Interest Check: Teen Titans?

Started by Wolfy, January 08, 2011, 02:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HollowX

hmmm, you know, that's right. You shouldn't have both stealing a persons powers and any physical type of attacks to, that's a bit overpowered. Maybe having it so she can steal the energy of an attack as it comes (powers and physical), but not nullifying/absorbing all the internal power of metahumans?

Mystic Dragon

Sure...if you see it. The one weakness of that power is that you have to be totally alert at all times. You misjudge how much energy, what type, etc. and you end up a pile of cinders.
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

HollowX

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 19, 2011, 09:39:40 PM

-Weapons and/or powers: and most of all the powers of the people around her. 

I would agree about the attention thing, but automatically taking all the power of someone is a bit much, maybe siphoning off the power depending on the clash of wills *shrugs* (in otherwords, the more the subject fights the less of their power gets stolen at a time, loss over time). I do admit however, other then that one bit, after looking at it that way I totally like the power :-)

Mhina

I really like it, I'm just not sure how I'd beat it. I'll need to scheme something.

CurvyKitten

Ok lets try postong this again. The powers work more on touch when it comes to human powers. Think rogue but minus the power to copy. Like a redirection of force or energy. Theforce of a hit is redirected around her instead of hitting her. She has learned to redirect other energy refocusing it through her body and her attack. She does have to be carfull if she holds to much or to long it can end up hurting her. Hence the scar and nerve damage.

As for the twin thing, maybe have to see. Maybe they think she is dead  having used her power to save her sister or their home. But in doing so was absorbed into the energy and popped out body thrashed and memory gone. Is found and raised by one of the big bads

How does that all sound? The powers adjusted a bit as well as giving them room to grow. And a maybe on the twin thing.

HollowX

*Thumbs up*, makes much more sense to me :)

CurvyKitten

Ok glad I dont want anyone thinking I was godmodding. But if it more of a redirecting the that means the attack would hit the area around her.

HollowX

Ahh, kk, thought you got to absorb the persons powers simply by willing it, was a bit skeptical of that. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Mhina

I assumed you weren't, it's just that things get tricky when you start messing with physics.

CurvyKitten

No she would redirect or nullify it... Sapping or draining it or  redirecting it around her. Maybe later as she learns more she can  use their energy like she does more mondane energy. Electricity, force, kenetic energy, beams and such. That work ok? So redirect or absorb?

CurvyKitten

Ok I see this going one of two ways, one she redirects the energy and it will hit somewhere else. Either back at the person that hit her or somewhere around her. Or two she basicly drains their  energy and by draining metahuman energy that is what feeds her inhanced speed strength and so on. Beyond that she just redirects any other energy she absorbs through an attack.

HollowX

The first one with a modification is good. I don't mind the absorption skill since it would come with practice, but in exchange to absorb without them using the powers makes it so they themselves can resist if it is an internal power. Metahumans tend to have their power be their energy, so resisting affects like that seem like a good thing to put in.

HollowX

The second is pretty good to, just it would make sense to have it be a drain over time, one enhanced by touch.

CurvyKitten

Ok so redirecting for now say absorbing will come with time. Her inhanced body a sign of that only she doesnt realize it.

CurvyKitten

Ok I need a name for her, super and regular any suggestions?

CurvyKitten

If the twin thing doesn't work...I was thinking this look let me know what you think.

And her gear when she wears it

I'd say her gear is a bit more advanced, tech involved into the suit and such. But yeah let me know what you think.

LeoStar

the link is down at the moment, but i guess you went for the same anime character , aka Kalen from Code geass. i'm fine with you being my twin but my background involves me being an X-god. so aslong as you can get something that works with that an the DM says yes go for it. also i was expecting my powers to be mostly on par with Dr freeze but as you pointed out the evil guy is always stronger.

Mhina

Well your powers do sound similar, at least in a basic way. Just seems like Curvy's got a more well rounded set.

LeoStar

Just so were clear here, your powers involve redirecting other peoples, along with improved physical strength and speed. The limitations are if you absorb to much or you get hit by two or more at a time (since you have to decide what you absorb. Did you drop the kinetic thing? I mean if we throw a bus at you can you stop I dead in the air?

CurvyKitten

ok as I have said as of yet she doesn't realize or understand that she absorbs meta-human "energy" I guess you can say life force makes a better explanation. It is what enhances her body, speed, strength, durability and so on she can't run around the world or anything and enough damage and she will go down. Just very much past human standards, maybe later on the more she takes in the more enhance she gets. But at the moment there is a limit. She can't throw a bus...dodge it yes..throw it no. And she may not be able to throw the bus but the person throwing it can be drained. Again think rogue but she can't copy the powers in any way. Her body basically converts the energy to the one already in her body. And she can take more then one hit just takes concentration, she isn't unstoppable hit with enough everyone goes down. Just know the more you hit her there is a possibility it could enhance her enough to survive. As for other energy, electricity, kinetic, thermal,atomic, and so on she can bend and work easily that is what she see's a believes is her main power. That she can do like it is second nature having had it and been practicing it all her life.  But yes she takes in to much and it could and will cause damage to her body.  Say that suit and the strange power source she can take it in....in the end to much and it will hurt her. Say he starts to blow... she could take the energy in but if she doesn't release that energy it could nearly kill her if not kill her.

