Pokemon game [Exotic NC, for leeway; Story>Boinking] Game Discussion. FULL

Started by Korbl, March 25, 2011, 04:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKDBSD

Interesting idea for the courts. Can we base out teams off of our Pokemon games? Ie minus any legendaries?

SargentToughie

I never use any ubers anyway. The only one in my Game team that comes kinda close is Alakazam. (don't you dare say he's not an uber, Ally is a broken little 'mon)
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

DKDBSD

Quote from: DemonWing01 on April 02, 2011, 11:08:35 AM
I never use any ubers anyway. The only one in my Game team that comes kinda close is Alakazam. (don't you dare say he's not an uber, Ally is a broken little 'mon)

He's not a legendary though. XD

SargentToughie

Not all Ubers are Legendary. Uber is just a term for any 'mon that's absolutely broken to the point that it makes the game far too easy, and are as such banned from tournament play.

Examples of non legendary Ubers are as such.
- Garchomp
- Wynaut
- Wobbuffet
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

DKDBSD

Quote from: DemonWing01 on April 02, 2011, 11:19:45 AM
Not all Ubers are Legendary. Uber is just a term for any 'mon that's absolutely broken to the point that it makes the game far too easy, and are as such banned from tournament play.

Examples of non legendary Ubers are as such.
- Garchomp
- Wynaut
- Wobbuffet

Ah well from a realism point of view that doesn't matter. As I hope we're not messing with stats.

Korbl

Quote from: NotCarrot on April 01, 2011, 10:50:21 PM
Do you mean all the capital-P Professors from the games (Oak, Fennel, Juniper, Elm, etc) or just any notable researcher in the Pokeverse? Cause I wasn't planning on having my character be related to any of the canon characters.
Also, this is still taking place in Unova or Sinnoh, correct?

Edit: Forgot to mention, the trial-by-battle thing sounds like a cool concept.

Pretty much every professor shown, regardless of whether a Pokedex making professor or crack pot idea professor, has a plant as their name. I came up with the idea just randomly off the top of my head to explain the naming convention in world.I don't know if I'll use it, but it would cover all professors.

As for location, I was waiting to see if anyone here had any preferences.

For parties, I want characters who've just started out, so you can have full parties, but make them reasonable. Like I said, normal starters, or something matching the type that the gym leader of your hometown uses, lowest form of a three form evo family. For the others in your party, low level pokemon that can be caught around the town you hail from.

We're not going to be messing with stats too much, though if something's up in the air, I might consult average stats from the games to adjudicate, but that's it. Basically, you're youngish, your pokemon are low level and unevolved, so keep things reasonable. I don't have much of a problem with your mons knowing some tm moves so long as they're tms in your home region, and there's some justification for you having them.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Find out where I've journeyed
on the Map of Human Sexuality!

SargentToughie

Does beating a Gym leader count as Justification? It's tradition that they dish out a TM every time they lose.
Ons and offs

DKDBSD

Erm I was aiming to start with a starter and an egg Pokemon. It would be linked to both my characters stories, at the same time it would be possible for the others to get egg baby Pokemon.Through the same method.

SinXAzgard21

I was going express interest in this game until I read you were not taking anymore players... I would recommenced locking this thread just to let people know that it is closed.^^
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Korbl

Changed the thread title, and put up a note.

Yeah, the first gym leader can be glossed over, or being the kid of a gym leader. Egg pokemon are fine too.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Silk

I would've prefered a 2 teir pokemon but its not something I can't work around. But they would've just been more lower rate ones such as a Rattata or something :)

SargentToughie

Not to sound mean or anything, but why would you WANT a rattata as a starter? You could take 4 steps in the wild and run across one.
Ons and offs

Silk

SargentToughie

Ah well, I think I understand then.

Sorry about saying that, I just thought it was kinda funny that you used Rattata as a lower 2 tier 'mon.

I mean, unless said lower 'mon is a magikarp... You just don't mess with those little guys.
Ons and offs

Silk

funny thing is raticate is normally one of my strongest pokemon xD

SargentToughie

I never go with Raticate, so I really wouldn't know what kinds of untapped potential it has when trained.
Ons and offs

Silk

Its just generally a very good allrounder with really good speed and above average power. very handy for 1 turn kos with hyper fang.

