
Is it possible for parties,  later in the game to fill out a post with a hint or two? Or out right lie? *grins* That's cool too!

You mean the GM?  The GM is supposed to be completely impartial.   It's up to the players to put two and two together and figure out whodunnit. 

And you can, too, if you've been paying attention...