As for the twin thing working the back ground to work is easy for me. The finally say is up to you weather you want to do it or not. I have a story that I can go with either way. Just wait on your answer if you really want to do it or not. I don't want to horn in on your character or idea. Honestly I didn't realize that I had picked the same picture so my bad there. I picked her do to the helmet in the pic and she was still cute..lol. I want her to be wearing a mask and such.... add to the mystery.

HollowX

Makes for a better villain to, after all why should the heroes get all the  benefits lol?

LeoStar

I'm all for having an evil twin sister, makes for a more intresting RP. i mean Starfire had an evil sister, just you could take it further and pretned to be me before we find out the truth

CurvyKitten

Nods~ ok..twin sister it is then, but she will be wearing a tech filled helmet that keeps her face hidden. To keep the mystery at least for a little bit. 

Ok I will edit my character and get my first post in then. Looking forward to this.

CurvyKitten

Username:Curvykitten
-Character Name: Is called Echo, thinks her real name is Alana, true name Evelyn daughter of Sol
-Sexual Orientation: Bi
-Description or Image:

-Weapons and/or powers: she absorbs meta-human "energy" I guess you can say life force makes a better explanation. It is what enhances her body, speed, strength, durability and so on she can't run around the world or anything and enough damage and she will go down. Just very much past human standards, maybe later on the more she takes in the more enhance she gets. But at the moment there is a limit. She can't throw a bus...dodge it yes..throw it no. And she may not be able to throw the bus but the person throwing it can be drained. Again think rogue but she can't copy the powers in any way. Her body basically converts the energy to the one already in her body. And she can take more then one hit just takes concentration, she isn't unstoppable hit with enough everyone goes down. Just know the more you hit her there is a possibility it could enhance her enough to survive. As for other energy, electricity, kinetic, thermal,atomic, and so on she can bend and work easily that is what she see's a believes is her main power. That she can do like it is second nature having had it and been practicing it all her life. Being able to bend it to her will to achieve what ever goal or need she has at the time. When it is taken in her body it is changed to her energy think some what like a battery that can run on at type of energy. Converting it to her own, the no mete human energy being converted and used for attacks, and what ever other needs she may have for it. The mete human energy giving her the overly enhanced body.

But at times this affect has back fired, one of the worst left a scar across her back that looks like a lighting strike across her skin. And has killed her pain response the nerves connected to that now dead. Which can be a good and bad thing...she can keep going but also doesn't know when to stop. But the nerves connected to other things...such as pleasure were heightened and tend to be overly sensitive when stimulated.

-Other:It has taken several years of training, but she has learned to redirect the energy she takes. Instead of completely nullifying it she can redirect it into her attacks. No able to duplicate the powers she nullifies that energy she has yet been able to refocus.
Her training remains to be constantly underway, from who is unknown. But she clearly has marshal arts training, computer, weaponry,... even without her power she is someone you don't want to piss off.
(( let me know if having the suit is to much))
Her suit has the abilities of her "fathers" either teleport or turn invisible, shoes that had the ability to form wheels so she can skate only adding to her speed and agility, and other high-tech functions. The helmet had communication abilities and was linked to a computer and Red X who was still very much alive. The whole suit was insulated and built to withstand her powers and not short circuit. he had to refrain from giving the suit any other abilities, the xynothium used to power it had bad reactions when she took it with in her body.

Bio- Evelyn is the lost daughter of the Norse god of the sun SOL. Her memory of who she really is lost long ago. When the gods still mingled and held their place above the mortals. Still spoke to them as the believers and worshiper the mortals once were. Till there was a war...the non believers smiting down those that tried to hold onto the old ways. Cause unrest with in the gods themsleves.

But despite the chaos Evelyn was still a bright happy girl.  The love for her mother father...and most of all her twin sister Sunna. Evelyn was mischievous and playful, but intelligent beyond her years. Her powers growing everyday along with her sisters. Each being able to take on energy of their own. Evelyn working with the energy around her, her sister with the energy and fire within. They were happy... despite the war around them, the mortals losing faith. That was till the day it was all taken, an accident...one in which she tried to protect her sister. One which gave her the scar that runs along her back looking like a lightning strike coming from her left hip along her back and ending at her right shoulder.

She doesn't remember what happened, all she knows and remembers is waking up in the woods. Her body burned and scared and her mind completely blank. And this is where she was found by her caregiver...her mentor. Red X himself... at least the one that took over after Robin stop playing as him. He found her and took her in, raised her...showed her everything he knew and helped her control her powers. Which despite being diminished do to the fact that her true bloodline was buried as deep as the memories of her past were. She still has become a formidable opponent. Also taking on his mentality of being on his own side, truth be told the only person she ever saw him care for was her. Hell the only person that ever really knew who he was was her. But she knew why, knew the ways of the world thanks to him. And was very much out to make her own way...in her own way.

-villan

just what I have so far let me know what you think.

Mhina

Nice. I'm an idiot by the way, It took me like five minutes to realize that the thing in the first pic wasn't some sort of spiky tail....