Hogwarts: The Calm

Started by Lancis, August 13, 2006, 03:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancis

Lord Voldemort is Dead?

Harry is still a kid!

This version of Hogwarts storytelling will take place during the years before Harry came to Hogwarts... just wanted to gauge interest in a resurrection of a Hogwarts game. :)

There are no dice... its all about the stories!

To start a healthy game I believe that at least 10 players will be needed. :)
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

LordAnubis

I'm in for the game.

Not going to have my main guy be a teacher this time but I'm in.

StockingsLover

Would be interested as well, think I would prefer pupil, willing to play female if necessary (seems to be too many males availible for play)
StockingsLover

<A href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=6739.0" TARGET="_blank">On/Offs</A>

MadPanda

Yes!  HE'S ALIVE!  (ahem)
Welcome back, Lancis.  I'm game.  And probably NOT playing a Slytherin this time 'round.   ;)
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Lancis

PANDAKINS! lol *hugs*

3 down 7 to go, recruit your friends, beg or cajole your enemies! :)

MadPanda

Pandakins???  Wow.  Lancis, me old bean, when did you start channeling my friend from Sacramento?  Only she calls me Doctor Pandakins.  :P

In Memory of Bishrook

indarkestknight

Tempting... Not up for DMing this one, but I will be a player.

Aysleen

I'd like to play - female student :)
Ons and Offs
* I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
*Curiouser and curiouser.

Ellyssa

I might be interested for a student, although I've never created a character to fit into the Harry Potter 'verse, so not sure what's required for one. Hmmm..

LadyFox

Student definitely sounds fun... not sure if Slytherin or Gryffindor though... the other two I don't know much about though.
She is my broken doll
She lost all her pieces in a big fall
She can't discover
That I will never let her recover

MadPanda

Good heavens!  So many lovely ladies coming on board?  I may have to play a guy...(self-deprecating chuckle).

In Memory of Bishrook

MagicalPen

I guess i would be interested to. As a male student/or teacher. Havent really played in a HP Universe before so wouldnt know exactly whats required etc...

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

StockingsLover

and I was just getting myself worked up to play a female student  ;)
StockingsLover

<A href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=6739.0" TARGET="_blank">On/Offs</A>

MadPanda

Well, there's no reason there can't be a few extra lasses running about, is there?   ;D

In Memory of Bishrook

MagicalPen

The more ladies the better, IMO  ;D

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

LordAnubis

We always had a rather high female population in the game.  Even in Rpol.  We should probably move this to Players wanted though lancis.  Since I'm assuming you still want to run this.  Especially since we have 7-8 of the 10 you wanted, it looks like we're going to achieve your goal.

LordAnubis

As for the not sure what is required.  Here is outline for characters we used before, subject to Lancis's revisions of course.

Also, check out the following.   http://www.hp-lexicon.org/
It is a good resource for general information.

As for the tone of the game.  Given the chosen time frame, think of it like post World war 2, trials and all. 

For those that sided with the ministry and tolerated/liked muggles the great enemy is dead and his underlings are getting rounded up and brought to justice.  Years of terror induced by "you know who" and his death eaters are coming to an end.  You know who being Voldemorte, but he was bad enough that even the Aurors, basicly a mix of FBI and US Marshals, won't even speak his name.  Think of him like all the bad parts of hitler, but able to walk through london and Washington DC and no one able to stop him from wrecking havoc, scary SOB.  So all in all, this is actually a happy time, there is pain and sorrow but the guy is gone, beaten by a baby boy of all things, the boy who survived the killing curse.

For the Death eaters, their family and any sympathizers to their cause, it's like the end of the world.  They are being hunted and persecuted.  They have to hide their beliefs, lie turn in other people.  Their great protector and leader is gone and suddenly there is no power struggle, the other side is just running them over.  Lots of their friends/heroes are going to a prison that rivals hell, because at least in hell you can remember good times, here everything that brings you joy is sucked out of you, miserable place.   They are trying to adapt and continue their work, but now they have to do it in very guarded secret,much more subtle as they lack their awesome protector. 

As with our world their are elitists and open minded people, there is also racism, but skin color isn't the determining factor, what the bigots care about is the purity of your blood, like nobility, how many generations back are your ancestors wizards.  Europe, Asia and Africa are in about the same standing as wizards.  The Americas and Austraila tend to be assumed to not be pure bloods because most of the Native wizards were killed when the muggles and wizards from europe landed and the ensuring conflicts, or they were so integrated with their people that the european wizards couldn't tell them apart.  The Europeans that went to those regions tended to be poorer and needed to find room to make their own stake.

