Deception: Murder in Hong Kong/CS Files (Rules and OOC)

Started by Galactic Druid, December 17, 2015, 02:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Quote from: Remiel on January 19, 2016, 02:48:01 PM
Let's not underestimate Blythe and BAMF.  I think they did an amazing job misdirecting people.

Your first three cards were spot on and actually were pretty good cards. I was flailing and completely at a loss what to do until "Decayed" came up. I practically heard a small chorus of "hallelujahs" when that card appeared because I finally had something like a strategy at that point.

I think my biggest mistake was picking 'Electric Current' as a method of death--waaaaaay too specific. If I'm ever the murderer again, I have a much better understanding of what the game needs for the murderer to win now. ^^

Galactic Druid

No argument from me, they certainly did! Next round, we'll be adding a new role; the witness!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

BAMF

Quote from: Remiel on January 19, 2016, 02:48:01 PM
Let's not underestimate Blythe and BAMF.  I think they did an amazing job misdirecting people.
Oh my god. When I wrote up that list that incriminated myself most of all and then MP ACTUALLY GUESSED ME? I was dying. That was amazing.

I also wouldn't mind being thrown in the pool for FS, but I'm definitely up for another round.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Remiel

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 19, 2016, 03:35:48 PM
I wanna play! I wanna play! :D

OHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIII

*cough* I mean welcome aboard, Red.  Glad to have you.

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Madame Professor

Quote from: Blythe on January 19, 2016, 02:53:07 PM
Your first three cards were spot on and actually were pretty good cards. I was flailing and completely at a loss what to do until "Decayed" came up. I practically heard a small chorus of "hallelujahs" when that card appeared because I finally had something like a strategy at that point.

I think my biggest mistake was picking 'Electric Current' as a method of death--waaaaaay too specific. If I'm ever the murderer again, I have a much better understanding of what the game needs for the murderer to win now. ^^

When Decayed came out, I allllllmost spent my guess on Electric Current/Oil Stain. But I thought maybe I'm stretching it and this was just a bad clue (because I am all too familiar with how that happens) so I waited. Then Summer came out and I was like, "let's reevaluate this." ><

And it's tough to decide what to do with it! Especially with a group this size.

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 19, 2016, 03:35:48 PM
I wanna play! I wanna play! :D

One of us, one of us!
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Remiel

MP:  between Weekday, Weekend, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, what would you have said?

Madame Professor

Quote from: Remiel on January 19, 2016, 04:09:15 PM
MP:  between Weekday, Weekend, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, what would you have said?

Honestly, I have no idea. Nothing really helps point to Oil Stain in my mind. ><

Just so you know, I was not in anyway meaning you did a bad job. I was more commenting on the fact that my brain thought I must be on the wrong track, since I was already a bit iffy about my initial thinking. Which turned out to be right. So I'm glad Vera stayed on that track. GG, girl.

Being the Forensic Scientist is hard. Especially when you get clues that you don't find will be helpful in telling the investigators what they need to know. Because you want the investigators to get it right. Sometimes, the clues don't help. I'll have to tell you about my first time as the FS... It was just terrible. I had all manner of clues that didn't help me at all. Luckily, since this is a cooperative game, I don't have to worry too much about my guess being wrong. The guesses are the investigators biggest tool in narrowing down what the FS is trying to them. Waiting for more clues isn't always a good thing... my case in point.
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Galactic Druid

With Red, that makes 12, this game's max!

I'd of done weekday, like a work day. Not the best clue though...

Remiel

I think my mistake was that I was going Motor Oil for the oil stain, while all of the investigators were trying to form a coherent narrative between all the clues.  Which, if you do that, I can see how they might've been thrown off, as motor oil has no business in a bathroom.

Verasaille

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

BAMF

I'm still ridiculously proud of incriminating myself & then MP going, "Yep, sounds right. I think it's BAMF."
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

RedPhoenix

Quote from: BAMF on January 19, 2016, 07:41:40 PM
I'm still ridiculously proud of incriminating myself & then MP going, "Yep, sounds right. I think it's BAMF."

Oh like you're hard to incriminate.

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

RedPhoenix

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Galactic Druid

When I get home from work, I'll deal out cards, and if I have time do roles, otherwise I'll start the game tomorrow for sure.

We will be adding The Witness! The witness starts the game knowing who the Murderer is! However, in the event of a victory by the investigators, the murderer gets one chance to guess and eliminate the witness before they make it to court, flipping the victory for themselves!

Blythe

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 19, 2016, 07:52:44 PM
When I get home from work, I'll deal out cards, and if I have time do roles, otherwise I'll start the game tomorrow for sure.

We will be adding The Witness! The witness starts the game knowing who the Murderer is! However, in the event of a victory by the investigators, the murderer gets one chance to guess and eliminate the witness before they make it to court, flipping the victory for themselves!

*flails* I am excited about this role--this should make things very interesting!

Verasaille

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

RedPhoenix

Strangefate

I'm still game for another.  Also welcome Red, and well done as accomplice BAMF!  I really hadn't pegged you for that.  You certainly got people off scent and on your trail.  :P   
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Madame Professor

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 19, 2016, 07:52:44 PM

Yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss.

James Moriarty