SargentToughie

I'll just trust you on that and stick to my own team formula, which has worked very well for me in the past.

Seriously, in Soulsilver, I kicked Red's ass while my team was in their high 50s to low 60s.
Ons and offs

DKDBSD

I've never actually finished any of the Pokemon games fully. XD Also I just had a massive fail in Heart Gold Nuzloke challenge. Also like I said above the eggs would be available to all. I was going to make either Alex's or Trish's parents breeders. I call dibs on Azuril and Phanpy.

DKDBSD

Name:
Home Town:
Appearance:
A little about yourself:

Hows that for a bio skeleton even if it's just a quick one.

Name: Alex Crawford
Pokemon: Chikorita (Trish got dibs and she chose Cyndaquil) and a Phanpy Egg.
Home Town: ???
Appearance: http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e278/blazing_shadow_dragon/?action=view&current=aristagreyoutgreyequalsdead-1.jpg +
A little about yourself: He's the son the the towns local Pokemon breeder he's not been able to start his journey until just after his sixteenth birthday

Name: Trish Crawford (no relation kind of >.> Should I make them half siblings?)
Pokemon: Cyndaquil, and a Azurill Egg
Home Town: ???
Appearance: http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e278/blazing_shadow_dragon/?action=view&current=BunnyTrish2.jpg + http://dark-knights-dragon.deviantart.com/#/d2whb51 (The first image is a commission of Trish.)
A little about yourself: She's a violinist and for pretty much the same reason she's not been allowed to start her journey until after she turned sixteen.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Silk on April 05, 2011, 06:11:16 AM
i think we have to be 18+ for this :)

Really? XD I got the impression that sixteen was the minimum ah well eighteen's best I guess and it's easily changed.  The age in the anime is a bit silly anyways 10 (dubbed) 13 (Subbed) usually it's the other way around. XD

SargentToughie

Well then, I may as well get to work on my own character.

Name: Julian Arrowind
Appearance
Starter Pkmn: Dratini
Personality: Typically a very serious young man, he only very rarely shows is kinder qualities to those he hasn't spent enough time around to open up to. However, beneath his serious and sometimes cold exterior lives a very strong sense of justice, as well as a desire to protect the few people that he holds close to him.
Hometown: Blackthorn City
History: Being born and raised in a town where the greatest dragon tamers ever to live came from, Julian obviously had a great deal of pressure put on him growing up. He aspired in his childhood to be just as cool and collected as the legendary Lance. As he grew older, his aspirations for such things began to fade away, but his desire to become a trainer and make his home town proud never did. Before he left Blackthorn city, and the entire Johto region itself, behind, the elder of the dragon shrine bestowed the gift of a young Dratini upon him, as his starter.

He said the following words about the small creature to Julian: "Even though he will struggle to keep up with his peers now. If you give him enough time and passion, one day, he will surpass them all."

With those words in his heart, and the young Dratini in his possession, Julian left for Olivine City in order to make his way to an entirely alien continent to him. And so, his journey as a trainer began.

Ons and offs

Korbl

Quote from: DKDBSD on April 05, 2011, 06:16:28 AM
Really? XD I got the impression that sixteen was the minimum ah well eighteen's best I guess and it's easily changed.  The age in the anime is a bit silly anyways 10 (dubbed) 13 (Subbed) usually it's the other way around. XD
I set 16 as the limit. It's... legal... enough. Especially given that these are fictional characters on the internet and it actually is the legal age of consent in some states and quite a few countries. (...what? ...I watch Bullshit....)
Ons/Offs

My A&As

DKDBSD

Quote from: Korbl on April 06, 2011, 12:55:43 AM
I set 16 as the limit. It's... legal... enough. Especially given that these are fictional characters on the internet and it actually is the legal age of consent in some states and quite a few countries. (...what? ...I watch Bullshit....)

I see well that'd be better because I think 14- 16 is probably the most logical starting point for that journey. Frustrated people would have just run away by that point and unless they have a reason holdingthem back I don't think many would stay back eight years. Or five years if you go by thirteen being the minimum age.