Contractors and Familiars [Fantasy - Interest Check]

Started by Dray, October 12, 2012, 07:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Wheresmycow on October 15, 2012, 09:50:25 PM
I think there's an easy solution to resolve this built into the setting that Ty550 has outlined so far.  It looks like the whole sword/arrow thing is very similar to the Quincy's stuff in Bleach, except their sword/arrow things are made of spiritual energy rather than actual physical objects.  Basically, it's magic.  So why not describe it the same way?  Ordinarily, yes, you'd have to have a quiver of arrows and a sword at your hip.  But with a contract, one of the magic abilities gained is the ability to manifest eldritch arrows and swords, and they can change form as needed.

I could get behind that. And as for improbable arrows in  fiction, their's a reason I avoid most most of it. When the laws of reality just go flying out the window, I lose interest; but, when magic, which by its very nature bends the rules of reality, is involved, it becomes palatable for me.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Wheresmycow

I figured it'd be the easiest way to solve the issue.

Also, MzHyde, what's your thoughts on my knight and your demon?  Interested or not your cup of tea?
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Florence

I posted up a familiar in the character thread, contracted with Siereis' character, after speaking with her in PMs about it.

-also waves to TheHangedMan- Fancy running into you here xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

MaiMizzu

Am i the only one who thinks we made the familiars to powerful?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Florence

If you mean in comparison to the contractors, I kind of imagined that was the point of the contract. The humans form these contracts specifically because of the awesome might the familiars wield.

If you mean in general, or particularly in response to my character... eh, I tend to shoot high to see what the limits are xD if the GM says my character is too powerful, I'll gladly scale her powers back. I tried to balance her powers somewhat with the others, and make sure they weren't overkill, but perhaps I didn't do a good enough job with that.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Siereis

Hey people...just a heads up...I can't figure out how to delete my profile, so instead it is just going inactive with me changing the password to something I can't find out.  Best of luck to you all in the future and sorry for the confusion and misleading.

Florence

Well... so much for that then... guess I'll be dropping out unless anyone else is interested in working something out with my familiar...

TheHangedOne

Hello, Finn! And aww, I'm sorry to see you go, Siereis... and you,  too, Finn. Though someone else might come along, wanting to play a Contractor, so not all hope is lost for you, buddy.
Check out my poet tree!

Florence

Yeah... I probably didn't word it perfectly, I'm not running off from the rp, but I'm sort of out of a contractor to work with now.

MzHyde

Shizuru would probably be better off with another female. She generally doesn't listen to anyone unless its in her own interest. So, if she's going to help anyone it would probably be another female.

CrazyIvan

I also still need a contractor, though I guess I can switch my character to a contractor, if need be. I realize I can play more than one, but I only prefer to play one character at a time. Also has the GM been on and checked this recently?

MaiMizzu

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on October 17, 2012, 02:37:53 AM

If you mean in general, or particularly in response to my character... eh, I tend to shoot high to see what the limits are xD if the GM says my character is too powerful, I'll gladly scale her powers back. I tried to balance her powers somewhat with the others, and make sure they weren't overkill, but perhaps I didn't do a good enough job with that.

I dont mean anyone's character in particular, first off.

But yeah, I mean in general it feels like we made them to strong. But maybe I see this whole thing differently than everyone else. I know they're gonna be more powerful than the average man, but not so powerful they could decimate an army. I mean you know what I mean. I think we should have the chance to be able to overwhelm a Familiar wtih something less than a battalion. Maybe I'm misreading the powers we've given to our Familiars, maybe I'm overreacting. But like I told someone, the more weaknesses a character has the more fun the character and rp is.

That's all.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Siereis

Fuck...I have no backbone.

First of all...I said I 'quit' the website because I wasn't enjoying myself

However.. I am back.  I just can't seem to stay away.  Sorry for the drama and it won't happen again!

TheHangedOne

Personally, I'm glad to see you back, and I hope whatever it was that made you want to leave in the first place is gone.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Siereis

Thanks!  I mostly wanted to leave because I had some haughty thought that I would be productive in life if I was not online as much.  Sadly my ambitious attitude did not last.  Oh well, at least I get to hang out with fun people on here.

Pentagious666

So what's the word on this do I need to get rid of Carn and just play two contractors?
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

TheHangedOne

I don't know what's going on. Ty hasn't been on in five days. I assume he ran into some trouble.
Check out my poet tree!

Pentagious666

this was supposed to be my other roleplay, you know keep me occupied.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

MaiMizzu

Yeah, welcome back Seiris! I've been looking forward to RP'ing with you in 2 different RP's, but neither has started. heh. This one and Gender Wars.

Reia

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to drop from this game, I can't find any further inspiration to work on my character and my muse is not cooperating at all. Good luck to you all with the game. :D
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

TheHangedOne

I'm about ready to drop out, too, since our GM seems to have vanished.
Check out my poet tree!

Siereis

Well I think it's safe to say our GM is gone...unless anyone else would like to take over as GM we are probably done sadly.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Siereis on October 22, 2012, 10:04:56 PM
Well I think it's safe to say our GM is gone...unless anyone else would like to take over as GM we are probably done sadly.

Agreed.
Check out my poet tree!

Pentagious666

well damn I just don't feel right picking up someone elses story Ideas and Im not positive I could run it right... still trying to get a feel for E.  I haven't done much roleplaying as of yet. if anyone has something I could join I check once a day at least.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?