The Houses within the school are formed from the 4 founding members of the school.  You can find more on that in the site provided above.  One important thing is the long standing Gryffindor/Slytherin rivalry.  It goes back to the founding members of the house.  The other house is distrusted/disliked based entirely on principle.  While exceptions maybe made for specfic people, no member of the opposite house is like by their house and the other house as a whole or even in the majority.  Raven Claw and Hufflepiuff seem to walk the middle ground, not having any major rivalries, but slytherin and Gryffindor are always in a state of official cold war.  They are kids, so they aren't going to exterminate the other house, but they'll play pranks targeting the other house as a whole.

That's a run down, anything more specfic can be answered on a case by case basis, so ask away.  I'll honestly admit I'm a 22 year old male who is way to into this series for my age.

Character name:
Character Sex:
Character age:
House:
Position:

sexual limits:

turn ons:
turn offs: 
sexual preference:
Dom/sub:

Strengths:
Weakness:
top 3 fantasies:

Physical description:

Nonphysical description:
   Personality
   Quirks

Familiar: 
   (special notes)
   Don’t put dragons down, Hagrid couldn’t have one, you can’t have one.
   Phoenixes… ask Lancis before it goes into the profile, not after.
   Pets who get in trouble can get sent home, or if particularly yappy used to       replace the Quaffle at the next quidditch game.
History:
   things you should include:
      What they have been like in the school up until this point
      Family quirks. (family is eccentric or uppity)
      Status.  (Rich or poor,  Pure blood, half blood muggle born)
      Anything the school population should already know or could with little    
           Work
      Anything the school should specifically not know about the student
      (make sure to state they shouldn’t know)
      Any toys or special qualities worthy of note

Ellyssa

Okay, moved. :) (Good point, too.)

StockingsLover

I have some queries over the specifications:

Character age: What age limits are being placed on this?

Strengths: Characters strengths or person playing the character?
Weakness:  Characters weakness or person playing the character?
top 3 fantasies: again Characters fantasy or person playing the character?

StockingsLover

indarkestknight

How long after Voldemort's reign will this be? Immediately following?

LordAnubis

Character age: Last time it was 18, 7th years.  Personally I'd love to see it relaxed to 16-18 since in most states and I think even countries that is the range of consent, but that is up to Lancis, so plan on an 18 year old.

Strengths: Character, like good in charms,
Weakness:  Character, bad in potions
top 3 fantasies: toss up, some people had put what they wanted to happen to the character, others put what the character wanted to do, I'd recomend both.

As for time, well we'll have to get that from lancis.

NikitaFirestar

*Peeks* We're bringing this back? I wanna play Madison again! Can I start her over again? Or do I have to start a new char?
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Lancis

okay :)

Yes I will be storytelling again :)

Madison is welcome to return Nikita.

Immediately following Voldemorts demise... gives us some eleven years to play although... All original characters!

No teachers Except Albus, UNLESSS if you trulely wish to play a teacher you can the last time, classes lost interest quick. I will once again be Albus Dumbledore and a message has been sent to the Sirens :)

as soon as i have laid some ground work for the school i will remind you all, the old game was a top 10 game on elliquiy! and still has some top spots in the stats i'd love to see us surpass it...

The old character creation will work age wise i believe i had confirmation that characters need only look 18 :) so i'd say 4th year or better (1st year 11, 2nd year 12,, 3rd year 13, 4th year 14) so basically american high schooler age (14+) unless the goddesses or sirens tell me otherwise :)

and as a twist.. submit your character to me sans house and I will sort you *MUHAHAHA* you may list a preference :) but i'd like to see some evenness.. last time LOTS of gryfindors and slytherins very few hufflepuffs and ravenclaws... so hopefully you dont mind :)

Lancis

Lancis

ITS HERE! :)

Normal Freeform :)

Characters may be submitted immediately :)

LadyFox

Just to doublecheck, this means it's in 1982 or so right?  So no iPods, stuff like that?  Since He Who Shall Not Be Named bought it in '81?
She is my broken doll
She lost all her pieces in a big fall
She can't discover
That I will never let her recover