News:

Main Menu

Rebooting GladOS

Started by Callie Del Noire, April 16, 2011, 02:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 19, 2011, 01:09:53 AM
ooo.. GladOS is very very passive aggressive.
So she hasn't changed, then.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on April 19, 2011, 03:42:59 PM
So she hasn't changed, then.
She never said you were FAT before.

Vekseid

...Steam is saying I completed Single Player in four hours... I'm pretty sure it took me twice that long. I crashed once, which may have been why.

I think GlaDOS had a weaker performance this time around. I think the ending could have been done better, namely:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Why not give Chell control of her own escape? It would have been a few final puzzles at least.

A set of single player challenge maps would have been nice. Maybe there'll be added content.

I made a new Steam account for this game and so am friendless. Amusing!

Shjade

Quote from: Vekseid on April 19, 2011, 09:34:17 PM
...Steam is saying I completed Single Player in four hours... I'm pretty sure it took me twice that long. I crashed once, which may have been why.
Steam's time tracker gets wonky sometimes. It claims I beat Half-Life 2 in three hours which is, I think, impossible without cheating.
◕/◕'s

Wolfy

I think GlaDOS had a weaker performance this time around. I think the ending could have been done better, namely:

Why not give Chell control of her own escape? It would have been a few final puzzles at least.

A set of single player challenge maps would have been nice. Maybe there'll be added content.

Heh, post your steam name and you won't be friendless for long..:D

Everyone wants to get Buddy buddy with the leader of the greatest site in existence. :P

Callie Del Noire

Heh.. still doing the Single Player..

The 'Cave Johnson' segment I liked.. not sure about the stuff after..

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 20, 2011, 01:31:59 AM
Heh.. still doing the Single Player..

The 'Cave Johnson' segment I liked.. not sure about the stuff after..

Arrrrgh..we need to do Co-Op Callie! D:

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on April 20, 2011, 01:36:37 AM
Arrrrgh..we need to do Co-Op Callie! D:

Single player gets done first.

Yorubi

Rawr you could buy me the game and I'll do co op with you... *winks* lol XD

Wolfy

Kunoichi

*just finished single player, herself*

So Chell escapes to the surface?  I wonder what sort of adventures she'll have up there...?

Vekseid

Quote from: Wolfy on April 20, 2011, 12:02:12 AM
Heh, post your steam name and you won't be friendless for long..:D

Everyone wants to get Buddy buddy with the leader of the greatest site in existence. :P

PM me for my id. : )

Geeklet

Quote from: Jeramiahh on April 19, 2011, 07:05:48 AM

I'm a little disappointed the new song wasn't anywhere near as catchy as 'Still Alive'...

While not as catchy, I do think it is still a better song. Does a better job to capture the utter disgust Glados has with you that she doesn't even care if you are dead, just that you are gone.

Shjade

Why make a new account for one game?
◕/◕'s

Callie Del Noire

Finished with the Single Player Portion...

DAMN what a way to end the boss fight! Moon shot! LITERALLY

Vekseid

Quote from: Shjade on April 20, 2011, 05:20:32 PM
Why make a new account for one game?

Because I didn't have an account to begin with.

Shjade

Aha. Well then, welcome to Steamery. ;p
◕/◕'s

Wolfy

Indeed...and prepare to lose all your money on their thousands of deals each month. xD

Jeramiahh

Finished playing through the co-op campaign, earlier, and, without spoiling anything, I'll just say that it satisfied all of my complaints about the main game; primarily, that it was too short, and that the puzzles almost seemed too easy. Co-op easily answers both of those; it's nearly as long as the main campaign (40 test chambers, over 5 chapters!) and it assumes you've beaten the game already, as it introduces mechanics with no explanation, and uses them in downright crazy ways.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Callie Del Noire

I think it's fairly easy to divide the single player segment into a few sections.

GladOS, Cave Johnson, Wheatley. :D

Wheatly drove me NUTS in a few spots.

Shjade

Had to get Wolfy's help with one of the last test chambers, but went through the rest mostly smooth. I'd say that's probably a fair level of difficulty balanced by great humor and fun.

I think I'll have to put off the co-op for a while. Holy Week is crazy times at work. x.x
◕/◕'s

Remiel

Working through the Co-op campaign with my roommate, and it's just as much fun as the single-player campaign.  I really like how the challenges require precise communication and teamwork in order to advance.  At first, we pretty much tried to sabotage each other whenever possible -- until we realized that if we kept it up, we'd be there all night.

Haven't beat the single-player yet, but I'm liking how the events are playing out so far (I'm currently in the Cave Johnson area).  I think my favorite bit so far was

swapping out the functioning turret template with the defective one. 

*flip* "I don't understaaaaaaand."

Vekseid

The co-op was fun but it makes the replay value seem a little lacking. There's an achievement for taking a friend through it the first time (any volunteers? >_>) and grabbing whatever you missed, but after that, what is there?

A lot of the puzzles and achievements in this game require a bit of lateral thinking, but none of them require a terrible amount of agility. If you're stuck at any point thinking that you have to be ridiculously agile at some point, you need to rethink the puzzle - and you probably missed something.

It's a bit cruel in this regard, because ridiculous agility actually can work on some parts of puzzles. It just isn't ever actually needed.

One thing that will help for tests and achievements where agility helps is that you don't get reoriented while looking straight down or straight up when falling through portals. This can help you get your bearings while bouncing around, though this is mostly useful in the original Portal's advanced missions.

Wolfy

I'm calling it now..Cave Johnson is going to be a character who becomes the center of thousands of memes. :P

Wolfy

Also, I like the ending to Portal 2..especially the new song. :D...

...Really shows a certain character actually has a heart, if you look at it from the right perspective.